jeffhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 jeffhardy141
Member since 2007 • 6151 Posts
Im talking about dynasty warriors 5 empires. And not online but like in a gamespot or gamecrazy. is there anywhere yout think theres best chance of buying it. I really want the game thank you for helping me.
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Bruneauinfo
Member since 2004 • 7777 Posts

yeah. and welcome to, or back to DWU. just look at Amazon, Game Stop, Google it!

Voork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Voork
Member since 2007 • 810 Posts
On the Xbox 360 its about 30$ at gamestop. On the Ps2 its probably 20.
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bruneauinfo
if you haven't played Empires before you're in for a great experience. even if you lose a battle keep playing. it's awsome.
harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 harden007
Member since 2004 • 6884 Posts
long time no see jeffhardy. good luck finding the game. I would look at gamestop first.
jeffhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jeffhardy141

Thanks guys for youre help. Quick question could you pick ANYONE to be youre genreals it would be cool to use Sun jian abd get help help from Sun Ce, Lu Meng, Guan Yu, and Zhou Yun

Voork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Voork
Member since 2007 • 810 Posts
You start out with 3 general's then you get moe after fighting and capturing them. So thats a yes
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bruneauinfo
the key is that it requires a bit of imagination on your part to fill in a story line for your campaign. just don't let the generic cutscenes deter you. it was intended that you make up the story as you go. one of my favorite things about the game is that if you lose a battle you don't necessarily lose the game. unless of course you let NPCs execute generals. but if you don't then you can lose a battle and lose your generals. and then fight the battles again later with a different general and win your generals back.
harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 harden007
the thing about that game that ruined it for me is that they changed the voice actor of Sun Jian, who is my fav character. It makes him a totally different person, the voice is totally different, the actor seemed bored when he did the voice, it was terrible.
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bruneauinfo
well Sun Jian dies off so early in the novel that when they did DW5 they were like, okay, the first chapter of his mousou will be based on history. the rest will be fiction. so it was probably hard for them to invest too much in the proper voice actor. or are you just saying the voice actor for both was changed? or are you saying the voice actor they use for DW6? cause if you're saying DW6 then lets list allll the voices that changed. cause that's a lot.
jeffhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jeffhardy141
well Sun Jian dies off so early in the novel that when they did DW5 they were like, okay, the first chapter of his mousou will be based on history. the rest will be fiction. so it was probably hard for them to invest too much in the proper voice actor. or are you just saying the voice actor for both was changed? or are you saying the voice actor they use for DW6? cause if you're saying DW6 then lets list allll the voices that changed. cause that's a lot.Bruneauinfo
Ye[ they sounded chinese but now they almost sound american
harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 harden007

[QUOTE="Bruneauinfo"]well Sun Jian dies off so early in the novel that when they did DW5 they were like, okay, the first chapter of his mousou will be based on history. the rest will be fiction. so it was probably hard for them to invest too much in the proper voice actor. or are you just saying the voice actor for both was changed? or are you saying the voice actor they use for DW6? cause if you're saying DW6 then lets list allll the voices that changed. cause that's a lot.jeffhardy141
Ye[ they sounded chinese but now they almost sound american

This is what I'm saying:

Sun Jian had the same guy do his voice in the following games:

Dynasty Warriors 4

Dynasty Warriors 4: XL

Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires

Dynasty Warriors 5

Dynasty Warriors 5: XL

They change the guy in DW5:Empires to someone that sux. I dont like that changes and so was bummed by DW5: Empires.

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bruneauinfo
ahh. well that's cool. i just created a character with an Asianized version of my name and gave him Zuo Ci's cards and then made characters for a ll my friends. then we took on DW. it was cool, and funny.
jeffhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jeffhardy141

i finally got te game and its awsome already played with 6 diffrent ppl. But i have a question how do you gt better weapon in empire mode? Its getting annoying just doing 4 moves in the whole mode...

Also why is it in those cutscnes after you win a battle taling about how youre winning..why is it always a lutienent (I call them volunteer officer) are always in the cutscnes.

And also lol the tiger of Jiang Dong must have a cold or runny nose....

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 harden007

i finally got te game and its awsome already played with 6 diffrent ppl. But i have a question how do you gt better weapon in empire mode? Its getting annoying just doing 4 moves in the whole mode...

