The Facebook Dicussion Thread.

#101 Posted by Nightmare-_- (17417 posts) -

[QUOTE="PolskaKing"][QUOTE="julian_jr"]Are you lying to me Polsky?julian_jr
Would I ever lie to you?

Umm... yes! By the way, what is everyone's opinion on the new chat that facebook has?

I dont even use it :P

#102 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
I don't know how to chat with my friends anymore on it!
#103 Posted by papermariofan57 (121952 posts) -
got facebook with over 600 friends yes I know 530 in real life :P anyways just FB and Tumblr pretty muchNightmare-_-
I also have tumblr!:o
#104 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -
What do you use tumblr for? I am not very familar with it?
#105 Posted by papermariofan57 (121952 posts) -
Tumblr is a site in which you blog different images according to your mood or how you feel. The difference with facebook is that in tumblr, you just post images, in facebook are status.
#106 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
I've never heard of Tumbir until you started talking about it PMP. :P
#107 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -
I had heard about tumblr and knew it was image related. Didn't know it was micro-blogging with images site. Sounds kinda "emo" (no offense though) :P
#108 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
Are there only a certain amount of images you can use?
#109 Posted by Nightmare-_- (17417 posts) -

Tumblr is a site in which you blog different images according to your mood or how you feel. The difference with facebook is that in tumblr, you just post images, in facebook are status.papermariofan57

here mine tumblr

http://yourworstnightmar3.tumblr.com/

Are there only a certain amount of images you can use?julian_jr

nah no limits :P

#110 Posted by jediknight52501 (69715 posts) -
i use Facebook when i want to these days.
#111 Posted by Nightmare-_- (17417 posts) -

i use Facebook when i want to these days.jediknight52501

i 'll check when someone pm me or whatever

#112 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47675 posts) -
Tumblr sounds even lamer than Facebook, and that's saying something.
#113 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
I don't know how to chat with my friends anymore on it! julian_jr
I hope you figure out how to soon.
#114 Posted by Nightmare-_- (17417 posts) -

[QUOTE="julian_jr"]I don't know how to chat with my friends anymore on it! 2ndWonder
I hope you figure out how to soon.

same here but not gonna bother with it :P

#115 Posted by lancelot200 (61977 posts) -
I've heard about Tumblr, but I never check it out. Seems kinda useless.
#116 Posted by jediknight52501 (69715 posts) -
I've heard about Tumblr, but I never check it out. Seems kinda useless.lancelot200
sounds like something i would never use.
#117 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -
Shesh I am not liking tumblr much
#118 Posted by lancelot200 (61977 posts) -
Did you make an account or something because you sound exasperated. lol
#119 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -

Did you make an account or something because you sound exasperated. lollancelot200
I think I exaggerated :P

I thought it was okay when I saw couple of things. but when I looked more I saw that many are trying hard to be poetic. If you aren't that way don't try to be. It just makes it bad. I have seen this trend on Facebook too. Evey person out there wants to make poetic or philosophical updates. I just wish people would just speak their true mind. Something like F 

#120 Posted by lancelot200 (61977 posts) -
I'd just make a international news type things if I'd bothered with it. Despite not having any followers. lol
#121 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -
I don't have twitter but on FB most of my friends are close ones. i usually don't post updates. But when I do it is mostly about thing I am very happy about or pissed at. I don't bothr posting trivial things. many people like to do that too.
#122 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47675 posts) -
When I used to have a Facebook, I had some friends, but only about 150 of them, I may be overreacting, but over time all of a sudden it felt like they started hating me, not sure why. Maybe its because I wasn't very active and social, so... maybe they thought I was giving them the cold shoulder, where I wasn't doing that.
#123 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -

[QUOTE="lancelot200"]Did you make an account or something because you sound exasperated. lolSandulf29

I think I exaggerated :P

I thought it was okay when I saw couple of things. but when I looked more I saw that many are trying hard to be poetic. If you aren't that way don't try to be. It just makes it bad. I have seen this trend on Facebook too. Evey person out there wants to make poetic or philosophical updates. I just wish people would just speak their true mind. Something like F 

Could you provide an example of something someone would say there? In facebook what I'm used to seeing is song lyrics being posted.
#124 Posted by lancelot200 (61977 posts) -
When I used to have a Facebook, I had some friends, but only about 150 of them, I may be overreacting, but over time all of a sudden it felt like they started hating me, not sure why. Maybe its because I wasn't very active and social, so... maybe they thought I was giving them the cold shoulder, where I wasn't doing that. Toph_Girl250
and how could you get that feeling?
#125 Posted by Nightmare-_- (17417 posts) -

I'd just make a international news type things if I'd bothered with it. Despite not having any followers. lollancelot200

I will follow you :P

#126 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47675 posts) -
[QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"]When I used to have a Facebook, I had some friends, but only about 150 of them, I may be overreacting, but over time all of a sudden it felt like they started hating me, not sure why. Maybe its because I wasn't very active and social, so... maybe they thought I was giving them the cold shoulder, where I wasn't doing that. lancelot200
and how could you get that feeling?

