horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts
When they in the election process promise this and that but end up doing nothing or the opposite of what they promised when they have the power...

Are they ever punished for not doing what they promised?
lancelot200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lancelot200
Member since 2005 • 61977 Posts
The electorate can decide not to reelect them.
Avatar image for jediknight52501
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 jediknight52501
Member since 2005 • 69715 Posts
When they in the election process promise this and that but end up doing nothing or the opposite of what they promised when they have the power...

Are they ever punished for not doing what they promised? horgen123
no.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 horgen  Moderator
The electorate can decide not to reelect them.lancelot200
Is that it?
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kelayr
Member since 2005 • 61857 Posts
It's very common for politicians to make empty promises just to get themselves elected. Those who do this though obviously risk having their credibility thrown out the window in the eyes of the people. Can they be punished? Technically they aren't breaking any laws or rules so I highly doubt they can.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#6 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
It's very common for politicians to make empty promises just to get themselves elected. Those who do this though obviously risk having their credibility thrown out the window in the eyes of the people. Can they be punished? Technically they aren't breaking any laws or rules so I highly doubt they can.silentexistence
yeah, i would go with this
Noteldnep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Noteldnep
Member since 2005 • 20170 Posts

Pretty much the only effect it has that could even come close to being considered bad for them is that they will lose respect of many people, but I doubt that they even care about that so it really doesn't have a negative effect on them.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_Last_Ride
i really have little respect for politicians since they lie, cheat, steal and corrupt things anywhere they are
Avatar image for jediknight52501
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jediknight52501
Member since 2005 • 69715 Posts
i really have little respect for politicians since they lie, cheat, steal and corrupt things anywhere they areThe_Last_Ride
not all politicians are evil.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 horgen  Moderator
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]i really have little respect for politicians since they lie, cheat, steal and corrupt things anywhere they arejediknight52501

We have a few cases going on in Norway atm. Apparently Norwegian politicians are immune against corruption. :roll:
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="jediknight52501"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]i really have little respect for politicians since they lie, cheat, steal and corrupt things anywhere they arehorgen123

We have a few cases going on in Norway atm. Apparently Norwegian politicians are immune against corruption. :roll:

yup, and lost respect for them because of it, including all scandals all parties have had
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 horgen  Moderator
[QUOTE="horgen123"][QUOTE="jediknight52501"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]i really have little respect for politicians since they lie, cheat, steal and corrupt things anywhere they areThe_Last_Ride

yup, and lost respect for them because of it, including all scandals all parties have had

None of them are clean though. And why are the only things they can agree on... be tax increases...? Took them 6 years to realise that giving diesel engined vehicles a tax decrease would be a bad thing. The warnings were there from long before they ever altered the tax system for vehicles. Why are still horsepower and weight taxed a lot more than emissions, when they want people to use vehicles which has lower emissions?

To get back on track. It is not normal for a politician in Norway to ever step out of politics or leave their job to someone else if they have been acting as corrupted. There was recently one who had his career shut down in 24 hours. Reason being drugs. Loved the reason the party leader gave to. "We make the laws, we shall follow them to".
lancelot200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lancelot200
How strong is party loyalty in Norway? and what kind of election system do you have?
[QUOTE="lancelot200"]The electorate can decide not to reelect them.horgen123
Is that it?

That's it. You can only charge someone for making false statements in the courts.
Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts
I think this world would be better off with no Politicians. Politicians/Political Parties wouldn't be so bad if there's a way to prevent the corrupt types moving in and corrupting it.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 horgen  Moderator
How strong is party loyalty in Norway? and what kind of election system do you have? [QUOTE="horgen123"][QUOTE="lancelot200"]The electorate can decide not to reelect them.lancelot200
Is that it?

That's it. You can only charge someone for making false statements in the courts.

It's strong enough if that is what you're asking. The election process has changed a bit. Instead of saying why you should vote for us, it's now more like. This is why you shouldn't vote for them.

We have a messed up voting system. My vote, because of where I live, has less power than someone from the north of the country. Well living up north.
Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts
America may be bad, but it sounds like other countries can have their problems too, too bad a perfect paradise doesn't exist. You'd need to take refuge on a tropical island if you've absolutely had it with all civilization.
lancelot200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lancelot200

It's strong enough if that is what you're asking. The election process has changed a bit. Instead of saying why you should vote for us, it's now more like. This is why you shouldn't vote for them.

We have a messed up voting system. My vote, because of where I live, has less power than someone from the north of the country. Well living up north. horgen123
If parties always vote together then it's strong. If MPs don't always vote together then it's not strong.

Give me a name. I'm a political science student. I can understand this.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 horgen  Moderator
Problem is I don't have good enough understanding of it to explain it with the proper terms...

From Wikipedia
Politics in Norway take place in the framework of a parliamentary representative democratic constitutional monarchy. Executive power is exercised by the King's council, the cabinet, led by the Prime Minister of Norway. Legislative power is vested in both the government and the Storting, elected within a multi-party system. The Judiciary is independent of the executive branch and the legislature.Wikipedia

One party does not have the majority here, they always have to work together. This has lead to two groups more or less. I hope this is somewhat understandable to you.
lancelot200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lancelot200
That doesn't tell me anything about the election system. That's about the government. I need to know how people are elected. Chances are Norway has a multi-member system with proportionaly representation or something similar.