OMG...everyone read this!!! Unions are going to die!

#201 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -
well, I wish you all the luck then.
#202 Posted by Horgen (110057 posts) -
Did as well.
#203 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -
[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"]Synthia posted this blog about moving union boards over to the new site. Quote "A message will be going out to Union leaders in the near future, but for those of you who may belong to unions that no longer have an active leader I implore you to comment on this blog if you wish your Union to be a part of the transfer." So everyone, go make a comment! :D

Unions are seriously getting transferred? Never thought this would happen. Figure GS would stick to their original no union plans.
#204 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -
So if union messages are being sent to union leaders, this means I should be getting one since I am a Leader of one.
#205 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70711 posts) -
Yeah i am expecting one also
#206 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -
unions aren't being brought over. they are sticking with their original idea of no unions, this is just for the unions that want to "survive" and get turned into public board with no leader or officers. they said from the beginning that they were planning on doing this.
#207 Posted by harry_james_pot (10581 posts) -
If you haven't seen the latest fireside chat yet, here's a screenshot of a forum thread. Reminds you of anything? :cry: [spoiler] NewGS_Forums_zps2e94bc29.png [/spoiler]
#208 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -
unions aren't being brought over. they are sticking with their original idea of no unions, this is just for the unions that want to "survive" and get turned into public board with no leader or officers. they said from the beginning that they were planning on doing this.leon2365
Good, I know its likely gonna sound cold to some, but I don't think I want this union to continue to live on. This union deserves to be wiped out for reasons that I think are best not to be discussed here.
#209 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -
[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"]If you haven't seen the latest fireside chat yet, here's a screenshot of a forum thread. Reminds you of anything? :cry: [spoiler] NewGS_Forums_zps2e94bc29.png [/spoiler]

Wait I'm confused, is this what the new forum design is gonna look like for this site? It doesn't remind me of anything, but maybe that's because I've never visited sites like Giant Bomb and IGN.
#210 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -
looks like fuse to me. as for the union's fate, it doesn't have to be deleted. it can and most likely will cross over to the new site. if it bothers you so much that the union is around at all, then you should just leave. the resign button is just 2 clicks away from ending your torment.
#211 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -
Resign Button? I never noticed or saw no Resign Button, so I have no idea what you're talking about, unless you mean Log Out.
#212 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70711 posts) -
i did not like the layout of the forum. I don't really care about the blogs and stuff like that. But the forums will look EXACTLY like giantbomb
#213 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -
Well that's not good, Giant Bomb's forums basically look as if a giant bomb from someone's rear end dropped on it and uglified it. :P
#214 Posted by TAMKFan (32730 posts) -
If you haven't seen the latest fireside chat yet, here's a screenshot of a forum thread. Reminds you of anything? :cry: [spoiler] NewGS_Forums_zps2e94bc29.png [/spoiler] harry_james_pot

I seen that too. Pretty unbelievable. I even remember hearing the forums wouldn't look that much like Giant Bomb's forums. Why can't they keep it more unique from Giant Bomb? It's just ridiculous.
#215 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70711 posts) -
i think how the forums look now is more distinctive
#216 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -
I'm really not seeing the point in this at all, this baffling lowest common denominator route strikes again and appears to just keep getting worse. Whatever happened to sticking to your own unique original ideas, instead of just trying to copy and be like some other lamer site?
#217 Posted by papermariofan57 (121950 posts) -
[QUOTE="leon2365"] unions aren't being brought over. they are sticking with their original idea of no unions, this is just for the unions that want to "survive" and get turned into public board with no leader or officers. they said from the beginning that they were planning on doing this.Toph_Girl250
Good, I know its likely gonna sound cold to some, but I don't think I want this union to continue to live on. This union deserves to be wiped out for reasons that I think are best not to be discussed here.

