OMG...everyone read this!!! Unions are going to die!

#151 Posted by harry_james_pot (10834 posts) -
[QUOTE="super600"]I can vouch for this union or another mod that visit's this union can. Maybe get one of the officiers to do it.horgen123
We have to get the word to lark right?

Yep.
#153 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -
its the unions' end then. time to go on a crawl.
#154 Posted by Horgen (110134 posts) -
[QUOTE="horgen123"][QUOTE="super600"]I can vouch for this union or another mod that visit's this union can. Maybe get one of the officiers to do it.harry_james_pot

Yep.

Easier said than done...
#155 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71835 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="Noteldnep"]One month left for the better GameSpot, as well as the best part about the site. These truly are sad times we're heading into.lancelot200
it feels like we are going in to the great depression or heading to a funeral 

It can't be a depression if unions aren't going to come back. 

i meant for people that are left after the unions dissapear 

#156 Posted by TAMKFan (32750 posts) -
[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"][QUOTE="horgen123"][QUOTE="super600"]I can vouch for this union or another mod that visit's this union can. Maybe get one of the officiers to do it.horgen123

Yep.

Easier said than done...

We may as well try while we still have the time to do so.
#157 Posted by Horgen (110134 posts) -
[QUOTE="horgen123"][QUOTE="harry_james_pot"][QUOTE="horgen123"][QUOTE="super600"]I can vouch for this union or another mod that visit's this union can. Maybe get one of the officiers to do it.TAMKFan

Yep.

Easier said than done...

We may as well try while we still have the time to do so.

Yeah.
#158 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47671 posts) -
So we all know that we only have about a month left before we lose unions, and sure there may be the possibility that some unions will become part of the forums or whatever, but I'm seeing complaints that that's not gonna work. Well how about another different approach, like carrying over this place to a Zetaboard forum? I have a Zeta Board of my own, its called the TV and Movies Refuge, but I think there's an option where I can change the forum name to the Social Cafe Forum if that's more fitting, and what people here want. Not sure if anyone here is interested in joining but I figure this may be worth a shot. With my rep here ruined and this site losing beolved unions some people can't live without, I think having a forum bunker for unions like this gives me and many others here a second chance. Gives all of us a second chance. Link to my forum is is my sig but I will also post it here: http://s13.zetaboards.com/TVandmoviesRefuge/index/ Ah sorry, I realize this is pretty much a re-post, from the thread I created, but I feel like its a good idea posting this here too for good measure, in case I lose the thread I created in case its breaking a TOU rule or something (But I don't think it should be...)
#159 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71835 posts) -
if people are up for it
#160 Posted by TAMKFan (32750 posts) -
Well, at least GS is trying to think of a solution here.
#161 Posted by TwistedRKO2012 (154 posts) -
i already gave my opinion about GS lossing the unions. shame really.
#162 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71835 posts) -

i already gave my opinion about GS lossing the unions. shame really.TwistedRKO2012

indeed, it sucks 

#163 Posted by Noteldnep (20167 posts) -
In any case, I'm sure some here have migrated to Gamer's Planet. That board seems a lot like here since a lot of the same people are there.
#164 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71835 posts) -

In any case, I'm sure some here have migrated to Gamer's Planet. That board seems a lot like here since a lot of the same people are there.Noteldnep

yup, it's actually pretty active. more active than i expected 

#165 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -
zeta boards and shivtr seem to be popular for people that are moving to other sites.
#166 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
Lark confirmed that they won't bring back Fuse, so that's dead too.
#167 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -
never liked or used fuse to begin with.
#168 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71835 posts) -
i like it a lot
#169 Posted by TAMKFan (32750 posts) -
There was no mention of unions in this week's Fireside chat either.
#170 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
Not a good sign after the uproar.
#171 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47671 posts) -
Who cares if unions are going to die, TLR and Notepad suggested I look at the positives, well one positive is my inbox won't be spammed with union invites or union updates I don't care about anymore.
#172 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
Funny enough that's the only good thing about missing unions.
#173 Posted by harry_james_pot (10834 posts) -
There was no mention of unions in this week's Fireside chat either.TAMKFan
What else is there to talk about?
#174 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
[QUOTE="TAMKFan"]There was no mention of unions in this week's Fireside chat either.harry_james_pot