Also why is it in those cutscnes after you win a battle taling about how youre winning..why is it always a lutienent (I call them volunteer officer) are always in the cutscnes.

jeffhardy141

that's why I dont play that game. the only reason in fact. they changed Sun Jian's voice actor to some a-hole who cant act his way out of a hat.

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bruneauinfo

jeffhardy141

what you have to understand is that you can mix and match any character in the game. so the cutscene is really just a measuring tool to tell you how things are going. as you get closer to winning the cutscenes will get a little different.

to get better weapons:

Officers' weapons are divided into three categories, "blade", "spear", and "weapon" (or other weapon). At the start, only the first, basic weapon for each officer is available; this has 4 attacks. Adding 100 points to a weapon type raises the level to 2 and makes the second weapons, with 5 attacks, available for all of your officers with that type. 200 points raises the level to 3 and provides the third weapons, with 6 attacks. 300/level 4 allows you to go for the fourth weapon (see below), and 400/level 5, the maximum, unlocks special rewards. Weapons can be of Light, Medium, or Heavy weight. Light weapons are fast but weak; Heavy weapons are the opposite. The default is always Medium.

Remember to *equip* your new weapons! The game will *not* warn you when you're about to head out with inferior hardware. Make a habit of selecting the "weapon" option in the pre-battle screen.

Winning a battle usually earns you enhancements to your current weapon, called "attributes". You can have up to 5 per weapon. If you add an attribute that you already have, it replaces the old one. The game will *not* warn you when you're about to replace a higher attribute with a lower one, so always pay attention! If you start a game with Experience off and you add attributes to your weapon, you have the option of replacing the officer save's attributes with them.

A weapon level of 5 will *occasionally* give you a power and/or weight attribute after victory. As with regular attributes, adding it replaces the old level.

Officers advance in level as they gain experience points. The level number *decreases* as they advance, starting from 16. Advancing a level results in stat gains, and (more importantly) the officer can command more troops:

16 - 2,000 10 - 7,000 4 - 13,000
15 - 2,500 9 - 8,000 3 - 14,000
14 - 3,200 8 - 9,000 2 - 15,000
13 - 4,000 7 - 10,000 1 - 17,000
12 - 5,000 6 - 11,000 MAX - 20,000
11 - 6,000 5 - 12,000

If experience is turned on, officer experience and levels will be saved at the end of the game (although you always start with weapon level 1 in everything and just the first weapon). Weapon attributes are always saved.

direct from Gamefaq
harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 harden007
Bruneau=Gamespot Gumshoe
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bruneauinfo

i just copied and pasted and gave gamefaq credit so as not to make it look like i figured that out on my own. :D

also a flashback to my technical support forum days with AMD forums.

jeffhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jeffhardy141

Another question

How do you make youre officers into commanders and startegists. I mean i only get one and thats almost when i counquered everyone. Is it possible to make whoever you want into a startegist or commander?

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bruneauinfo

Another question

How do you make youre officers into commanders and startegists. I mean i only get one and thats almost when i counquered everyone. Is it possible to make whoever you want into a startegist or commander?

jeffhardy141

i could be wrong, but i think that's pretty much out of your control. i'm guessing that it has to do with which characters you've been using for which battles and how you use them. if you continually use one of them that is not the ruler, then that one gets to be a commander. and the same time if you use one and carry out a lot of strategies then that one becomes a strategist. i don't have anything to back this up - however, it does follow some logic.

once you beat thegame once the characters that you win with that you played with and pumped up will retain their stats and their weapons you aquired. you still have to unlock their weapons each time you start over, but you have all of the ones still for each level as you unlock them. point being that as you manage to create several powered up officers over the course of several play throughs you will have characters from the get go that you can use as pivot men - so you can play with them more often rather than just your ruler.

also a warning on that Gamefaq that i quoted you - the guy who wrote that faq has a very - beat the game as quickly and efficiently as possible - mentality. i preferred playing the game with some built in challenges since playing any other way was just way too easy. case in point: i created a Lu Bu avatar and with her alone - NO OFFICERS or TROOPS - i could beat the game. so if your goal is justto win, stop screwing around with rules, techniques, and methods and get real. get Lu Bu and you win. just kill every officer that you capture and eventually they will all fall. plus, don't ever lose a battle.