The ToU Has Changed Again.

• 186 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for jediknight52501
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#51 jediknight52501
Member since 2005 • 69715 Posts
i barely post there.
Noteldnep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Noteldnep
Member since 2005 • 20170 Posts

Another thing that concerns me, and I have mentioned this at a few other unions too, is that the Level 21 restriction to posting in After Hours really isn't keeping underage people out (which I assume is the reason for that considering it's pretty much a sex talk forum) due to the fact that many users under 18 on this site are likely past that Level. I guess the decision is up to them to decide whether or not they are mature enough to partake in those discussions. Sadly some people aren't even mature enough to think about that.

Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Kelayr
Member since 2005 • 61857 Posts

Another thing that concerns me, and I have mentioned this at a few other unions too, is that the Level 21 restriction to posting in After Hours really isn't keeping underage people out (which I assume is the reason for that considering it's pretty much a sex talk forum) due to the fact that many users under 18 on this site are likely past that Level. I guess the decision is up to them to decide whether or not they are mature enough to partake in those discussions. Sadly some people aren't even mature enough to think about that.

Noteldnep
How else could they have done it? The level restriction is better than nothing. And the level restriction is merely for creating threads, mind. Anyone can post in the threads there.
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#54 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
Who here has seen this thread? Seriously, I think the best solution is to just keep one OT, but go back to the old ToU (while still allow "Hot Chick" threads and sexually suggestive images). Why allow flaming and trolling anyway?
Noteldnep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Noteldnep
How else could they have done it? The level restriction is better than nothing. And the level restriction is merely for creating threads, mind. Anyone can post in the threads there.silentexistence
Well, they do have a system on this site to where only GS subscribers can post in the subscriber forum so I'm pretty sure something similar to that (like going off of the birth date you entered when you joined) could have been done with the After Hours.
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Kelayr
Well, they do have a system on this site to where only GS subscribers can post in the subscriber forum so I'm pretty sure something similar to that (like going off of the birth date you entered when you joined) could have been done with the After Hours.Noteldnep
The problem is of course that dates of birth can be falsified, but the same can't be said for levels. In any case, I doubt it's the case that After Hours is only for sex-related discussion since it's just a place that allows censor bypassing, flaming, trolling, etc. As a result, I can see the level restriction only being there to prohibit low level alts from creating stupid or offensive threads; I don't think it's like an age restriction or anything like that.
Noteldnep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Noteldnep
The problem is of course that dates of birth can be falsified, but the same can't be said for levels. In any case, I doubt it's the case that After Hours is only for sex-related discussion since it's just a place that allows censor bypassing, flaming, trolling, etc. As a result, I can see the level restriction only being there to prohibit low level alts from creating stupid or offensive threads; I don't think it's like an age restriction or anything like that.silentexistence
That could be. It's just that when I went by to look at that forum earlier, almost all of the topics were sex related and that brought up my concerns.
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Kelayr
That could be. It's just that when I went by to look at that forum earlier, almost all of the topics were sex related and that brought up my concerns.Noteldnep
I was tickled pink when I saw all those threads there initially I admit. :lol:
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 jediknight52501
Who here has seen this thread? Seriously, I think the best solution is to just keep one OT, but go back to the old ToU (while still allow "Hot Chick" threads and sexually suggestive images). Why allow flaming and trolling anyway?TAMKFan
i wish that would happen. make this site a better place to post at.
koolkat14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 koolkat14
Member since 2009 • 10428 Posts
Sorry to sound dumb and ignorant but when the heck did they made another OT forum?
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Kelayr
Sorry to sound dumb and ignorant but when the heck did they made another OT forum?koolkat14
It just opened this morning (our time). Here's a link if you can't find it.
koolkat14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 koolkat14
Member since 2009 • 10428 Posts
[QUOTE="koolkat14"]Sorry to sound dumb and ignorant but when the heck did they made another OT forum?silentexistence
It just opened this morning (our time). Here's a link if you can't find it.

