Next Gen Gaming(Xbox Juan80, Wii U in crisis and PS4 outselling both)

#151 Posted by Noteldnep (20166 posts) -
The only controllers compatible with multiple PS systems seem to be the PS1 and PS2 controllers and that's it.
#152 Posted by TAMKFan (32732 posts) -

Well, you can use the PS1 controllers on the PS2. I don't think that's vice versa though.

#153 Posted by Noteldnep (20166 posts) -
I thought it might be, then again I might not have ever tried to use a PS2 controller on a PS1.
#154 Posted by TAMKFan (32732 posts) -

I actually haven't tried it either, but I'm assuming you can't.

#155 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47572 posts) -
[QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"][QUOTE="megamannt123"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]

that's what she said? 

The_Last_Ride
that one works too :P

TLR's really becoming a broken record with that..

hell noez that never gets old and it's funny :D

Brrzzt wrong. :P
#156 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="TAMKFan"]

It would be cool if you could use the PS3 controller on the PS4, but that's doubtful. 

TAMKFan

Yep, no chance of that, ever.

That's no surprise. I don't see why they couldn't allow that though. It's more convenient to give people more controller choices. 

Sony isn't even trying to get the old to work with the new.

#157 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47572 posts) -
Sony's just trying to completely throw out the old and only go with the new? How very disappointing of you Sony.
#158 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
Sony's just trying to completely throw out the old and only go with the new? How very disappointing of you Sony.Toph_Girl250
All companies do that, though it seems Wii U may have the best console BC this gen.
#159 Posted by TAMKFan (32732 posts) -

Yeah, at least with the Wii U, you can use the Wii Remote and with the Wii, you can use a GameCube controller.

#160 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

Yeah, at least with the Wii U, you can use the Wii Remote and with the Wii, you can use a GameCube controller.

TAMKFan
True. Which is why I said it has the best BC this gen, for games and controllers even. Not even 720 will use 360 controllers.
#161 Posted by TAMKFan (32732 posts) -

It would be even better if you could use the GameCube controller for all Wii games. But oh well, I don't mind the Wii remote anyway.

#162 Posted by Noteldnep (20166 posts) -

TAMKFan
That's what I like most about the Wii, you can still play your GameCube games on it.
#163 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70921 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"]TLR's really becoming a broken record with that..Toph_Girl250

no you are wrong and i am right :P
#164 Posted by TAMKFan (32732 posts) -

[QUOTE="TAMKFan"]

Noteldnep

That's what I like most about the Wii, you can still play your GameCube games on it.

It looks like Nintendo is the only one who decided to keep the backwards compatibility. Even the 3DS can play DS games and the Wii U can play Wii games. But I still plan to keep the older consoles anyway.

#165 Posted by Noteldnep (20166 posts) -
I plan to wait before getting any of the newer consoles, no need for me to rush when I still have plenty of games on the PS3 and Wii I still have not played. My backlog is getting ridiculous. :P
#166 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47572 posts) -
[QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"]Sony's just trying to completely throw out the old and only go with the new? How very disappointing of you Sony.mitu123
All companies do that, though it seems Wii U may have the best console BC this gen.

BC?
#167 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47572 posts) -
I plan to wait before getting any of the newer consoles, no need for me to rush when I still have plenty of games on the PS3 and Wii I still have not played. My backlog is getting ridiculous. :PNoteldnep
While there's plenty of old games I still have fun playing, like Paper Mario 64.
#168 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47572 posts) -
[QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"]TLR's really becoming a broken record with that..The_Last_Ride

no you are wrong and i am right :P

It is YOU that is truly never right, while I am truly always right.
#169 Posted by Noteldnep (20166 posts) -
While there's plenty of old games I still have fun playing, like Paper Mario 64.Toph_Girl250
I still enjoy NASCAR Thunder 2003 (10 years later, it is still the best NASCAR game made) and Mario Bros. as well.
#170 Posted by TAMKFan (32732 posts) -

I plan to wait before getting any of the newer consoles, no need for me to rush when I still have plenty of games on the PS3 and Wii I still have not played. My backlog is getting ridiculous. :PNoteldnep

Yeah, I still don't have a Wii U yet, but I might get one later this year. 

#171 Posted by Cloud_765 (111391 posts) -
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="2ndWonder"]I want a ps4 :(2ndWonder
Can you wait until November?

Nope :(

Oh don't be that way, you can wait. :P
#172 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47572 posts) -
While the PS4 comes out I still will be probably hacking away at some old game of sorts.
#173 Posted by TAMKFan (32732 posts) -

I'll still probably be playing my PS3 a lot for a while.

