noahcycle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 noahcycle12
Member since 2004 • 14304 Posts

I posted this on the Warrior Coalition Union.

One I saw the other day, "Snake Crane Secret"

The Story -- There are three brothers. One knows a secret about the martial arts. The other two brothers ambush him and his two young sons. The father is killed but a monk that is a master of the snake art rescues the two boys. Then one brother betrays the other, but he escapes. The younger boy was given to another monk that knew the crane style, while the older stayed with the snake master. Eventually the two sons along with their uncle, would defeat the evil uncle.

Why watch? - This has some GREAT hand to hand combat in it. Although this is a movie, these guys are really good. Its amazing to watch.

Another, "Seven Samurai"

The story -- I don't recall a lot about this one, but here goes. Seven samurai (duh) go off together and (I think) turn rebel. Anyway, they come to a village that is being slaughtered and pillaged by bandits. They are asked to help but they are reluctant. Eventually they teach the people how to fight and strategy to use against the bandits. But if I recall, they finally face off alone against them. I think a couple survive. I have only seen this once and never saw the beginning, but I was very impressed. I am going to definitely get this one.

Why watch? - This has a great story, a fantastic feel and emotion, and some great sword play and fighting.

taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 taisho_rolyat
Member since 2004 • 3105 Posts

You know what other Martial Arts movie is awesome?

THE LEGEND OF DRUNKEN MASTER!!!!!!111!!!!11!!

C-GHOST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 C-GHOST
Member since 2004 • 9789 Posts

taisho_rolyat

!!!

VVVVVVVVVV

noahcycle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 noahcycle12
Blood of the Dragon. Although I never did see the end, it has superb weapon fights. Main character uses a spear. I like to think its Zhou Yun.8)
ciaxhieu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ciaxhieu
Member since 2005 • 19014 Posts
that is old dude, really old. so old i never even heard of them
noahcycle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 noahcycle12

that is old dude, really old. so old i never even heard of themciaxhieu

But the skill that can be found in old movies is worth it. Plus, you cant mess with classics. Seven Samurai was filmed in 1954. For not having computers or any other real big speacial effects, it is filmed amazingly. If nothing else, please at least check seven samurai out. Its worth it.

JeffSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JeffSteel
Member since 2004 • 2989 Posts
The Seven Samurai was a great film, though I havent gotten to see the whole thing........ somthing that I intend to remedy eventually.
ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 ranger_waha
Member since 2005 • 3187 Posts
This topic really, really deserves to come back. I love old kung fu movies. My own personal favorite was Bloodfight, the not so related sequel to Bloodsport. It's like 2 and a half hours of training, where the main character gets his ass beaten in at the end, only winning by a hair. Soooo good.
Onikage123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#9 Onikage123
Member since 2005 • 2160 Posts
How dare you say bloodsport/bloodfight is an ol skool kung fu movie! My personal fav? Secret Rivals or Drunken master! Both Amazing! and why didnt i ever see tghis post befo?
Onikage123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#10 Onikage123
Member since 2005 • 2160 Posts

taisho_rolyat
YEAH BRUDDAA!!!!!
bugg333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bugg333
Member since 2006 • 3015 Posts
anyone ever watched kung fu? it's CALLED kung fu it's the oldest one evar!!!!!!!!!!! and to keep in with my new movie crowd how bout kung fu hustle! WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ! !
Mr_Buttman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mr_Buttman
Member since 2005 • 5528 Posts

I think the newer martial arts movies are a lot better. The old ones drive me crazy with all the terrible sound and picture.

Avatar image for deathmaster9000
deathmaster9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 deathmaster9000
Member since 2005 • 5079 Posts
[QUOTE="bugg333"]anyone ever watched kung fu? it's CALLED kung fu it's the oldest one evar!!!!!!!!!!! and to keep in with my new movie crowd how bout kung fu hustle! WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ! !

yah lol, I own it.
deathmaster9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deathmaster9000

I think the newer martial arts movies are a lot better. The old ones drive me crazy with all the terrible sound and picture.

Mr_Buttman
Yah thats true, thats why alot of the older one's have been remastered, better sound. but still kinda corny. Like all of the older Bruce Lee movies or Sony Chiba movies, great movies...but ridiculous sound effects...
ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ranger_waha
[QUOTE="Mr_Buttman"]

deathmaster9000
Yah thats true, thats why alot of the older one's have been remastered, better sound. but still kinda corny. Like all of the older Bruce Lee movies or Sony Chiba movies, great movies...but ridiculous sound effects...

The old sound and effects are what make the movies so great. They force you to use imagination in order to enjoy the movies.
onimusha4567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 onimusha4567
Member since 2005 • 1174 Posts
you know what is a good movie hero. i like it. and seven swords.
taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 taisho_rolyat
Member since 2004 • 3105 Posts

A great martial arts classic from the director of Seven Samurai is Yojimbo. I saw it on TCM a while back, and I thought it was incredible.

Plus, Toshiro Mifune is the greatest badass in motion picture history.

ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ranger_waha

A great martial arts classic from the director of Seven Samurai is Yojimbo. I saw it on TCM a while back, and I thought it was incredible.

taisho_rolyat
Nuh uh. Bolo Yeung is a far badder ass than he.
deathmaster9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deathmaster9000
[QUOTE="deathmaster9000"][QUOTE="Mr_Buttman"]

ranger_waha

The old sound and effects are what make the movies so great. They force you to use imagination in order to enjoy the movies.

Yah the fighting effects are good, but like they flick their nose and it goes "boing" lol
noahcycle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 noahcycle12

taisho_rolyat
Seven Samurai is a great movie. I own that one.
noahcycle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 noahcycle12
[QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="deathmaster9000"][QUOTE="Mr_Buttman"]

deathmaster9000

Yah the fighting effects are good, but like they flick their nose and it goes "boing" lol

And the sparks from the fingers. :lol: Thats what makes them so cool though. Some are so bad that they are cool. :P I had no idea so many people here liked this stuff. I thought it died along time ago.
ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ranger_waha
[QUOTE="deathmaster9000"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="deathmaster9000"][QUOTE="Mr_Buttman"]

noahcycle12

And the sparks from the fingers. :lol: Thats what makes them so cool though. Some are so bad that they are cool. :P I had no idea so many people here liked this stuff. I thought it died along time ago.

No way man, any movie which I can get 2 for a dollar is bound to be so bad it's good.
deathmaster9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deathmaster9000
[QUOTE="noahcycle12"][QUOTE="deathmaster9000"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="deathmaster9000"][QUOTE="Mr_Buttman"]

ranger_waha

No way man, any movie which I can get 2 for a dollar is bound to be so bad it's good.

lol, I have bought a lot of those martial arts movies, some are cheap, but some are very expensive (Saw a Bruce Lee Movie Selling for $60), but then again, I did buy a pack of 50 movies for $30 at best buy.
C-GHOST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 C-GHOST

Old Kung Fu flicks >>> Everyone

Wu-Tang has it's foundation in that stuff, and RZA uses clips from old Kung Fu flicks and samples stuff from some of them.

bugg333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bugg333
Member since 2006 • 3015 Posts
did you know wu-tang had their own kung fu fighting game on the ps1? i hve it.
nicklegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nicklegion
Member since 2006 • 545 Posts
I like old matial arts movies!!!
C-GHOST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 C-GHOST

did you know wu-tang had their own kung fu fighting game on the ps1? i hve it.bugg333

Yeah.  And while I may not own that game, I own like 3/4 of every CD from every core Wu-Tang member (some affiliates too, like Killah Priest and Sunz of Man), including all of GZA's cd's and all of Masta Killa's cd's.