I'm starting to believe the Yellow Scarves were radical Muslims....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

C-GHOST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 C-GHOST
Member since 2004 • 9789 Posts

This all started when I was thinking about how they keep talking about heaven and repenting, which are some elements of Christianity, and that I considered maybe they were some form of radical Christians on a crusade. But then I thought about this more, and realized they followed the "Way of Peace"...

Think about it, Islam means Way of Peace, they believe in a heaven with a creator, and they did attempt forced conversions in Asia and Africa historically. Europe too I think. Also, Islam is one of the biggest religions in Southern Asia, next to Buddhism. I'm thinking that in the book Islam was never said, either it was translated into Way of Peace, or that is what it was referred to as originally by the author.

So this leads me to believe that the Yellow Scarves were radical Chinese Muslims trying to convert the Taoists of China into their own religion. Anybody think this is logical?

pegasus_seiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 pegasus_seiya
Member since 2004 • 8025 Posts
We seriously need to kill on sight all religious fanatics.
noahcycle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 noahcycle12
Member since 2004 • 14304 Posts
Religion is fine. Standing up for what you believe in is an honorable trait. But the brainwashed, sick and twisted ways of the types of people that did 9-11 is seriously sick and messed up. They'll never stop it until they come to realize that their "religion" and "beliefs" totally and completely contradicted them selves. But my mind is more at ease knowing that they will pay dearly for their crimes in the after life. I wish I could be there to see them go, "But I'm supposed to have a bunch of women and live in paradise!" Wake up idiots!! Your beliefs are ten fold what Hitlers were. Even he would look at ya'll and go, "Damn they crazy."
pegasus_seiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pegasus_seiya
i bet you can sell them a dried up piece of **** and get them to think its cake.
robert_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 robert_15
Member since 2004 • 301 Posts

Religion is fine. Standing up for what you believe in is an honorable trait. But the brainwashed, sick and twisted ways of the types of people that did 9-11 is seriously sick and messed up. They'll never stop it until they come to realize that their "religion" and "beliefs" totally and completely contradicted them selves. But my mind is more at ease knowing that they will pay dearly for their crimes in the after life. I wish I could be there to see them go, "But I'm supposed to have a bunch of women and live in paradise!" Wake up idiots!! Your beliefs are ten fold what Hitlers were. Even he would look at ya'll and go, "Damn they crazy."noahcycle12

I completely agree with what you said.

taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 taisho_rolyat
Member since 2004 • 3105 Posts

This all started when I was thinking about how they keep talking about heaven and repenting, which are some elements of Christianity, and that I considered maybe they were some form of radical Christians on a crusade. But then I thought about this more, and realized they followed the "Way of Peace"...

Think about it, Islam means Way of Peace, they believe in a heaven with a creator, and they did attempt forced conversions in Asia and Africa historically. Europe too I think. Also, Islam is one of the biggest religions in Southern Asia, next to Buddhism. I'm thinking that in the book Islam was never said, either it was translated into Way of Peace, or that is what it was referred to as originally by the author.

So this leads me to believe that the Yellow Scarves were radical Chinese Muslims trying to convert the Taoists of China into their own religion. Anybody think this is logical?

C-GHOST

ZOMG! It's true!

Honestly, I don't think that Islam existed at the time of the Three Kingdoms, but I think it's possible that Luo Guangzhong just added the Muslims to the story for dramatic effect (Islam had reached China by time that Guangzhong wrote ROTTK).

That being said, I think it's more likely that a bunch of old cooks smoked too much opium, then decided to wrap yellow stuff around their heads and go kick some unrighteous ass.

C-GHOST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 C-GHOST
[QUOTE="C-GHOST"]

taisho_rolyat

ZOMG! It's true!

Honestly, I don't think that Islam existed at the time of the Three Kingdoms, but I think it's possible that Luo Guangzhong just added the Muslims to the story for dramatic effect (Islam had reached China by time that Guangzhong wrote ROTTK).

That being said, I think it's more likely that a bunch of old cooks smoked too much opium, then decided to wrap yellow stuff around their heads and go kick some unrighteous ass.

Haha, me and my friend came to the opium conclusion too when we did Zhang Jiao's musou mode... all I wanna know is WHO THE **** DID HIS VOICE!? They belong in some kinda Shakespeare, not a game about feudal China! It was the funniest musou though, followed closely by Xu Zhu's (I did his today with my friend, and he used Dian Wei.... the two retards of Wei!).

pegasus_seiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pegasus_seiya
[QUOTE="C-GHOST"]

taisho_rolyat

ZOMG! It's true!

that pretty much explains all religions. bunch of pot heads started trippin.
C-GHOST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 C-GHOST
Well...
taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 taisho_rolyat

Zhang Jiao: "Bring forth the age of the Yellow Turbans! Now excuse me while I kiss the sky..."

