Decisions You Made That You Regretted Later?

• 86 results
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

User Lists: 0

#51 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
[QUOTE="TAMKFan"][QUOTE="mitu123"]I regret not talking to that girl that I used to go school with!mitu123

There was also a girl I know in school who I didn't talk to, but looking back now, I wish I would have.

But I saw this one last year out of school, even worse.

Yeah, same for me. A couple years ago, I seen this hot girl in short shorts that held a door open for me. I only said "thanks" to her and after that I realized I should have talked to her more. I'm really sad I didn't.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#52 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="TAMKFan"][QUOTE="mitu123"]I regret not talking to that girl that I used to go school with!TAMKFan

There was also a girl I know in school who I didn't talk to, but looking back now, I wish I would have.

But I saw this one last year out of school, even worse.

Yeah, same for me. A couple years ago, I seen this girl in short shorts that held a door open for me. I only said "thanks" to her and after that I realized I should have talked to her more. I'm really sad I didn't.

You go for it next time!
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts
What do you mean by groups? Like cliques of people? There definitely were. I mean, for example, the SystemWars Hangout and eventually System Wars II. And even within sub-communities there are cliques of people. This is a sub-community, The Cafe Lounge, and I'm sure even within it there are smaller groups of forumites more close with each other. You've been around for a while, clearly, so you remember the big shifts in the community with the changes enforced. GameSpot/GameFAQs coming together, BethanyM taking over from Dave O'Toole, no OT in SW, etc. These events shifted the community around a bit, but the groups remained the same. Even to this day there are still many people posting in SW2. KingFrizzy
Yes cliques of users, mainly speaking in OT. I know we have always had them, however they have not been as easy to spot as they are now. Differences suddenly much larger to after the ToU change, though they have been ever increasing since TFG. Yes we have cliques here to, but that has more to do with when we are online. However unlike in OT, we aren't hostile against each. As for major changes, I ahven't noticed many. Main boards except OT, and to some extent SW, have not been my home.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 horgen  Moderator
Oh right all html coding is disabled. :roll:
Avatar image for jediknight52501
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#55 jediknight52501
Member since 2005 • 69715 Posts
wow, my posts are not showing up like they should.
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 jediknight52501
i wish Glitchspot never happened.
KingFrizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#57 KingFrizzy
Member since 2003 • 4684 Posts

[QUOTE="KingFrizzy"]What do you mean by groups? Like cliques of people? There definitely were. I mean, for example, the SystemWars Hangout and eventually System Wars II. And even within sub-communities there are cliques of people. This is a sub-community, The Cafe Lounge, and I'm sure even within it there are smaller groups of forumites more close with each other. You've been around for a while, clearly, so you remember the big shifts in the community with the changes enforced. GameSpot/GameFAQs coming together, BethanyM taking over from Dave O'Toole, no OT in SW, etc. These events shifted the community around a bit, but the groups remained the same. Even to this day there are still many people posting in SW2. horgen123
Yes cliques of users, mainly speaking in OT. I know we have always had them, however they have not been as easy to spot as they are now. Differences suddenly much larger to after the ToU change, though they have been ever increasing since TFG. Yes we have cliques here to, but that has more to do with when we are online. However unlike in OT, we aren't hostile against each. As for major changes, I ahven't noticed many. Main boards except OT, and to some extent SW, have not been my home.

Then it looks like you and I have the same goal: breaking up the old boys club. What is TFG?

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts
I want to know this too....
KingFrizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 KingFrizzy

This board is actually a lot like the original SW Hangout. Its basically the same concept -- that makes this the best user board on GameSpot.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#60 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
You go for it next time!mitu123

Yeah, I'll be sure to do that. I would really hate to make that mistake again.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 horgen  Moderator
Then it looks like you and I have the same goal: breaking up the old boys club. What is TFG?KingFrizzy
TFG is used both about the user TheForeignGuy and the board he made, offsite board, named The Foreign Grounds. Story is that it didn't go the way he wanted there. It was supposed to be a more relaxed place, not suffering from the strict rules GS had. Instead from what I've heard it was a lot sh!t talk about GS and its users. Then something about a possible legal action against the board/owner. So he took it down instead.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 horgen  Moderator
Small wall of text since paragraphs aren't working =/
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Kelayr
Member since 2005 • 61857 Posts
Small wall of text since paragraphs aren't working =/ horgen123
You can't do this?
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 horgen  Moderator
[QUOTE="horgen123"]Small wall of text since paragraphs aren't working =/ silentexistence
You can't do this?

