[OT] System Wars!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#201 GazzaB
Member since 2004 • 27139 Posts
Yeah, i mean how much has Sony lost so far from its game division because of the PS3? Was it $2 billion? I mean they are going to have to make that money up somehow.
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#202 julian_jr
Member since 2007 • 83416 Posts
Graphics are not that important. The actual game is what is important. I would prefer to buy a game that is really good, but has horrible graphics, to a game that the only thing it has is graphics. Graphics just make the game look nice.
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#203 hendrix29
Member since 2006 • 10960 Posts
when has a console ever won because of graphics anyway? The PS2 won and it had the worst graphics, PS1 won and it had worse graphics than N64. So, it could actually mean the worst graphics determine the winner, which means, the Wii would win.
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#204 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts
Graphics are not that important. The actual game is what is important. I would prefer to buy a game that is really good, but has horrible graphics, to a game that the only thing it has is graphics. Graphics just make the game look nice.julian_jr
yea, kinda like the morrowind vs. oblivion debate
when has a console ever won because of graphics anyway? The PS2 won and it had the worst graphics, PS1 won and it had worse graphics than N64. So, it could actually mean the worst graphics determine the winner, which means, the Wii would win.hendrix29
yep, true
GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 GazzaB
In my opinion, i dont think the Wii can win. Even if it sells 6 billion consoles, i still think it will be the gamers second system, and his primary system will always be the PC, 360 or PS3.
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 hendrix29

I actually think Xbox 360 will win slighltly in software, but end up losing a lot to the Wii in the hardware department

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 lettuceman44
In my opinion, i dont think the Wii can win. Even if it sells 6 billion consoles, i still think it will be the gamers second system, and his primary system will always be the PC, 360 or PS3.GazzaB
I think thats still a win.
Pandamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Pandamar
Member since 2006 • 732 Posts

[QUOTE="GazzaB"]In my opinion, i dont think the Wii can win. Even if it sells 6 billion consoles, i still think it will be the gamers second system, and his primary system will always be the PC, 360 or PS3.lettuceman44
I think thats still a win.

Aye. A wins a win, I say.

It may be the hardcore gamer's second system, but you can bet that the Wii is you average joe's first system.

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 GazzaB

No, i still think casuals wont be able to just stick with a Wii. The only people i can think of who will only stick with the Wii are the really hardcore nintendo fans.

So sure the Wii will win in sales, but how is that a win if its the majoritys second choice? 

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 hendrix29

No, i still think casuals wont be able to just stick with a Wii. The only people i can think of who will only stick with the Wii are the really hardcore nintendo fans.

So sure the Wii will win in sales, but how is that a win if its the majoritys second choice?

GazzaB

you don't know casuals then. I know plenty of fairly casual gamers who are quite content with simply having a Wii, and then 4 games a year. 

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 GazzaB
[QUOTE="GazzaB"]

hendrix29

you don't know casuals then. I know plenty of fairly casual gamers who are quite content with simply having a Wii, and then 4 games a year.

Why a Wii though? why not just stick with a PS2? Or is it the novelty of a moving controller wand thing? BTW, ive just confused myself, and im tired. I may not make sense. 

Pandamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Pandamar
It's the simplicity and intuitiveness of it. Young kids and old folks and everyone inbetween can easily play with the Wii and have fun. Looking at modern video game controllers it's easy to see how confusing one might seem to someone who hasn't played a game since the NES or 2600 days. I personally know several people my age (20s) and my parent's age (50s) who want a Wii just because it looks like a lot of fun and is simple to use.
GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 GazzaB
Hmm...we'll have to see. Im not convinced, but maybe...
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 lettuceman44

GazzaB
um, a win is a win. And isnt supposed to be like a second choice? And isnt it supposed to target the hardcore and casual audience? And if its a second one, wouldn't that mean that a lot of people will have it? That is a win. The rules are not going to change. Wii selling the most=Win, any console selling the most= win
GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 GazzaB
[QUOTE="GazzaB"]

lettuceman44

um, a win is a win. And isnt supposed to be like a second choice? And isnt it supposed to target the hardcore and casual audience? And if its a second one, wouldn't that mean that a lot of people will have it? That is a win. The rules are not going to change. Wii selling the most=Win, any console selling the most= win

