[OT] System Wars!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#101 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts

Its been altered by some random bitter mod from the original quote, but i still remember what it said, so i am happen to quote that and :D. Oblivion-Boy
lol

oh and Sony did rip sony.

*sony unveils new controller* TEh BOOmerANG!!!!THis IS tEH ControllER!!!

*nintendo unveils new controller* The amazing new motion sensing*hype growing, interest is raising, nintendo swaying crowd*

*e3 06* *sony* look at our controller!!! now it has motion sensing too, teh SIX AXIs!!!!! Nintendo TEH PWnED

see, sony ripped nintendo 

Oblivion-Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Oblivion-Boy
Member since 2007 • 373 Posts

[QUOTE="Oblivion-Boy"]Its been altered by some random bitter mod from the original quote, but i still remember what it said, so i am happen to quote that and :D. lettuceman44

lol

oh and Sony did rip sony.

*sony unveils new controller* TEh BOOmerANG!!!!THis IS tEH ControllER!!!

*nintendo unveils new controller* The amazing new motion sensing*hype growing, interest is raising, nintendo swaying crowd*

*e3 06* *sony* look at our controller!!! now it has motion sensing too, teh SIX AXIs!!!!! Nintendo TEH PWnED

see, sony ripped nintendo 

And why do you think i care? :D

Sam-Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Sam-Jackson
Member since 2007 • 702 Posts
you should care because he just trashed something you have staunchely defended
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 hendrix29
Member since 2006 • 10960 Posts

oblivion boy, did you read what Gazza said, there's your answer about the PS3 controller.

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 lettuceman44

oblivion boy, did you read what Gazza said, there's your answer about the PS3 controller.

hendrix29
yea, and then I reinforced it. TSk Tsk Cows
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts

Okay, Oblivion boy, do you actually know what you're quoting? seriously?

Secondly, the 360 didnt copy anything from the dualshock. More like the Dreamcast. Unlike the Dualshock, the 360 has good anologue sticks that move smoothly, and which are placed nicely, and not right beside eachother.

The dualshock now all of a sudden has a home button in the center of the controller, just the same as the 360 has. It also now has triggers, just like the 360. And then the motion control was obviously put in because of the Wii.

Oh, and i have RE4 for both the GC and PS2. I dont think a Wii version where i get the privilege of holding my arm up for the duration of the game is going to make me want it.

BTW, the 'PSN is best period' quote is ridiculous. You are either an extrememly blind fanboy, or else you havent played on Xbox Live yet. 

GazzaB

When I first laid hands on my 360 controller, I noticed they had rearranged the "start" and "select" button to the exact location it's on the DUALSHOCK2, secondly they sized it towards the DUALSHOCK2, the analog sticks on the PS controllers are awesome, and because they're beside eachother, you can actually be more precise with in-game controlls(that's IF you got the motor skills), I don't know if you've seen the PS3 triggers, but they're nothing like the 360's triggers. The Home button is only there because controllers went wireless, and like having the "start" and "select" buttons in the middle of your controller, it's only logical to put it right in the middle(duh).

I played XBL, and I can say IT SUCKS, the competition isn't very good, 75% of the time there's some kid screaming profanities while he's loosing, here in Europe there's a lot less LAGG on PSN then on XBL, and frankly I don't need a million variations of HEXIC HD, most of the older games in the arcade I already played on the original platform, Demo's and Trailers, just don't get me excited.

PSN has better competition, less LAGG, and the store is filling at a faster rate the XBL marketplace got filled.

And for finals Resistance IS the best console FPS ever.

Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Nene33

you should care because he just trashed something you have staunchely defendedSam-Jackson

Oblivion-boy defended the PS3?

ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts
[QUOTE="Oblivion-Boy"][QUOTE="Oblivion-Boy"][QUOTE="GazzaB"][QUOTE="Oblivion-Boy"][QUOTE="Oblivion-Boy"]

[QUOTE="Nene33"]PS3 has a real lack of games at the moment. The controller is a rip off of the Wiimote. The lack of Rumble really sucks. The online component is far below Xbox Live, and cows in general are annoying ****sNene33

:D:D:D

I repeat.... :D:D:D

:D j/k 

Need i say it again? Oh well - One more for good luck :D:D:D!

Incase anyone forgot :D.

:evil:Stop abusing my pirated quote!!:evil:

I love the PS3, and it's got plenty games, and PSN is the best period.:D

There really are only two PS3 fans on here and one of them is an idiot (oblivionboy). The other one is an regular PS3 owner given the task to defend the PS3 in a world ruled by 360 (Nene). I know how that's like as I had a similiar task last gen, my advice is: just give it up. If Sony is only half the company that Microsoft is then they won't give up and keep on supporting there garbade can.

I'm sure that the PS3 will be around for a number of years and that Sony (if they keep supporting it) will bribe companies to release games for it aswell. You won't get all good games as Microsoft is filty rich and can convince companies to make games console exclusive for 360. Which they coudn't do lasty gen as the xbox didn't sell enough compared to the other companies.