Nah, never have. adxsg asdg asdg
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 horgen  Moderator
Oh great it actually worked.... How many of them disappeared though?
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Kelayr
How many of them disappeared though?horgen123
How many what?
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 horgen  Moderator
Linebreaks... It eat half of them at times .
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Kelayr
I can have as many blank lines as I choose.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 horgen  Moderator
The first post where I was supposed to have them, I put in some but they got taken away. The second post had some of them taken away, those after that had none taken away...
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Kelayr
The first post where I was supposed to have them, I put in some but they got taken away. The second post had some of them taken away, those after that had none taken away... horgen123
Oh I see now. It seems pretty random... although I haven't had any of my line breaks erased while posting today.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 horgen  Moderator
Well... I think I know how it works. Yes I do. Right?
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 horgen  Moderator
Ah I was correct.
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Kelayr
Ah I was correct. horgen123
What were you right about? All I do is press Enter as many times as I want lines. :P
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 horgen  Moderator
Hit space then enter to find out.
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Kelayr
Hit space then enter to find out. horgen123
Ah. Good catch.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 horgen  Moderator
I know :cool:
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Kelayr
I know :cool: horgen123
Score one for the Blue Ranger!
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 horgen  Moderator
You're not blue, you're red.
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Kelayr
You're not blue, you're red. horgen123
You're blue and you scored that point.
KingFrizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 KingFrizzy

[QUOTE="KingFrizzy"]Then it looks like you and I have the same goal: breaking up the old boys club. What is TFG?horgen123
TFG is used both about the user TheForeignGuy and the board he made, offsite board, named The Foreign Grounds. Story is that it didn't go the way he wanted there. It was supposed to be a more relaxed place, not suffering from the strict rules GS had. Instead from what I've heard it was a lot sh!t talk about GS and its users. Then something about a possible legal action against the board/owner. So he took it down instead.

Yeah that used to be what systemwars.com was like. Originally was created as a side-project by Donkeybong and TheBlueLizard during the SW2 Presidential elections. But during 2004 there was a substantial change in SW (on GameSpot) that resulted in lots and lots of bans (permbans). So people from GS SW ended up going to SW2's SW.com. At the beginning it was basically just spam and planning forum invasions (like spamming GS), but it eventually became its own substantial community. Like it no longer was exclusively a ban-zone for rejects of GS SW but its own place. SW2 eventually left GS and moved to SW2.com too, based on the model from SW.com. People moving their cliques offsite don't work unless they are substantial and have a strong historical legacy. Because we had been all posting with each other for so long (now a decade) we are all but entangled in every digital way (steam, facebook, gamespot, twitter, etc.). That's too bad GS may have threatened suit against your friend for making his website. But that's what happens sometimes.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 horgen  Moderator
Yeah that used to be what systemwars.com was like. Originally was created as a side-project by Donkeybong and TheBlueLizard during the SW2 Presidential elections. But during 2004 there was a substantial change in SW (on GameSpot) that resulted in lots and lots of bans (permbans). So people from GS SW ended up going to SW2's SW.com. At the beginning it was basically just spam and planning forum invasions (like spamming GS), but it eventually became its own substantial community. Like it no longer was exclusively a ban-zone for rejects of GS SW but its own place. SW2 eventually left GS and moved to SW2.com too, based on the model from SW.com. People moving their cliques offsite don't work unless they are substantial and have a strong historical legacy. Because we had been all posting with each other for so long (now a decade) we are all but entangled in every digital way (steam, facebook, gamespot, twitter, etc.). That's too bad GS may have threatened suit against your friend for making his website. But that's what happens sometimes.KingFrizzy
GS's only problem with the site was if users there planned forum invasions or suicide threads. One or two got banned because of things they planned to do at GS. Well that is the rumour. The potensial legal action was never rumoured to be from GS, however a user here which did get a lot of... trolling/bullying against her here on GS. I don't know the exact details, but there was drama in some of the threads she posted in, and she was a part of that drama. However it remains a rumour only, as TFG never who did it. TDH has probably changed a bit since I visited. It's sort of the second TFG... What I saw while I was there is very much what you describe happened in SW2 in the early days. And well they do got a thread named: YLYL Gamespot Edition, where they do post about anything they find funny on GS... What else some say that they do or do not on that site I won't comment on. I did not visit the site for long.
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 jediknight52501
[QUOTE="horgen123"]You're not blue, you're red. silentexistence
You're blue and you scored that point.

i am the Green Ranger.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#83 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Well there are only two things i really regret, 1, not sueing my lieutenant in the army, 2, not going at my lieutenant at self defense ( i knew i would have won :P)
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 horgen  Moderator
Well there are only two things i really regret, 1, not sueing my lieutenant in the army, 2, not going at my lieutenant at self defense ( i knew i would have won :P)The_Last_Ride
Small guy?
Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts
Well there are only two things i really regret, 1, not sueing my lieutenant in the army, 2, not going at my lieutenant at self defense ( i knew i would have won :P)The_Last_Ride
You used to serve the Military? Interesting.
Noteldnep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Noteldnep
Member since 2005 • 20170 Posts
What happened? Did the guy assault you or something?
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#87 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
I often make decisions that I regret, which is why I always think about what I'm gonna do. I don't just do things like everyone else, there's always gonna be a sacrifice in order to get something that you want or need.