If you can be more selfish, go ahead. :P
#218 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -
Oh hey look everyone, someone trying to make things worse. Don't see how I was selfish with that but okay. Let me get straight to the point, we don't need things to get more ugly around here.
#219 Posted by papermariofan57 (121950 posts) -
Oh hey look everyone, someone trying to make things worse. Don't see how I was selfish with that but okay. Let me get straight to the point, we don't need things to get more ugly around here.Toph_Girl250
The simple letter that says "I" makes your post selfish. You are just thinking about yourself, and you are not even explaining why. If it is because of you of the lie you made and you think that by erasing the union will fix it, thats really unmature. 
#220 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -
go to your profile, then click on your unions list, and right inside of that little box that surrounds the picture and info for this union is a resign button. feel free to click on it if you are feeling so tormented by still being here.
#221 Posted by Noteldnep (20166 posts) -

If you haven't seen the latest fireside chat yet, here's a screenshot of a forum thread. Reminds you of anything? :cry: [spoiler] NewGS_Forums_zps2e94bc29.png [/spoiler] harry_james_pot

It does look a lot different from GS, but I have to say I myself have no problem with how that layout looks. 

#222 Posted by harry_james_pot (10581 posts) -

[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"]If you haven't seen the latest fireside chat yet, here's a screenshot of a forum thread. Reminds you of anything? :cry: [spoiler] NewGS_Forums_zps2e94bc29.png [/spoiler] Noteldnep

It does look a lot different from GS, but I have to say I myself have no problem with how that layout looks. 

They have the name and post count in the same line as the time stamp, which is horrible. And you also have to hover over the avatar to see the users level. :( Those 3 things should be moved under the avatar, like it is now. :(
#223 Posted by TAMKFan (32730 posts) -
Yeah, I don't like that about it either. Why can't they make it more different from Giant Bomb's forums?
#224 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (23821 posts) -
Yeah, I don't like that about it either. Why can't they make it more different from Giant Bomb's forums?TAMKFan
You can always post about it in the Site Enhancements & Feedback forum. I don't like how the new forums look, either.
#225 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -
[QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"]Oh hey look everyone, someone trying to make things worse. Don't see how I was selfish with that but okay. Let me get straight to the point, we don't need things to get more ugly around here.papermariofan57
The simple letter that says "I" makes your post selfish. You are just thinking about yourself, and you are not even explaining why. If it is because of you of the lie you made and you think that by erasing the union will fix it, thats really unmature. 

No really its not so much that, I will say that there's at least one other reason, but I prefer leaving it at that. If it still sounds selfish though then I'm sorry, I really don't know what else to say here.
#226 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -

[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"]If you haven't seen the latest fireside chat yet, here's a screenshot of a forum thread. Reminds you of anything? :cry: [spoiler] NewGS_Forums_zps2e94bc29.png [/spoiler] Noteldnep

I think this may be one of those "some people will be able to get used to it and stick around, while others possibly not so much" scenarios.
#227 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70711 posts) -

I'm really not seeing the point in this at all, this baffling lowest common denominator route strikes again and appears to just keep getting worse. Whatever happened to sticking to your own unique original ideas, instead of just trying to copy and be like some other lamer site?Toph_Girl250

yeah exactly 

#228 Posted by Noteldnep (20166 posts) -

I think this may be one of those "some people will be able to get used to it and stick around, while others possibly not so much" scenarios.Toph_Girl250

I think so, I'll say that I have much more of a problem with GS taking away unions as they are and converting them into public boards, which will cause them to lose all unique positives that cause them to stand out from regular forums. 

#229 Posted by TAMKFan (32730 posts) -
It has been confirmed recently that former unions will not be listed in the main forums page. However, it looks like this union will need a new Leader before the new site goes live after all. It makes me wonder about that blog Synthia made.
#230 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -
leader and officer positions will not carry over to the new site.
#231 Posted by wis3boi (31118 posts) -
[QUOTE="Noteldnep"]

[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"]If you haven't seen the latest fireside chat yet, here's a screenshot of a forum thread. Reminds you of anything? :cry: [spoiler]   [/spoiler] harry_james_pot

They have the name and post count in the same line as the time stamp, which is horrible. And you also have to hover over the avatar to see the users level. :( Those 3 things should be moved under the avatar, like it is now. :(

whoever designed it seems like an unpaid web dev 101 intern

#232 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -
could be. seems likely.
#233 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70711 posts) -
I have no idea why they don't listen to their freaking userbase. Their most loyal and probably most active part of their userbase
#234 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -
because we are the "1%" in this situation.
#235 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70711 posts) -

because we are the "1%" in this situation. leon2365

In which type of context this is hasn't been clear. How many unions are active? If you subtract them, how many % you get? How about the users in these unions? How many % do they contribute to the site? 