On a side note, xbox live is amazing. Because of it's monthly fees Microsoft keeps on updating it an keeps it clean and save. PSN isn't so save or reliable and will prebably crash if a million people would go online at the same time (good for Sony that that won't ever happen)

My theory on the console was is that who ever is the first to get a above average console on the market will win the console war. Last gen the xbox was a lot better then the PS2 in terms of graphic performance. Yet few games used this as the market leader coudn't handle it. The PS3 will suffer the same fate. ALso, due to mircosoft being the first on the market, it's game archive is bigger then that of the competition. Mainstream gamers will see this when they enter gaming stores and decide to buy a 360. It's sales will increase, the number of games in delopment will increase and this will go on forever (till next gen ofcourse).

ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 ronnet

I forgot to give the point of my little non-fiction story. In short, even if the PS3 is twice as powerfull as the 360 (which is isn't) then it still coudn't win the console war because of the reasons I've given.

P.S. Oblivionboy is still an idiot. And yes to Nene, Oblivionboy is attempting to defend the PS3 but isn't very succesfull. He would be if he would read what other have to say. Instead he keeps on quoting an anti PS3 quote and by that undoing all your hard work.

Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Nene33

Wow, you have a great Epic writing style, very impressive.

By the way, I would like my 360 too(the games, XBL still doesn't impress me), if I could only find one that wouldn't break down on me. Cause after all::arrow:  My heart's big enough for all the consoles and the PC.

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 lettuceman44
[QUOTE="Nene33"][QUOTE="Oblivion-Boy"][QUOTE="Oblivion-Boy"][QUOTE="GazzaB"][QUOTE="Oblivion-Boy"][QUOTE="Oblivion-Boy"]

[QUOTE="Nene33"]PS3 has a real lack of games at the moment. The controller is a rip off of the Wiimote. The lack of Rumble really sucks. The online component is far below Xbox Live, and cows in general are annoying ****sronnet

:D:D:D

I repeat.... :D:D:D

:D j/k

Need i say it again? Oh well - One more for good luck :D:D:D!

Incase anyone forgot :D.

:evil:Stop abusing my pirated quote!!:evil:

I love the PS3, and it's got plenty games, and PSN is the best period.:D

There really are only two PS3 fans on here and one of them is an idiot (oblivionboy). The other one is an regular PS3 owner given the task to defend the PS3 in a world ruled by 360 (Nene). I know how that's like as I had a similiar task last gen, my advice is: just give it up. If Sony is only half the company that Microsoft is then they won't give up and keep on supporting there garbade can.

I'm sure that the PS3 will be around for a number of years and that Sony (if they keep supporting it) will bribe companies to release games for it aswell. You won't get all good games as Microsoft is filty rich and can convince companies to make games console exclusive for 360. Which they coudn't do lasty gen as the xbox didn't sell enough compared to the other companies.

On a side note, xbox live is amazing. Because of it's monthly fees Microsoft keeps on updating it an keeps it clean and save. PSN isn't so save or reliable and will prebably crash if a million people would go online at the same time (good for Sony that that won't ever happen)

My theory on the console was is that who ever is the first to get a above average console on the market will win the console war. Last gen the xbox was a lot better then the PS2 in terms of graphic performance. Yet few games used this as the market leader coudn't handle it. The PS3 will suffer the same fate. ALso, due to mircosoft being the first on the market, it's game archive is bigger then that of the competition. Mainstream gamers will see this when they enter gaming stores and decide to buy a 360. It's sales will increase, the number of games in delopment will increase and this will go on forever (till next gen ofcourse).

The world will be ruled by Wii..................
Oblivion-Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Oblivion-Boy

Thanks for those comments Ronnet.

All this proves to me is that 360 owners are insecure about the PS3's prowess. Just like microsoft and why they are bringing out the elite. The reason i act by just replying with a simple :D is because all i can see are the 360 owners stressing over which system is better. I can feel better about knowing my system is better than having to prove it to everyone...

And calling me an idiot is just not nice! :D Insecurities....

Sam-Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Sam-Jackson
Member since 2007 • 702 Posts
if you call defending a system "insecurities" than PS3 owners are even more "insecure" than 360 owners.  we have all the halos, gears of war, prey, farcry,lost planet, shivering isles, bioshock,and an amazing online system.  PS3 has resistance.   oops, sorry about that, those insecurities are kicking in again.
Insane00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#114 Insane00
Member since 2003 • 1267 Posts

Well my dears, I guess it's time for another PS3 owner to defend his system, especially in a land with so many 360 fanboys.

First off, let me say that I could care less which system is "better" that has nothing to do with why I own a ps3, so I'm not really a fanboy (I am a little, but I also have a brain).The fact is that every single game that has been listed on this forum (except Oblivion and Fable) I could care less about. I don't like FPS's, I don't like mindless action, I like good stories and gameplay that is connected with that story. I believe that Sony caters (sp?) to my preferences more than Microsoft and for that reason alone I bought a ps3. So, as far as how many great games the 360 has, well it's been out for over a year and it has one game I want, while this fall four games I want (three of which were originally slated as PS3 exclusives, no longer since it lacks the user base) are all coming out on the ps3. If it takes the ps3 to get into the market for developers to make games I want, then more power to them.

