Unions are finally back.

#1 Edited by TAMKFan (32704 posts) -

It's about time, isn't it? I'm glad to see SCU again. Now hopefully, we can get some activity here again. How has everyone been since the unions have been on a two month hiatus? Will you stick around now that the unions are at least back?

#2 Edited by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

Nope, there's no motivation to even bring me here anymore, the changes don't help and now being off this site for a while was the best thing to happen for me, it's for the best to stop being here soon and live a life without this site starting in 2014. You know something is wrong with this site when not even "unions"(I don't call them unions, just "unions") can save it, ROFL.

#3 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -

not even unions either they are "union boards" now. though "saving" gamespot with them will not happen instantly. it will take a lot of time.

#4 Edited by GerardoExber (79 posts) -

Awesome :) Still, many users have left already and the remaining ones aren't really happy with Gamespot either :(

#5 Posted by PiscesChick93 (10687 posts) -

Good stuff! Though to be honest I think it's too far gone for it to get the same level of activity it once had. I don't know if mega and Toph still come on the site for instance, but I don't think they do.

#6 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -

I have an idea for increasing activity. help support this thread.

#7 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -
#8 Posted by harry_james_pot (10144 posts) -

It's about time! :D I missed you guys!

Although my activity decreased a bit in the past 2 months, I was still around. Nothing can make me leave this site. :P

#9 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

not even unions either they are "union boards" now. though "saving" gamespot with them will not happen instantly. it will take a lot of time.

By the time it's "saved" I would had forgotten about this site anyways, lol.

#10 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -

@mitu123 said:

@leon2365 said:

By the time it's "saved" I would had forgotten about this site anyways, lol.

well good luck wherever you go then. ill stick around and help get things back on tracks.

#11 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69063 posts) -

it's about damn time!

#13 Posted by SteveN (570 posts) -

One more test.

#14 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -

I had patience. and I said it would happen eventually. now here we are. though still with its bugs and glitches.

#16 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69063 posts) -

I really hope they fix these glitches

#17 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -

they will. though it will take some time.

#18 Posted by SteveN (570 posts) -

Final post, best post.

#19 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -

for now.

#20 Edited by CrimsonBrute (23080 posts) -

This goes to show that GS Staff will eventually get to all the problems.

#21 Posted by TAMKFan (32704 posts) -

Wow, now I can finally enter this thread. I kept getting errors when I tried it before. But yeah, unions were gone for too long, which may hurt the activity here, but at least they are just back now.

#22 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -

its what I've been saying since day one of the re-design.

#23 Posted by super600 (29963 posts) -
@leon2365 said:

@f22_king_raptor said:

its what I've been saying since day one of the re-design.

I also thought that to.I hope all the problems with this site design are eventually fixed.

#24 Edited by leon2365 (13050 posts) -

they will. we just need patience.

#25 Posted by HeroClixFan88 (32 posts) -

who gives two fucks? not this person.

#26 Edited by leon2365 (13050 posts) -

good for you. hopefully you don't rant like most other people.

#27 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -

Kind of a shame after so many years were put into this place what happened. Still, the fact that it was one of the few boards to remain is nice. Unions were an amazing website feature that truly made gamespot unique, but forums are not what generates income for CBS or gamespot.

#28 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69063 posts) -

@julian_jr: my union was pretty much dead after the change. I kept that thing alive for 8 years

#29 Posted by TAMKFan (32704 posts) -

Kind of a shame after so many years were put into this place what happened. Still, the fact that it was one of the few boards to remain is nice. Unions were an amazing website feature that truly made gamespot unique, but forums are not what generates income for CBS or gamespot.

Was this the first time you heard about the new site?

#30 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69063 posts) -
#31 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (23812 posts) -

I'd wish they'd bring the actual unions back.

#32 Posted by TAMKFan (32704 posts) -

Same here. Maybe they will sometime. I don't see it happening anytime soon though.

#33 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69063 posts) -

I'd wish they'd bring the actual unions back.

i seriously doubt that is going to happen

#34 Posted by TAMKFan (32704 posts) -

The unions as they are now needs more promotion or something. I don't think everyone still knows they're back.