Yeah, i know, its just i think of the Wii as in a completely different league. Like handhelds, which are in a different league from consoles. I think of the Wii on its own. It will sell loads, but be the second choice. The real battle will be between the PS3 and 360. Maybe thats just my opinion, and only my opinion:P 

Pandamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Pandamar
I see what you're saying. Even Nintendo says the Wii is in a league all it's own and they aren't trying to draw comparisons to the 360 and PS3.
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 hendrix29
that is true, but they are technically considered by basically everyone else that they are in the same league.
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 lettuceman44
[QUOTE="lettuceman44"][QUOTE="GazzaB"]

GazzaB

Yeah, i know, its just i think of the Wii as in a completely different league. Like handhelds, which are in a different league from consoles. I think of the Wii on its own. It will sell loads, but be the second choice. The real battle will be between the PS3 and 360. Maybe thats just my opinion, and only my opinion:P

yea, the real battle is between the ps3 and 360, cause the Wii left them in the dust;)

Wii ftw 

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 GazzaB
[QUOTE="GazzaB"][QUOTE="lettuceman44"][QUOTE="GazzaB"]

lettuceman44

yea, the real battle is between the ps3 and 360, cause the Wii left them in the dust;)

Wii ftw

Yeah, that is weird. I mean, i had the urge to buy one, and i did even though i knew rightly that there are nood good games for it yet:P (IMO), so why is everyone else buying them? And what will it be like when Brawl, Galaxy and MP3 come out? Will the world just self implode because of the demand for the damn wand waving machine. 

Avatar image for mutatedsquirrel
mutatedsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#220 mutatedsquirrel
Member since 2007 • 122 Posts

Here's what I think: ACTUALLY READ IT!!!!!!!!!! lol

I have all the systems, and do not favor ANY which one, and I just a lot of enjoyment from all three.

WII: Graphics for the most part are good, but obviously the PS3 and 360 have better, but you can't blame them, just look at the Wii's **** lol. Another thing, my arms get kinda tired from using the controllers, especially when you sit and do it. So basically, this system demands that you stand for long periods of time, which is something a lot of people (including myself) can't really handle. (spine problems for me :S)

This is obviously also the funnest system, MOST of the time. I find it hard to aim in shooting games and sometimes other ones, the sensor gets flawed or something, but yeah a really fun system.

PS3: Or P$3 as some call it. This one definatally doesn't win, really. I mean, first of all. 600 - 700 dollars for THAT? Its pretty bulky too, and loud. But you have to admit, the graphics are a tie (or maybe SLIGHTLY better) than the 360. The controller is the worst, or, tied with the Wii controller really. I mean, I'm really not used to holding sticks that look like pleasure toys in my hand while playing a video game, and i mean no one has hands that HUGE to fit the whole thing. Way to expensive for what you get really. The 360 is like 300 bucks cheaper, and you get the same amount of power (actually more if you study both systems 'organs') and the same graphics. Seriously.

Ahh... the 360: This little beast is probably the winner. And no, as I stated above, I love all the systems. I know, it's loud (BUT NOT THE 360 ELITE HEHEE I love them! and I have one! mwahaha), its also freezy, (again, not the elite) but yeah... otherwise. It's an 0rg@sm in a little white box. (or black if you have the elite).

Personally, get the Wii if you want lots of fun and little power and semi - good to great graphics.
get the PS3 if you want to spend 700 on lots of power and lots of graphics. (Just power in a box really)
Or get the 360 if you want power, money in your wallet, and lots of fun.

It's simple.  Wait... get...