#174 Posted by Noteldnep (20166 posts) -

TAMKFan
Same here, I know for sure right now that 2015 will be the earliest I'm getting a PS4.
#175 Posted by TAMKFan (32732 posts) -

[QUOTE="TAMKFan"]

Noteldnep

Same here, I know for sure right now that 2015 will be the earliest I'm getting a PS4.

Maybe I'll get one in 2014. After all, it's launch price will supposedly be cheaper than the PS3 was then.

#176 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"]Sony's just trying to completely throw out the old and only go with the new? How very disappointing of you Sony.Toph_Girl250

BC?

Backwards compatibility.

#177 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

TAMKFan

Depending on the games I get for the PS4 I may end up moving to the PS4 and play the PS3 less.

#178 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47572 posts) -

[QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"][QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"]Sony's just trying to completely throw out the old and only go with the new? How very disappointing of you Sony.mitu123

BC?

Backwards compatibility.

Some countries in this world are backwards! :x
#179 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47572 posts) -
No one really wants to see the future, the surprise will be spoiled.
#180 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70921 posts) -
i have to agree there, i need to get through my baklog aswell
#181 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
#182 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47572 posts) -
Yay for technological advancements. :cool:
#183 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70921 posts) -
oh yeah baby, i am having less confidence in the new xbox
#184 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47572 posts) -
Play Station > X-Box
#185 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
I'm hoping PhysX runs off the gpu this time.
oh yeah baby, i am having less confidence in the new xboxThe_Last_Ride
Next xbox will probably have it.
#186 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70921 posts) -
Play Station > X-BoxToph_Girl250
well so far it is, it's been catching up to xbox. The Xbox has been my favorite and my only console for the five years i had it before i bought the ps3, but the ps3 is growing on me. Also the bs with all entertainement crap and ads on live is annoying as hell
#187 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47572 posts) -
I'm hoping PhysX runs off the gpu this time. [QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]oh yeah baby, i am having less confidence in the new xboxmitu123

PhysX? What's that? Also, reminds me of the user named DroidPhysx. XD
#188 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47572 posts) -
[QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"]Play Station > X-BoxThe_Last_Ride
well so far it is, it's been catching up to xbox. The Xbox has been my favorite and my only console for the five years i had it before i bought the ps3, but the ps3 is growing on me. Also the bs with all entertainement crap and ads on live is annoying as hell

Microsoft is only in it for the money, and ad revenue.
#189 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70921 posts) -
I'm hoping PhysX runs off the gpu this time. [QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]oh yeah baby, i am having less confidence in the new xboxmitu123

yeah it has to have it
#190 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47572 posts) -
Have what?
#191 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]I'm hoping PhysX runs off the gpu this time. [QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]oh yeah baby, i am having less confidence in the new xboxToph_Girl250

PhysX? What's that? Also, reminds me of the user named DroidPhysx. XD

Advanced physics controlled by the cpu or gpu.

#192 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

Have what?Toph_Girl250
Physx.

#193 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47572 posts) -
While you're answering questions, here's more: What does CPU and GPU stand for? :P
#194 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70921 posts) -
Have what?Toph_Girl250
the specifications mitu posted
#195 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70921 posts) -
While you're answering questions, here's more: What does CPU and GPU stand for? :PToph_Girl250
"Stands for "Graphics Processing Unit." Like the CPU (Central Processing Unit), it is a single-chip processor. However, the GPU is used primarily for computing 3D functions. This includes things such as lighting effects, object transformations, and 3D motion. Because these types of calculations are rather taxing on the CPU, the GPU can help the computer run more effienciently." "Stands for "Central Processing Unit." This is the pretty much the brain of your computer. It processes everything from basic instructions to complex functions. Any time something needs to be computed, it gets sent to the CPU. Every day, it's compute this, compute that -- you'd think the CPU would need a break after awhile. But no -- it just keeps on processing. The CPU can also be referred to simply as the "processor."
#196 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47572 posts) -
So the next X Box might have advanced physX for the CPU and GPU? What happens when the CPU and GPU have advanced PhysX? O_o
#197 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70921 posts) -
So the next X Box might have advanced physX for the CPU and GPU? What happens when the CPU and GPU have advanced PhysX? O_oToph_Girl250
They get better. But i am more concerned with how much RAM and capabilites for the new Xbox will be
#198 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

[QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"]So the next X Box might have advanced physX for the CPU and GPU? What happens when the CPU and GPU have advanced PhysX? O_oThe_Last_Ride
They get better. But i am more concerned with how much RAM and capabilites for the new Xbox will be

I'm guessing 4-8GB RAM.

#199 Posted by TAMKFan (32732 posts) -

I agree with that. I never been a big fan of the Xbox. 

#200 Posted by Noteldnep (20166 posts) -
I've thought this for a long time. I'm just more comfortable with its controls and general online gaming.