It's kind of hard to find it though. Also, for what reason did they make another OT forum? :?
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Kelayr
It's kind of hard to find it though. Also, for what reason did they make another OT forum? :?koolkat14
To appease people who didn't like how OT basically went to the trolls with the new TOU. Now After Hours is the place for that (trolling, flaming, censor bypassing) while the original OT has become a more controlled board once again. After Hours definitely came as a surprise though... no one was expecting it.
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
[QUOTE="koolkat14"]It's kind of hard to find it though. Also, for what reason did they make another OT forum? :?silentexistence
To appease people who didn't like how OT basically went to the trolls with the new TOU. Now After Hours is the place for that (trolling, flaming, censor bypassing) while the original OT has become a more controlled board once again. After Hours definitely came as a surprise though... no one was expecting it.

I guess that's good, right?
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Noteldnep
It is only for making threads, not posting htere.
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Kelayr
I guess that's good, right?2ndWonder
I think it's a lot better than just having OT under the new TOU. Really, you can't have everything... people should be happy with the fact that the rules for OT have pretty much reverted to their old state.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 horgen  Moderator
They are more lenient than before, but stricter than the madness they let loose these last few months.
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Kelayr
They are more lenient than before, but stricter than the madness they let loose these last few months. horgen123
That's definitely a good thing.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 horgen  Moderator
[QUOTE="horgen123"]They are more lenient than before, but stricter than the madness they let loose these last few months. silentexistence
That's definitely a good thing.

Yeah. I think they are right where I wanted them :D
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Kelayr
Yeah. I think they are right where I wanted them :D horgen123
I'll probably see you posting more in OT then. :P
Noteldnep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Noteldnep

It is only for making threads, not posting htere. horgen123

Yeah, I haven't posted there yet so I didn't know that at the time I made that post. I guess we'll see how this goes. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 TAMKFan
[QUOTE="silentexistence"][QUOTE="koolkat14"]It's kind of hard to find it though. Also, for what reason did they make another OT forum? :?2ndWonder

I guess that's good, right?

Well, it turns out that censor bypass is still allowed in OT. I don't think it should be though. I mean, if they aren't going to allow sexually suggestive content, then they may as well not allow those swear words either. Still better than nothing though.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 horgen  Moderator
[QUOTE="horgen123"]Yeah. I think they are right where I wanted them :D silentexistence
I'll probably see you posting more in OT then. :P

Maybe... If it isn't dead though
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Kelayr
Maybe... If it isn't dead thoughhorgen123
It shouldn't be. Is AP still there?
Princess-peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75 Princess-peach
Member since 2006 • 62385 Posts
I really don't care :P
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 horgen  Moderator
[QUOTE="horgen123"]Maybe... If it isn't dead thoughsilentexistence
It shouldn't be. Is AP still there?

I kinda hope so.
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
[QUOTE="2ndWonder"]I guess that's good, right?silentexistence
I think it's a lot better than just having OT under the new TOU. Really, you can't have everything... people should be happy with the fact that the rules for OT have pretty much reverted to their old state.

People will never be happy. :P
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 horgen  Moderator
[QUOTE="silentexistence"][QUOTE="2ndWonder"]I guess that's good, right?2ndWonder

People will never be happy. :P

That's a fact.
Princess-peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#79 Princess-peach
Member since 2006 • 62385 Posts
People will never be happy. :P2ndWonder
Exactly why I don't care what happens with the TOU, there's no pleasing people :P
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Kelayr
I kinda hope so. horgen123
Why? :o
People will never be happy. :P2ndWonder
And I will never understand why lol.
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 jediknight52501
[QUOTE="2ndWonder"]People will never be happy. :PPrincess-peach
Exactly why I don't care what happens with the TOU, there's no pleasing people :P

no one is ever happy about anything anymore.
Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts
[QUOTE="2ndWonder"]People will never be happy. :PPrincess-peach

