alx222000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 alx222000
Member since 2005 • 6180 Posts

So, I got the message today. October 11. In less than one week, unions will be out.

Now, we do have the option of converting into a regular board, with no specially abilities. And it can only be accessed by direct links or search.

So, I could have it kept, to at least preserve what's here as a quantum of internet history, and somewhat more of our history, if not to be used because we refuse to die. Or, I could let this board disappear, with the hope that I am able to arrange an alternative place to occasionally say hello. I don't know

Well, I was going to do a sappy speech :cry: (might have even been a video :o ) about how proud I am to have built this little home on the internet, and how glad I am to have met so many great people, both those still here and those lost to reality, and how you guys all probably helped me stay sane while I got on with a stressful first job. Seriously, most tax returns aren't hard, but there's a weight of responsibility in doing them. Ugh.

But anyway, not much time to sort out all the thoughts coherantly, so just a little 5-minute rant :) And I'll end by saying that, I don't really consider much in my life to be worth calling an achievement, cos why not be hard to please, but I think that this, creating a place, getting people together, even just a few, and keeping them glued together for, what? two? three solid years? I think that that might just be an important achievement for me. Small, maybe, well, compared to what my ego reckons I can do anyway. Small, but important.

Thank you all, Thank you all for being a part of my life. Even if you are just text on the internet.

Alright. Tired. Time to go and sleep on it.

Heh, wonder if anyone will see this by the deadline.

dgwutka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 dgwutka
Member since 2004 • 15331 Posts

I wasn't aware this existed until just now. Just in case you were wondering.

LordAbyssion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 LordAbyssion
Member since 2005 • 11247 Posts

Now this I may be a bit late for.