[OT] System Wars!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 hendrix29
Member since 2006 • 10960 Posts
yup, after some people have been wishing for it, the system wars thread is finally up on the elder scrolls fan union. All other system wars discussion will be moderated. In this thread, you can express your views about any particular system, so prepare for a no-holds barred attitude. So, who would like to get this thing started...
Tzif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Tzif
Member since 2006 • 1235 Posts
Well, I used to love Nintendo and I had every one of their systems up until the Wii. I got disappointed with the GameCube due to the lack of good RPG and shooter games so I got a Xbox. Loved the Xbox so I got a 360 in February of this year for all of the great shooter games and of course, Oblivion. I'd have to say the 360 is my favorite and is the best system out there so far.
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 julian_jr
Member since 2007 • 83416 Posts

Well, I used to love Nintendo and I had every one of their systems up until the Wii. I got disappointed with the GameCube due to the lack of good RPG and shooter games so I got a Xbox. Loved the Xbox so I got a 360 in February of this year for all of the great shooter games and of course, Oblivion. I'd have to say the 360 is my favorite and is the best system out there so far.Tzif

I agree. The 360 has a lot of good shooters.

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hendrix29
I also like my 360 the best, however I do play my Wii on occasion, and I sometimes game on the PC. I actually like the PSP and PS2, but I'm not a big fan of the Playstation 3.
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts

are you sure this was a good idea? lol

ALL you CONSOLE NEWBS!!!!!!!!!!(cept Wii) PC FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 julian_jr
Member since 2007 • 83416 Posts
I prefer using a controller instead of a keyboard when playing something. Especially, when the game is a shooter.
ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts

I prefer using a controller instead of a keyboard when playing something. Especially, when the game is a shooter.julian_jr

Me too. I own Morrowind for PC but I want it backward compatible because in my expierence PC gaming is lesser to console gaming. Ofcourse I have to use toe PC to play some quality RTS games, but even that is about to change with the 360. Microsoft made shooters fun on consoles and now there doing it with RTS games. Ofcourse PC gamign is more accurate but that doesn't matter as long as all players involved have the same controls. The otehr great thing about the 360 is that at the moment it's the best console to buy, that can change but we don't know that. It has the greatest line up I've ever seen on a console and I can't wait for exclusive RPG games such as Mass Effect, Fable 2 and Blue Dragon. In my opinion the 360 is the best console and in my opinion consoles are superior to PC so it's the best gaming system at this moment. I'm not saying that the other consoles immediatly suck because they don't (that's fanboy talk) but for me the 360 is the best next gen console.

JediMoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8 JediMoogle
Member since 2004 • 21123 Posts

PS3 sucks. Rawr.

Anyways... :P

I like all the systems pretty much equally as long as they're worth the price *glares at PS3*, but I have to say I'm mainly a PC gamer. I am, always have been, and always will be (well probably). I play Guild Wars on a near-daily basis and also enjoy games like Counter-Strike, Half Life 2, Unreal Tournament 2004, and Morrowind (of course). Personally, I can't stand playing Morrowind's Xbox version. If you can't play the PC version, then it's great to have, but otherwise I don't see any reason to play it on Xbox. The controls are far worse and more limited. No mods of any kind. Horrible, horrible loading times for the GOTY edition. It literally takes over two minutes to load the game, initially, for the GOTY edition on Xbox. On my PC I can load the main game, both expansions, and ten major mods in about ten or eleven seconds. That's more stuff than the GOTY edition has, but it loads faster. That is pretty pathetic.

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hendrix29

I prefer using a controller instead of a keyboard when playing something. Especially, when the game is a shooter.julian_jr

I like that too, but with RTS games, it's pretty much unavoidable not to use a keyboard. I also generally like computer role-playing games a bit more, which is why I'm so excited for Dragon Age.

Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts
I like the keyboard, cause if setup right, whatever you wanna do is only one button away.
Pandamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pandamar
Member since 2006 • 732 Posts
Being both a PC gamer and a console gamer, I have to say that unless I'm playing an RTS, I prefer a controller as well. Personally, my favorite console ever is the Dreamcast. Too bad too few felt the same way.
mewantcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 mewantcookie
Member since 2005 • 10930 Posts
I find I can be much more precise (for movement anyways) with a controller. Since keyboard buttons aren't pressure switches, you're either pushing it, or you're not. With a controller, how much you push the joystick determines how much you move. That can be remedied on the pc by just buying a controller, but then I don't have all the usefulness of the other keyboard shortcuts at my (convenient) disposal. Besides that, I feel the pc is better, if only for mods. Though I can't say I won't stop console gaming, because I won't, and for that I have no further need to get anything other than my 360, though if I were to buy anything else, it'd be the Wii. I have no need for a cheap Blu-Ray player, and I really don't have any need for the most expensive gaming console that has very few games I can't get on the 360.
Tzif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tzif
In my opinion, keyboards are best for RTS games like WarCraft and Rome: Total War, while controllers are best for shooters and RPGs (Morrowind). That is, of course, only if you leave out the option of modding. 
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lettuceman44

are you kidding? controller better than mouse? do you know why Halo is such a slow paced shooter? the controller isnt precise enough to have a super fast paced game.

