warrenmats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

User Lists: 0

#1 warrenmats
Member since 2008 • 2247 Posts

I dont think they got any respect towards other religions, and they think only they will go to heaven and such. Seriously? this christian woman gave me a book about cristianity, and it said that suicidals, atheism. people who partisapate in war or the military, will all go to hell and suffer in hell for eternity. Those idiots probably dont know how suicidals fell. And the military fights for our country, and how could cristians say something like that? And Christians also think nonbelievers will go to hell for not believing in god. Man, how is not believing in something sinful? I cant believe im getting pissed while writing a post.

sorry if u thought this topic is a troll topic, but im not trying to troll, its my opinions

Avatar image for RationalAtheist
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 RationalAtheist
Member since 2007 • 4428 Posts
Give her a break. Handing out books and yelling at people can't be that much fun.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts
I think you will find if you interact with enough people that "Christians" do not compose a homogeneous monolith united in thought and doctrine.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Way to generalize an entire group of people (numbering in the multiple billions) by the actions of one woman, who obviously knows very little about the reality of her religion.
Frattracide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Frattracide
Member since 2005 • 5395 Posts

I think you will find if you interact with enough people that "Christians" do not compose a homogeneous monolith united in thought and doctrine.GabuEx

Yes they do. . . Or was that the Borg?  . . .No I'm pretty sure that's christians. . .  They're the ones with the cubes right?

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]I think you will find if you interact with enough people that "Christians" do not compose a homogeneous monolith united in thought and doctrine.Frattracide

Yes they do. . . Or was that the Borg?  . . .No I'm pretty sure that's christians. . .  They're the ones with the cubes right?

Well I suppose if you divided up the cross symbol into six squares and then folded them into each other that you'd get a cube... :P

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts

Hm, I've heard of Christians saying that atheists and suicidals will go to hell but never people who participate in the military. Did you happen to catch what denomination this particular woman represented?

The thing that I think you need to understand first of all is that this woman was just representing the dogma of her religion. She probably wasn't that bad of a person but her faith told her that only Christians would go to heaven (most sects of Christianity are exclusivist), that atheists and suicidals would go to an eternal hell (again this represents most sects of christianity but I'm sure you know the other side of the coin from your hell thread) and that military personel are doomed to a like fate (this one sounds a bit sketchy).

So if you want to be upset about something don't aim it at this one particular woman, aim it at the bizarre and sometimes reprehensible ethics espoused in the Bible. The construct behind this person's faith is likely what needs to be called out, not the individual.

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts

sorry if u thought this topic is a troll topic, but im not trying to troll, its my opinions

warrenmats

I'm not so much concerned about your post as I am your topic title. Have a think about whether Christians or the dogma of Christianity is offensive to you and if you like you can change your topic title accordingly (using the edit button).

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
[...] Did you happen to catch what denomination this particular woman represented? [...]domatron23

May have been an extremist Evangelical Mennonite.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts

Hm, I've heard of Christians saying that atheists and suicidals will go to hell but never people who participate in the military. Did you happen to catch what denomination this particular woman represented?domatron23

Same here. Most Christians respect their country's military.

The concept of hell is a troubling feature of Christianity, although there is some debate as to whether it's biblical, but it's none of my interest really. Who cares though? Let them believe whatever they want to believe so as long as their beliefs do not dictate how people are treated.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#11 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts
Apart from the military people part, everything she said is indeed the true representation of the general christian-muslim belief. Whoever tells you otherwise is simply being an apologetic...
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
[QUOTE="Frattracide"]

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]I think you will find if you interact with enough people that "Christians" do not compose a homogeneous monolith united in thought and doctrine.GabuEx

Well I suppose if you divided up the cross symbol into six squares and then folded them into each other that you'd get a cube... :P

And if you take the energy from that cube and apply it to any electronic device, it'll turn into a very structurally flexible sentient robot. Everyone knows that. :P