Parandrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Parandrus
Member since 2008 • 2511 Posts

I have a paper on pagan roots in Christian holidays coming up, and I'm looking for some good sources. I have Holiday Symbols and Customs: A Guide to the Legend and Lore Behind the People, Places, Food, Animals, and Other, Symbols and Customs Associated with Holidays already which has some good information, but not very detailed. If anyone knows any good books or websites that could help, it would be appreciated.

Normally I would just PM someone, but I don't know who specifically has knowledge of the subject.

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts
Hmm well I had a quick browse on my university's library search engine but with little success. In the place of an authorative piece of scholarship I'll give you a link to some dodgy looking website on the subject. I wouldn't cite it but you never know it might give you some ideas.
Parandrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Parandrus
Yea, most of the sites that have come up for me are Christian made that don't really discuss the topic.
THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts
Wikipedia of any use?
Parandrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Parandrus
Wiki has been some help. I haven't checked too much in it because I usually like to compile other sources first.