XBOX 360 ELITE!!!!!!!!!!

mutatedsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 mutatedsquirrel
Or to sum in up: 360 Elite > 360 > Wii > PS3

Sure the Wii sold more, but not everyone can enjoy it like a simple controlled system.
Plus, Microsoft seld more 'Windows' than Apple selling Macs, and that doesnt mean Windows is better. Story told.
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 lettuceman44
Or to sum in up: 360 Elite > 360 > Wii > PS3

Sure the Wii sold more, but not everyone can enjoy it like a simple controlled system.
Plus, Microsoft seld more 'Windows' than Apple selling Macs, and that doesnt mean Windows is better. Story told. mutatedsquirrel
it depends. I'm a pc gamer so to me its, PC+Wii>360>ps3 because well, the 360 is a dumbed down pc. Many of the games are the same
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#223 julian_jr
Member since 2007 • 83416 Posts

In my opinion, the xbox 360 has the most comfortable controller. It feels as if it is molded into your hands.

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 hendrix29

In my opinion, the xbox 360 has the most comfortable controller. It feels as if it is molded into your hands.

julian_jr

agreed, definitley my favorite conventional game controller out there.

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 GazzaB
[QUOTE="julian_jr"]

hendrix29

Yup. Thats what its superior to the PC and its shallow feeling control system imo. The one reason why if a game came out on the PC and 360, id get the 360 version. 

Avatar image for rebelliousgamer
rebelliousgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#226 rebelliousgamer
Member since 2007 • 250 Posts
yeah i agree ive never like the playstation controller (especially since it copied the 360 with the 'home' button) and everyone i know whos bought a wii has liked it then got bored after 2 months, 360 controller rules even though it has like 20 buttons!
Pandamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Pandamar

Oh, man. The 360 controller is overall my favorite video game controller ever. If only they could do something about that d-pad.

I've never liked Playstation controllers. They just feel way too uncomfortable for me.

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 GazzaB

Oh, man. The 360 controller is overall my favorite video game controller ever. If only they could do something about that d-pad.

I've never liked Playstation controllers. They just feel way too uncomfortable for me.

Pandamar

I have 4 360 controllers, and for two of them, the D pad works perfectly. The other two....not so much. So i guess its down to luck really. Plus, not that many games use it anyways. 

KillErmarinE15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#229 KillErmarinE15
Member since 2006 • 1057 Posts
Has anyone of you PS3 fanboys ever played Socom? If you have stop bringing up RESISTANCE and start talking about that game.. N0OBL3TZ.. That game spanks RESISTANCE.
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 lettuceman44
[QUOTE="hendrix29"][QUOTE="julian_jr"]

GazzaB

Yup. Thats what its superior to the PC and its shallow feeling control system imo. The one reason why if a game came out on the PC and 360, id get the 360 version.

......................................................................................................pc version is always superior. shallow feeling control system? so pushing a button on a controller is so much more indepth than pushing a button on the pc......
mutatedsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 mutatedsquirrel
Why are you guys adding PC as a game console? It's a console war, and a computer isn't really a game console, its a lot more. OBviously the PC versinons of games are usually cooler, but you have to admit, that 360 controller is just nice to hold, I hate using mouses and keyboards for games. (Except like online games of course)
mewantcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#232 mewantcookie
Member since 2005 • 10930 Posts
Although the PC is more than just a gaming platform, it is still a gaming platform, and should be included. It is, after all, a large chunk of the gaming market.
mutatedsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 mutatedsquirrel
ll yes, but it's obviously better if you go by how that one guy goes. 'More sold means it's better' basically. So obviously the PC is the best. But yeah even if you dont go that way, its still better. Meh, I still think the elite pwns
GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 GazzaB
[QUOTE="GazzaB"][QUOTE="hendrix29"][QUOTE="julian_jr"]

lettuceman44

......................................................................................................pc version is always superior. shallow feeling control system? so pushing a button on a controller is so much more indepth than pushing a button on the pc......

Not necessarily. Look at RE4. Both console versions>>>PC version.

Anyway, what i mean is i would much rather use a joystick to move my character than some keys on a keyboard. I would also much rather pull a trigger to fire a gun instead on just clicking on a mouse button. You know what i mean? It all comes down to personal preference. Im sure you have your reasons for preferring to play with M/KB. 

