deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts

I find this interesting research project being done by Harvard University called Project Implicit. It gauges what you believe subconsciously regarding morals, politics, race, or sex. Considering this union deals with primarily with religion, I thought that everyone would be interested in taking this quiz. The main site can be found here. The religion test can be found here. It'll take 10-15 minutes.

The religion I associated with most positively was Christianity, and then Hinduism, Judaism, and Islam was the least positively associated. These results don't surprise me that much. I was raised a Christian, and as a result, I have associated good terms like truth and justice with Christianity. Hinduism I have much respect for. Judaism, not so much. I'm very intolerant of Islam, mainly due to the evils done in its name.

So, how did you positively did you associate the four religions? 

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Were we taking the same test?  I saw Buddhism, but no Hinduism.

Anyway, I got Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and Buddhism, in that order.  They were pretty well all centered in the middle third of the continuum, with Christianity a little ahead of the pack and the other three about evenly spaced.

To be honest I'm not really sure how accurate that is; in at least three or four of them I forgot which one I was supposed to be associating with "good". :P

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

I the most positive with Islam and the most negative with Christianity. I think the other religions are fine though.

Thanks for sharing this.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I don't have to take the test to know my results.

Hinduism >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Judaism >>>>>>>>> Islam >>> Christianity
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts

I don't have to take the test to know my results.

foxhound_fox

Ah but that's only what you say to your self consciously. This test (purports to) examines what you unconsciously think. You should totally give it a try and see if it confirms the order you've given.

For me the order was Christianity>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Islam>>>>>Judaism>>>>>>Hinduism

It was kind of a surprise which either means that I'm some kind of closet anti-hinduist with repressed feelings of disdain for Hinduism or that the test isn't terribly accurate. It was probably just because I made a bunch of stupid mistakes. One time the word "Terrible" appeared and I sat there hesitating for like three seconds before I hit the key that associated it with good. There were a couple of mistakes like that throughout the test which might have skewed my results.

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 domatron23

Well it turns out that as well as being an anti-hinduist I'm also a racist because in the weapons test I "strongly associated black people with weapons". I'm also more racist then the average participant of that test because the average result was to only moderately associate black people with weapons.

I bet if I take the sexuality test it'll tell me that I'm a homosexual or something.

EDIT: Nope I'm just a regular homophobe. Thanks for sharing this G_C these tests are all very interesting.

Avatar image for bean-with-bacon
bean-with-bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bean-with-bacon
Member since 2008 • 2134 Posts

My result:

I'm not too surprised, although I thought Christianity would rank lower and I've always been pretty neutral to Judaism, probably because of lack of exposure.

EDIT: Did I take the wrong test? why is everyone talking about Hinduism?

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 domatron23

EDIT: Did I take the wrong test? why is everyone talking about Hinduism?

bean-with-bacon

Yeah Gabu had the same issue. Maybe they change between Hinduim and Bhuddism depending on which country you live in.

Avatar image for MetalGear_Ninty
MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MetalGear_Ninty
Member since 2008 • 6337 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]I don't have to take the test to know my results.

domatron23

Ah but that's only what you say to your self consciously. This test (purports to) examines what you unconsciously think. You should totally give it a try and see if it confirms the order you've given.

For me the order was Christianity>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Islam>>>>>Judaism>>>>>>Hinduism

It was kind of a surprise which either means that I'm some kind of closet anti-hinduist with repressed feelings of disdain for Hinduism or that the test isn't terribly accurate. It was probably just because I made a bunch of stupid mistakes. One time the word "Terrible" appeared and I sat there hesitating for like three seconds before I hit the key that associated it with good. There were a couple of mistakes like that throughout the test which might have skewed my results.

Mine was very similar to yours, except that Islam and Judaism was on the same level. I must admit, I'm very surprised; maybe I should join a church or something, and start becoming a rabid anti-Hindu. :P

EDIT: Also, I found where there could have been a possible source of error in the test; at some points the word 'Jew' would appear in big, bold letters, at which point you had to mark it as negative. This word doesn't only have religious connotations but also strong connotations of race, genocide, nazism etc. which could lead to confusions in peoples subconscious reactions towards that word in particular.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

Weird.

I took the test and the result had all 4 religions appear next to each other, right in the middle of the graph (am I so neutral? I didnt even know :P), with Judaism being just a tad lower.

So mine was like

Christianity = Hinduism = Islam >> Judaism.

Here:

bvb

And here is the link: https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/Study?tid=-1

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Teenaged

To be honest I'm not really sure how accurate that is; in at least three or four of them I forgot which one I was supposed to be associating with "good". :P

GabuEx

It was accurate though in more blatant comparisons.

When it had me associate good words with Islam (press I for words referring to Islam and positive words) while throwing words that refer to Christianity which words would have to go to the "negative" side, I admit I made ...."mistakes". :oops:

:P

And the truth is I dont know much about Judaism, so I guess it got lower due to gut feelings about it. I didnt even know I have any feelings about Judaism anyway.

Unless, Judaism was supposed to be next to the rest as well, but only was put lower because it didnt fit sideways in the graph. Like the symbol of Islam stayed next to the others but the name didnt fit and was placed lower. Hm...

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Teenaged

Well it turns out that as well as being an anti-hinduist I'm also a racist because in the weapons test I "strongly associated black people with weapons". I'm also more racist then the average participant of that test because the average result was to only moderately associate black people with weapons.

I bet if I take the sexuality test it'll tell me that I'm a homosexual or something.

