leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

I am lacking incentive to come back to the site. im trying, but the activity is just not there.

Noteldnep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#102  Edited By Noteldnep
Member since 2005 • 20170 Posts

@Paper: Hey, good to hear from you and glad you've been doing well. Hope your college endeavors are going well, too.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 leon2365

still not much going on here I see.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#104  Edited By TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts

I think the unions at least wouldn't be as dead if only they didn't take so long bringing them back when we transitioned to the new site.

Noteldnep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Noteldnep

I'm not so sure activity would be a whole lot different right now even if the union boards had been on the new site from the get go. A lot of people (including me) left the site once the old design was no more.

They'd probably be a bit more active, but not like they were on the old design.

Avatar image for papermariofan57
papermariofan57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#106 papermariofan57
Member since 2008 • 121960 Posts

@Noteldnep: I would be still around if it wasnt for this shitty design. It's been almost a year now. :(

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#107 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

*waves*

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By TAMKFan

@Noteldnep said:

I'm not so sure activity would be a whole lot different right now even if the union boards had been on the new site from the get go. A lot of people (including me) left the site once the old design was no more.

They'd probably be a bit more active, but not like they were on the old design.

Unions would probably be a bit more active now if they were more easily accessed. Right now, pretty much the only way you can find them is through the stickied thread in the Feedback forum with the list of unions, or through someone's post history.

Princess-peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#109  Edited By Princess-peach
Member since 2006 • 62385 Posts

Hey guys it's been awhile since I spoke to you all I just wanted to let you all know that I'm doing ok and that you can contact me by message or send a message through Paper or kitty since I'm not at all on, less time than the last couple of years all together. It took me awhile just to find this page and I hope to spend more time on but I doubt it. Love you all, laters, Lulu -x-

Noteldnep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Noteldnep

It's just too bad to see this place in the state it's in now. This was one of the best unions on this site and now it's lucky to even get a couple of posts a month.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 TAMKFan

Yeah, it doesn't look like this will change anytime soon, sadly. More than half of my posts were from unions, with this one making up a large chunk. I still check this union often just to see if it's gotten any posts recently.

harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator

I really miss all of you.. :(

papermariofan57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 papermariofan57

^You are a mod now? :O

papermariofan57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 papermariofan57

If they only changed GS the way it was...I would come back and so would many other people.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 TAMKFan

Yeah. In the end, the big change to the site just wasn't worth it. They changed it to fix the bugs, but now the site is still buggier than it should be, even if they did get rid of certain other bugs.

harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 harry_james_pot  Moderator

@papermariofan57 said:

Yep! How are you doing? :D

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@papermariofan57 said:

There's a mod here now? :O

papermariofan57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 papermariofan57

@kitty: There are 2 mods here now :cry: :(

papermariofan57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By papermariofan57

@harry_james_pot: Taking a break from college for now...only to get back in two weeks with the same routine! -.- How about you?? It's been a while since last time we spoke!

TAMKfan@: They should be aware of that by now!

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 kitty  Moderator

@papermariofan57 said:

@kitty: There are 2 mods here now :cry: :(

But I've been a mod for like 2 years now :(

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 TAMKFan

@papermariofan57: They probably are, but it's just that there's no going back now.

@kitty: Yeah, I remember you even being a mod on the old site.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#122  Edited By mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

@TAMKFan said:

Yeah. In the end, the big change to the site just wasn't worth it. They changed it to fix the bugs, but now the site is still buggier than it should be, even if they did get rid of certain other bugs.

No change is worth it if it means to make people leave, and I'm surprised to hear it's buggier now than ever which makes me wonder why the change anyways.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 TAMKFan

@mitu123 said:

@TAMKFan said:

No change is worth it if it means to make people leave, and I'm surprised to hear it's buggier now than ever which makes me wonder why the change anyways.