Hopefully a lot of things...
#175 Posted by harry_james_pot (10834 posts) -
[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"][QUOTE="TAMKFan"]There was no mention of unions in this week's Fireside chat either.mitu123

Well, they made their decision. I don't think there will be anymore union talk.
#176 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71835 posts) -

There was no mention of unions in this week's Fireside chat either.TAMKFan

link please 

#177 Posted by harry_james_pot (10834 posts) -

[QUOTE="TAMKFan"]There was no mention of unions in this week's Fireside chat either.The_Last_Ride

link please 

Here
#178 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="harry_james_pot"][QUOTE="TAMKFan"]There was no mention of unions in this week's Fireside chat either.harry_james_pot

Very well then, unions really are dying after all.
#179 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71835 posts) -
It seems they are
#180 Posted by Racer_XLR (21663 posts) -

I guess it helps that my activity has petered as of late, because honestly, I'm not bothered by a single thing, even the resetting levels.  

JustPlainLucas
#181 Posted by TAMKFan (32750 posts) -
[QUOTE="TAMKFan"]There was no mention of unions in this week's Fireside chat either.harry_james_pot

Like any updated info they could have about unions or something.
#182 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47671 posts) -
This union really isn't all that active and I deem it a failure, I don't think this union deserves to be carried over as a forum in the new design. I'm gonna PM Synthia good reasons on why this union should be excluded.
#183 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47671 posts) -
[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"][QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="harry_james_pot"][QUOTE="TAMKFan"]There was no mention of unions in this week's Fireside chat either.mitu123

Very well then, unions really are dying after all.

Yay! HA! In your face. You lose. I win. You lose. Game Over. I am so happy this is really happening! :D
#184 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
This union really isn't all that active and I deem it a failure, I don't think this union deserves to be carried over as a forum in the new design. I'm gonna PM Synthia good reasons on why this union should be excluded.Toph_Girl250
Yea, you killed this union, congrats!
#185 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47671 posts) -
Nope, from what I remember, (which is also the truth), I always made this union more active, before I got exposed as a guy. So really AFT killed this union.
#186 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (23838 posts) -
It would be sad to see this union go. :( This union had a lot of great times.
#187 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47671 posts) -
It would be sad to see this union go. :( This union had a lot of great times.ArmoredCore55
Yeah, same. Though I think the true great times here were around the 2005 - 2010 era.
#188 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -
at least I came back in time to see the unions to the end. sort of.
#189 Posted by papermariofan57 (121950 posts) -
Nope, from what I remember, (which is also the truth), I always made this union more active, before I got exposed as a guy. So really AFT killed this union.Toph_Girl250
It wasn't always you. There were better times before you got here, in which they didn't depend on you. ;)
#190 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71835 posts) -
So what is going to happen to this union?
#191 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
That's yet to be determined until October.
#192 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71835 posts) -

That's yet to be determined until October.mitu123

We got almost no officers and no leader to make the transition 

#193 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -
then it gets deleted.
#194 Posted by TAMKFan (32750 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]That's yet to be determined until October.The_Last_Ride

We got almost no officers and no leader to make the transition 

Us normal users could try PMing them.
#195 Posted by harry_james_pot (10834 posts) -
Synthia posted this blog about moving union boards over to the new site. Quote "A message will be going out to Union leaders in the near future, but for those of you who may belong to unions that no longer have an active leader I implore you to comment on this blog if you wish your Union to be a part of the transfer." So everyone, go make a comment! :D
#196 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
I won't do it, I have no idea what's going to happen with me later on.
#197 Posted by papermariofan57 (121950 posts) -
Thanks for the information harry! I just made a comment there, just hoping we get the info we need! As for the union moving to a new site, we can discuss that in the new forum that GS will provide us in the new site. I will try moving things quickly and start contacting the admins to see what we can do! =D
#198 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71835 posts) -
i posted in the blog btw, you guys should also do that
#199 Posted by TAMKFan (32750 posts) -
I made my post there and linked to this union. More people should link to here as well for good measure.
#200 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71835 posts) -
i will do that