lancelot200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lancelot200
Member since 2005 • 61977 Posts

What do you guys associate to human nature? This has come to my head I was learning again about Thomas Hobbes. He was the first individual to disassociate basic concept (justice, equality...) from human nature. I guess you can through a bit of religion in the topic, as long as you explain how it came to be if it's not by nature.

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts

I honestly don't know what you're asking me man.

What do I associate with human nature?....... idontbloodyknowmate uhhh selfishness?

Explain how human nature came to be........ cognitive evolution?

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts

What do you guys associate to human nature?

lancelot200
Gullibility, groupthink, irrationality, and intolerance bordering on the psychopathic.
lancelot200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lancelot200
Member since 2005 • 61977 Posts
Hmm...I guess that I'm using too much Philosophy did not give sufficent information for you guys to talk from scratch. :lol: Oh well. I'll know for next time. :P
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

What do you guys associate to human nature? This has come to my head I was learning again about Thomas Hobbes. He was the first individual to disassociate basic concept (justice, equality...) from human nature. I guess you can through a bit of religion in the topic, as long as you explain how it came to be if it's not by nature.

lancelot200
What are you asking us?
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
I guess the will to live, jealousy, anger, sadness, ect. I guess basic emotions, with a bit of compassion.
7guns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 7guns
Member since 2006 • 1449 Posts

We have our survival instinct just like every other species but now let's put emotions into the mix. This I guess, brings the survival instinct up-to a bit more advanced version of it which we know as selfishness or self-interest... Very unrefined, yet it makes some sense to me...

Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lansdowne5
Member since 2008 • 6015 Posts

Sin....brought into the world by us, when tempted by the devil, who originally rebelled with the Fallen Angels because of his pride. 

"Sinfulness is the absent of obedience, in the same way darkness is the absence of light. It was not created, anymore than the hole in my jumper was" - Lansdowne5.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Funky_Llama

Sin....brought into the world by us, when tempted by the devil, who originally rebelled with the Fallen Angels because of his pride. 

"Sinfulness is the absent of obedience, in the same way darkness is the absence of light. It was not created, anymore than the hole in my jumper was" - Lansdowne5.

Lansdowne5
So if all life in the universe were to cease to exist, would it be a sinful place?
Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lansdowne5
Member since 2008 • 6015 Posts
[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"]

Funky_Llama

So if all life in the universe were to cease to exist, would it be a sinful place?

No. But it would still be affected by the result of our sin. Unless it was recreated.....

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
Lust for the feeling of power/control.
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"]

Lansdowne5

No. But it would still be affected by the result of our sin. Unless it was recreated.....

But there would be an absence of obedience in a universe with no life to obey, so by your previous comment it would be sinful.