Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

Why can't I anymore post pictures I have uploaded on Gamespot. It seems the URL link does not work :(  Anyone aware of this?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts

Why can't I anymore post pictures I have uploaded on Gamespot. It seems the URL link does not work :(  Anyone aware of this?

Teenaged

Have you tried " "?

If not, just use the "Insert/edit image" button on the toolbar.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Teenaged

I tried to quote your post but I always got an error warning! Gamespot: FIX IT!

Anyway, I always did the second you recommend but lately no image from within Gamespot appears. Only from other sites.

I tried no1 you recommend but it won't work. Gamespot again gives me an error message, as always! :x

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts

I find some of these really offensive, but at the same time HIGHLY ironic. 

Lansdowne5

Could you PM me or one of the other officers and specify which pictures you don't like and why?

Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Forerunner-117
Member since 2006 • 8800 Posts
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]

:lol: Yeah, I love the spy too. My favorite cIass I'd say. Not to brag, but I'm a beast of a spy. 8)

Funky_Llama

Yeah, it's my best and favourite class. To be honest, I think the reason for me doing well as a spy (if I do say so myself :P) is that the majority of TF2 players are absolutely crap. Which often cripples the teamwork, but that doesn't matter much to a spy. :P

Same here. :)

And yeah, there are a lot of... really bad players out there, haha. Thankfully, teamwork in TF2 is very important so when you have newbs mixed in, everything gets chaotic. :D

cowboymonkey21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 cowboymonkey21
Member since 2007 • 5297 Posts

Lansdowne5
Then why look at them?:?
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 domatron23

One of my favourites.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Teenaged

atheistHere's another.

i said...

And another.

ouch

timetravel

Sitri_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Sitri_
Member since 2008 • 731 Posts

From russell's teapot

One image removed. See post below. 

--Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5a79221380856
Russell's teapot is wonderful. Good finds Sitri. :)
Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Forerunner-117
Ahaha man, the last few posts had some good ones. :lol:
Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
Religious jokes can be entertaining, but they're even better when they don't equate one religious group or another with ignorance or some other undesirable trait. ;)
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Teenaged
Religious jokes can be entertaining, but they're even better when they don't equate one religious group or another with ignorance or some other undesirable trait. ;)Elraptor
Then there would be nothing funny. Besides, that's why they are jokes, so that they make you laugh without taken them seriously. If we believed what those jokes depict in the way it is presented in them then there would be no discussion in this union, only joke threads and mocking comments on religion.
wiebelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#65 wiebelo
Member since 2005 • 162 Posts

Could post the picture, but it's even better with sound.

http://jesuschristowned.ytmnd.com/

Enjoy!

Sitri_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Sitri_

Religious jokes can be entertaining, but they're even better when they don't equate one religious group or another with ignorance or some other undesirable trait. ;)Elraptor

Russel and his father were clearly talking about their family, any transference to the entire religious group was done entirely by the mind of the reader.  ;)

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Teenaged

atheist

I found this seconds ago and its funny!

Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Forerunner-117
:lol:
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#69 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"]

domatron23

Could you PM me or one of the other officers and specify which pictures you don't like and why?

Dom is right, anyone who finds any of these offensive please PM one of the officers and give a reason, we'll take the appropriate action.  Please bear in mind most of this is sarcasm, most of us get told we're going to hell on some pages on this site, let's try to keep things in prospective.

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 btaylor2404
I've stayed out of this board for a few reasons, but damn Sitri, Russell's Teapot is great.  Is that some kind of ongoing series I can read online?
Sitri_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Sitri_

I've stayed out of this board for a few reasons, but damn Sitri, Russell's Teapot is great.  Is that some kind of ongoing series I can read online?btaylor2404

http://russellsteapot.com/

Here is some more.  There are a lot of funny ones but I have been careful not to include any with words that get censored here.

Sitri_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Sitri_

;)

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Teenaged

fight

funny

Here are some more!

Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74 Lansdowne5
Member since 2008 • 6015 Posts

Let's even this out a bit -

Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Lansdowne5

And some more - 

Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Lansdowne5

And some more -

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts

Lansdowne5
That's not atheism.
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Funky_Llama

And some more - 

Lansdowne5
That's also not atheism. A pattern develops. >_>
Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Lansdowne5
[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"]

Funky_Llama

That's not atheism.

So? It's a joke. :P Just like the belief in a zombie one for Christianity. :)  

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"]

Lansdowne5

That's not atheism.

So? It's a joke. :P Just like the belief in a zombie one for Christianity. :)  

What can I say, I'm feeling argumentative enough to even attack jokey comments. :P
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 btaylor2404

And some more - 

Lansdowne5

I'd say all of these are of the same taste as any others.  We should not freak out, nor should any Christians.  It's all for fun and sarcasm.

Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Forerunner-117
Thanks for the link, Sitri. I'll definitely be checking out more from that site. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-5a79221380856

I like some of Lans' images, particularly the Bizarro one.

By the way, here's a funny image. I wish I could post it, but the language is bad.

Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Forerunner-117

By the way, here's a funny image. I wish I could post it, but the language is bad.

Genetic_Code

:lol: Nice find! I got a good laugh from that one.

cowboymonkey21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 cowboymonkey21
Member since 2007 • 5297 Posts

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Forerunner-117
[QUOTE="Forerunner-117"][QUOTE="Genetic_Code"]

Teenaged

:lol: Nice find! I got a good laugh from that one.

I liked that one too!

harrypotter

:lol: x2

Sitri_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Sitri_

:) 

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 domatron23

Kudos to Lansdowne for evening out the field. It reminds me of that southpark episode cartoon wars where instead of the Muslims reacting violently to a portrayals of Mohammed they just made a cartoon that took the mickey out of Jesus and America. That's the kind of response that I like to see.

I'll track down some creationist propaganda for us to have a laugh at.

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 domatron23

Okay here's my favourite comic from Mr Chick http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0055/0055_01.asp

And here's an atheistic parody http://www.facts4u.com/OffSite_Stored_Pages/wyd_files/wyd01.htm

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Teenaged
I got moderated for giving a link to an image that was offensive to someone. I guess the one that reported me is from this union and I would like some explanations as many users have done it and they were just fine. If a particular person has a problem with me then I don't know what to say. And I'm sure a user reported me, because if it was the action of a mod alone then all the links to "offensive" images would be moderated. I sure would use some decent explanation.
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 domatron23

I got moderated for giving a link to an image that was offensive to someone. I guess the one that reported me is from this union and I would like some explanations as many users have done it and they were just fine. If a particular person has a problem with me then I don't know what to say. And I'm sure a user reported me, because if it was the action of a mod alone then all the links to "offensive" images would be moderated. I sure would use some decent explanation.Teenaged

If it was a member of this union could they please just contact an officer rather than go right to the mods. If something really is bad then we're all too happy to take it down.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]I got moderated for giving a link to an image that was offensive to someone. I guess the one that reported me is from this union and I would like some explanations as many users have done it and they were just fine. If a particular person has a problem with me then I don't know what to say. And I'm sure a user reported me, because if it was the action of a mod alone then all the links to "offensive" images would be moderated. I sure would use some decent explanation.domatron23

If it was a member of this union could they please just contact an officer rather than go right to the mods. If something really is bad then we're all too happy to take it down.

That's what I though. And I would have deleted it myself if I was PMed about it, if that post was so "offensive" to "some" people that they couldn't bare to look at it or see the humor behind it.

But I dare guess that the person who did it might not be getting the same satisfaction out of following the instructions you gave several posts ago.

