Sig/Avy Discussion ('Rate My Sig' Thread)

#151 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
I'm surprised you compared PS to Mac OSX instead of PC. =P
#152 Posted by Lotus-Edge (50439 posts) -
He took it from someone else. Might as well do the same. :Plancelot200

Hey, hey, hey. Other than the pose and whatever that background thing is they're not the same....

#153 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -

I'm surprised you compared PS to Mac OSX instead of PC. =Pjulian_jr
i would compare PS with Windows too it doesn't make much difference. They are both GUI based user friendly OS'es. they have their own differences but from a larger picture they are both same in the sense they work. Both have closed libraries. If you want to develop apps for it you nee license grant from them. Same case is with Photoshop

Linux on the other hand is Open Source. All its libraries are open to all publicly.

I don't think you got the analogy correct and understand what I meant to said. What I wanted to say is that if you want to install an app in Window/Mac all you have to do is double-click and it does all the work itself.

Try installing a simple software like Open Ofice in Linux. It will give you a headache. Because first you need to know those konsole commands to install it through konsole.

Similarlyin PS all you do is click and select toools, filters etc.and your job is easy. whereas in GIMP you need to make various setting, key press combinations to run different tools. So it is bit complicate

me hatin HTML errors

#154 Posted by papermariofan57 (121950 posts) -
I want a neew avy but dont know what to change it into >.>
#155 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
I want a neew avy but dont know what to change it into >.>papermariofan57
You should use my avy :oops:
#156 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -
I want a neew avy but dont know what to change it into >.>papermariofan57
that guy in your sig. It would be matching then
#157 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
#158 Posted by lancelot200 (61977 posts) -
[QUOTE="lancelot200"] He took it from someone else. Might as well do the same. :PLotus-Edge
Hey, hey, hey. Other than the pose and whatever that background thing is they're not the same....

He can change the background.
#159 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -
For Summer, here's the original version while my current is in use.mitu123
Oh I see what you did thar
#160 Posted by LightR (17445 posts) -

Rate mine. Dark background is needed.

#161 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
[QUOTE="mitu123"]For Summer, here's the original version while my current is in use.Sandulf29
Oh I see what you did thar

Yep, for obvious reasons.=p
#163 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
You guys are good at pointing it out.
#164 Posted by PolskaKing (39592 posts) -
For Summer, here's the original version while my current is in use.mitu123
I'm gonna complain...No blocking it! :x :P
#165 Posted by lancelot200 (61977 posts) -
You guys are good at pointing it out.mitu123
A stomach ain't gonna harmful. I've seen cleavage in sigs.
#166 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
Maybe I should use my sig rotator and have them switch between them when refreshing pages.
#168 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
Just to screw with people? Cloud_765
That wasn't the point of it but I can see that happening.XD
#169 Posted by lancelot200 (61977 posts) -
I used to have a sig rotator, but there isn't much point if your avatar doesn't match.
#170 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
I used to have a sig rotator, but there isn't much point if your avatar doesn't match.lancelot200
Yep, though for this one I like to keep it in one place. I mainly do themes to match it while when I didn't I normally had multiple babes at once in it.
#171 Posted by lancelot200 (61977 posts) -
Yep, though for this one I like to keep it in one place. I mainly do themes to match it while when I didn't I normally had multiple babes at once in it.mitu123
How many people have thought that you were a girl?
#172 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
[QUOTE="mitu123"]Yep, though for this one I like to keep it in one place. I mainly do themes to match it while when I didn't I normally had multiple babes at once in it.lancelot200

Some did...I was on a girls list before.XD
#173 Posted by lancelot200 (61977 posts) -
Some did...I was on a girls list before.XDmitu123
I'm not surprised. The only reason I didn't think so was because it was human and mitu doesn't sound very feminine.
#175 Posted by lancelot200 (61977 posts) -
I've rarely had avatars that are from the same stock as my sig. It's only this theme that does it.
#176 Posted by PolskaKing (39592 posts) -
Maybe I should use my sig rotator and have them switch between them when refreshing pages.mitu123
I'd be okay with that. :P
#177 Posted by ff7fan2 (31413 posts) -
Have my contacts in so I really can't tell too well. Is my avatar over-sharpened?
#178 Posted by lancelot200 (61977 posts) -
If I knew what the difference was between over-sharpened and regular then I'd tell you.
#179 Posted by ff7fan2 (31413 posts) -
If I knew what the difference was between over-sharpened and regular then I'd tell you.lancelot200
I took the liberty of sharpening your avatar to hell and back.