If only they had fixed some things before, maybe some people wouldn't have left. Forums in general already aren't what they once were (which I'm sure you've noticed, right?), but the site change made things worse than they already would have been here.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By mitu123

Even coming back I encountered some odd bugs on this site.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By TAMKFan

Well, at least Bonk is gone. That was getting pretty bad for a while on the old site.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 mitu123

@TAMKFan said:

Well, at least Bonk is gone. That was getting pretty bad for a while on the old site.

Instead, whoops replaces oops, 503 and 504 are still around and I encountered them the 1st few days I got back here(for a bit).

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 TAMKFan

@mitu123 said:

@TAMKFan said:

Instead, whoops replaces oops, 503 and 504 are still around and I encountered them the 1st few days I got back here(for a bit).

It's been quite a while since I've last gotten any of those.

It really is too bad at what unions have become now, isn't it?

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 leon2365

it is a travesty really. all we can do now is chat in the OT forums which are full of too many immature people.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 TAMKFan

Yeah, whenever I post these days, it's usually in OT. Unions really just need to make some kind of come back.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 leon2365

they could, but we need to advertise them first. I still have that list of union boards that made it to the new site from a while back. took me forever to dig through bug and feedback to find the thread. lol.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 TAMKFan

They just need to have union boards more easily accessible. What they should do is include a link to a directory of the unions boards on the main forums page. But with the state the site is in now, I'm not sure how much it would help.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 kitty  Moderator

if you guys still hang out here, lets bring life back to this place.
No need to split apart as friends over this, if you want some topics stickied/removed I'll do it.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By TAMKFan

@kitty said:

No need to split apart as friends over this, if you want some topics stickied/removed I'll do it.

Hey there. I'm still checking this board often. Bringing it back to life would be nice. I've noticed that some of the old regulars of this place still post in other boards, so if we tried, maybe it could happen, at least to an extent. Any ideas?

Also, has there been any word from GS about unions lately?

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 kitty  Moderator

I'm willing to come here every day and several times a day if that means we can bring some life back here. It was nice talking to you and the others when this place was active. Now its one of the few unions that got carried over and.... we aren't exactly making use of that after we asked for it be brought over to the new database. Consider this board a rare one.

New topics stickies and members will help. While we can't exactly just invite, we can ask and post a link. If anything goes wrong here, its easy to contact the mods and get it handled how it should be.
No word I'm afraid. :(

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By TAMKFan

@kitty: Yeah, that would be nice. We pretty much begged for some unions to at least be carried over, so we should make use of it. I mean, in that case, maybe GS could be convinced to fully re-introduce unions?

I just went to let Mitu know that you're trying to bring this board back to life. Have you PMed any old regulars of this place or anything?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 mitu123

@kitty said:

But I'm hardly ever here so I won't be much help. Whenever I can be here, I can do it, but don't expect me to post like those days as I'm done with trying to be really active on this site in general. It's why I took a month break from here, and there's more of that coming.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 kitty  Moderator

@TAMKFan said:

@kitty: Yeah, that would be nice. We pretty much begged for some unions to at least be carried over, so we should make use of it. I mean, in that case, maybe GS could be convinced to fully re-introduce unions?

I just went to let Mitu know that you're trying to bring this board back to life. Have you PMed any old regulars of this place or anything?

Could be something that would happen in the future. Don't think that synthia has ignored everyone, she brings this up. But I guess not enough is showing interest or there are just other important things that need to be focused on behind the scenes.
But out of all the boards that were carried over, I believe none are active, or ever where. We need to show that at least there is one trying to make something happen.

I'm going to PM whoever I see that was part of this place.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By kitty  Moderator
@mitu123 said:
@kitty said:

But I'm hardly ever here so I won't be much help. Whenever I can be here, I can do it, but don't expect me to post like those days as I'm done with trying to be really active on this site in general. It's why I took a month break from here, and there's more of that coming.

Those days won't come back, not really what I'm looking for. Just a hangout, post whenever you can and are willing. Its sad that nearly everyone we all called "friends" on here split apart when the site changed. We still have this board, so why did we all split?

That's a question I asked myself recently. I get we all have a life, but that shouldn't stop us from saying hi or stopping by sometimes. We posted together for quite awhile and I see that some of us still use the site, which means we haven't moved away from here.