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 lettuceman44
[QUOTE="lettuceman44"][QUOTE="GazzaB"][QUOTE="hendrix29"][QUOTE="julian_jr"]

GazzaB

Anyway, what i mean is i would much rather use a joystick to move my character than some keys on a keyboard. I would also much rather pull a trigger to fire a gun instead on just clicking on a mouse button. You know what i mean? It all comes down to personal preference. Im sure you have your reasons for preferring to play with M/KB.

oh, well I don't play RE so I never knew that. So I will say MOST of the time pc version is superior. Oh and I know its all preference, and I have nothing against controllers, I just like the KB/M better.

But you know, this is system wars, and arrogance, stupidity, nonsense, fanboyism rules lol 

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 GazzaB
[QUOTE="GazzaB"][QUOTE="lettuceman44"][QUOTE="GazzaB"][QUOTE="hendrix29"][QUOTE="julian_jr"]

lettuceman44

oh, well I don't play RE so I never knew that. So I will say MOST of the time pc version is superior. Oh and I know its all preference, and I have nothing against controllers, I just like the KB/M better.

But you know, this is system wars, and arrogance, stupidity, nonsense, fanboyism rules lol

Yeah, the same is with DMC3. The console version>>PV version. But thats only because Capcom do really lazy ports. I wouldnt be surprised if Lost Planet turned out the same. 

And yeah. The PS3 is a stupid grill with no games that cost too much and is run by a bunch or idiots. PC gaming is already dead because the 360 destroyed it overnight. The Xbox 360 has to be the best console ever invented. And the Wii is just two gamecubes ducktaped together. 

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 hendrix29
Alright, nene, what bugs me is that you state your opinion as fact, and there really are not many people to back you up. Unlike you, Halo has over 7 million dedicated fans, along with AMAZING reviews. Resistance can not say ANYTHING about that.
GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 GazzaB

Alright, nene, what bugs me is that you state your opinion as fact, and there really are not many people to back you up. Unlike you, Halo has over 7 million dedicated fans, along with AMAZING reviews. Resistance can not say ANYTHING about that.hendrix29

I think he's realised he's wrong, which is why he hasnt posted here in ages:P 

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 lettuceman44

[QUOTE="hendrix29"]Alright, nene, what bugs me is that you state your opinion as fact, and there really are not many people to back you up. Unlike you, Halo has over 7 million dedicated fans, along with AMAZING reviews. Resistance can not say ANYTHING about that.GazzaB

lol yea. OK here is my system wars contribution.

PS3 is TEH Grillz!!!!! CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its teh worst thing sony could have done, and they are idiots!!THEY are Even goInG to LOSe TEH BLU RAY IN COURT!!!!!!!!!! 

360, pfft, that piece of crap. I went through 69 of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!69!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TEH 3 RING OF DEATH!!!!! Its just a underpowered clone of a pc.

Wii,teh best console ever!!!motion controller is way better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE KILLIN IN SALES!!

PC, WE GOT CRYSIS, U CONSOLE SHEEP CANT MATCH THAT!!!!!!! our pcs are 6545654 times more powerful than ur consoles. Nothing can match our graphics(but hermits arnt as trash talking as the console sheep in system wars)

THIs iS SYSTEM WAR!!!!!!1 

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 GazzaB
[QUOTE="GazzaB"]

[QUOTE="hendrix29"]Alright, nene, what bugs me is that you state your opinion as fact, and there really are not many people to back you up. Unlike you, Halo has over 7 million dedicated fans, along with AMAZING reviews. Resistance can not say ANYTHING about that.lettuceman44

PS3 is TEH Grillz!!!!! CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its teh worst thing sony could have done, and they are idiots!!THEY are Even goInG to LOSe TEH BLU RAY IN COURT!!!!!!!!!!

360, pfft, that piece of crap. I went through 69 of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!69!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TEH 3 RING OF DEATH!!!!! Its just a underpowered clone of a pc.

Wii,teh best console ever!!!motion controller is way better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE KILLIN IN SALES!!