Now, would you say that mine more resembles your "actual" avatar or the over-sharpened one?
#180 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -
Hey whaddya know, ff7 changed his avatar. I wonder who that character is though, I'm also wondering the same for Lance.
#181 Posted by ff7fan2 (31413 posts) -
Hey whaddya know, ff7 changed his avatar. I wonder who that character is though, I'm also wondering the same for Lance.Toph_Girl250
Mine is Yoko from Yu Yu Hakusho. If I had to take a guess for lance's I would probably say Altair from Assassin's Creed. Though the hood is slightly off.
#182 Posted by PolskaKing (39592 posts) -
Have my contacts in so I really can't tell too well. Is my avatar over-sharpened?ff7fan2
It's normal.
#183 Posted by lancelot200 (61977 posts) -
[QUOTE="lancelot200"]If I knew what the difference was between over-sharpened and regular then I'd tell you.ff7fan2
I took the liberty of sharpening your avatar to hell and back.

Now, would you say that mine more resembles your "actual" avatar or the over-sharpened one?

That is pretty sharp. You are not this sharpened.
Hey whaddya know, ff7 changed his avatar. I wonder who that character is though, I'm also wondering the same for Lance.Toph_Girl250
I have no idea.
#184 Posted by jediknight52501 (69715 posts) -
i like my sig, but GS broke my avi.
#185 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -
[QUOTE="mitu123"]Yep, though for this one I like to keep it in one place. I mainly do themes to match it while when I didn't I normally had multiple babes at once in it.lancelot200

Frankly I did at first :lol:
Have my contacts in so I really can't tell too well. Is my avatar over-sharpened?ff7fan2
Nope. But since you said it, I noticed some sharpening in eyes. I would say you use Sponge tool instead of sharpen tool. Thats what I did to make Dante's eyes more blue
#186 Posted by mewantcookie (10930 posts) -
I'd probably make a new sig and possibly a new avy since I've had these same ones for a couple years now, but I have to figure out what I want to do first. Always the hardest part of making one for me.
#187 Posted by ChaosRyder665 (23244 posts) -
I made my current sig and avatar last night. I still have to make a new banner eventually. Not something I'm looking forward to.
#188 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -
This appears to be the correct place to ask this: How good would you say are my Avatar and Signature currently? They seem excellent to me, which is why I plan to keep them for a long time. ;)
#189 Posted by Horgen (110055 posts) -
This appears to be the correct place to ask this: How good would you say are my Avatar and Signature currently? They seem excellent to me, which is why I plan to keep them for a long time. ;)Toph_Girl250
Like the avatar. It's harder to say something about the sig, but you do sport a rocking dancing banana!
#190 Posted by lancelot200 (61977 posts) -

I know a lot of people say that the avatar is that chick from Death Note, but I don't think it is. She's not blonde.

Maybe you find the sig funny, but I just don't get it.

#191 Posted by ChaosRyder665 (23244 posts) -

I know a lot of people say that the avatar is that chick from Death Note, but I don't think it is. She's not blonde.

Maybe you find the sig funny, but I just don't get it.

lancelot200
Misa is blonde.

#192 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -
She looks cute
#193 Posted by lancelot200 (61977 posts) -
I know, but the avatar isn't it.
#194 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -
Ye. thats not her at all.
#195 Posted by ChaosRyder665 (23244 posts) -
I'm almost positive that's Misa. I read the manga, and there was a moment where she had that coat on in that same position. I'm not fixing to go through the manga again, but when I come to the episode (or when I don't), I'll try to link it.
#196 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -
I dunno, the eyes and facial structure look somewhat different. But if they have different artists for anime and manga then it is possible there maybe slight variations.
#197 Posted by ChaosRyder665 (23244 posts) -
I'm too sure that's her. I just saw the first episode with her in it a few nights ago, it will be a while before I get to the episode in question probably.
#198 Posted by lancelot200 (61977 posts) -
It's not a manga image. It's either a video game image or an anime.
#199 Posted by ChaosRyder665 (23244 posts) -
No, I'm not saying it's a manga image, that's obvious. I'm saying I remember a similar image from when I was reading the Death Note manga.
#200 Posted by lancelot200 (61977 posts) -
Sure. Many characters look alike.