Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts
[QUOTE="auron_16"]

garantee that and you've got yourself a new neighbor ;)

dallbowl

I would love to guarantee that, :) but I phrased my sentence to make it sound like I was talking on Australia's behalf. My bad. From my experience though, I have not had any problems. From all my secondary education, social events and jobs, to my current studies, I have not met anyone that looks down upon atheists, but then noone seems to ask about it too much.

The bugs are big, but thats just more bug to love.

Ill seconded that!
THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 THUMPTABLE

[QUOTE="THUMPTABLE"]
It's the bigger creatures that you have to careful of. Australia has the worlds most venomous snake, octopus, and fish.Forerunner-117

Damn, talk about deadly. :P But still, I mentioned bugs because whenever Australian wildlife is mentioned, it reminds me of this demotivational poster:

lol, have not seen that before. That spider is a Huntsman, it bites but is not poisonous.

Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Forerunner-117
Member since 2006 • 8800 Posts
[QUOTE="Forerunner-117"]

[QUOTE="THUMPTABLE"]
It's the bigger creatures that you have to careful of. Australia has the worlds most venomous snake, octopus, and fish.THUMPTABLE

Damn, talk about deadly. :P But still, I mentioned bugs because whenever Australian wildlife is mentioned, it reminds me of this demotivational poster:

lol, have not seen that before. That spider is a Huntsman, it bites but is not poisonous.

Ah, I see. Still, that's a big mother****ing spider! :shock:

:P

human_bean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 human_bean
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="THUMPTABLE"][QUOTE="Forerunner-117"]

[QUOTE="THUMPTABLE"]
It's the bigger creatures that you have to careful of. Australia has the worlds most venomous snake, octopus, and fish.Forerunner-117

hahahahahahaha, the poster was just WOW :P i laughed my *** off :P

i sent it to a friend of mine who has relatives in australia and is going to move there soon, and he told me that his sister who lives there run into a spider like this one and she called the fire brigade :P

btw, about whether you handled the argument right or not, i would say that first you handled it perfectly (coz i would have made her regret sending me to hell twice with such desdain) and second that im really shocked to hear that such close minded people actually judge others by their religious beliefs...for crying out loud, it's not like you're a criminal and if she can't accept that people are different de facto, in many ways, then she's lost the game...

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

So, In my AP World History class, we had started a discussion on religion, and one thing lead to another, and we came to Atheism. When I mentioned that I was atheist, the girl who sits next to me turned around and looked me dead in the eye. We knew each other, and I knew that she comes from a strong Catholic family. She looked at me and said "Your going to Hell."

Me being the pacifist I am, I looked her in the eye and said "Look, MJ, I know you and I have different religious views, but we're friends, and thats not gonna come between us right?"

She repeated herself, and I said "Fine then. I personally don't think I will, but If I do, I'll send you a postcard with my deepest apologies."

Its been a month or so and she has'nt talked to me since.

Did I handle this right?

auron_16
I think you handled it the best way. Who cares if she is from a strong catholic family really who cares. And dude I don't think you will go to the place she has told you will go to. So yeah you have handeld this well.
THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 THUMPTABLE
[QUOTE="Forerunner-117"][QUOTE="THUMPTABLE"][QUOTE="Forerunner-117"]

[QUOTE="THUMPTABLE"]
It's the bigger creatures that you have to careful of. Australia has the worlds most venomous snake, octopus, and fish.human_bean

i sent it to a friend of mine who has relatives in australia and is going to move there soon, and he told me that his sister who lives there run into a spider like this one and she called the fire brigade :P

btw, about whether you handled the argument right or not, i would say that first you handled it perfectly (coz i would have made her regret sending me to hell twice with such desdain) and second that im really shocked to hear that such close minded people actually judge others by their religious beliefs...for crying out loud, it's not like you're a criminal and if she can't accept that people are different de facto, in many ways, then she's lost the game...

Plenty of Greeks in Australia;)

human_bean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 human_bean
[QUOTE="human_bean"][QUOTE="Forerunner-117"][QUOTE="THUMPTABLE"][QUOTE="Forerunner-117"]

[QUOTE="THUMPTABLE"]
It's the bigger creatures that you have to careful of. Australia has the worlds most venomous snake, octopus, and fish.THUMPTABLE

ye indeed, i've heard it's nice there...sure i'll visit Australia some day...:P

and, btw, is this with the prawn and the barbie some kind of an expression coz i don't think im getting it right now due to several reasons :oops:

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 THUMPTABLE
[QUOTE="THUMPTABLE"][QUOTE="human_bean"][QUOTE="Forerunner-117"][QUOTE="THUMPTABLE"][QUOTE="Forerunner-117"]

[QUOTE="THUMPTABLE"]
It's the bigger creatures that you have to careful of. Australia has the worlds most venomous snake, octopus, and fish.human_bean

ye indeed, i've heard it's nice there...sure i'll visit Australia some day...:P

and, btw, is this with the prawn and the barbie some kind of an expression coz i don't think im getting it right now due to several reasons :oops:

No worries mate, yep it is an Aussie expression.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

No worries mate, yep it is an Aussie expression.THUMPTABLE
Human bean is a girl. :P

And what does the phrase mean?

dallbowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 dallbowl
Member since 2005 • 439 Posts

[QUOTE="THUMPTABLE"]
No worries mate, yep it is an Aussie expression.Teenaged

I believe the phrase stems from a tourism commercial from 20 odd years ago featuring Paul Hogan aka. Crocodile Dundee.

I don't think it means too much, just promoting an image of Aussies being easy-going and friendly , while soclialising and BBQing. 

EDIT:

Here is the commercial for those interested.

The slogan has somewhat changed slightly over the years.

human_bean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 human_bean

[QUOTE="THUMPTABLE"]

hahahahahahahaha....teenaged thnx a lot,  although the word "girl" seems like im 5 or something :p

ye, tell us what the phrase means coz im curious :P 

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Teenaged
[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="THUMPTABLE"]
No worries mate, yep it is an Aussie expression.human_bean

hahahahahahahaha....teenaged thnx a lot,  although the word "girl" seems like im 5 or something :p

Ok... you are a woman....
human_bean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 human_bean
[QUOTE="human_bean"][QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="THUMPTABLE"]

Ok... you are a woman....

now it sounds like im 45 :p 

hahahahahahahahahaha, ok ok i stop 8)

DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DrSponge
Member since 2008 • 12763 Posts
I would not have been as polite as you. You handled it well.
THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 THUMPTABLE

[QUOTE="THUMPTABLE"]

Mate is a non specific gender term.:D
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Teenaged
[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="THUMPTABLE"]
No worries mate, yep it is an Aussie expression.THUMPTABLE

Mate is a non specific gender term.:D

Ah, I thought it was told among men (like "dude"), mostly. Ok then. :P
Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Forerunner-117
Member since 2006 • 8800 Posts
[QUOTE="Forerunner-117"][QUOTE="THUMPTABLE"][QUOTE="Forerunner-117"]

[QUOTE="THUMPTABLE"]

Hahahaha, glad I posted it then. :P

lol! Can't really blame her on that one! I mean, those spiders are freakin' huge! :shock: