Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 uas-2001
Member since 2005 • 18781 Posts

New Leader Candidates

Welcome to the New Leader Candidates thread. As you may have already deducted from the title of this thread, I'm looking for a member of this union to take on the role of Leader of the Council of Unions. Leadership has been passed through many hands at this union, from Hendrix29 to Lazdude, it worked its way through members such as siberian142 and finally I somehow got landed the job.

The thing is, this place needs a leader who can focus a lot of attention to the union. I myself am leader of three unions including this one, and to be totally honest; it really is too much for me to keep track of. It's almost impossible to keep all three union running properly with high levels of activity when unions have such as draught of activity these days. I would rather focus my energy on one union and have a singular high-quality union, than my time spread of thinnly between multiple unions. This union once experienced high levels of activity with a vast variety of union leaders and members. I hope to have that sort of variety and activity back here with the promotion of a new leader.

If you like to apply for the leadership position, please fill out the form below:

uas-2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 uas-2001

Application Form

1) When Did You Join The Council of Unions?

e.g. June 23, 2007
2) Do You Have Leadership Experience?

Yes/No
i)If so, at what union(s) and for how long?

e.g. Ultimate Gaming Union - 4 Years
3) Comment:

You might want to explain why you would be a good candidate and what you would do to improve the union

Notes

Be prepared to answer further questions, this is especially likely if you have only just joined the union or lack leadership experience.

uas-2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 uas-2001

The Candidates

siberian142

"I may not have been the greatest leader this union ever had, but I believe that was because I was premature. I had ideas, but I was too quick too implement them. I believe that I would be able to do a better job now than I could before and if chosen, I would like to continue on with some of the ideas that I had before, along with some others. While I can't promise anything, I've always had a soft spot for the Council of Unions and would give forth my best in an attempt at leading this union."

michaelP4

"I think I would be a good candidate because of my experience. I've been a member of GameSpot since November 6, 2004. I was an officer at Super Sayians United, which was one of GameSpot's highest levelled unions (again, that union now no longer exists, but it was a successful union for years and was very active. You can PM dbz345, who was the leader of it, if you need confirmation on that - I was his longest serving officer and was a trusted adviser of his. Currently, I'm an officer at The HeadCrab Union, which used to be one of GameSpot's largest and most successful unions. I am also a GameSpot Ranger, helping out on the various support boards around the site. I'm a member of a few unions, and I would have plenty of time to dedicate to leading this union, if I became the leader.

"If I did become the leader, I would modernise the union. I would keep it open to everyone, but I would make an emphasis on it being a union for union leaders, and I would quite like to see it being a central place for discussion amongst union leaders, as if it was actually a council. With there being a revival in the debate for union reforms, I'd be interested in bringing union leaders together to discuss the topic and put forward their ideas. I would also quite like to include features such as monthly interviews with union leaders across GameSpot and hold occasional discussions on the state of unions on GameSpot.

"I may be new to the union, but by no means am I new to unions or GameSpot. I've seen many unions created, and many failing, while some succeed. I take a great interest in unions as a whole and this is shown by my past, present and hopefully future participation in them. I joined this union believing it can be successfully relaunched, and if I was chosen as leader, I would be fully committed to getting the union back together and aim for it to be a respectable union of GameSpot."

Notes

Full applications can be found in posts below.

siberian142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 siberian142
Member since 2007 • 7774 Posts
1) When Did You Join The Council of Unions? Technically, July 17, 2011, but I was an active member sometime in 2008 I believe. 2) Do You Have Leadership Experience? I've lead a few unions in the past, but not a whole lot were successful. I lead this union for a few months, but not sure about the exact time I spent as leader. i)If so, at what union(s) and for how long? Council of Unions - Few months. 3)

3)Comment: I may not have been the greatest leader this union ever had, but I believe that was because I was premature. I had ideas, but I was too quick too implement them. I believe that I would be able to do a better job now than I could before and if chosen, I would like to continue on with some of the ideas that I had before, along with some others. While I can't promise anything, I've always had a soft spot for the Council of Unions and would give forth my best in an attempt at leading this union.
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 julian_jr
Member since 2007 • 83416 Posts
Can people nominate others?
uas-2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 uas-2001

Can people nominate others?julian_jr

You can, but that person would actually have to come forward and apply himself for it to have any effect. I'll notify anybody who is nominated by anybody else about the nomination.

Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Artekus
Member since 2008 • 15700 Posts
I guess I'll nominate Sentinelrv.
uas-2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 uas-2001

I guess I'll nominate Sentinelrv.Artekus

He has already declined an offer of leadership

Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Artekus

[QUOTE="Artekus"]I guess I'll nominate Sentinelrv.uas-2001

Ah... 