So what's stopping us from talking to each other when we can? That's another thing I questioned myself over. But I'm gonna see who still hangs out and see if they are willing to come back here. The crazy posting days are indeed over, but we as friends aren't over?

Or are we? I know you post at TRC, but thats to the others that see this. We can't really be friends anymore if we never speak to each other. Hope you get what I'm trying to say and do.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By TAMKFan

@kitty said:
@TAMKFan said:

Could be something that would happen in the future. Don't think that synthia has ignored everyone, she brings this up. But I guess not enough is showing interest or there are just other important things that need to be focused on behind the scenes.

But out of all the boards that were carried over, I believe none are active, or ever where. We need to show that at least there is one trying to make something happen.

I'm going to PM whoever I see that was part of this place.

So, Synthia actually does still bring up unions sometimes?

And yeah, I believe all of them are dead. I think the fact that it took so long to bring the unions over in the first place plays a factor in that. As for PMing old regulars you find, okay then, sounds cool. I still see some of the old regulars posting in OT. I just PMed another user about this place who used to post here, but just recently returned to GS.

nikkycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#140 nikkycat
Member since 2010 • 912 Posts

>__>

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 TAMKFan

@nikkycat said:

>__>

Hello there, Nikkycat. How are you?

nikkycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 nikkycat

@TAMKFan: Deciding what to do for lunch, how're you?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By mitu123

@kitty said:
@mitu123 said:
@kitty said:

Those days won't come back, not really what I'm looking for. Just a hangout, post whenever you can and are willing. Its sad that nearly everyone we all called "friends" on here split apart when the site changed. We still have this board, so why did we all split?

That's a question I asked myself recently. I get we all have a life, but that shouldn't stop us from saying hi or stopping by sometimes. We posted together for quite awhile and I see that some of us still use the site, which means we haven't moved away from here.

So what's stopping us from talking to each other when we can? That's another thing I questioned myself over. But I'm gonna see who still hangs out and see if they are willing to come back here. The crazy posting days are indeed over, but we as friends aren't over?

Or are we? I know you post at TRC, but thats to the others that see this. We can't really be friends anymore if we never speak to each other. Hope you get what I'm trying to say and do.

Well kitty, I get what you're saying, and I can still come by at times to post, as I do plan to post here when I have the time. So far I'm busy with other things and sometimes take breaks, but that doesn't mean I can't come here because I can and will talk when I have some free time. Like you said things changed and we have to do the best we can for this union to survive even though the damage was done, as long as we stick together here and keep posting here that's what matters the most, friend! So I have not abandoned you at all, I'm on a bit less but can still come here to talk here about anything.

Also hey Nikky.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 TAMKFan

@nikkycat said:

@TAMKFan: Deciding what to do for lunch, how're you?

Just can't decide what to eat? I'm actually a little tired. I'm going to lay down soon.

nikkycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By nikkycat

@TAMKFan: Yeah I can't decide. I also wonder if anyone here besides you remembers who I am lol.

@mitu123: Whats up?

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 TAMKFan

@nikkycat said:

@TAMKFan: Yeah I can't decide. I also wonder if anyone here besides you remembers who I am lol.

Well, Mitu remembers you. I asked him myself if he does.

So, have you been able to decide yet?

nikkycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 nikkycat

@TAMKFan: nah, I'm always indecisive xD

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 mitu123

@nikkycat said:

I remember you, and you remember me.=O It's been ages since I last seen you, I can't remember the last time we met! Well, I'm going to see Avengers Age of Ultron today with some friends for a start so I have to get ready soon as I'm seeing it not too long from now. In 3D as well, even though it's more expensive.

nikkycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 nikkycat

@mitu123: heh, yeah I haven't posted on this account in about 5 years, and my older account since.. I don't even though lol.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By TAMKFan

@nikkycat said:

@TAMKFan: nah, I'm always indecisive xD

I'm like that with some things too.

So, how many cats do you own?