Next, aside from the motion control (which I personally think is useless and just Sony trying to make up for the fact that they couldn't use the rumble feature, darn legal battles) the ps3 controller is a blatant rip off of..., the dualshock ps2 controller. Anyone who says otherwise has not used both. But still it isn't hard to see, they're practically identical. Both controllers work perfectly fine, I have never had a problem with the smoothness of control, and they are quite sensitive, enough for decent precision. And anyone who thinks sticking a button in the middle of the controller to turn it on is a rip of of MS, well, where the heck else are they gonna put a button that turns on and off the system (among other things) than right in the freaking middle of the controller, I mean it's kinda dumb to put it anywhere else. (By the way, the triggers have always been on the controller, they just gave them a little more space).

My last point is simple, I have yet to hear anyone say that Oblivion (which is why we're here after all) looks better on the 360 than it does on a ps3, but have heard a number of people say the opposite. I'm sure someone will correct me now that I have said this, but even in this thread, not one person at the time of my writing this said flatly, "Oblivion has better graphics on the 360." Again, I haven't played th 360 version, but I have read multiple times that the ps3 version looks better.

Yes, Sony has pushed itself hard and made some mistakes, but remember, Sony at least, had over 200 million users on the ps2 (and the ps2 still sold better in the Jan-Mar quarter than the 360). I don't know how many X-Box had, but my point is that this generation has yet to see anything near those kinds of numbers for console sales, so before all the ps3 haters shout for joy, I would reccomend prudence and patience. The real outcome will not be understood for at least another year, and then we may find that while 600 bucks is a lot of money, well just look at how well the ps3 did in europe, and its more expensive there.

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 lettuceman44

All this proves to me is that 360 owners are insecure about the PS3's prowess. Just like microsoft and why they are bringing out the elite. The reason i act by just replying with a simple :D is because all i can see are the 360 owners stressing over which system is better. I can feel better about knowing my system is better than having to prove it to everyone...

Oblivion-Boy
ok, so that means everyone is insecure about the Wii, so the Wii is the best.
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 lettuceman44

Well my dears, I guess it's time for another PS3 owner to defend his system, especially in a land with so many 360 fanboys.

First off, let me say that I could care less which system is "better" that has nothing to do with why I own a ps3, so I'm not really a fanboy (I am a little, but I also have a brain).The fact is that every single game that has been listed on this forum (except Oblivion and Fable) I could care less about. I don't like FPS's, I don't like mindless action, I like good stories and gameplay that is connected with that story. I believe that Sony caters (sp?) to my preferences more than Microsoft and for that reason alone I bought a ps3. So, as far as how many great games the 360 has, well it's been out for over a year and it has one game I want, while this fall four games I want (three of which were originally slated as PS3 exclusives, no longer since it lacks the user base) are all coming out on the ps3. If it takes the ps3 to get into the market for developers to make games I want, then more power to them.

Next, aside from the motion control (which I personally think is useless and just Sony trying to make up for the fact that they couldn't use the rumble feature, darn legal battles) the ps3 controller is a blatant rip off of..., the dualshock ps2 controller. Anyone who says otherwise has not used both. But still it isn't hard to see, they're practically identical. Both controllers work perfectly fine, I have never had a problem with the smoothness of control, and they are quite sensitive, enough for decent precision. And anyone who thinks sticking a button in the middle of the controller to turn it on is a rip of of MS, well, where the heck else are they gonna put a button that turns on and off the system (among other things) than right in the freaking middle of the controller, I mean it's kinda dumb to put it anywhere else. (By the way, the triggers have always been on the controller, they just gave them a little more space).

My last point is simple, I have yet to hear anyone say that Oblivion (which is why we're here after all) looks better on the 360 than it does on a ps3, but have heard a number of people say the opposite. I'm sure someone will correct me now that I have said this, but even in this thread, not one person at the time of my writing this said flatly, "Oblivion has better graphics on the 360." Again, I haven't played th 360 version, but I have read multiple times that the ps3 version looks better.

Yes, Sony has pushed itself hard and made some mistakes, but remember, Sony at least, had over 200 million users on the ps2 (and the ps2 still sold better in the Jan-Mar quarter than the 360). I don't know how many X-Box had, but my point is that this generation has yet to see anything near those kinds of numbers for console sales, so before all the ps3 haters shout for joy, I would reccomend prudence and patience. The real outcome will not be understood for at least another year, and then we may find that while 600 bucks is a lot of money, well just look at how well the ps3 did in europe, and its more expensive there.

