deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
I think I got an INTP or something close to INTJ the first time I took it and since then, I've taken it about five times and I have received INTJ every time. It sounds somewhat like me, but it doesn't describe me completely. INTP sounds a little like me.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
I'm an INTP for sure.
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts

Here's a link for the lazy.

INTP for me as well.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
INFJ.

When I first found out and read the description, I was disturbed at how accurate it was. And have noticed that I do well in smaller, more 1-on-1 conversations than in groups (I used to think I was just shy), can notice and read body language and tones in voice in order to determine moods, and have intuitive "feelings" that often come true (more than 3/4 of the time).

EDIT: I don't know why I put ENFJ, but it is actually INFJ.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

Anytime I take these tests I come out as Extroverted.  However, I find myself to be directly in the middle between Extroverted and Introverted.  Judging/Perceiving is also somewhere in the middle though I lean toward Judging.

With that said, I'm ENTJ.  The "NT" in the center is especially true.

Avatar image for RationalAtheist
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RationalAtheist
Member since 2007 • 4428 Posts

Here's a link for the lazy.

INTP for me as well.

domatron23

Thanks for the link. It seems to me of little use as an indicator of personality: Its self-assessed (in this case), is statistically dubious (normal rather than bi-modal distibution), high unreliability rates in re-tests, seems of no practical use and appeals to people's ideals, rather than their actions.

Many descriptions fall into the Barnum effect syndrome, where vague descriptions seem particularly applicable to a wide range of people. The untested Jungs 1920's theory of personality type into 16 categories and roles seems far too simplistic, anecdotal and limiting to me.

So I'm ????.