#236 Posted by wis3boi (31118 posts) -

I have no idea why they don't listen to their freaking userbase. Their most loyal and probably most active part of their userbaseThe_Last_Ride

this is the same site where most of the mods doing the bulk of forum work like reports, don even use the boards they mod

#237 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -
tell that to gamespot. see if they listen.
#238 Posted by super600 (30313 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]I have no idea why they don't listen to their freaking userbase. Their most loyal and probably most active part of their userbasewis3boi

this is the same site where most of the mods doing the bulk of forum work like reports, don even use the boards they mod

I am active on thr boards.
#239 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

Looks 100% like Giant Bomb...what a pile of f***ing s***, this is the best they could do???

Where's the originality GS, did you flush it away or something? If it weren't for the GS logo on top I would seriously think it's GB, no lie. I should had known it'll have the exact same layout as soon as I seen the GB-like homepage and profile earlier.

I have said my time will decrease on here days before the changes were announced, and with these changes it'll be a lot more to being drastic even. Well, looks like I made perfect timing to decide when not to use this site much anymore because even with all the good changes there's plenty of bad ones and the main fact that I wanted to decrease my time off here anyways and these changes are helping along with a new and more strict TOU that's coming with the redesign as well.

This year alone I had joined around 10 sites that have occupied my time and more so in the future. This would also be a great time to get back into online gaming more since I was on month after month of breaks from it. GTA Online and BF4 beta next week would be a great start.

Let me get this straight: GB forum, GB layout, GB profile, nerfed sigs, removal of basic features, no fuse, no ucbs, no more new unions, transferred unions turned into typical forums which also varies in activity and new TOU to be strict again? Lol WTF?

This site has now lost me as a once active user.

#240 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -
I'm not too happy about the sudden enforcement on the rules either. This site isn't even worth lurking anymore, all I wanted to do was lurk around here and check some things out, and even that got me into trouble and in a bad mood. Ugh, now I hate myself for doing so, this site's getting to be a real pain in the ass, I want to leave here for good so badly, but its hard to resist, its like being addicted to cigarettes, or some annoying drug you just want to break the addiction from more than anything.
#241 Posted by PiscesChick93 (10687 posts) -

EWW.

I thought they said that the forums wouldn't resemble GiantBomb's?

I'm pretty disappointed about this.  

#242 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -
Hi Pisces! :D Despite the darkness and depressing events this site's been having, I'm always happy to see you, you're like a wonderful ray of sunshine! :D
#243 Posted by PiscesChick93 (10687 posts) -

Hi Pisces! :D Despite the darkness and depressing events this site's been having, I'm always happy to see you, you're like a wonderful ray of sunshine! :DToph_Girl250

Awhh haha :)

#244 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -
So... I guess to change the subject it looks like the new GS Giant Bomb clone is gonna be driving some users away by the looks of it.
#245 Posted by PiscesChick93 (10687 posts) -
What I don't get is why they said that the forums would not resemble Giant Bomb's at all, when as a matter of fact, it's GB's twin. 
#246 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -
What a bunch of liars, this is why its best to never trust people like these guys, I see through their ruse.
#247 Posted by harry_james_pot (10581 posts) -
Well, don't lose hope yet guys. Obviously I can't say anything about what's happening in the beta, but things are constantly changing. It won't look like that at the end. We're all making sure to give them feedback on all the things that needs changing. :)
#248 Posted by PiscesChick93 (10687 posts) -

Well, don't lose hope yet guys. Obviously I can't say anything about what's happening in the beta, but things are constantly changing. It won't look like that at the end. We're all making sure to give them feedback on all the things that needs changing. :)harry_james_pot

Okie dokie, thanks for your feedback Harry :) 

#249 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70711 posts) -

Well, don't lose hope yet guys. Obviously I can't say anything about what's happening in the beta, but things are constantly changing. It won't look like that at the end. We're all making sure to give them feedback on all the things that needs changing. :)harry_james_pot

The facebook stuff seems stupid to me 

#250 Posted by TAMKFan (32730 posts) -

I do wonder when we will all get access to the beta. In any case, hopefully, it won't be looking that much like Giant Bomb.