Computer Technical Discussion

#4101 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
next month i'll be deciding on wether to get a 7970 or 680, I do wonder if the 770 is a good choice postmortem (or tabby in mitus case) says between the 7970/680, I should go with the 7970 non ref of course
#4102 Posted by wis3boi (31455 posts) -
[QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="harry_james_pot"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

Just picked up this bad boy this past week.

Solid 60fps in just about every game.  Now I can actually run Skyrim on my own custom ENB without blue screening :lol:

harry_james_pot

Congrats! :D No PhysX for you, though. :P

60fps with high phsyx in borderlands 2. Bite me :P

Oh wait.. You're using the 570 for PhysX. :D

Nope

#4103 Posted by harry_james_pot (10885 posts) -
[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"][QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="harry_james_pot"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

Solid 60fps in just about every game.  Now I can actually run Skyrim on my own custom ENB without blue screening :lol:

wis3boi

Nope

What then?
#4104 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -
[QUOTE="2ndWonder"]next month i'll be deciding on wether to get a 7970 or 680, I do wonder if the 770 is a good choice postmortem (or tabby in mitus case) says between the 7970/680, I should go with the 7970 non ref of course

770 is better than 680. It's basically an OC 680. And for AMD wait for their next cards, they are coming soon. [QUOTE="harry_james_pot"] What then?

CPU?
#4105 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
I'll wait and see what they are like. And yeah the cpu can handle physx if you have a good enough one. I had it on high, there had to be a crazy amount before I noticed any dropping of my fps. (found that out from testing it) that never happened in game though.
#4106 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -
2nd you never said which character mods you got on skyrim.
#4107 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
I did, you must have missed it :( The latest character I've been showing off is based on this mod http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/38326/? Seranaholic It was tough getting her to look like that even after following everything. Here she is   she's special, so wolves don't attack her =P  My other charrie, she's the last pre-set on the lovergirl race  after I installed seranaholic, a mod conflicted with her :( causing warpaint to appear on her face. If I try to alter, it messes her face up.  So I'm fine with this. If I unistall seranaholic, her face is normal again.
#4108 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
Images are or were in bmp format :/ afterburner won't take screenshots anymore, so I have to use the printscreen button. I could use fraps, but I never think of that XD
#4109 Posted by wis3boi (31455 posts) -
[QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="harry_james_pot"][QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="harry_james_pot"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

harry_james_pot

Nope

What then?

straight cpu.  Borderlands is basically the only game that does phsyX correctly....every other game that has it is a waste.

#4110 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -
[QUOTE="2ndWonder"]I did, you must have missed it :( The latest character I've been showing off is based on this mod http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/38326/? Seranaholic It was tough getting her to look like that even after following everything. Here she is   she's special, so wolves don't attack her =P  My other charrie, she's the last pre-set on the lovergirl race  after I installed seranaholic, a mod conflicted with her :( causing warpaint to appear on her face. If I try to alter, it messes her face up.  So I'm fine with this. If I unistall seranaholic, her face is normal again.

Are these on Steam as well?
#4111 Posted by harry_james_pot (10885 posts) -
[QUOTE="horgen123"] CPU?

Doesn't it run horribly on CPUs, though?
#4112 Posted by harry_james_pot (10885 posts) -
[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"][QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="harry_james_pot"][QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="harry_james_pot"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

Nope

What then?

straight cpu.  Borderlands is basically the only game that does phsyX correctly....every other game that has it is a waste.

It's pretty nice in Arkham City too.
#4113 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -
[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"][QUOTE="horgen123"] CPU?

Doesn't it run horribly on CPUs, though?

Well it does require quite a bit I think. I could be wrong.
#4114 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
Are these on Steam as well?horgen123
Those two aren't :(
#4115 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -
[QUOTE="horgen123"]Are these on Steam as well?2ndWonder
Those two aren't :(

You only linked to one. You use Skyrim through steam right? How do I do it so I can use these with Steam installed Skyrim?
#4116 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
Oops sorry horgen :( I'll link the other with this post. Lovergirl Race - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29766/? And yes I use skyrim through steam :) I use something simple, it's called the nexus mod manager. it organizes your mods and to download a mod, all you have to do is a click download on the nexus site and it will download the file on the program, which you can then use that and install the mod. Also keep track of your mods, it's an amazing program. This is just a picture I just took  Nexus mod manager is here - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/modmanager//? Anyone who can guess who she is gets a cookie
#4117 Posted by wis3boi (31455 posts) -
what up moxxi
#4118 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
easy wasn't it :P That is armor for my charrie, I can give it to you if you want it. I have a lilith one, but it doesn't work :/
#4119 Posted by wis3boi (31455 posts) -

easy wasn't it :P That is armor for my charrie, I can give it to you if you want it. I have a lilith one, but it doesn't work :/2ndWonder