*Smoke on the Water plays*

Zhang Jiao: "Duuuuude! Looook! I'm doing magic!"

Zhang Bao: "Sweeeet!"

noahcycle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 noahcycle12

Zhang Jiao: "Bring forth the age of the Yellow Turbans! Now excuse me while I kiss the sky..."

taisho_rolyat

Zhang Bao: "You hungry?"

Zhang Jiao: "Yeah man. Lets go get some mmmee.......mmaaat.. Oh man. How do you say that again?"

Zhang Bao: *laughing* "Dude. Its MEAT buns."

Zhang Jiao: "Oh yeah. *chuckle* My bad."

Zhang Jiao: "Oh duuuude!! Wheres my horse?"

pegasus_seiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pegasus_seiya
[QUOTE="taisho_rolyat"]

noahcycle12

Zhang Jiao: "Yeah man. Lets go get some mmmee.......mmaaat.. Oh man. How do you say that again?"

LMAO that last line cracked me up.
taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 taisho_rolyat
[QUOTE="taisho_rolyat"]

noahcycle12

Zhang Bao: "Hey dude, look at my hands! They can touch everything but themselves..."

*puts hands together*

Zhang Jiao: "Whoah, man. Just- whoah."

Zhang Bao: "Hey, shut up for a second- I just figured out why we die! You see, man, the only reason we die, is because we accept it, as an inevitability!"

Zhang Jiao: "DUUUUUUDE! That's like- we should start a religion!"

Zhang Bao: "Yeah! And we could wear pink turbans, like this one!"

Zhang Jiao: "Dude, that's yellow."

Zhang Bao: "Even better!"

Zhang Jiao: "Hey, I get to be in charge, though."

Zhang Bao: "That's not fair."

Zhang Jiao: "Yeah it is."

Zhang Bao: "..............ok!"

JeffSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JeffSteel
Member since 2004 • 2989 Posts

Yeah, Zhang Jiao is one funny dude, thats why anyone would play as him. .................oh ok here goes!

Zhang Jiao: With these crops, we shall spread the WaaaAAaay of Peace to all the corners of the laaaaaAAAAAnndd!!!

Zhang Bao: Wow, what shall we call these marvelous crops?

Zhang Jiao: hhhhHHHHHMMMmmmm.......... We shall call them, marajuaaAAAAAAANAAAaaaaa!!!!

Zhang Bao: Yeah!!!

Auron_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Auron_22
Member since 2005 • 783 Posts

C-GHOST

No way! Islam is 1388 year old and The Three Kingdoms were 2000 years ago!

noahcycle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 noahcycle12

Zhang Bao: "Hey. You thinkin what Im thinkin?"

Zhang Jiao: "Yeah.............But if they called them "sad-meals", no one would buy them."

Zhang Jiao: " No man. Like,....what if D-O-G.....................really spelled cat?"

Zhang Bao: " Wooooohh. Thats heavy man."

samigarnett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 samigarnett
Member since 2004 • 1314 Posts

C-GHOST

The Way of Peace was never translated from Islam. The Way of Peace is a good 500 years older than Islam. Get your facts straight before you say things.

PS- The book of Islam is called the Quran.

taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 taisho_rolyat
[QUOTE="C-GHOST"]

samigarnett

The Way of Peace was never translated from Islam. The Way of Peace is a good 500 years older than Islam. Get your facts straight before you say things.

PS- The book of Islam is called the Quran.

He means that Islam means "Way of Peace" in Arabic, which is true. Also, next time you offer a correction, try to sound less condescending :wink:

TDD__C_Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TDD__C_Ghost
Member since 2004 • 1030 Posts
[This message was deleted at the request of board moderator or administrator]
samigarnett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 samigarnett
Islam means "Submission to God" not "The Way of Peace"
taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 taisho_rolyat
Islam means "Submission to God" not "The Way of Peace"samigarnett
Actually, I've heard both. Are you Muslim?
harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#22 harden007
Member since 2004 • 6884 Posts
[QUOTE="samigarnett"]Islam means "Submission to God" not "The Way of Peace"taisho_rolyat

Submission to God sounds right when you consider that the Muslims went on a war and conquering spree that lasted for hundreds of years
samigarnett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 samigarnett

[QUOTE="samigarnett"]Islam means "Submission to God" not "The Way of Peace"taisho_rolyat

Yes I am.

taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 taisho_rolyat

[QUOTE="taisho_rolyat"][QUOTE="samigarnett"]Islam means "Submission to God" not "The Way of Peace"samigarnett

Yes I am.