EDIT: Nope I'm just a regular homophobe. Thanks for sharing this G_C these tests are all very interesting.

domatron23
I took the sexuality test too. It did seem pointless to me. In the end the errors one makes are due to the order the categories are presented and how you are used to one association in the first blocks and how this all changes in the next portions of the quiz.
Frattracide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Frattracide
Member since 2005 • 5395 Posts
The religion one won't work for me, I take the test but It just crashes the window for some reason. I took the weapons one though. Evidently I slightly associate weapons with black people. I choose to blame that on my time in the military.
Avatar image for AlternatingCaps
AlternatingCaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AlternatingCaps
Member since 2007 • 1714 Posts

I got Hinduism=Judaism>>>>>>Christianity=Islam, which is mostly right, but I feel Islam should be a bit lower. That's probably the result of my having screwed up the test somewhat. My mom walked in while I was in the middle of it, so it just sort of sat there with "GOSPEL" on the screen for about three minutes.

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 domatron23
[QUOTE="domatron23"]

Teenaged

I took the sexuality test too. It did seem pointless to me. In the end the errors one makes are due to the order the categories are presented and how you are used to one association in the first blocks and how this all changes in the next portions of the quiz.

That did seem to be a problem for me in the weapons test because first they associated weapons with black people and then changed it later on and I was just like "oh this test is so damned rigged towards making me a racist". In the sexuality test though they associated gay stuff with positive words first and I genuinely had a difficult time but when they switched it to associating gay stuff with negative words I completed it with ease.

That pretty much indicates that my homophobia was a greater contributing factor than the order the categories were presented in, which is a bit disturbing to say the least.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
I took the test again to see if it was accurate and I got pretty much the same results, except Judaism and Islam were tied. I took the homosexuality test and surprisingly, I had a moderate automatic preference for straight people over gay people. I would've thought it would be a strong automatic preference. Other interesting results: I have a strong automatic association with being a Republican. I also have a slight automatic association of males with science and females with liberal arts. I've taken some others, but I've forgotten the results. I want to take some more. These are really interesting, but it's late where I live, so I need to go to bed.
Avatar image for bean-with-bacon
bean-with-bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bean-with-bacon
Member since 2008 • 2134 Posts

Ok I took some others,

Took the sexuality test twice and both times got a slight preference for gay people.

Took the gender-career test and had a moderate association with males and careers.

Took the female-science test and had no automatic association.

Took the African American – European American test and had a slight preference for European Americans.

danwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 danwallacefan
Member since 2008 • 2413 Posts
Judaism then Christianity-Islam-Hinduism (they tied)
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#19 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

My result was,

Christianity = Judiasm >>> Hinduism >>> Islam.

I have not really met many non-muslims in my lfe so far and never really got any hands on experience with any of the other religions so I am not even sure myself as to who religion I regard the least.

The last one is correct though, I absolutely hate Islam because of sharia law, concept of jihad and ubber backward thinking still prevelant in the educated soceity like not sending children espcecially gilrs to co-education schools.:roll:

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ghoklebutter

My result was,

Christianity = Judiasm >>> Hinduism >>> Islam.

I have not really met many non-muslims in my lfe so far and never really got any hands on experience with any of the other religions so I am not even sure myself as to who religion I regard the least.

The last one is correct though, I absolutely hate Islam because of sharia law, concept of jihad and ubber backward thinking still prevelant in the educated soceity like not sending children espcecially gilrs to co-education schools.:roll:

Gambler_3

I don't intend to start a debate here, but do you even know what Jihad is? Jihad means struggle, and it's not only in the context of warfare. And education is very important according to Muhammad. He said "You must seek knowledge, even if it means going to (i.e) China". I have yet to see a single source in Islam depriving certain people from education. I would show you a link about what Sharia Law really is but you would just accuse me of being apologetic.

In other words, you're hating Islam even though it's evident you barely studied it. But everyone is entitled to their opinion...

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#21 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

In other words, you're hating Islam even though it's evident you barely studied it.

ghoklebutter

*sigh*

You tried your best to ignite a debate but I am not going to. Just to respond to some of your few points,

I never said that Islam forbids or discourages education, it forbids love before marriage(lol) and that's why many scholars advice to not send children in co-education schools because that's where it all starts.

I know about sharia law and obviously I meant jihad in the context of warfare and how it's causing so much unrest in the world today.

You can think I am clueless about Islam or whatever I dont care, that is all you have to say and everytime you fail to give even a shred of evidence to support your points.

Islam is by far the most arrogant, intolerant and dangerous religion in the world and there is no arguing that.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ghoklebutter
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]

In other words, you're hating Islam even though it's evident you barely studied it.

Gambler_3

*sigh*

You tried your best to ignite a debate but I am not going to.

Ugh sorry. :P I can't always keep a promise.

I never said that Islam forbids or discourages education, it forbids love before marriage(lol) and that's why many scholars advice to not send children in co-education schools because that's where it all starts.

I've heard that too. I think it's preposterous.

I know about sharia law and obviously I meant jihad in the context of warfare and how it's causing so much unrest in the world today.

Oops. :P

You can think I am clueless about Islam or whatever I dont care, that is all you have to say and everytime you fail to give even a shred of evidence to support your points.

Actually I'd say you are very well-informed. I said that you're clueless for a reason, but that's irrelevant. Funny how I showed you verses from the Qur'an and authentic Hadith yet I didn't bring a shred of evidence...Oh well, you are entitled your opinion, right?

Islam is by far the most arrogant, intolerant and dangerous religion in the world and there is no arguing that.

You accuse me of telling you that you are clueless, yet you say that there is no arguing that Islam is bad, etc. Catch-22 much?

Â