When I played Halo 1 on pc, it felt so slow compared to some other ones.

A guy with a mouse would pwn a guy with a controller in a shooter 

Oblivion-Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Oblivion-Boy
Member since 2007 • 373 Posts
I am Prepared for the PS3 bashing of a lifetime...
Tzif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tzif

*bashes PS3*

Hm, that didn't work...

*Unplugs PS3 to make room for my Super Nintendo*

*Opens PS3 and puts kitty litter in it for my cats*

That's better!:lol:

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hendrix29

are you kidding? controller better than mouse? do you know why Halo is such a slow paced shooter? the controller isnt precise enough to have a super fast paced game.

lettuceman44

I atleast, don't care whether the PC can pwn my controller, it simply feels better to control. Sure, I may be better with a keyboard, but I'm more than comfortable with a controller in my hands.

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lettuceman44
[QUOTE="lettuceman44"]

hendrix29

I atleast, don't care whether the PC can pwn my controller, it simply feels better to control. Sure, I may be better with a keyboard, but I'm more than comfortable with a controller in my hands.

pssh comfort who needs that ;p

yep just like system wars.

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hendrix29
[QUOTE="hendrix29"][QUOTE="lettuceman44"]

lettuceman44

pssh comfort who needs that ;p

yep just like system wars.

nah, real system wars is just like this.... TLHBO HAHAH JK LOL LMFAO AAA FLOP!!?!

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lettuceman44

No this is system wars

TEH COWS PWNED!!!!!!

PS3 A grill confirmed!!!!!!!

TEH PS3 IS TEH SUCKZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FLOP!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!! SONY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

TEH SUCKZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mewantcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mewantcookie
^Win^
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hendrix29

^Win^mewantcookie

yeah, i can't really say anything about that...

Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nene33
:evil:I'm at war with my Xbox 360, I'm trying to keep it alive, and all it wants to do is freeze. It's my 2nd 360 already, the first one froze and never unfroze, MS is cramping my fun, that's why I'm switching to a console that actually works.
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hendrix29

:evil:I'm at war with my Xbox 360, I'm trying to keep it alive, and all it wants to do is freeze. It's my 2nd 360 already, the first one froze and never unfroze, MS is cramping my fun, that's why I'm switching to a console that actually works.Nene33

how do you have your console placed?

Oblivion-Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Oblivion-Boy

:evil:I'm at war with my Xbox 360, I'm trying to keep it alive, and all it wants to do is freeze. It's my 2nd 360 already, the first one froze and never unfroze, MS is cramping my fun, that's why I'm switching to a console that actually works.Nene33

:D:D:D

ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ronnet

Next time use a second account and not your main, as you gave Fall of Men a 9.5 on this one. Here's what you have to do, create an account named Xboxrules or something like that. This gives people the idea that you enjoyed the original xbox, then give high scores to games such as halo and fable so show that you love Xbox exclusives. Then give all kinds of great 360 tittles such as GeOW a 6.5. And to finish it give some PS2 and PS3 games a bad score, not to low or you'll make the playstation look bad.

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#28 GazzaB
Member since 2004 • 27139 Posts

lettuceman44

A guy with a mouse pwning a guy with a controller is besides the point. Shooter games for consoles are built around the controller obviously. I prefer to play a shooter on the console. Its comfortable as someone said, plus you get feedback from the controller. Plus theres something real nice about firing a weapon with a trigger. That pwns just clicking a button on a mouse.

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lettuceman44

[QUOTE="mewantcookie"]^Win^hendrix29

yeah, i can't really say anything about that...

heheh yea!!!!!!! 8)
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lettuceman44
[QUOTE="lettuceman44"]

GazzaB

A guy with a mouse pwning a guy with a controller is besides the point. Shooter games for consoles are built around the controller obviously. I prefer to play a shooter on the console. Its comfortable as someone said, plus you get feedback from the controller. Plus theres something real nice about firing a weapon with a trigger. That pwns just clicking a button on a mouse.

all entitled to their opinion. I can see some of your points though. I prefet fps on pc.
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hendrix29
[QUOTE="GazzaB"][QUOTE="lettuceman44"]

lettuceman44

all entitled to their opinion. I can see some of your points though. I prefet fps on pc.

I suppose it's all a matter of preference.

Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Nene33

[QUOTE="Nene33"]:evil:I'm at war with my Xbox 360, I'm trying to keep it alive, and all it wants to do is freeze. It's my 2nd 360 already, the first one froze and never unfroze, MS is cramping my fun, that's why I'm switching to a console that actually works.hendrix29

how do you have your console placed?

