Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Bruneauinfo
Member since 2004 • 7777 Posts

If I were going to die tomorrow, and I had never played a PS3 game before, which game would you recommend I play before entering the great unknown?

Gianhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Gianhardy141
Member since 2011 • 744 Posts

Really depends based on your personality or taste etc etc 

But I would say Heavy Rain for the pS3 or Last of Us since it captures perfectly that video games are now becoming an art. The power of character development, emotion, that flicker of happiness or sadness that is expressed in the face in the games, and then there's the great unique gameplay that would not get you bored 

Or if you were an action type person (Last of US is of course action but more action) I would reccomend either God of War 3 or if I knew you were quesy or something Assassins Creed (the first). God of War for obvious reasons but AC because of the philosophy it poses, the religious challenges, the challenges of morality, and how people perceive history. Plus: action.

And fianlly if I knew you had patience and not the attention span of the average gamer then the answer is obvious and my first recommendation: Skyrim.  

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bruneauinfo

so you didn't do skyrim on PC?

DPumbliQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 DPumbliQ
Member since 2006 • 17367 Posts
I'd say the Last of Us overall, I can pretty confidently say it's the best PS3 game I've played. Since it would be your first and only PS3 game.

Personally though, I'd just go out playing Mortal Kombat. :P

Gianhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gianhardy141

so you didn't do skyrim on PC?

Bruneauinfo

never got a good working PC to play Skyrim and other good games (well too) 

But hey I still play Oblivion which i played yesterday and that was on ps3 so *shrug* 

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bruneauinfo

wow Oblivion. probably would be cool to play on the PS3. i would probably actually play it since I wouldn't be tempted to spend the entire time tyring to mod the crap out of it.

Gianhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gianhardy141

wow Oblivion. probably would be cool to play on the PS3. i would probably actually play it since I wouldn't be tempted to spend the entire time tyring to mod the crap out of it.

Bruneauinfo

lmao i got Dragon Age Origins on my pc and it ran on med specs and it's true lol i spent more time modding :p

DPumbliQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DPumbliQ

Bruneauinfo

I've rendered my copy of Skyrim unplayable thanks to all the mods I've installed (about 170). :( It seems some of them have clashed and now the game can't be played anymore.

I'm sure I'll reinstall it when I finally feel like playing through the Dragonborn expansion.

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bruneauinfo

you can always copy your data folder which will save the modded version of the game for later. i used to do that with Oblivion and Fallout 3 before i started modding. make a copy of the data folder before installing any mods so that if a mod killed my game I could just copy the original data folder back in and start again without having to reinstall. works great actually.

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 harden007
Member since 2004 • 6884 Posts
[QUOTE="Bruneauinfo"]

DPumbliQ

I've rendered my copy of Skyrim unplayable thanks to all the mods I've installed (about 170). :( It seems some of them have clashed and now the game can't be played anymore.

I'm sure I'll reinstall it when I finally feel like playing through the Dragonborn expansion.

There are tools on Skyrim Nexus which you can use to merge your mods, animations, and leveled lists so they don't conflict.

The problem is that even with the tools it's a lot of time and work. I'm not willing to spend a day or two just modding and updating skyrim, so I'm not playing it at the moment. 

DPumbliQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DPumbliQ

you can always copy your data folder which will save the modded version of the game for later. i used to do that with Oblivion and Fallout 3 before i started modding. make a copy of the data folder before installing any mods so that if a mod killed my game I could just copy the original data folder back in and start again without having to reinstall. works great actually.

Bruneauinfo

I don't really want to keep it, I've gathered so much stupid stuff and barely any of it is worth keeping.

There are tools on Skyrim Nexus which you can use to merge your mods, animations, and leveled lists so they don't conflict.

The problem is that even with the tools it's a lot of time and work. I'm not willing to spend a day or two just modding and updating skyrim, so I'm not playing it at the moment. 

harden007

Yeah, no point in wasting that much time on it. I think I'll just reinstall it. I'll try not to download that many next time.

Gianhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gianhardy141
[QUOTE="Bruneauinfo"]

DPumbliQ

I don't really want to keep it, I've gathered so much stupid stuff and barely any of it is worth keeping.

harden007

Yeah, no point in wasting that much time on it. I think I'll just reinstall it. I'll try not to download that many next time.

or follow a series or something, just self control read each one etc etc 
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bruneauinfo

it takes me 2 to 3 hours just to get Oblivion tweaked to where i want it. the problem is once i get the required tweaks I start believing there might be other little bits and pieces that i can add to the game to make it even better. and before i know it i've spent the entire day looking thrugh the catalogues of mods, downloading them, and trying them out. and in the end i delete all by the initial Oblivion tweaks i installed in the first place. and then like twenty hours into the game i'm burned out from looking at the game, and I've remembered all the insurmountable flaws, and i give up.

yeah.

Gianhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gianhardy141

it takes me 2 to 3 hours just to get Oblivion tweaked to where i want it. the problem is once i get the required tweaks I start believing there might be other little bits and pieces that i can add to the game to make it even better. and before i know it i've spent the entire day looking thrugh the catalogues of mods, downloading them, and trying them out. and in the end i delete all by the initial Oblivion tweaks i installed in the first place. and then like twenty hours into the game i'm burned out from looking at the game, and I've remembered all the insurmountable flaws, and i give up.

yeah.

Bruneauinfo
the self control is very hard when it comes to modding... 
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bruneauinfo

yeah, i'm always afraid I'm going to miss something.

Gianhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gianhardy141

yeah, i'm always afraid I'm going to miss something.

Bruneauinfo
Thuthfully i think Fallout/Skyrim/Dragon Age has better mods than Oblivion but Oblivion mods are AWESOME. The only mod i truly wanted tho but never worked for me was the Oblivion journal. A journal your "player" can write himself detailing his adventures...never even appeared in my inventory