I'm a lore nut for Elder Scrolls, so i'd never use it, but it is hilarious :P  

#4120 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
I see. :P well if you think it's funny I have more can show off. :P
#4121 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
hopefully these fit the page right: here goes :P *Note my enb may interfere with the colors, I'm using a new fantasy themed one* This is called Dead Master  Kat from the newest DMC  Elara from Hunted: The Demons Forge  The Elin race from Tera (I think)  Lebaru from final fantasy 13, maybe 13-2 as well?  Lightning  Juliet (pre-order dlc for lolipop chain saw, I have this dlc :P)  Katarina from Dungeon Siege 3  You better know who she is from Mortal Kombat :P  she's also from Hunted: The Demon's forge  Last but not least :P  Ok, I think this is overkill XD
#4122 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -
Can I get any of those on steam?
#4123 Posted by wis3boi (31455 posts) -
dafuq :lol:
#4124 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
Can I get any of those on steam? horgen123
Nope, some of them I got from a japanese site. They will most likely never be on steam or the nexus. If you have the nexus mod manager for skyrim, I can give you some of them and tell you how to get them in game.
#4125 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
dafuq :lol:wis3boi
lol, guess some people aren't happy with the current char creation. Curiosity got the best of me and that's why i have them. I just use the chars I've been showing off.
#4126 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47675 posts) -
Right now I've been using my desktop more often. I think I am finally converting myself from laptop to desktop.
#4127 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
Right now I've been using my desktop more often. I think I am finally converting myself from laptop to desktop.Toph_Girl250
can it play games? :P
#4128 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47675 posts) -
I sure hope it can, will have to download some. This includes Steam. Must see how fun it really is.
#4129 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -
[QUOTE="horgen123"]Can I get any of those on steam? 2ndWonder
Nope, some of them I got from a japanese site. They will most likely never be on steam or the nexus. If you have the nexus mod manager for skyrim, I can give you some of them and tell you how to get them in game.

How do I get the nexus mod manager?
#4130 Posted by harry_james_pot (10885 posts) -
[QUOTE="2ndWonder"][QUOTE="horgen123"]Can I get any of those on steam? horgen123

How do I get the nexus mod manager?

On the nexus site, there's a link at the top.
#4131 Posted by harry_james_pot (10885 posts) -
All of this Skyrim mod talk is making me want to continue making mods again.. But I feel too lazy. :P
#4132 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -
[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"] On the nexus site, there's a link at the top.

Will look into once I have a bit of time.
#4133 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
Mange to find a good deal on a monitor from the local listings on a site, this one http://www.amazon.com/HP-2311x-23-Inch-LED-Monitor/dp/B004G8QO5C for $75, I need a new monitor and I think that one looks nice.
#4134 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47675 posts) -
All of this Skyrim mod talk is making me want to continue making mods again.. But I feel too lazy. :Pharry_james_pot
I'd love to make mods by the sounds of it, if only I knew how. :P
#4135 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
this monitor is amazing O_O It's even wide screen 1080p only payed $75 for it, got 2 brand new hdmi cables to for free. the guy I contacted and got it from was super nice, craigslist ftw
#4136 Posted by harry_james_pot (10885 posts) -
this monitor is amazing O_O It's even wide screen 1080p only payed $75 for it, got 2 brand new hdmi cables to for free. the guy I contacted and got it from was super nice, craigslist ftw2ndWonder
Congrats! New monitors are always one of the most fun upgrades. :D
#4137 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"] Congrats! New monitors are always one of the most fun upgrades. :D

I love it. :D Wish I had contacted him sooner, he said he a triple display set up. I could have gotten all three for about $200 - $250. Edit: if I had about $140 more I could have a triple 1080p set up, just found a listing for two 23'' 1080p monitors for $140 Edit2; will have a second 1080p monitor on tuesday, just got in contact with the person
#4138 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
Mitu, did you get any CTD's while playing Crysis 2? I've verified the game stuff on steam, everything came out okay. Just wondering.
#4139 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
Hit a new low point on crysis 3, which was 18 fps, but that was for just a second and a lot of things were going on. Most of the time it stays over 30 I have all settings on max except motion blur, which is on medium, and I have smaa x1 (don't know what is better), af is at x16 weird, if I view this on windows media player, it's super dark. but after putting it on youtube, it's a bit better. also new low fps mark, 13, but I was recording so that could be a factor. I also enabled MLAA, on the catalyst thingy. I think it's supposed to help with jaggys, i'll have to take some screens and see.
#4140 Posted by valereth85 (4683 posts) -

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/apple-iphone-5s-fingerprint-sensor-hacked-1.1864995

Suck it Apple 

#4141 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -
That's to be expected
#4142 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
I'll get my second new monitor today so I'll be gaming at 3840 x 1080 (if I can get it set up that way) thought about a triple monitor setup, but went against it :P
#4143 Posted by wis3boi (31455 posts) -

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]dafuq :lol:2ndWonder
lol, guess some people aren't happy with the current char creation. Curiosity got the best of me and that's why i have them. I just use the chars I've been showing off.

