Is the Physical CE worth it and about the Molag Bal statue?

TrueSith66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TrueSith66
Member since 2006 • 137 Posts

I have always had my eye on this MMO, but I'm not so sure about purchasing this game now. Not that I think it will suck, I think it will be decent at worst, and great at best. I'm a die hard TES fan so I'd play it even if it was just decent, just to explore the never before fleshed out areas of Tamriel until I've had my fill. So it's not that I don't think it will be fun or a good game, I just don't think it is a good investment anymore. The whole exclusive race in the collectors edition and the preorder bonus that lets you play any faction no matter what race is a cash grab. I was on the fence about whether I felt like this game will succeed or not, but Zenimax Online/Bethesda's most recent move with the Imperial Edition was the last nail in the coffin for me. I feel like they know this game is not going to last so they're trying to grab as much money as they can from it before it goes under. They're probably already planning for it to go F2P. Both the strict NDA (meaning they don't have confidence to fully show off their product) and all of these shady moves make me feel that way. They have so much negative press already and so much doubt and contempt from the fan base. P2P plus a cash shop (a double whammy which I've rarely ever seen in P2P mmo's), and then they pull this crap. If the dev's or publisher don't think it will succeed, how does it stand a chance? I hoped for better.

Why spend $50-$100 for a product and $15 each month if there's a very good chance that it will go F2P within two years? Plus by buying the CE you're letting them have their way. But as a die hard Elder Scrolls fan, I really want to play now, and my god I want that statue in the physical CE. Such is my dilemma, and I'm sure other people are feeling the same. This is honestly a crying shame for TES fans and MMO players. And Elder Scrolls VI feels so far away.

Also as I said before I'm tempted to buy the Retail Imperial edition because that statue is amazing and might sell for high in a few years, but I thought the same about SWTOR and the Darth Malgus statue and look what happened there. What do you guys think about that? Do you think collectors will want pay more for it after it's discontinued?

Thanks!

RaiceGeriko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RaiceGeriko
Member since 2010 • 34 Posts

You know - you hear a lot of people saying the same things about this game.... and there really aren't any reasonable explanations for them.

1. The game costs $60. I paid the same amount of money for Skyrim when it released. This is honestly a non-issue these days.

2. The Imperial Edition is nothing more than a Special Edition. Why is everyone freaking out about a game offering a Special Edition? It isn't a cash grab any more than any other Special Edition that has been offered by any other game. Stop letting the media fuel your judgments on this and think rationally.

3. The NDA is there because the game is still 4 months away from release. It's the same thing as if they were making a typical TES game and said absolutely nothing about it.... like they typically do. Bioware has been the same way with their games. This has less to do with features of the game not being complete and more to do with preserving the mystery of the story and the world. As a huge fan of TES, you will know that the mystery of the world and the stories therein are the hallmarks of the series. TESO is heavily relying on its ability to provide a similar experience. Why does everyone and their brother automatically assume the worst because they don't know anything about the game? When have you ever known anything about any TES game prior to playing it?

4. You aren't just getting a statue for the extra money with the retail CE. You're also getting a sweet, huge map of the game world, and a 230 page fully illustrated hard cover book that explains in detail the lore of the era. Frankly, that's worth the extra $20 alone if you ask me. Personally, I'm not a big enough fan to need those sorts of things, but I did get the digital version of the CE. I debated on getting the retail... but I bought two copies of the digital version and didn't want to spend the extra money on something I simply don't need. But... they're great collector's pieces for sure.

5. As for the game... man... seriously... even if the game isn't the be-all end-all come to Jesus MMO people somehow thought it was going to be... it's still going to be at worst a decent MMO on par with any other AAA title like SWTOR, GW2, or any other game. The only difference is you'll get a combat system that more closely resembles Skyrim than a typical MMO, and you'll get the lore of TES series. That's at worst. At best, you'll get one unique experience of an MMO that takes you on one awesome journey. And hey... even if the game sucks... you still got some sweet stuff out of the purchase that simply does not suck.