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 btaylor2404
[QUOTE="domatron23"]

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]I got moderated for giving a link to an image that was offensive to someone. I guess the one that reported me is from this union and I would like some explanations as many users have done it and they were just fine. If a particular person has a problem with me then I don't know what to say. And I'm sure a user reported me, because if it was the action of a mod alone then all the links to "offensive" images would be moderated. I sure would use some decent explanation.Teenaged

That's what I though. And I would have deleted it myself if I was PMed about it, if that post was so "offensive" to "some" people that they couldn't bare to look at it or see the humor behind it.

But I dare guess that the person who did it might not be getting the same satisfaction out of following the instructions you gave several posts ago.

This again?  We all need to decide if this thread, while funny from both sides, needs to continue or not.  I for one don't want to see any of our members receive moderation's anytime on our topics.  Obviously the several warnings and requests made by Dom, I and others is being ignored or the mods are watching this topic, which could very well be the situation.

Sitri_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Sitri_

I got moderated for giving a link to an image that was offensive to someone. I guess the one that reported me is from this union and I would like some explanations as many users have done it and they were just fine. If a particular person has a problem with me then I don't know what to say. And I'm sure a user reported me, because if it was the action of a mod alone then all the links to "offensive" images would be moderated. I sure would use some decent explanation.Teenaged

This is so god damn infuriating.  For some of us, like myself, to go to the lengths that we did to try and let those of opposing viewpoints say their peice without it being removed, and then not have that same courtesy returned pisses me the **** off.  This is pure ****ing backstabbing, plain and simple.  Higher moral ground my ****ing ass. 

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 btaylor2404

AGAIN:  If you feel any post on this topic is offensive please PM me. If you send it to any other officer, please forward it to me as well.  If this is just being watched by the mods, that's another story, but let's not let one topic derail what otherwise has been a very good union IMO.  It's real simple, PM me, I delete it, and report to the poster that it was deleted for X grounds, no name will be given. Anymore moderation's because of this topic and we will have to lock it.  We are all of various faiths or non-faiths and have had many civil discussions, I think we can afford courtesy to our fellow members and let the union handle this instead of the moderators.  They have enough to do than to worry about checking this topic every other day.

Bryan

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts

To help Btaylor, I want to cast a little light on the "official" moderator actions in this thread. We don't reveal details like the name of the reporting user, but we can discuss the moderated content up to a point. The problem with the most recently deleted posts is that the linked material used an obscene term for homosexuals (the same word sometimes used to describe cigarettes). The use of that word is never permitted on GS's forums or unions, and the prohibition on the word has nothing to do with religion. Logically, the deletion of that post really shouldn't create or exacerbate tensions between religious believers and atheists here. Our policy on the matter has no connection to conflicts between religious ideology.

Now, as for btaylor's request, that's a matter of union policy. Obviously, GS has given moderation tools to union administrations so that basic order can be maintained without requiring the constant intervention of global moderators in every instance. Therefore, PM'ing btaylor or the officers is an especially good idea where the material at issue is borderline--potentially offensive but not a flagrant ToU violation. Of course, all users have a right to report what they reasonably perceive as a ToU violation. You don't have to confine yourself to PM'ing the union leader or officer, but you would be doing the union administration, the global mods, and the union recruits a favor if you tried to settle relatively minor differences by resorting to the local administration before making official reports. At any rate, take these thoughts under advisement. Thanks. 

Avatar image for AlternatingCaps
AlternatingCaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 AlternatingCaps
Member since 2007 • 1714 Posts

And some more - 

Lansdowne5

Not sure I get this one. I mean, he didn't have any evidence that might point toward the origin of all life (no, don't say he could have just picked up a Bible...), so he couldn't claim to. He just discovered, as has been said many times before, how life came to be diverse, not how it came to be.

I do always love 70s lingo though.

Sitri_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Sitri_

Seeing as how when directly questioned about what he knows, he instead of answering told me to worry about cleaning up the boards, I think it is pretty much understood.

*pic removed by domatron23*

EDIT from domatron23: Sorry Sitri I fully emphathise with your frustration but personal attacks aren't the way to handle this.