Here's my Witch/bard character.  She does lots of magic, alchemy, and plays music at the taverns at night (speech skill).  I change armor sets and hair often depending on mood :P

BE38BA303192729F4C81802D81CECAFF7911AE5E

A908D0974BC81FBF97FAE28E1F43D69298BC4EA8

And some old shots of my first skyrim character, a ranger/thief

52B651A641A959509F2F07C565D23A7AA2CFD0E0

53ACB32CA1F4AC01680B9D27F1F1D5E98FA9CC2A

2048x1152.resizedimage

#4144 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
she looks super nice. may I ask what armor is in the third picture? Wish I could visit the taverns and see her play the music :P But she looks nice, she would be a cool companion if you could make that. :P She probably beats me at magic. While I've been upping my magicka each time i level, my charrie specializes in stealth, sneak is at 99 and so is archery. Lately I've been working with my conjuration and one hand. I'd like a thief char, so I was thinking about working with my lockpicking to.
#4145 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
think I got jipped out of the monitor, the guy didn't answer any of my texts today and we were supposed to meet, oh well. I'm happy that I have a new HD one now. Now I can move on to other things. If I save my money now and wait about 2 weeks, I'll have almost enough to buy a 7970 (if things go right). Not sure if I should go for that, or save up for tax and gas money, and just buy a new mobo/cpu. But that would take a bit longer and I'm not known to hold on to money for awhile. :P
#4146 Posted by wis3boi (31455 posts) -

she looks super nice. may I ask what armor is in the third picture? Wish I could visit the taverns and see her play the music :P But she looks nice, she would be a cool companion if you could make that. :P She probably beats me at magic. While I've been upping my magicka each time i level, my charrie specializes in stealth, sneak is at 99 and so is archery. Lately I've been working with my conjuration and one hand. I'd like a thief char, so I was thinking about working with my lockpicking to.2ndWonder

The armor is an edited model of Triss's armor from The Witcher 2, imported model.  it's called Shredded Triss armor.

http://skyrim.2game.info/detail.php?id=18113

Shall I play you a song?

NLHXx4Q.jpg

#4147 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -
think I got jipped out of the monitor, the guy didn't answer any of my texts today and we were supposed to meet, oh well. I'm happy that I have a new HD one now. Now I can move on to other things. If I save my money now and wait about 2 weeks, I'll have almost enough to buy a 7970 (if things go right). Not sure if I should go for that, or save up for tax and gas money, and just buy a new mobo/cpu. But that would take a bit longer and I'm not known to hold on to money for awhile. :P2ndWonder
Hold on to your current GPU a little longer. While the 7970 is a steal at its current price, the RX-290 is soon released... :P
#4148 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -

The armor is an edited model of Triss's armor from The Witcher 2, imported model.  it's called Shredded Triss armor.

http://skyrim.2game.info/detail.php?id=18113

Shall I play you a song?

NLHXx4Q.jpg

wis3boi
Thanks, that armor looks awesome. *listens to song* "There once was a hero named Ragnar the Red, who came riding to Whiterun from ole Rorikstead! And the braggart did swagger and brandish his blade, as he told of bold battles and gold he had made! But then he went quiet, did Ragnar the Red, when he met the shieldmaiden Matilda who said... Oh, you talk and you lie and you drink all our mead! Now I think it's high time that you lie down and bleed! And so then came the clashing and slashing of steel, as the brave lass Matilda charged in full of zeal! And the braggart named Ragnar was boastful no moooooree... when his ugly red head rolled around on the floor!" :P
#4149 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -
[QUOTE="horgen123"] Hold on to your current GPU a little longer. While the 7970 is a steal at its current price, the RX-290 is soon released... :P

I saw the picture with those cards and I'm subscribed to a cool guy on youtube, he used to do motherboardsorg, now it's pctomorrow, he went over the cards. What you think the 290x will be priced at? I also wish it had more vram :/ it's supposed to be their best card and it only has 4gb of ram, why not a 6gb one to?
#4150 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -

53ACB32CA1F4AC01680B9D27F1F1D5E98FA9CC2A

wis3boi
Damn, look at the cans on her D=