Insane00

200 million users? WHAt?  no, more like 100 mil. Oh and IM not a 360 fanboy.

btw,Im a pc gamer and nintendo gamer, but that doesnt mean im goin around makin fun of other consoles for no reason just incase you think im a 360 person

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 hendrix29
look, we don't need other people flaming others in this thread. This isn't mindless attacking so cut it out whoever is calling Oblivion-Boy an idiot, or calling names. Simply debate the consoles and stop acting like fanboys. Now for Insane00, at the moment 360 has more story driven games coming out and out then the PS3. For example, Oblivion, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Trusty Bell, Too Human, Halo 3(yes there is a good story), and Fable 2 all look to be more story driven(I guess with the exception of Halo 3). So, just remember what the 360 has next time.
Insane00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Insane00

200 million users? WHAt? no, more like 100 mil. Oh and IM not a 360 fanboy.

btw,Im a pc gamer and nintendo gamer, but that doesnt mean im goin around makin fun of other consoles for no reason just incase you think im a 360 person

lettuceman44

Ok, my bad, I just looked up the numbers, 103.63 million ps2's were sold, vs. X-Box's 24 million, that was my point. Only 17.4 million consoles have been sold in this generation so there's a lot more people out there waiting to buy a new console.

And I was refering to the people in this discussion in general. I don't have the time or the energy to keep track of who is a "fanboy" I used the comment as a broad generalization of a whole that has many more 360 fans than ps3 fans. And like I said, I'm not really a fanboy either. I would happily buy a 360 if I saw that it supported more games that I would like to play. Ultimately though, I could care less which system anyone supports (my brother is an adamant X-Bot for goodness sake, and its not like we don't get along).

Insane00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Insane00

look, we don't need other people flaming others in this thread. This isn't mindless attacking so cut it out whoever is calling Oblivion-Boy an idiot, or calling names. Simply debate the consoles and stop acting like fanboys. Now for Insane00, at the moment 360 has more story driven games coming out and out then the PS3. For example, Oblivion, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Trusty Bell, Too Human, Halo 3(yes there is a good story), and Fable 2 all look to be more story driven(I guess with the exception of Halo 3). So, just remember what the 360 has next time.hendrix29

I still don't like FPS's, and from that list, only Oblivion and Lost Odyssey strike my fancy (I have Oblivion already for the ps3). I think Namco make lousy RPG's, I was so dissappointed with the first Fable that I have no interest in the second, and the rest of the games you listed don't have one feature that makes them stand out to me. They are all look like your average, run of the mill, mediocre games someones trying to make a buck at I may be wrong, but thats what I got from the previews I read.

I don't have a bottomless wallet, so unless a game is really, really good, unique, or it's part of a series I'm a fan of (Final Fantasy, MGS, Grand Theft Auto) I don't have the time or money to worry about it. Maybe my purchase was poorly done, but at least I should be able to guarantee getting some of the games I'm really excited about.

Fratinside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#120 Fratinside
Member since 2005 • 535 Posts
Xbox 360 and the PC all the way. PS3 sucks no offense and Wii is also awesome :D
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#121 julian_jr
Member since 2007 • 83416 Posts
From what I have heard, the wii gets boring quickly.
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 hendrix29

[QUOTE="hendrix29"]look, we don't need other people flaming others in this thread. This isn't mindless attacking so cut it out whoever is calling Oblivion-Boy an idiot, or calling names. Simply debate the consoles and stop acting like fanboys. Now for Insane00, at the moment 360 has more story driven games coming out and out then the PS3. For example, Oblivion, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Trusty Bell, Too Human, Halo 3(yes there is a good story), and Fable 2 all look to be more story driven(I guess with the exception of Halo 3). So, just remember what the 360 has next time.Insane00

I still don't like FPS's, and from that list, only Oblivion and Lost Odyssey strike my fancy (I have Oblivion already for the ps3). I think Namco make lousy RPG's, I was so dissappointed with the first Fable that I have no interest in the second, and the rest of the games you listed don't have one feature that makes them stand out to me. They are all look like your average, run of the mill, mediocre games someones trying to make a buck at I may be wrong, but thats what I got from the previews I read.

I don't have a bottomless wallet, so unless a game is really, really good, unique, or it's part of a series I'm a fan of (Final Fantasy, MGS, Grand Theft Auto) I don't have the time or money to worry about it. Maybe my purchase was poorly done, but at least I should be able to guarantee getting some of the games I'm really excited about.

besides GTA, those games are exclusive to PS3, so I guess your purchase was justified, it's just always nice to make a change like I did when I got 360, since I get bored of the same game franchises.

Oblivion-Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Oblivion-Boy

From what I have heard, the wii gets boring quickly.julian_jr

It does... My friend got one for christmas, 2 weeks later he wanted to sell it.

ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 ronnet

Oblivion-Boy

I think the PS3 needs more then a simple :D and it's a good thing that Nene is doing that, it's a system war thread after all. As far as I know flaming is allowed in a system war thread but I'd stop doing that if I have to. I too know that my system is the better one but the point of this thread is to prove that to the others, and you aren't doing that.

The thing is, do you still not realize why I called you an idiot? I suggest you start rereading the system war thread and find out why. Even Nene was suprized you were supporting the PS3 since you  :D was helping us 360 owners.

I don't always feel like posting in the system war thread but when I do I always make sure my story adds something to the whole 360 front. You just quote every positive PS3 message. You aren't really helping the PS3 side (especially not with the message you have been quoting). It feels as if you have nothing positive to say about it.

If this was a real war, Nene and me would be fighting each other on the front. You would be behind 5 walls supporting Nene by smiling at him.

