mtkinsac2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 mtkinsac2
Member since 2005 • 1172 Posts

What you do is write a game idea along with the genre and the next user will rate it with this formula:

Originality: How original is the idea or premise of the game idea?

Setting: Does the setting interest you, or disturb you if it is a scary game?

Storyline: Is the storyline unique or well thought out?

Polish: Does the game idea fit together or is it thought of on the fly?

Potential: Does the game seem like it could be great or average?

(optional) Idea Review: Similar to a review, you give a description of what you thought of their idea and say it's ups and downs.

Then you post your own game idea.  I will start:

Name:  Not sure, can people help me think of one? 

Genre: Science Fiction First-Person Adventure Game (FPAG)

In the year 2009, weather has changed deeply and thunder storms become frequent.  Scientist believe it is because of dynamic changes in our polarity, but they soon find out what has happened.  On a normal day, a thunderstorm ensues and this time it is larger.  As the streets begin to empty, a deep earthquake radiates from thousands of streets all across the world.  You are a normal family man that was on his way to work and get caught straight in the middle of the street.  As the ground cracks, you get out of your car and walk to a sidewalk to get a better look at the oddity that you are seeing.  Suddenly a lightning bolt strikes the ground and the central of the street bursts into the air.  Debris and Dust clouds your vision and only a feint red circle catches your eye.  You step back as you hear screaming from across the street and see what lies behind the clouds of dust.  A beast bursts into the air nearing the size of at least 200 ft.  You sprint for your car, but it's building tall legs crush it under their heel as the beasts begins to walk towards the center square.  People scatter as it approaches but for many, it is useless.  It's head splits open and it's red eye glows and annihilates everything in it's path.  The civilians melt and their charred corpses litter the ground and the beast continues.  The game continues as you run from 2 more of these beasts and their blasts, just a couple feet away, blast you into a building and your vision fades.  You awaken to find three policeman by your side waking you up.  this is the beginning of a rebellion group.  As your group explores to find survivors, you are met by 10-foot, 3-legged metal-covered alien infantry.  The AI will not just focus on you, but truly seek out humans and capture or kill them.  Your group will grow more and more as you find more survivors and you will notice people despirately in search of any means to survive.  Many won't join you and these are the ones that will opt to hide from these beasts and to survive no matter if it means killing someone just for a vehicle or a gun.  This complex suvival AI will help to immerse you as they will actively react to you based upon their reaction to this attack.  Some will have been more ready and will open kindly to you, knowing that the only way to survive is to kill of these aliens, while others might have lost their whole family and will just try to survive this onslaught.  There will be many groups for you to join, each trying to achieve a different goal.  One group may be trying to find ways to survive elsewhere.  They don't want to attack the aliens, but will instead make a base underground, underwater, or in a deserted area already searched by the aliens.  Another group may want to attempt to just simply survive any way they can and will continually be on the move from these beasts.  For those that don't want a group, but would rather numbers and weapons, the army will be continually on the move to destroy these aliens.  If you choose a non-rebellious group, you won't have access to many guns and will have to improvise with objects that you can see.  What is different about this is that almost all objects can be combined with another to make a better weapon.  Gun doesn't have a scope?  Find tape and binoculars and your character will use one binocular lense and tape it to the top.  Need a crosshair on your new scope?  Find a marker somewhere and your character will draw a crosshair on the lense.  You do not have to join a group, but remember, if you are alone with a vehicle, people will want it.  Some may pull you out of it, but others may decide to kill you for it.  You will also see others get killed for things like guns and vehicles because these are the most important way to survive this attack.  The vehicles will give you a lot of mobility in escaping to safer or untouched rebellion cities fast and safely.  As time goes by in the game, the aliens will actively go through certain stages of invasion.  As they reach later stages of invasion, they will send in bigger enemies depending on the resistance and casulties caused by the humans.  Soon enough you will see alien vehicles and aircraft coming in to clear the place.  Everything in the world will be destructible in a realistic fashion and will fall apart based on physics, not scripted events.  If the aliens are pushed to their limits, you will see enemies scaling over mountains and motherships entering the atmosphere.  The motherships directly control the bigger enemies and if you get a chance to board them, you can attempt to destroy their controls or the mothership itself.  As you explore the motherships, you will see how those beasts ended up under the Earth and if you get your trajectory right, you could zap yourself into an underground rebellion city and escape the mothership's explosion before you're caught in it.  Every mothership destroyed will weaken the communications between the alien vessels and destroy some fraction of the vehicles that are invading your world. 