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 julian_jr
Artekus, out of curiosity how busy are you normally on GS with your mod duties? If you're not too busy then I nominate you.
Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Artekus
Perhaps I could apply... Why do you think I'd be good for the job?
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
1) When Did You Join The Council of Unions? I joined on Jun 16, 2011. I have occasionally visited the union in the past, as a non-member though. 2) Do You Have Leadership Experience? Yes i)If so, at what union(s) and for how long? The Dragon World - 1-2 Years The Site Enhancements Union - 1 month or so The above unions though no longer exist, but you can PM dbz345 for confirmation on them. He was an officer of both. 3) Comment: I think I would be a good candidate because of my experience. I've been a member of GameSpot since November 6, 2004. I was an officer at Super Sayians United, which was one of GameSpot's highest levelled unions (again, that union now no longer exists, but it was a successful union for years and was very active. You can PM dbz345, who was the leader of it, if you need confirmation on that - I was his longest serving officer and was a trusted adviser of his. Currently, I'm an officer at The HeadCrab Union, which used to be one of GameSpot's largest and most successful unions. I am also a GameSpot Ranger, helping out on the various support boards around the site. I'm a member of a few unions, and I would have plenty of time to dedicate to leading this union, if I became the leader. If I did become the leader, I would modernise the union. I would keep it open to everyone, but I would make an emphasis on it being a union for union leaders, and I would quite like to see it being a central place for discussion amongst union leaders, as if it was actually a council. With there being a revival in the debate for union reforms, I'd be interested in bringing union leaders together to discuss the topic and put forward their ideas. I would also quite like to include features such as monthly interviews with union leaders across GameSpot and hold occasional discussions on the state of unions on GameSpot. I may be new to the union, but by no means am I new to unions or GameSpot. I've seen many unions created, and many failing, while some succeed. I take a great interest in unions as a whole and this is shown by my past, present and hopefully future participation in them. I joined this union believing it can be successfully relaunched, and if I was chosen as leader, I would be fully committed to getting the union back together and aim for it to be a respectable union of GameSpot.
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 julian_jr
Perhaps I could apply... Why do you think I'd be good for the job?Artekus
There's several: -You've witnessed older unions -As a mod you can probably contact admins easier -You could raise popularity for the place -GS mods are active users on GS (with the exception of one that disappeared) so no worries on the leader disappearing -You could probably spread the word on events to other unions pretty quickly.
Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Artekus

[QUOTE="Artekus"]Perhaps I could apply... Why do you think I'd be good for the job?julian_jr
There's several: -You've witnessed older unions -As a mod you can probably contact admins easier -You could raise popularity for the place -GS mods are active users on GS (with the exception of one that disappeared) so no worries on the leader disappearing -You could probably spread the word on events to other unions pretty quickly.

After some consideration I've decided to pass. I'll just help out the new leader in what ways I can. 

Sentinelrv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sentinelrv
Member since 2002 • 23386 Posts

[QUOTE="Artekus"]I guess I'll nominate Sentinelrv.uas-2001

Yeah, sorry again about not being able to help you out here. I just don't have the amount of time available it would take me to do anything with the union.

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 julian_jr

[QUOTE="julian_jr"][QUOTE="Artekus"]Perhaps I could apply... Why do you think I'd be good for the job?Artekus

After some consideration I've decided to pass. I'll just help out the new leader in what ways I can. 

Fair enough, it's your choice.;)
uas-2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 uas-2001
[QUOTE="uas-2001"]

[QUOTE="Artekus"]I guess I'll nominate Sentinelrv.Sentinelrv

Yeah, sorry again about not being able to help you out here. I just don't have the amount of time available it would take me to do anything with the union.

It's fine no worries.

Just to let everybody know if didn't already read it in the telegram. 

Deadline is 25 June 2011 (Saturday)

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 julian_jr
How long is this going to last? It would be good to close things up before it gets dull.
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 michaelP4
I presume the new leader will be appointed on Saturday by uas. Or, that could be the beginning of a leadership election.
uas-2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 uas-2001

How long is this going to last? It would be good to close things up before it gets dull.julian_jr

Til Saturday. I was hoping to get more people applying but it doesn't seem that way. Still, I think it's best we leave it open in case there may be members considering applying

uas-2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 uas-2001

michaelP4:Declined

siberian142:Accepted

First off, I would like to say that this was a really difficult decision. On one hand I had a person who could offer something fresh to the union. A new take on how the union was ran and maybe change things up a little bit. But on the other, there was siberian; when he was leader he did indeed have many ideas that were creative and innovative. Leader of the Month and Union Emblem Profiles were just two of the ideas that came about under his leadership whilst also continuing the Leader Interviews, which always provided an interesting read. After reading the applications, michaelP4 did seem to have a strong case, but I had to promote siberian rather than michael as I do believe after his experience with the union he can now implement those ideas fully.

Congratulations!

Avatar image for papermariofan57
papermariofan57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 papermariofan57
Member since 2008 • 121960 Posts
Welcome back as a leader, siberian142!
siberian142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 siberian142
Member since 2007 • 7774 Posts
Thanks Uas! I'll do my best to give this place a proper revival.
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 michaelP4
Congrats! Surprised there weren't more candidates other than us though. Either way, even for that reason alone, I'm glad I applied - made things interesting! I honestly wasn't sure if I would win or not. Regardless, I look forward to seeing this union relaunched! I'm confident that siberian will make a great leader! ;)
lancelot200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lancelot200
Member since 2005 • 61977 Posts

And so the leader is chosen.

Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points