I have no idea.
#127 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -

Could you provide an example of something someone would say there? In facebook what I'm used to seeing is song lyrics being posted.julian_jr
I don't remeber much but thre are so many people out there who talk in metaphors. Even tho in IRL they don't like a shred of poetry or philosophy.

For example instead of plain saying my papers went bad, people say I am surrounded by darkness, drowning in the womb of sea etc. such stuff. 

#128 Posted by papermariofan57 (121952 posts) -
I had heard about tumblr and knew it was image related. Didn't know it was micro-blogging with images site. Sounds kinda "emo" (no offense though) :PSandulf29
If your blog is emo is because you want to, there are lot of happy things you can post there about!
#129 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -

[QUOTE="julian_jr"]Could you provide an example of something someone would say there? In facebook what I'm used to seeing is song lyrics being posted.Sandulf29

I don't remeber much but thre are so many people out there who talk in metaphors. Even tho in IRL they don't like a shred of poetry or philosophy.

For example instead of plain saying my papers went bad, people say I am surrounded by darkness, drowning in the womb of sea etc. such stuff. 

Are you sure it's not song lyrics? :P
#130 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -
Are you sure it's not song lyrics? :Pjulian_jr
nah. Just some random stuff they babble. using a lot of metaphors many time. Not everyone does that but many do that from time to time
[QUOTE="Sandulf29"]I had heard about tumblr and knew it was image related. Didn't know it was micro-blogging with images site. Sounds kinda "emo" (no offense though) :Ppapermariofan57
If your blog is emo is because you want to, there are lot of happy things you can post there about!

I wish people would just blog like syam or F. Post whatever you feels like
#131 Posted by papermariofan57 (121952 posts) -

You can find things like this in Tumblr:

#132 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -
Have heard that a million times. And I am not sure Audrey hepburn was first to say that. I think someone else before that said that too.
#133 Posted by lancelot200 (61977 posts) -
I'd rather over too many poets and lyricist than facebook gamers.
#134 Posted by PolskaKing (39592 posts) -
[QUOTE="julian_jr"] Umm... yes! By the way, what is everyone's opinion on the new chat that facebook has?

Now you're just lying. :P I hate it. I don't know how to chat anymore because I can't find everyone!
#135 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -

LOL I don't even remember what old chat looked like :P 

I'd rather over too many poets and lyricist than facebook gamers.lancelot200
But they should make some sense. And besides whats wrong in being yourself than acting like an elitist

#136 Posted by PolskaKing (39592 posts) -
Something along these lines Sandulf...unless you're joking around...>_>
#137 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -

Oh yeah. And what does it look like now?

I am not joking. I rarely go there 

#138 Posted by PolskaKing (39592 posts) -

Oh yeah. And what does it look like now?

I am not joking. I rarely go there 

Sandulf29
Something like this:
#139 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47675 posts) -
Facebook is lame, its also known for having a bad reputation with Zynga, Zynga is the gaming side on Facebook, and the company and their games suck ass.
#140 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -
Not much of a change then
#141 Posted by PolskaKing (39592 posts) -
Not much of a change thenSandulf29
Well, I didn't post the whole FB page, I was too lazy to blur everything. :P
#142 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
I'm on facebook.
#143 Posted by papermariofan57 (121952 posts) -
I hated the times in which most of the people that used facebook was just for farmville and games like that >.>
#144 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
Never played farmville.
#145 Posted by PolskaKing (39592 posts) -
I hated the times in which most of the people that used facebook was just for farmville and games like that >.>papermariofan57
Yes, that is horrible. -_-
#146 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -
I played Poker on FB couple of times
#147 Posted by lancelot200 (61977 posts) -
I hated the times in which most of the people that used facebook was just for farmville and games like that >.>papermariofan57
It more or less ended.
#148 Posted by jediknight52501 (69715 posts) -
facebook bores me.
#149 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72255 posts) -

facebook bores me.jediknight52501

It is boring, i only use it to chat with people 

#150 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47675 posts) -
Hmm well since I'm a guy... I do have a facebook account. Under my real name. However I am afraid of revealing my real name. I guess someone could always PM me if they really want to know. My Facebook Account has been de-activated though, will have to re-activate it shortly.