Gamespot's Top 75 Posters-AUGUST 2013- (**AUGUST UPD**)

#12551 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -
where is the update T_T?
#12552 Posted by TAMKFan (32751 posts) -
Maybe and hopefully, we'll see it before the new site goes live.
#12553 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -
i hope so :?
#12554 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

doubt this is going to get updated anytimes soon

#12555 Posted by TAMKFan (32751 posts) -

I PMed PaperMarioFan that this union is back, since he still visits this site, so we'll have to see.

#12556 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

its a nice touch that we now have the top posters widget on each board, but its not good that not all of them were reset after the site update. they should have reset all of them.

#12557 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

I hope Paper will still do it

#12558 Edited by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

I don't see why not. looked like a somewhat interesting piece of information.

#12559 Edited by TAMKFan (32751 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

its a nice touch that we now have the top posters widget on each board, but its not good that not all of them were reset after the site update. they should have reset all of them.

That must be another bug. I'm assuming that none of them were meant to be resetted.

#12560 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

IMO, I think its good that they did that. to start out fresh.

#12561 Posted by TAMKFan (32751 posts) -

I don't think any of them should have been resetted.

#12562 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

oh well. hopefully they wont restore them.

#12563 Edited by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

IMO, I think its good that they did that. to start out fresh.

i agree, i think it would be better to reset them

#12564 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

well most of them were reset. there are just a few that didn't get reset. well at least from what ive seen. I haven't been to all of the boards since I don't use all of them.

#12565 Edited by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

well most of them were reset. there are just a few that didn't get reset. well at least from what ive seen. I haven't been to all of the boards since I don't use all of them.

OT and System wars are the only ones

#12566 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

well most of them were reset. there are just a few that didn't get reset. well at least from what ive seen. I haven't been to all of the boards since I don't use all of them.

OT and System wars are the only ones

you mean that weren't reset? if that's the case, I believe that pc hardware wasn't reset either.

#12567 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

well most of them were reset. there are just a few that didn't get reset. well at least from what ive seen. I haven't been to all of the boards since I don't use all of them.

OT and System wars are the only ones

you mean that weren't reset? if that's the case, I believe that pc hardware wasn't reset either.

That board doesn't exist

#12568 Posted by TAMKFan (32751 posts) -

The game boards weren't reset either.

#12570 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

well most of them were reset. there are just a few that didn't get reset. well at least from what ive seen. I haven't been to all of the boards since I don't use all of them.

OT and System wars are the only ones

you mean that weren't reset? if that's the case, I believe that pc hardware wasn't reset either.

That board doesn't exist

it does. its just hidden from the main list. along with the legacy board.

#12571 Edited by papermariofan57 (121950 posts) -

This is going to take a hell of time to update. O.O The links won't work, so I guess I will have to find every single user in the search list. When get done with my finals, I will work on the update sometime in December!

#12572 Edited by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

well most of them were reset. there are just a few that didn't get reset. well at least from what ive seen. I haven't been to all of the boards since I don't use all of them.

OT and System wars are the only ones

you mean that weren't reset? if that's the case, I believe that pc hardware wasn't reset either.

That board doesn't exist

it does. its just hidden from the main list. along with the legacy board.

oh ok, i didn't know that

#12573 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

you and a lot of other people too.

#12574 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

i didn't post much there anyways though

#12575 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

I never posted there. just recently started to help with activity until the site gets improved.

#12576 Posted by TAMKFan (32751 posts) -

@papermariofan57 said:

This is going to take a hell of time to update. O.O The links won't work, so I guess I will have to find every single user in the search list. When get done with my finals, I will work on the update sometime in December!

That sounds pretty tedious.

#12577 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

guess its a "labor of love" at this point.

#12578 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

guess its a "labor of love" at this point.

It's not as hard when the update actually works, he doesn't have to this a second time

#12579 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

well they never said it was hard. they said it was tedious.