Now post a rating and your game idea!

Animefreak58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Animefreak58
Member since 2005 • 271 Posts

Originality: The base idea has been done before, but this one stands out a bit more.

Setting: The setting is good, and you described it well.

Storyline: It's obviously well thought out.

Polish: As I said there was obviously a lot of thought put into this.

Potential: Truthfully, it sounds like a killer app for the 360. It seems very epic.

Here's my idea. Alx and I have talked about this before and I think it has a lot of potential.

The base idea: A Pokemon MMO

Stop! Before you scroll past my post you must take into consideration that the Pokemon GBC and GBA games are better-than-decent RPG's and sell very well. My idea (it's not really originally mine, I'm just presenting the idea to you guys) is to basically create the entire Pokemon world. You start as a beginning trainer in the region of your choice, Kanto, Johto, or Hoehn (sp?) depending on which generation of Pokemon you want to catch. When you gain experience you can travel to the other land to -in lack of a better phrase- "Catch 'Em all". You start with one Pokemon of your choice, obviously no legendaries, and travel the world catching and battling to become the best. And yes, you can become the best. The Elite Four will literally be the best four trainers in the game, if one of them is inactive for too long then Nintendo (they own Pokemon) will find another suitable person. However, if you beat the Elite Four you do not become one of them. Every month a tournament for the people who beat the Elite Four is held and the four winners become the Elite Four for that month. Basically it's World of Warcraft meets Pokemon. It's a free-roaming world where you can interact with other fans as well as battle with them. Teams Rocket, Magma, and Aqua will also be included in the game although I'm unsure how exactly it will happen.

Alx, if there's anything I'm leaving out you can tell them. And I'd like to know if the rest of you are interested. In the Wii forums the discussion went on for dozens of pages. If you guys see enough conversation potential to make a thread let me know.

mtkinsac2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 mtkinsac2
Member since 2005 • 1172 Posts

Originality: The base idea has been done before, but this one stands out a bit more.

Potential: Truthfully, it sounds like a killer app for the 360. It seems very epic.

Here's my idea. Alx and I have talked about this before and I think it has a lot of potential.

Stop! Before you scroll past my post you must take into consideration that the Pokemon GBC and GBA games are better-than-decent RPG's and sell very well. My idea (it's not really originally mine, I'm just presenting the idea to you guys) is to basically create the entire Pokemon world. You start as a beginning trainer in the region of your choice, Kanto, Johto, or Hoehn (sp?) depending on which generation of Pokemon you want to catch. When you gain experience you can travel to the other land to -in lack of a better phrase- "Catch 'Em all". You start with one Pokemon of your choice, obviously no legendaries, and travel the world catching and battling to become the best. And yes, you can become the best. The Elite Four will literally be the best four trainers in the game, if one of them is inactive for too long then Nintendo (they own Pokemon) will find another suitable person. However, if you beat the Elite Four you do not become one of them. Every month a tournament for the people who beat the Elite Four is held and the four winners become the Elite Four for that month. Basically it's World of Warcraft meets Pokemon. It's a free-roaming world where you can interact with other fans as well as battle with them. Teams Rocket, Magma, and Aqua will also be included in the game although I'm unsure how exactly it will happen.

Alx, if there's anything I'm leaving out you can tell them. And I'd like to know if the rest of you are interested. In the Wii forums the discussion went on for dozens of pages. If you guys see enough conversation potential to make a thread let me know.

