It's the truth I tells ya!

• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mewantcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#151 mewantcookie
Member since 2005 • 10930 Posts
Hmm.. ok, here's another. [spoiler] A few years ago I was at a summer camp that did trips into the Boundary Waters and other northern places, and my last trip was to go to Isle Royale in Lake Superior for 7 days hiking and whatnot. Most of the trip was pretty cool, we hardly saw anyone the whole trip, so it was pretty quiet. Most of the days while we were actually set up at a camp we passed time playing cards. The Isle actually has nice little open shelter things at the campsites, so it was a welcome change from having to set up a tent. I liked to pick berries that we used in our breakfast almost every day, so usually while we are on the trail resting, or at a camp, I liked to go see about any berries that migth be growing around. At a campsite around 3/4 of the way through the trip, I made a stupid. While looking for berries, I ended up following a trail that eventually, though gradually, wasn't a trail anymore. By the time I realized I wasn't on a trail anymore, I had already lost track of the direction I was headed. Since I didn't tell anyone where I was going, nobody would know where to look for me, so I started to get a little worried. In this worried state, I got a little more stupid and started wandering in the direction I thought the trail we came into the camp on was located. After a little trek, I still hadn't found the trail. At this point is when I tired to calm down and think. I kinda new the general direction from which I came, so I decided to head in that direction. It wasn't until I hit a few swampy areas that I really began to worry again, since I hadn't passed those before, but I stood my course. Eventually, though it was quite a long (or seemed long) trek, I started to hear and see Lake Superior. My happiness was somewhat shot when I saw where I was along the lakeshore though. I knew I was at the lake, but I had no solid evidence that told me which direction to go. I decided that I would head NE since it felt like I hadn't actually passed the camp yet. The only real problem was the shoreline wasn't much of a shoreline as it was a small cliff along the water. I tried horizontally crossing it for a while, until I decided it would just be easier to go into the lake and wade. I eventually made it to the end of a point, and I could see the beach the camp was at. Once I got back to the camp, I basically just sprawled out and fell asleep. [/spoiler]
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#152 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts

Back when I was in high school, my Biology teacher always tell tall tales and I most of the time believe him.

-DarthMaul-
So you're gullible eh?:P
I have an uncle that tells tales all the time. Nobody can prove him right or wrong because he lives out of state.mewantcookie
He has good strategy atleast :lol:
Ugh, do I have to?mewantcookie
Yes!!!! That is your official job in this thread.julian_jr
Sounds good to me:P
mewantcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 mewantcookie

Sounds good to me:Pdouble_decker

Sure it does, you don't have to write much. :P

double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 double_decker
Hmm.. ok, here's another. [spoiler] A few years ago I was at a summer camp that did trips into the Boundary Waters and other northern places, and my last trip was to go to Isle Royale in Lake Superior for 7 days hiking and whatnot. Most of the trip was pretty cool, we hardly saw anyone the whole trip, so it was pretty quiet. Most of the days while we were actually set up at a camp we passed time playing cards. The Isle actually has nice little open shelter things at the campsites, so it was a welcome change from having to set up a tent. I liked to pick berries that we used in our breakfast almost every day, so usually while we are on the trail resting, or at a camp, I liked to go see about any berries that migth be growing around. At a campsite around 3/4 of the way through the trip, I made a stupid. While looking for berries, I ended up following a trail that eventually, though gradually, wasn't a trail anymore. By the time I realized I wasn't on a trail anymore, I had already lost track of the direction I was headed. Since I didn't tell anyone where I was going, nobody would know where to look for me, so I started to get a little worried. In this worried state, I got a little more stupid and started wandering in the direction I thought the trail we came into the camp on was located. After a little trek, I still hadn't found the trail. At this point is when I tired to calm down and think. I kinda new the general direction from which I came, so I decided to head in that direction. It wasn't until I hit a few swampy areas that I really began to worry again, since I hadn't passed those before, but I stood my course. Eventually, though it was quite a long (or seemed long) trek, I started to hear and see Lake Superior. My happiness was somewhat shot when I saw where I was along the lakeshore though. I knew I was at the lake, but I had no solid evidence that told me which direction to go. I decided that I would head NE since it felt like I hadn't actually passed the camp yet. The only real problem was the shoreline wasn't much of a shoreline as it was a small cliff along the water. I tried horizontally crossing it for a while, until I decided it would just be easier to go into the lake and wade. I eventually made it to the end of a point, and I could see the beach the camp was at. Once I got back to the camp, I basically just sprawled out and fell asleep. [/spoiler] mewantcookie
That one I actually beleive though, atleast that could of happened
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 double_decker

Sure it does, you don't have to write much. :P

mewantcookie
Nope, but I did edit:P
mewantcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 mewantcookie
What do you think of the other one?
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 double_decker
What do you think of the other one?mewantcookie
Seemed a bit far fetched, but still possible
mewantcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 mewantcookie
I'll let more people express their opinions before I say anything.
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#159 julian_jr
Member since 2007 • 83416 Posts

Nice story cookie!!! You are good at this.

mewantcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 mewantcookie
But am I good at telling a fib, or real events? :o
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points