Gaming Discussion V2

#14001 Posted by mitu123 (154216 posts) -
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="horgen123"]How much of an upgrade are we talking about? The_Last_Ride

The gpu is a bit faster now, and this info comes in handy for new things:

- 8GB Flash memory
- 15 special purpose processors
- 4 Command processors (2 compute, 2 graphics)
- SHAPE offloads >1 CPU core
- Memory coherency between CPU cores and GPU (also caches) - huma?
- Note that little arrow between the CPU and the ESRAM - CPU can read/write to/from the ESRAM? 

They're basically trying to do a lot of tricks to make up for the gpu.

5 GB < 7 GB RAM no matter how you do it. They might bave open GL, but it's still weaker 

PS4 only uses 5.5GB for games, the rest of the RAM goes to the OS.
#14002 Posted by mitu123 (154216 posts) -

Countdown to PS4!

79 days for the Americans(like me).:D

#14003 Posted by koolkat14 (10428 posts) -

Countdown to PS4!

mitu123
Come to think of it, they didn't mention when it'll be out in countries in Asia, do they?
#14004 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72948 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="horgen123"]How much of an upgrade are we talking about? mitu123

The gpu is a bit faster now, and this info comes in handy for new things:

- 8GB Flash memory
- 15 special purpose processors
- 4 Command processors (2 compute, 2 graphics)
- SHAPE offloads >1 CPU core
- Memory coherency between CPU cores and GPU (also caches) - huma?
- Note that little arrow between the CPU and the ESRAM - CPU can read/write to/from the ESRAM? 

They're basically trying to do a lot of tricks to make up for the gpu.

5 GB < 7 GB RAM no matter how you do it. They might bave open GL, but it's still weaker 

PS4 only uses 5.5GB for games, the rest of the RAM goes to the OS.

Not from what i have heard, it uses 1.5 on max 

#14005 Posted by mitu123 (154216 posts) -

The_Last_Ride
All sources say around 5.5GB for games, I doubt 1.5GB would do all the multitasking in the PS4 at once between downloading games as you play them, recording gameplay all the time, live streaming, shutting the game off and picking where you left off, switching between applications, games and movies on the fly and more.
#14006 Posted by mitu123 (154216 posts) -
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Countdown to PS4!

koolkat14
Come to think of it, they didn't mention when it'll be out in countries in Asia, do they?

From what I read it seems to be later.
#14007 Posted by mitu123 (154216 posts) -

Best...feature...ever!

"When you buy a PS4 game on smartphone, it will wake your PS4 up to start downloading the game. PS4 goes back to sleep after that"

#14008 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72948 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]

mitu123

All sources say around 5.5GB for games, I doubt 1.5GB would do all the multitasking in the PS4 at once between downloading games as you play them, recording gameplay all the time, live streaming, shutting the game off and picking where you left off, switching between applications, games and movies on the fly and more.

but it doesn't need it for a camera, tv, and all those apps xbox one needs it for 

#14009 Posted by mitu123 (154216 posts) -
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]

The_Last_Ride

but it doesn't need it for a camera, tv, and all those apps xbox one needs it for 

I know, but I just listed reasons it needed so much RAM.:P
#14010 Posted by mitu123 (154216 posts) -

Microsoft May Be Considering a Digital Game Resale Marketplace

Being able to sell used digital games would be awesome!

#14011 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72948 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]

mitu123

i still doubt it's going to use anything above 2 GB 

#14012 Posted by mitu123 (154216 posts) -
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]

The_Last_Ride

i still doubt it's going to use anything above 2 GB 

Console RAM is usually bloated and now have more to do in and out of games!
#14013 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72948 posts) -
PS4 is still more powerful no matter how you look at it
#14014 Posted by harry_james_pot (11026 posts) -
I'm currently playing Splinter Cell Blacklist, and Saints Row IV. Both are awesome. :D
#14015 Posted by mitu123 (154216 posts) -
PS4 is still more powerful no matter how you look at itThe_Last_Ride
Well of course, though the gap isn't as big as it was a t 1st.
I'm currently playing Splinter Cell Blacklist, and Saints Row IV. Both are awesome. :Dharry_james_pot
Saints Row IV's main story, while enjoyable and fun, is quite short for a Saints Row game.:/
#14016 Posted by valereth85 (4683 posts) -
And I am donbe. 63 hours of gameplay, and I beat Wild Arms
#14017 Posted by TAMKFan (32810 posts) -
Saints Row IV's main story, while enjoyable and fun, is quite short for a Saints Row game.:/mitu123