I think I'd rather have rules less strict, probably due to the reason I'm one of those rebellious types. Even flaming isn't all bad and can be like a double-edged sword actually. While what hurts making flaming not good is others getting harassed and bullied for no reason, but on the other hand, it does give one more freedom to call out trolls, You can freely call someone a dummy or twerp if is clear they're trolling or really annoying you, however, if trolling isn't allowed, then I don't think flaming would be needed as much, and should then be not allowed anymore either.
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 TAMKFan
[QUOTE="Princess-peach"][QUOTE="2ndWonder"]People will never be happy. :PToph_Girl250

I think I'd rather have rules less strict, probably due to the reason I'm one of those rebellious types. Even flaming isn't all bad and can be like a double-edged sword actually. While what hurts making flaming not good is others getting harassed and bullied for no reason, but on the other hand, it does give one more freedom to call out trolls, You can freely call someone a dummy or twerp if is clear they're trolling or really annoying you, however, if trolling isn't allowed, then I don't think flaming would be needed as much, and should then be not allowed anymore either.

Wait, you want rules less strict now? I thought you hated how lax the new ToU was? But flaming is pretty bad. Of course though, some types of flaming are worse than others. It's not even really the right thing to do, even if someone is trolling. Also keep in mind that calling someone a troll is not really flaming.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#84 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="Princess-peach"][QUOTE="2ndWonder"]People will never be happy. :PToph_Girl250

*reads post before user above PMs me about it*>.>

Also, most people flame for the hell of it!:o 

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Toph_Girl250
There's no need to bug me about replying to your questions of why I prefer the rules more lenient, sometimes people over time end up changing their minds. I'm perfectly content with the way things are here now, unlike a certain someone who's forcing Mitu to be his messenger boy.
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 TAMKFan
There's no need to bug me about replying to your questions of why I prefer the rules more lenient, sometimes people over time end up changing their minds. I'm perfectly content with the way things are here now, unlike a certain someone who's forcing Mitu to be his messenger boy.Toph_Girl250

You honestly want flaming allowed though? Even after all the rants you made about it? Why? Flaming is not good and can cause a lot of chaos. Just look at how bad OT turned out before the rules were changed for that forum.
Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Toph_Girl250
I don't remember constantly ranting about it, I'm pretty sure I only made one blog explaining the issues with flaming and how it can be bad for a web site (other than the blog I think I only made 2-3 posts of how its not for the better in your old tou Union). I am aware that flaming can make a hostile environment and can cause chaos, but there's quite a bit of web sites out there that allows it, which is a sign that flaming is the norm these days sadly. Flaming is inevitable, everyone's gonna get cussed out in their lives eventually. One positive towards flaming is you can train yourself and toughen yourself up against it in web sites that allow it. I honestly don't care if someone were to post Phuck You towards me right after I post this message. Big deal.
xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

No more pictures of hot babes? Outrageous! :x

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#89 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

xdude85
Go to OT After Hours, lol.
Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Toph_Girl250
[QUOTE="xdude85"]

mitu123

I'm very interested in posting at that forum! :D Once I start posting there, System Wars is next. :twisted:
xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts
[QUOTE="xdude85"]

mitu123

I just might. :P
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 TAMKFan

I don't remember constantly ranting about it, I'm pretty sure I only made one blog explaining the issues with flaming and how it can be bad for a web site (other than the blog I think I only made 2-3 posts of how its not for the better in your old tou Union). I am aware that flaming can make a hostile environment and can cause chaos, but there's quite a bit of web sites out there that allows it, which is a sign that flaming is the norm these days sadly. Flaming is inevitable, everyone's gonna get cussed out in their lives eventually. One positive towards flaming is you can train yourself and toughen yourself up against it in web sites that allow it. I honestly don't care if someone were to post Phuck You towards me right after I post this message. Big deal. Toph_Girl250