I have it vertical, well ventilated, on a desk, I even have it extra far away from my other electronics(to reduce static interference). But it seems to just burn out it's chipset, it never overheated, i never even seen those red lights in real-life, it's embarrassing really, all my other consoles stand on the table with my TV, and my 360 on a special little desk, away from all the other equipment, with the Fan pointing out in space(so the heat won't linger), see what I mean, it's cramping my fun.:cry:

I've had consoles for over 20 years(my first games I had to program myself and save them on a Cassette), and I never had one break down on me.

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hendrix29
having it vertical may be the problem.
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lettuceman44
having it vertical may be the problem.hendrix29
well, I say you shouldn't have to do all this stuff to make the 360 work. MS really messed up on that. At least the early ones were messed up
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nene33

having it vertical may be the problem.hendrix29

Actually having it vertical reduces the temp. a little more than having it horizontal. I spend hours in the MS database trying to figure out what to do after my 1st one burned out, only to figure out that I had been doing everything right all along. To me it seems they just don't have their hardware in order yet.

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GazzaB
I keep mine vertical, and have had it verticle since the 360's launch. I guess it just comes down to luck really.
Oblivion-Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Oblivion-Boy

[QUOTE="Nene33"]:evil:I'm at war with my Xbox 360, I'm trying to keep it alive, and all it wants to do is freeze. It's my 2nd 360 already, the first one froze and never unfroze, MS is cramping my fun, that's why I'm switching to a console that actually works.Oblivion-Boy

I repeat.... :D:D:D

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GazzaB
[QUOTE="Oblivion-Boy"]

[QUOTE="Nene33"]PS3 has a real lack of games at the moment. The controller is a rip off of the Wiimote. The lack of Rumble really sucks. The online component is far below Xbox Live, and cows in general are annoying ****sOblivion-Boy

:D j/k 

Tzif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Tzif
The NES beats everything!
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nene33
[QUOTE="Oblivion-Boy"][QUOTE="Oblivion-Boy"]

[QUOTE="Nene33"]PS3 has a real lack of games at the moment. The controller is a rip off of the Wiimote. The lack of Rumble really sucks. The online component is far below Xbox Live, and cows in general are annoying ****sGazzaB

:evil:Alright.....who messed with my quote!:evil:

Oblivion-Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Oblivion-Boy
[QUOTE="Oblivion-Boy"][QUOTE="Oblivion-Boy"]

[QUOTE="Nene33"]PS3 has a real lack of games at the moment. The controller is a rip off of the Wiimote. The lack of Rumble really sucks. The online component is far below Xbox Live, and cows in general are annoying ****sGazzaB

Need i say it again? Oh well - One more for good luck :D:D:D!

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GazzaB
[QUOTE="GazzaB"][QUOTE="Oblivion-Boy"][QUOTE="Oblivion-Boy"]

[QUOTE="Nene33"]PS3 has a real lack of games at the moment. The controller is a rip off of the Wiimote. The lack of Rumble really sucks. The online component is far below Xbox Live, and cows in general are annoying ****sOblivion-Boy

Need i say it again? Oh well - One more for good luck :D:D:D!

Keep smiling. I completely agree with what Nene said:) *cough*self owned*cough* 

ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ronnet

To Oblivionboy,

are you that stupid?

Kind regards,

Ronnet

P.S. GazzaB you rule!

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lettuceman44

To Oblivionboy,

are you that stupid?

Kind regards,

Ronnet

P.S. GazzaB you rule!

ronnet
:lol: lol
GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GazzaB
[QUOTE="ronnet"]

To Oblivionboy,

are you that stupid?

Kind regards,

Ronnet

P.S. GazzaB you rule!

lettuceman44

ah, system wars is awesome. 

mewantcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mewantcookie
This is always good for a laugh. :P
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Nene33
[QUOTE="lettuceman44"][QUOTE="ronnet"]

To Oblivionboy,

are you that stupid?

Kind regards,

Ronnet

P.S. GazzaB you rule!

GazzaB

ah, PS3 is the worst system ever made.

I totally agree;)

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GazzaB
[QUOTE="GazzaB"][QUOTE="lettuceman44"][QUOTE="ronnet"]

To Oblivionboy,

are you that stupid?

Kind regards,

Ronnet

P.S. GazzaB you rule!

Nene33

ah, PS3 is the worst system ever made

I totally agree;)

So do i. Its a bad machine with no potential, its basically a large paperweight.

ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ronnet
GazzaB, I completly agree, I won't quote you as Nene might chance something.
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lettuceman44
[QUOTE="Nene33"][QUOTE="GazzaB"][QUOTE="lettuceman44"][QUOTE="ronnet"]

To Oblivionboy,

are you that stupid?

Kind regards,

Ronnet

P.S. GazzaB you rule!

GazzaB

ah, PS3 is the worst system ever made

I totally agree;)

So do i. Its a bad machine with no potential, its basically a large paperweight.

same here