P.S. xbox live just got better with the new update. Downloads go faster and I especially like being able to use instant messanger. Now I can confince future 360 owners that are thinking of buying a PS3 while playing Oblivion!

ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ronnet

[QUOTE="julian_jr"]From what I have heard, the wii gets boring quickly.Oblivion-Boy

It does... My friend got one for christmas, 2 weeks later he wanted to sell it.

Something me and Oblivionboy agree on! When the originality of the Wii controller is gone then all that is left is a console with last gen graphics. Also the 360 and PS3 are sharing a big part of their games and will have a bigger game selection then the Wii. For me the Wii isn't really a main console, it's a little extra. I think it's that way for all in this board as we either have a good PC, 360 or PS3 to play Oblivion. I was planning on buying a Wii as it was so cheap (same reason why I bought a Nintendo DS). But no good games seem to be arriving for it, and I can't see one in the future that I like either. I will eventually buy a Wii and I think more people will. So in the end the Wii might have the most sales but it's not as if it's the best out there. I think the Wii will have the same fate as the PSP. lots of sales but only twice as much games sold as there are consoles.

Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Nene33
I love my Wii, I've been playing Madden for months, it never bores me.
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Nene33

I think the PS3 needs more then a simple :D and it's a good thing that Nene is doing that, it's a system war thread after all. As far as I know flaming is allowed in a system war thread but I'd stop doing that if I have to. I too know that my system is the better one but the point of this thread is to prove that to the others, and you aren't doing that.

The thing is, do you still not realize why I called you an idiot? I suggest you start rereading the system war thread and find out why. Even Nene was suprized you were supporting the PS3 since you  :D was helping us 360 owners.

I don't always feel like posting in the system war thread but when I do I always make sure my story adds something to the whole 360 front. You just quote every positive PS3 message. You aren't really helping the PS3 side (especially not with the message you have been quoting). It feels as if you have nothing positive to say about it.

If this was a real war, Nene and me would be fighting each other on the front. You would be behind 5 walls supporting Nene by smiling at him.

P.S. xbox live just got better with the new update. Downloads go faster and I especially like being able to use instant messanger. Now I can confince future 360 owners that are thinking of buying a PS3 while playing Oblivion!

ronnet

You've been poaching, future PS3 gamers?(Man, that's hardcore guerilla fighting)

And yeah, I figured Oblivion-boy was fighting me.

I still feel the PS3 is outclassing the 360 in every category, most importantly in the fun department, because I don't have to worry about the Hardware breaking down(I'm a little frustrated, because the repairs are takin' pretty long this time), I'm not really into the whole IM thing, so still XBL doesn't impress me, however the whole poaching of future PS3 gamers does.

Insane00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Insane00

besides GTA, those games are exclusive to PS3, so I guess your purchase was justified, it's just always nice to make a change like I did when I got 360, since I get bored of the same game franchises.

hendrix29

Totally! I'm still into the game franchises that got me into gaming, but I understand the need for a change.  And who knows, in ten years  I may not even consider  whatever system Sony developes. But ultimately, I hope the competition in the market continues, 'cause as everyone tries to outdo one another, it means that we the gamers get better tech, games, and quality. I really don't want anyone to lose this generation of gaming so we don't lose that competition.

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#129 GazzaB
Member since 2004 • 27139 Posts
[QUOTE="ronnet"]

The thing is, do you still not realize why I called you an idiot? I suggest you start rereading the system war thread and find out why. Even Nene was suprized you were supporting the PS3 since you :D was helping us 360 owners.

Nene33

You've been poaching, future PS3 gamers?(Man, that's hardcore guerilla fighting)

And yeah, I figured Oblivion-boy was fighting me.

I still feel the PS3 is outclassing the 360 in every category, most importantly in the fun department, because I don't have to worry about the Hardware breaking down(I'm a little frustrated, because the repairs are takin' pretty long this time), I'm not really into the whole IM thing, so still XBL doesn't impress me, however the whole poaching of future PS3 gamers does.

You're the minority in having a broken 360. Mine still works from launch, as does my brothers and two friends. Most of the time when people go "OMG! MY 7th 360 HAS JUST ESPLODED!", its usually just a cow trying to stir up trouble.

Anyway, small percentage of hardware failures aside, the 360 is outclassing the PS3. The 360 has far more games than it. The PS3 currently has 1 AAA game here on GS. The 360 has 5. The only AAA game the PS3 has is Oblivion, which btw, the 360 and PC players got to play and probably beat a year ago. The 360 also has a hell of a lot more AA games than the PS3, and hey, why do we buy consoles? For good games obviously.

You saying that PSN is better than XBL is just ridiculous. Your completely on your own with this statement. Any smart games journalist or whatever that is being payed by Sony will tell you that PSN has a lot of catching up to do. You saying that XBL lags is all your fault. Its nothing to do with the service. I live in Europe dude, and actually dont have that fast of a connection, and yet i never get any lag. So youre either making that up or...well i know your making that up.

Halo 2 is still pwning Resistence online because its a better game, and its an Xbox game! Gears also pwns it online (even though im not a fan). Fact is, Resistence got an 8.6 for a reason, as did Gears get 9.6 and Halo 2 get 9.4 for reasons. Just wait till Halo 3 comes out. Thats something to get excited about, not Home.