Animefreak58

hey, you want to hear the best part and funniest of my game idea?  I thought of it as I typed!  Sorry for telling everybody to think of their idea before typing and completely going against that, but I had to type something.

Animefreak58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Animefreak58
Member since 2005 • 271 Posts
[QUOTE="Animefreak58"]

mtkinsac2

hey, you want to hear the best part and funniest of my game idea?  I thought of it as I typed!  Sorry for telling everybody to think of their idea before typing and completely going against that, but I had to type something.

In any case it was good, I too find that I'm at my best when I just start and see where it takes me.

alx222000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 alx222000
Member since 2005 • 6180 Posts
There were a few more ideas for the Pokemon MMO in the thread, but you included all the major elements.

Interesting idea mtkinsac2.

Hmm, I have several ideas, which one.......

Okay, Wizards & Warlocks.

The Premise: In the present day, there is a society unknown to the public. It is a society of magic. They are not many but they exist. They fall into 2 categories: Wizards and Warlocks. Warlocks like to have fun by using their magic to frighten and endanger non-magical people and cause destruction, Wizards believe this is wrong and attempt to stop Warlocks from harming innocent people.

The game: At the start of the game, your character has just discovered they have magic. Now you decide which path to follow, Wizard or Warlock. Both types have the same abilities, it is just how you choose to use them. Your character starts the game on the farm they have been living in. So for a start there won't be any other people, just animals, so you would start with them (Tutorial?). After you have had enough of the livestock you will visit neighboring farms, and gradually you will move to towns and then cities.

As a Warlock: Your mission is to scare people. This can be achieved in a number of ways. To start with you will be trying to scare an individual. You could enter someone's home, turn invisible, then start moving small objects around the person like, pull their chair away as they try to sit down, make a coffee mug float in front of them, turn the TV on and off, etc. If you're bold you could appear before them and start throwing fireballs and watch as they run like a headless chicken.
As you move to bigger areas, you can scare more people. On the streets you could move objects in dark alleyways to cause sounds that will startle pedestrians, create the illusion of a child running suddenly onto the street in front of a car to cause a traffic accident, etc. If you are getting powerful, you may decide to cause disasters like earthquakes and lightning storms, or just blow up buildings with your fireballs, the point being to cause a panic.
And while you're having all this fun, you must always be on guard for the Wizards, who will try to stop and imprison you. Also, at some points in the game you may run across other Warlocks, when this happens you will usually end up trying to kill one another, "The world isn't big enough for the both of us" or something like that.

As a Wizard: Your mission is to hunt down and capture Warlocks and repair any damage they have caused.To hunt for a Warlock, you simply move around until you sense magic being used, then you figure out who is using the magic and tell them to stop doing it. Of course they aren't going to listen to you and they will either flee or start hurling fireballs at you. If they flee you must chase them and hit them with a "bind" spell, but they don't always flee by simply running on the ground, sometimes they will fly away or run up the wall of a building, some might start jumping and bouncing off buildings, some might teleport short distances repeatedly. If they try to fight, you have to fight back, weaken them and then use the "bind" spell to capture them.
As for repairing the damage done, when dealing with individuals that have been frightened by a Warlock, you could put them to sleep, or hypnotise them to forget, or even just sit them down, make coffee and TALK to them. If a fire has started, apply water. If someone is trapped under a fallen building, pretend to lift the debris by hand while levitating the building by magic. Etc.
In some towns you may meet other Wizards, you can then team up to capture the Warlocks. When you move to cities, you will find groups of wizards who are organised to handle the larger problems created by the Warlocks in high population areas.

There would be multiplayer modes, co-operative as Wizards, competing for high-scores as Warlocks, or capture with a Wizard and a Warlock.

The environments should be realistic, and fully interactive/destructible.
Non-magical people should act realistically, nervous but curious if they don't understand what's happening, terrified if they see a huge tidal-wave heading in their direction.