Well, some sites allow that stuff and some don't. But I am pretty sure most bigger sites that are like this one doesn't allow flaming. And just because some sites allow it, doesn't mean it's right. And yes, I am aware that flaming will still happen regardless, but the thing is, if it's not allowed, it would occur a lot less often, since those who do so are punished for it. By allowing it, people will obviously take advantage of it.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Toph_Girl250
I see your points, and its okay to try and prevent flaming, I was just stating that for even things like flaming there can be a few hidden positives to it. Overall I guess I can agree to an extent that its still not good in the long run, and will only hurt web sites that let it get bad enough. I know IMDb is a nasty place for flaming, so obviously IMDb has gotten itself a bad reputation, same goes for Youtube. I just don't know what side I want to be on, not sure If I am completely against flaming, or completely for it. Right now though I do see how its bad therefore I think I'm leaning more towards being against it. However I still like to remain neutral. Also, right now I'm just not interested anymore in trying to get the old Tou back, though you still are I guess. Basically when things get too ugly in OT/SW, take refuge here.
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 TAMKFan
I see your points, and its okay to try and prevent flaming, I was just stating that for even things like flaming there can be a few hidden positives to it. Overall I guess I can agree to an extent that its still not good in the long run, and will only hurt web sites that let it get bad enough. I know IMDb is a nasty place for flaming, so obviously IMDb has gotten itself a bad reputation, same goes for Youtube. I just don't know what side I want to be on, not sure If I am completely against flaming, or completely for it. Right now though I do see how its bad therefore I think I'm leaning more towards being against it. However I still like to remain neutral. Also, right now I'm just not interested anymore in trying to get the old Tou back, though you still are I guess. Basically when things get too ugly in OT/SW, take refuge here.Toph_Girl250

Exactly. GS could become like those sites if you keep allowing it. And I can see you're not interested in trying to get the old ToU back anymore. I mean, isn't that why you left my union anyway? And I think it's safe to say things have already gotten too ugly in OT before the rules there have just changed.
Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Toph_Girl250
Well, if you really want me to, I will consider going back to the Union. Though why I left was because it never seemed to be getting new members, and much excitement and activity, and it also just didn't seem to be getting anywhere on getting the new rules back, but maybe it did since it got Synthia's attention, and the OT forum got switched back, so I think this is one of those "I stand corrected" moments. :P
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TAMKFan
Okay then. I have just invited you to my union. A few members have joined after you left too. And yeah, Synthia even posted a new thread there to announce the rule changes for OT.
Noteldnep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Noteldnep

Well, if you really want me to, I will consider going back to the Union. Though why I left was because it never seemed to be getting new members, and much excitement and activity, and it also just didn't seem to be getting anywhere on getting the new rules back, but maybe it did since it got Synthia's attention, and the OT forum got switched back, so I think this is one of those "I stand corrected" moments. :PToph_Girl250

Oh yeah, I meant to ask you why you joined there in the first place if you felt it was going nowhere but I forgot. I did respond to your post where you said you were leaving the union but then I realized you probably wouldn't come back to read it so I'll mention it now. But yeah, the ToU of old did return in some variation and Synthia did post a new thread about the rule changes there so I'd like to think the union had a little bit to do with it.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 TAMKFan
Well, she did say here that she would consider re-joining and I sent her an invitation afterwards, but she hasn't re-joined yet.
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Kelayr
Well, she did say here that she would consider re-joining and I sent her an invitation afterwards, but she hasn't re-joined yet.TAMKFan
She's likely at college. Give her a while.
PiscesChick93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#100 PiscesChick93
Member since 2008 • 10732 Posts

There's no need to bug me about replying to your questions of why I prefer the rules more lenient, sometimes people over time end up changing their minds. I'm perfectly content with the way things are here now, unlike a certain someone who's forcing Mitu to be his messenger boy.Toph_Girl250

So am I. :)