Fact is, XBL is easier to navigate through, has ALOT more content in terms of videos, trailers, demos etc. It also lag free, unless theres a problem with your connection, and has excellent features like friends lists, gamer pics, voice chat, private messaging, achievements.... Sure its all been done on the PC or whatever, but with XBL, is integrated so well. Its just a fantastic service.

You pay those £40 a year for a reason. Theres also a reason PSN in free.  

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 lettuceman44
I admit, the games I really want arnt on the Wii right now, so it does fade away quickly. But when brawl comes out with online, I will never sleep again lol
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 hendrix29

I admit, the games I really want arnt on the Wii right now, so it does fade away quickly. But when brawl comes out with online, I will never sleep again lollettuceman44

lol, that will definitley be pretty awesome. I hope they hurry up with it though. Is anyone excited for that Nights game?

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 GazzaB

[QUOTE="lettuceman44"]I admit, the games I really want arnt on the Wii right now, so it does fade away quickly. But when brawl comes out with online, I will never sleep again lolhendrix29

lol, that will definitley be pretty awesome. I hope they hurry up with it though. Is anyone excited for that Nights game?

Im kinda excited because of its relations with Sonic, but i havent played the Nights game. 

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 hendrix29
[QUOTE="hendrix29"]

[QUOTE="lettuceman44"]I admit, the games I really want arnt on the Wii right now, so it does fade away quickly. But when brawl comes out with online, I will never sleep again lolGazzaB

Im kinda excited because of its relations with Sonic, but i havent played the Nights game. 

neither have I, is it some sort of platformer?

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 lettuceman44

[QUOTE="lettuceman44"]I admit, the games I really want arnt on the Wii right now, so it does fade away quickly. But when brawl comes out with online, I will never sleep again lolhendrix29

I think it was Kojhima, but not sure. They tried Brawl and said that brawl feels very complete and if it is released  now it will sell millions. ANd that is now, wait until it comes out, oh.

AND THEN SPORE, SPORE, SPORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!was DELAYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts
^i was so upset when i found out. spore looks great, and its delayed :(
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Nene33

You're the minority in having a broken 360. Mine still works from launch, as does my brothers and two friends. Most of the time when people go "OMG! MY 7th 360 HAS JUST ESPLODED!", its usually just a cow trying to stir up trouble.

Anyway, small percentage of hardware failures aside, the 360 is outclassing the PS3. The 360 has far more games than it. The PS3 currently has 1 AAA game here on GS. The 360 has 5. The only AAA game the PS3 has is Oblivion, which btw, the 360 and PC players got to play and probably beat a year ago. The 360 also has a hell of a lot more AA games than the PS3, and hey, why do we buy consoles? For good games obviously.

You saying that PSN is better than XBL is just ridiculous. Your completely on your own with this statement. Any smart games journalist or whatever that is being payed by Sony will tell you that PSN has a lot of catching up to do. You saying that XBL lags is all your fault. Its nothing to do with the service. I live in Europe dude, and actually dont have that fast of a connection, and yet i never get any lag. So youre either making that up or...well i know your making that up.

Halo 2 is still pwning Resistence online because its a better game, and its an Xbox game! Gears also pwns it online (even though im not a fan). Fact is, Resistence got an 8.6 for a reason, as did Gears get 9.6 and Halo 2 get 9.4 for reasons. Just wait till Halo 3 comes out. Thats something to get excited about, not Home.

Fact is, XBL is easier to navigate through, has ALOT more content in terms of videos, trailers, demos etc. It also lag free, unless theres a problem with your connection, and has excellent features like friends lists, gamer pics, voice chat, private messaging, achievements.... Sure its all been done on the PC or whatever, but with XBL, is integrated so well. Its just a fantastic service.

You pay those £40 a year for a reason. Theres also a reason PSN in free.  

GazzaB

First of, don't call me a liar, because I'm not, my 2nd 360 has broken down(like the first one), and the repairs are taking a long time. (I did everything right, I followed the instructions in the booklet and the online knowledge base instructions, and still they broke down.)

The PS3 is filling it's game library a lot faster then the 360 did, and a couple of those AAA games are in my eyes overrated, the PS3 is gonna have a lot better offering before this years over(this discussion isn't really relevant, because the PS3 is clearly at it's start up, since the European release it's gaining ground fast, so this issue is dissapearing as we speak).

The XBL lag isn't my fault, my setup is good, every other online service I use doesn't give me lag, so that's nonsense. And again,STOP CALLING ME A LIAR!!! I like the PSN, and the navigation is pretty self explanatory, the game support is great, I like the online store, the webbrowser is easy to work with, so give me some concrete reasons why PSN isn't that good, because all I hear is "other people will tell you PSN isn't there yet", well, I say it is, the store will start filling up a little more soon, and it's just a super sollid product.