I should be getting that game sometime.
#14018 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72948 posts) -
To be honest it won't be that much of a difference at the end of the gen if it is one or two gigs of ram. Because they are basicly the same when it comes to everything else. I don't really care about uber hyper realistic awesome fantastic science fiction graphics! If it looks nice, it's awesome. But i can live fine without it. Just look at Dragon Age: Origins. Not the looker, but what a fantastic game. Same goes for Mass Effect. There were much prettier games at the time, but i couldn't care less
#14019 Posted by mitu123 (154216 posts) -
To be honest it won't be that much of a difference at the end of the gen if it is one or two gigs of ram. Because they are basicly the same when it comes to everything else. I don't really care about uber hyper realistic awesome fantastic science fiction graphics! If it looks nice, it's awesome. But i can live fine without it. Just look at Dragon Age: Origins. Not the looker, but what a fantastic game. Same goes for Mass Effect. There were much prettier games at the time, but i couldn't care lessThe_Last_Ride
I never buy consoles soley for the graphics, that's PC's job, I buy them for the games. Anyone who buys a console for the graphics is doing it wrong.
#14020 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72948 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]To be honest it won't be that much of a difference at the end of the gen if it is one or two gigs of ram. Because they are basicly the same when it comes to everything else. I don't really care about uber hyper realistic awesome fantastic science fiction graphics! If it looks nice, it's awesome. But i can live fine without it. Just look at Dragon Age: Origins. Not the looker, but what a fantastic game. Same goes for Mass Effect. There were much prettier games at the time, but i couldn't care lessmitu123
I never buy consoles soley for the graphics, that's PC's job, I buy them for the games. Anyone who buys a console for the graphics is doing it wrong.

i don't really play games for graphics at all. Sure Crysis, Battlefield, Uncharted, God of War, etc are pretty to look at, but i can manage without those graphics 

#14021 Posted by valereth85 (4683 posts) -
I think I am going to start Legend of Dragoon along side Dishonored
#14022 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72948 posts) -

I think I am going to start Legend of Dragoon along side Dishonoredvalereth85

i have yet to finish Dishonored 

#14023 Posted by valereth85 (4683 posts) -
Mny brother got it for me for my birthday, but I wanted to finish the games that I was in the middle of before I started it. I have done that, so I will start Dishonored later today.
#14024 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72948 posts) -
that sounds awesome, i don't really know what i should finish next. I just posted my backlog in my blog :?
#14025 Posted by valereth85 (4683 posts) -
My backlog is huge, and a lot of them are RPgs. IT is going to take decades to finish them all :P
#14026 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72948 posts) -

My backlog is huge, and a lot of them are RPgs. IT is going to take decades to finish them all :Pvalereth85

i have a good mix of everything 

#14027 Posted by valereth85 (4683 posts) -
I have things that are not RPGs, but I have a lot of RPGs
#14028 Posted by TAMKFan (32810 posts) -
I rented Mario Party 9 recently and I'll be playing that soon. It has been the only main game in the series that I haven't played.
#14029 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72948 posts) -
finished ME 2, now moving on to Sleeping Dogs and God of War 1
#14030 Posted by valereth85 (4683 posts) -
Man. octoroks in LTTP are more annying than in any other game. Their rate of fire is much higher
#14031 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72948 posts) -
Just got my Vita, it's great that nobody told me at the store the memory card wasn't included
#14032 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (48101 posts) -
Just got my Vita, it's great that nobody told me at the store the memory card wasn't includedThe_Last_Ride
Is this sarcasm? Isn't not getting a memory card a bad thing?
#14033 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (48101 posts) -
I think it's official that the next game I'll be getting are either Pokemon X or Y, or both.
#14034 Posted by Noteldnep (20167 posts) -

I think it's official that the next game I'll be getting are either Pokemon X or Y, or both.Toph_Girl250

I still need to get Pokemon Black or White, as well as 2. :( 

#14035 Posted by TAMKFan (32810 posts) -
Been playing GTA V quite a bit.
#14036 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72948 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Just got my Vita, it's great that nobody told me at the store the memory card wasn't includedToph_Girl250
Is this sarcasm? Isn't not getting a memory card a bad thing?

yeah, because i couldn't install any games on it, and it was basicly a paperweight 

#14037 Posted by valereth85 (4683 posts) -
Beat LTTP. Got back to Dishonored. 
#14038 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72948 posts) -

Beat LTTP. Got back to Dishonored. valereth85

on the gameboy? 

#14039 Posted by valereth85 (4683 posts) -
What? Thje Gamboy one was Links Awakening. 
#14040 Posted by TAMKFan (32810 posts) -
I'm pretty close to beating GTA V now.
#14041 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72948 posts) -

What? Thje Gamboy one was Links Awakening. valereth85

it was on the GBA or the SNES then? 

#14042 Posted by TAMKFan (32810 posts) -
Just a couple more missions left in GTA V now.
#14043 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72948 posts) -
Damn ME 3 froze on me, so i switched to my vita :?
#14044 Posted by TAMKFan (32810 posts) -
I have beaten GTA V now and have started to do some of the side missions.
#14045 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72948 posts) -
I have almost 100% on galactic readiness in ME 3
#14046 Posted by valereth85 (4683 posts) -

[QUOTE="valereth85"]What? Thje Gamboy one was Links Awakening. The_Last_Ride

it was on the GBA or the SNES then? 

Link to the Past was on the SNES and GBA. Links Awakening was on the GB and GBC
#14047 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72948 posts) -
oh ok, i haven't played any Zelda games, so i have no clue
#14048 Posted by Horgen (110157 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]

mitu123

It would be enough if developers cared about efficient coding...
#14049 Posted by TAMKFan (32810 posts) -
I'll be playing GTA Online soon.
#14050 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72948 posts) -
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]

horgen123

It would be enough if developers cared about efficient coding...

it also depends on how you use your ps4. But the X1 is clearly meant for something other than just gaming, so it's clear it's less powerful and therefor uses more on it's OS' systems