PC, WE GOT CRYSIS, U CONSOLE SHEEP CANT MATCH THAT!!!!!!! our pcs are 6545654 times more powerful than ur consoles. Nothing can match our graphics(but hermits arnt as trash talking as the console sheep in system wars)

No. THIS IS SPARTA!!! 

KillErmarinE15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#241 KillErmarinE15
Member since 2006 • 1057 Posts

*Kicks Lettuceman in a hole behind him + stab all of the other PC fanboys and throw them into a hole*

King Leonidas says "Noob"

mutatedsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 mutatedsquirrel

OKAY  obviously were gunna start a fight in here, better not guys eh?

I heard crysis sucks. Wow. Graphics. (well, i heard its supposed to have bad loading and frame rate... so yeah. All it is is graphics. (im still gunna try to get it lol) but yeah the only way a PC is better is if its like total suped up on graphics cards and everything. Its lame. Sure, a console is a dumb downed PC, but at least they arent 9000 bucks.

no offense to anyone though, im not mad or anything :P Just stating my opinion

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 GazzaB

OKAY obviously were gunna start a fight in here, better not guys eh?

I heard crysis sucks. Wow. Graphics. (well, i heard its supposed to have bad loading and frame rate... so yeah. All it is is graphics. (im still gunna try to get it lol) but yeah the only way a PC is better is if its like total suped up on graphics cards and everything. Its lame. Sure, a console is a dumb downed PC, but at least they arent 9000 bucks.

mutatedsquirrel

I used to think Crysis would be all looks with no gameplay as well, but ive read up on it, and im very excited. It sounds awesome, although sadly my PC would emplode if it tried to run it. And i doubt they will release the game with frame rate problems. They will sort that out before its release if true. And i dont live in America, but from what ive heard, you can get a really good gaming PC for like $2000, not $9000. 

mutatedsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 mutatedsquirrel
Still. What kid has 2000 bucks? I don't live in America either, I'm in CANADA :D
Pandamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Pandamar
For real, man. Some graphics cards alone cost more than a console. That's why I got out of PC gaming.
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 lettuceman44
[QUOTE="lettuceman44"][QUOTE="GazzaB"]

[QUOTE="hendrix29"]Alright, nene, what bugs me is that you state your opinion as fact, and there really are not many people to back you up. Unlike you, Halo has over 7 million dedicated fans, along with AMAZING reviews. Resistance can not say ANYTHING about that.GazzaB

No. THIS IS SPARTA!!!

lol
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 lettuceman44
[QUOTE="mutatedsquirrel"]

GazzaB

I used to think Crysis would be all looks with no gameplay as well, but ive read up on it, and im very excited. It sounds awesome, although sadly my PC would emplode if it tried to run it. And i doubt they will release the game with frame rate problems. They will sort that out before its release if true. And i dont live in America, but from what ive heard, you can get a really good gaming PC for like $2000, not $9000.

actually, crysis was really optimized in its alpha stage. It also ran maxed with a single core proccessor and a 7800 I think. Oh and you can actually get a pc for like $1500 thats really good and can max any thing and last you a while.

Remember, pcs are not only used for gaming. I use it for many other stuff too. So yea, instead of buying a console that costs $400-$600, why not just use that money to upgrade my pc into a gaming one. 

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 lettuceman44

*Kicks Lettuceman in a hole behind him + stab all of the other PC fanboys and throw them into a hole*

King Leonidas says "Noob"

KillErmarinE15
oh yea, is that a threat? You don't wanna mess with us hermits. Hmm lemme think here. OH yea, last time I checked we had more AAA titles, PC gaming is rising again, hmm, oh yea late 06 and 2007 was an amazing year. Medieval 2 Total War, Company of Heroes, Supreme Commander, Command and Conquer 3, Starcraft 2 was announced, Crysis is looking great, ArmA, World in Conflict looks great, Hellgate London just to name some games.
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 lettuceman44

mutatedsquirrel
um, did you see any videos. Crysis gameplay is looking to be like FarCry, which was an AAA game.
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 hendrix29
I do think Crysis is going to be interesting, I just don't love all these shooters. I play shooters sometimes, not all the time.