#12580 Edited by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

well they never said it was hard. they said it was tedious.

true, but it's not as tedious once he does it and has to do it the next time

#12581 Edited by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

well they never said it was hard. they said it was tedious.

true, but it's not as tedious once he does it and has to do it the next time

guess its true what they say: "the first step is always the hardest."

#12582 Edited by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

well they never said it was hard. they said it was tedious.

true, but it's not as tedious once he does it and has to do it the next time

guess its true what they say: "the first step is always the hardest."

true, but if he is able and wants to do it then it's awesome

#12583 Edited by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

then you must be patient. they may be working on it right now. could take some time.

#12584 Posted by HeroClixFan88 (32 posts) -

Stats no longer matter with the new shitty ass Forums. GS sucks big fay donkey dick. deal with it.

#12585 Edited by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

apparently they still matter to some people.

#12586 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

@HeroClixFan88 said:

Stats no longer matter with the new shitty ass Forums. GS sucks big fay donkey dick. deal with it.

at least now, before the update it was gold

#12587 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

well I guess it really wouldn't matter if the site already automatically tracks these stats anyway.

#12588 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

well I guess it really wouldn't matter if the site already automatically tracks these stats anyway.

true, but these are the reset stats and not the older ones

#12589 Edited by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

well I guess it really wouldn't matter if the site already automatically tracks these stats anyway.

true, but these are the reset stats and not the older ones

considering a lot of people lost posts, I don't think the old ones would be accurate.

#12590 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

well I guess it really wouldn't matter if the site already automatically tracks these stats anyway.

true, but these are the reset stats and not the older ones

considering a lot of people lost posts, I don't think the old ones would be accurate.

yeah, but only for september

#12591 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

well I guess it really wouldn't matter if the site already automatically tracks these stats anyway.

true, but these are the reset stats and not the older ones

considering a lot of people lost posts, I don't think the old ones would be accurate.

yeah, but only for september

even then, some people lost thousands of posts.

#12592 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

well I guess it really wouldn't matter if the site already automatically tracks these stats anyway.

true, but these are the reset stats and not the older ones

considering a lot of people lost posts, I don't think the old ones would be accurate.

yeah, but only for september

even then, some people lost thousands of posts.

yeah i lost 2k posts

#12593 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

well I guess it really wouldn't matter if the site already automatically tracks these stats anyway.

true, but these are the reset stats and not the older ones

considering a lot of people lost posts, I don't think the old ones would be accurate.

yeah, but only for september

even then, some people lost thousands of posts.

yeah i lost 2k posts

I still think starting out fresh would be better.

#12594 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

well I guess it really wouldn't matter if the site already automatically tracks these stats anyway.

true, but these are the reset stats and not the older ones

considering a lot of people lost posts, I don't think the old ones would be accurate.

yeah, but only for september

even then, some people lost thousands of posts.

yeah i lost 2k posts

I still think starting out fresh would be better.

Hell no, i got this post count and i deserve to keep it

#12595 Edited by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

well I guess it really wouldn't matter if the site already automatically tracks these stats anyway.

true, but these are the reset stats and not the older ones

considering a lot of people lost posts, I don't think the old ones would be accurate.

yeah, but only for september

even then, some people lost thousands of posts.

yeah i lost 2k posts

I still think starting out fresh would be better.

Hell no, i got this post count and i deserve to keep it

well your post count is still under your username. and if we don't start new, the list would be full of users that don't come here anymore anyway.

#12596 Edited by TAMKFan (32751 posts) -

So? A lot of users come and go. There's no point in resetting post counts.

#12597 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

well then at least remove the users no longer active, or put them in their own section. im pretty sure it would be for the best.

#12598 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

@TAMKFan said:

So? A lot of users come and go. There's no point in resetting post counts.

i agree, just because people don't post here everyday shouldn't mean they should get punished

#12599 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

no need to punish them. just make a separate list for current users and old users.

#12600 Edited by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

no need to punish them. just make a separate list for current users and old users.

i wouldn't oppose to that