How Many Unions Do You Actively Participate In?

uas-2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 uas-2001
Member since 2005 • 18781 Posts
What unions do we all post in? Do we loyal to one union or spread our posts about on numerous unions? I'm interested in finding out...
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 julian_jr
Member since 2007 • 83416 Posts
I'd say 90% of my time on Gamespot I'm at the Social Cafe Union. The only other unions I participate in or at least check frequently are this union, Mass Designers Lounge, and the Sports Game board (not a union but close enough).
Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Artekus
Member since 2008 • 15700 Posts

The UGU has always been my favoured union. I also visit here and The Elder Scrolls Elite now and then.

I've pretty much given up on my own union. 

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 julian_jr

The UGU has always been my favoured union. I also visit here and The Elder Scrolls Elite now and then.

Artekus
Why did you give up on it? You should never give up on your own union! :o Also how TESE? They were the rival back when I was a part of TESFU however now that TESFU fell into the wrong hands and will remain dead until someone fixes it, I've considered searching for a new TES union.
lancelot200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lancelot200
Member since 2005 • 61977 Posts
I'm only active in two unions.
siberian142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 siberian142
Member since 2007 • 7774 Posts
Final Fantasy Experience is one of the few unions I still actively participate in. I am pretty particular when it comes to posting, so it's difficult to remain a active member in multiple unions.
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MuddyMaestro
Member since 2009 • 10351 Posts
Gosh, I'm active in a lot of unions, although my activity across different unions vary. As of right now I'm a member of 21 unions, and at least eighteen of them I've at least checked the board this week. It's a bit easier for me to do that, since I'm not a member of many unions with high activity. Many unions I'm a part of you usually see less than ten posts on the board in a day, and I like it that way since I typically read most unread messages, and have every thread in the red before leaving the board. Even though they are slow, they still have concrete activity from a few committed users. Also, I'm not much of one for carrying out a discussion in real time, and in these unions with lower activity that is possible. And since I'm a pretty major lurker, I very often will read messages and not even post a response. The unions I'm most committed to right now are All-Out Pokemon, Organization KH, and Platformer Paradise (essentially the ones in which I have status higher than recruit), and those are more active than most other unions I'm a part of.
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 julian_jr
@Mudkip: We're pretty much opposites then. :P I prefer being a part of just 1-2 super active unions rather than many slow unions. I don't even have all red in my own union ever, and love being able to see green each time I decide to come back later in the day.
Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Artekus
[QUOTE="Artekus"]

julian_jr

Why did you give up on it? You should never give up on your own union! :o Also how TESE? They were the rival back when I was a part of TESFU however now that TESFU fell into the wrong hands and will remain dead until someone fixes it, I've considered searching for a new TES union.

I gave up on my own  union due to the generally inconsistent posters no matter what I did to try to make things active. And my officer team weren't exactly amazing either.

Yeah, I'd recommend TESE. It's probably the best TES union on GS since TESFU died.  

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 julian_jr
How popular is the game? If you want I could possibly stop by, see what's potentially turning away new members, and PM you a list of issues that I see (warning: it'll be brutally honest). I ended up joining them. TESFU fell into the wrong hands somehow and has no hope of ever being revived with the current leader it has. Shame since it was my first union and what got me started in Gamespot.
Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Artekus

How popular is the game? If you want I could possibly stop by, see what's potentially turning away new members, and PM you a list of issues that I see (warning: it'll be brutally honest)..julian_jr

The first game is a bit of a cult classic while the second game was released little over a month ago to universal acclaim. It's not the first union I've led so I don't think the problem is me, I founded and led TRTS successfully for 2 years, after I resigned from there the place slowly fell apart. I think the problem is my officer team, the leader may be the brain behind a union but the officers are the backbone.

Feel free to have a look and PM me your opinions. 

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 julian_jr
I'll give it a look sometime today and tell you. Just one thing however, I can't view you profile since it's set to private.
Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Artekus

I'll give it a look sometime today and tell you. Just one thing however, I can't view you profile since it's set to private.julian_jr

Are you looking for a link to it?

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/unions/home.php?union_id=Witcher 

Giratina617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 Giratina617
Member since 2009 • 4222 Posts
Im active in a few unions, mainly the All-Out Pokemon Union and the Best of Gamespot union at the moment, although Ive been joining a few unions that have caught my eye latley. and Im like MM30 as in Id rather be in a handful of fairly slow unions that one or two superactive unions.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#15 mariostar0001
Member since 2009 • 46245 Posts
12, 13 if you count this one.
lancelot200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lancelot200
Member since 2005 • 61977 Posts
12, 13 if you count this one.mariostar0001
If you count this one then you must have a liberal definition of actively participate.
uas-2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 uas-2001
Member since 2005 • 18781 Posts
^Lol, indeed :P
Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Artekus
I'll add my new union to those I'm active in.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#19 mariostar0001
Member since 2009 • 46245 Posts
[QUOTE="mariostar0001"]12, 13 if you count this one.lancelot200
If you count this one then you must have a liberal definition of actively participate.

At the time, I expected to actively participate. But I forgot to link the place, and if I don't do that, I rarely come back. :P
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MuddyMaestro
Member since 2009 • 10351 Posts

[QUOTE="lancelot200"][QUOTE="mariostar0001"]12, 13 if you count this one.mariostar0001

At the time, I expected to actively participate. But I forgot to link the place, and if I don't do that, I rarely come back. :P

I'm the same way, especially in unions which I'm not interested in joining right at the start, but have open forums. The trade-off is, I don't know how many times I've helped a union get started, and after the leader realizes I had been posting without being a member, they close it off to force such people to be members to post. In those cases, it's their loss, because I'm not coming back.

It's also sometimes fun to go back to unions you had been part of back in the day, and see random level 1 users who made posts years after the unions died. :lol: 

NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts
About 3 or 4 now.
GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 GamerofMario1
Member since 2008 • 12972 Posts

I'm a leader of one union, which I am most active in. I am an officer in three other unions, but I post in only one of them since the other two are dead. I post here and in a few other unions where I am a recruit regularly. So, that's about 5 unions.

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 maniamsmart
Member since 2006 • 12069 Posts

They are as follows: 

The Social Network Union - Leader
Final Fantasy Fans Union - Officer
Costa Del Sol - Officer
FFFU Beta Testing Place - Officer
The Emblems Union (GS Achievements) - Recruit
The Moderator Collective - Recruit
Gamespot Gamespace Banner Union - Recruit
Mass Designers Lounge - Recruit
Top 25 Gamespot Statistics - Recruit
The Council Of Unions - Recruit

So 10 :D 

johngrose77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 johngrose77
Member since 2008 • 2978 Posts
These are the ones I participate in: Silent Hill House of Horrors union- I established it:) and am leader Final Fantasy Experience- I am an officer Knights of Hyrule- I am an officer The Emblems Union (GS Achievements) - Recruit Gamespot Gamespace Banner Union - Recruit the Council Of Unions - Recruit Kingdom Hearts Experience- I am trying to revive it. I( am a recruit These are it for now...
NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts
My activity is minimal now-a-days.