Halo 2 is a miserable game, and I know not a lot of people agree with me, but Halo 2 is like NETBALL to Resistance beeing BASKETBALL, it lacks gritt,the storyline doesn't appeal to me, the shoot-outs aren't earth-shattering enough, all in all it's not dirty enough. Resistance is an Oldschool shooter, which does give all those thing, online Resistance rules, it supports up to 40 players, it has a lot of game-types, it's in my opinion a game in the line of Quake, Unreal, SoF and Half-life, in one word AMAZING.

By the way, you're not taking the Gamespot ratings too seriously are you, they always score 360 exclussives high, and they're always bashing PS games.

Fact, PSN is EASY to navigate through, Content is gaining ground rapidly, and will surpass XBL before 2008 is over. XBL isn't lag free, my connection setup is good(PSN works like a charm, XBL doesn't). PSN has most of the same features like the Friends List, It has the Gamer pics, voice chat is comming, private messaging already active, Resistance has in-game war decorations(which is way cooler then the Xbox achievements system).

And the PSN is free, and IT'S BETTER!!!

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 hendrix29

yup, always score 360 games too high right. Is it because gamespot is TEH BIAS@!@!!!!

Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Nene33

Shooters on the 360 are oldschool and great, when an oldschool shooter comes out on any PS, it's "nothing new" and "it's been done", games that get the exact same score in GS's 5 categories, will get a higher average on 360 then on PS. It's a fact 360 titles get extra points simply for beeing 360 titles.

Guitar Hero II, get's the same average over the 5 categories on both the PS2 and the 360, yet the 360 gets +.2, this is measurable data, data doesn't lie. If they found the 360 version to be better, they should've given it a higher grade in one of the six categories. The difficulty scaling is the same on the 360 and PS2, which gets no mention in the 360 review, but does count against the PS2 version, which isn't right.

God of War II and Motorstorm are scoring great in every cat. except Value, the other cat. make up the value, unless the reviewer has a whole different scaling on which he creates the overall rating, he's WRONG!!

Resistance, I mean are you kidding me, this game IS the ressurection of THE great oldschool shooter, the visual style is great, the game looks dirty and dusty(warzones actually look that way too), gameplay unoriginal(it's an FPS, it's gonna play like an FPS, what did you expect??), the controlls are precise and accurate, the engine runs smooth and fast, the storyline is compelling and well worked out. The sound is excellent, I don't know what this guy's setup was, but it's great, it's intense. I mean this guy uses a couple of vague refferences to grade this game down, I mean, at least substanciate the ratings you give.

The Good and Bad things tend to differ too much to, because identical games, have identical good things and identical bad things.

waco219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 waco219
Member since 2007 • 618 Posts
Guitar Hero had to be plus .2 in something because they felt it was better, and it was. I think it was under value, and if you look at that it makes a lot of sense because the game adds a new guitar, ten new songs, achievements, and leaderboards. Which certainly is better value.
swordmast885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 swordmast885
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts
II've got to say, I love my Wii, but it's started to collect a little dust. There just aren't enough good games coming out for it. The 360 has been getting all the good games and is in use constantly. I have no intention of buying a PS3, not for a while anyway. So I'd say best system for games and fun is the 360 fot right now.
GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 GazzaB

Nene, the first rule of SW is, Gamespot rankings are the ones that count. So dont go "OMG, teh gS is biased!" Because i couldnt care less.

Fact is, the 350 has alot more games, and alot more better games out at the minute than the PS3. I dont care if it had a year head start, im telling you how it is right now. And the 360 has alot of great looking games coming out between now and the end of 2007. PS3 owners cant wait for MGS4, and while that will be good, its no system seller. Halo 3 on the other hand is a mega system seller. At the minute, the PS3 is getting destroyed by the Wii in Japan where last generation it dominated! whats going on? And dont bring up the fact that 360 is selling over there. Its nothing new. The Xbox brand has always flopped in Japan.

Anyway, i want you to tell me why PSN is better than Xbox Live. Now you cant bring up the lag argument, because it doesnt lag for me or the other 5 million odd users. And ill just let you know this first: XBL has far far far more content on it than PSN (Why is it multiplat demos, take Area 51, are only being released on XBL and not PSN?) XBL has alot more users than PSN. XBL has more features than PSN. XBL is alot easier to use than PSN.

When you play a game in XBL, you can push the guide button  and immediately your universal friends list is there, you messages etc. What do you do on PSN? Does PSN even have a universal friends list? 

Avatar image for serginhoeduardo
serginhoeduardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#142 serginhoeduardo
Member since 2006 • 925 Posts

Now, to protect myself, being about a page behind in everything...

I'M A NINTENDO 64 FANBOY! NOT A XBOX 360 ONE. *Though the Xbox is a really good system*

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 lettuceman44
PS3 fanboys and their retarded arguments. TEH PSN TEH PWNES!!!!!!!!!!
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 hendrix29
does anyone know if the Halo 3 4 million preorders figure is true... because I haven't preordered yet...
vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts
idk, i think its still unconfirmed, but its amazing still.
GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 GazzaB
I wouldnt be surprised if theres 3-4 million preorders already, especially with the different editions (Have my legendary preordered already8) ) But i doubt that there are 3-4 million preorders just with Gamestop alone which is what i read.
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 hendrix29

I wouldnt be surprised if theres 3-4 million preorders already, especially with the different editions (Have my legendary preordered already8) ) But i doubt that there are 3-4 million preorders just with Gamestop alone which is what i read.GazzaB

yeah, that sounds bogus to me. I think 2-3 million preorders will be a good range, but if it's awesome(which it should be) I think it will go on to sell better than Halo 1 or 2.

Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Nene33

Nene, the first rule of SW is, Gamespot rankings are the ones that count. So dont go "OMG, teh gS is biased!" Because i couldnt care less.

Fact is, the 350 has alot more games, and alot more better games out at the minute than the PS3. I dont care if it had a year head start, im telling you how it is right now. And the 360 has alot of great looking games coming out between now and the end of 2007. PS3 owners cant wait for MGS4, and while that will be good, its no system seller. Halo 3 on the other hand is a mega system seller. At the minute, the PS3 is getting destroyed by the Wii in Japan where last generation it dominated! whats going on? And dont bring up the fact that 360 is selling over there. Its nothing new. The Xbox brand has always flopped in Japan.

Anyway, i want you to tell me why PSN is better than Xbox Live. Now you cant bring up the lag argument, because it doesnt lag for me or the other 5 million odd users. And ill just let you know this first: XBL has far far far more content on it than PSN (Why is it multiplat demos, take Area 51, are only being released on XBL and not PSN?) XBL has alot more users than PSN. XBL has more features than PSN. XBL is alot easier to use than PSN.

When you play a game in XBL, you can push the guide button  and immediately your universal friends list is there, you messages etc. What do you do on PSN? Does PSN even have a universal friends list? 

GazzaB

Fact, the best cosole FPS is Resistance, Halo 3 is for SHEEP, so it'll sell big, but is has no substance just like Halo and Halo 2 before.

The Wii is beyond the nextgen battle, it's iconic which means they trancend the whole SW's thing. And Xbox has always flopped in Japan, thanks for acknowledging that.

Did you ask the 5 million odd users about the lag, cause when I'm online I hear the lag complaint quite often, as I said about the content, it's making up ground fast(you don't care, but that doesn't make it less true), PSN is very simple to navigate(so i don't get why you keep hammering, it's hard to navigate).

Finally I have a question, do you actually own a PS3?

waco219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 waco219
Member since 2007 • 618 Posts
you have got to be kidding me, Resistance is the best console FPS. Now, that is almost pathetic. I've played Resistance at a friends, and it's solid, but it isn't amazing. You are basically stating that you're a biased fanboy, you know that right?
GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 GazzaB
[QUOTE="GazzaB"]

When you play a game in XBL, you can push the guide button and immediately your universal friends list is there, you messages etc. What do you do on PSN? Does PSN even have a universal friends list?

Nene33

Fact, the best cosole FPS is Resistance, Halo 3 is for SHEEP, so it'll sell big, but is has no substance just like Halo and Halo 2 before.

The Wii is beyond the nextgen battle, it's iconic which means they trancend the whole SW's thing. And Xbox has always flopped in Japan, thanks for acknowledging that.

Did you ask the 5 million odd users about the lag, cause when I'm online I hear the lag complaint quite often, as I said about the content, it's making up ground fast(you don't care, but that doesn't make it less true), PSN is very simple to navigate(so i don't get why you keep hammering, it's hard to navigate).

Finally I have a question, do you actually own a PS3?

How is a 8.6 rated shooter from a developer who doesnt have experience in the FPS genre  the best console shooter ever? Not only is that complete bias, but its complete foolish bias. Halo :CE gained a 9.7 here on GS, and probably scored AAA on every other bloody site in existence (couldnt be bothered checking) and to me, that is the best console shooter ever. Not because of the reviews, they just back me up, but because i managed to play through the single player campaign probably well over 50 times. No exagguaration. And the funny thing is, alot of people will agree with me. The only people can see agreeing with you are dissappointed under 10 year old cows who just lost $600 or whatever it is on a console. Halo 2, yes, is overated, but its multiplayer probably still destroys Resistence.

Japan is such a small population when compared to the rest of the world. M$ are trying so hard to pink up sales over there, and while it is working, im wondering why bother? If Japan would rather play on their DS's, then so be it. Lets concentrate on the US (which Xbox basically owns) and Europe.

And if there was such a widespread lag incident, dont you think it would be in the news? Dont you think M$ would be out there fixing it? Dont you think cows would be using it as ammunition in SW? Yeah, i do, and this is why i know there is no widespead lag incident. Sure there could be a few isolated incidents, but im guessing that has something to do with the user.

And im not sayng its hard to navigate. Im letting you know its not as easy to use as XBL. And im not just talking about navigation. Im talking about how everything is available through a few button presses, and thats what makes the experience great.

To answer your last question, i currently do not own a PS3. I was considering getting one in march, but im having too much fun on my PS2 to spend £400 on a new console. Ill wait until Christmas. And dude, dont think im defending the 360 because im an Xbox fanboy. Im only defending it because people like you actually think the PS3 is the better console at the miniute, when it isnt! If it were the other way around, id be defending the PS3.Â