Cool. Where're you from?

samigarnett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 samigarnett
[QUOTE="samigarnett"]

[QUOTE="taisho_rolyat"][QUOTE="samigarnett"]Islam means "Submission to God" not "The Way of Peace"taisho_rolyat

Yes I am.

Cool. Where're you from?

Afghanistan

noahcycle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 noahcycle12
Hopefully youre here in the states and not over there?
samigarnett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 samigarnett

Hopefully youre here in the states and not over there?noahcycle12

Yes I'm here, but my dad's over there helping the military.

C-GHOST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 C-GHOST

[QUOTE="noahcycle12"]Hopefully youre here in the states and not over there?samigarnett

Cool, hope he's doin OK.

samigarnett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 samigarnett
[QUOTE="samigarnett"]

[QUOTE="noahcycle12"]Hopefully youre here in the states and not over there?C-GHOST

Cool, hope he's doin OK.

Yeah he's doing good, thanks. He calls a lot to let us know what he's up to. And about every 6-8 months he comes back to the US to visit us for about 2-3 weeks.

C-GHOST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 C-GHOST
[QUOTE="C-GHOST"][QUOTE="samigarnett"]

[QUOTE="noahcycle12"]Hopefully youre here in the states and not over there?samigarnett

Cool, hope he's doin OK.

Yeah he's doing good, thanks. He calls a lot to let us know what he's up to. And about every 6-8 months he comes back to the US to visit us for about 2-3 weeks.

So is he in a branch of the U.S. military, or a branch of the Afghanistan military?

samigarnett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 samigarnett
[QUOTE="samigarnett"][QUOTE="C-GHOST"][QUOTE="samigarnett"]

[QUOTE="noahcycle12"]Hopefully youre here in the states and not over there?C-GHOST

Cool, hope he's doin OK.

So is he in a branch of the U.S. military, or a branch of the Afghanistan military?

U.S. He is an interrogator.

noahcycle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 noahcycle12
[QUOTE="C-GHOST"][QUOTE="samigarnett"][QUOTE="C-GHOST"][QUOTE="samigarnett"]

Cool, hope he's doin OK.

:shock: I really thought you were gonna say "Interpreter." So because he can speak the language he helps in the questioning? Sounds interesting.

Auron_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Auron_22
My dad also helps the army in Afganastan he translates what Afgans say.
samigarnett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 samigarnett
[QUOTE="samigarnett"][QUOTE="C-GHOST"][QUOTE="samigarnett"][QUOTE="C-GHOST"][QUOTE="samigarnett"]

[QUOTE="noahcycle12"]Hopefully youre here in the states and not over there?noahcycle12

Cool, hope he's doin OK.

:shock: I really thought you were gonna say "Interpreter." So because he can speak the language he helps in the questioning? Sounds interesting.

Interpreter!!!! That's what I meant. He goes out on routes with the soilders and interperates what the natives are saying. Sorry about the confusion.

samigarnett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 samigarnett

My dad also helps the army in Afganastan he translates what Afgans say.Auron_22

Because we have the same dad!!!!!!:roll:

Auron_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Auron_22
lol I thought you wanted it to be a secret!
taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 taisho_rolyat

:o

teh drama!

JeffSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JeffSteel

Zoinks!! What revelation will occur next on Gamespot 90210?! And who else is hiding something from us all............

taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 taisho_rolyat
C-Ghost, I... am... YOUR FATHER!
samigarnett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 samigarnett
:shock: No way!!!
Auron_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Auron_22
What the hell you smoking !
ChINoStYLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ChINoStYLe
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts

What the hell you smoking !Auron_22

the good kind :lol:

Lu_Bu01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 Lu_Bu01
Member since 2005 • 13553 Posts
MEGA-BUMPAGE!!!
JeffSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JeffSteel
Now now, none of this laddy.
Lu_Bu01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 Lu_Bu01
Member since 2005 • 13553 Posts
Now now, none of this laddy.JeffSteel

comon jeff you know this is hardcore stuff
taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 taisho_rolyat
LuBu, bumping old crap that no one wants to talk about is a no-no. Back to the corner for you.
CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
Returned 18 June 2009 for the Golden Emperor from the Pirates of GameSpot.