Barack Obama is the 44th President of America.

felixlynch777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 felixlynch777
Member since 2008 • 1787 Posts

Barack Obama is the next President.

Yes I know not directed to atheism but it's big news.

Personally I wish Ralph Nader won.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts

If he doesn't deliver, alot of people are gonna be pissed off I bet.

Anyway, good for him!

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#3 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
This is the proudest I have been of my country in many years, let's hope for him the best for all of our sakes. Volunteering for Obama, donating, going door to door, it makes it all the more meaningful for me.
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts
Yeah I was looking at Gabu's election topic for a good while last night. Very exciting stuff. I'll be looking forward to see how Obama does.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
I supported Ron Paul out of everyone but I am willing to support Obama but that will not mean that I will support his policies.
SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SimpJee
Member since 2002 • 18309 Posts

I'll be looking forward to see how Obama does.domatron23

Ditto, I'm just glad my 75 dollars donated didn't go to waste :P

He's inspiring in my opinion, and I hope he lives up to his speeches.

rogan4310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 rogan4310
Member since 2007 • 5160 Posts
I am glad that Obama has been elected. I hope he does well as president.. I hoope he does much much better than that buffoon Bush
xMOBSTER23x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xMOBSTER23x
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts

I think it is relevant to atheism. I think Obama is really an agnostic or atheist deep down. He didn't become baptised till 1988, and I think it was for political reasons(no way he could have even considered becoming president if he wasn't a Christian). Even if he is actually a Christian, he's a pretty damn open-minded one, watch what he says here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Kh-xzerjE

He represents cultural progression, while McCain represents close-minded old traditions. Many McCain supporters are brainwashed close-minded Christians, some even think Obama is the antichrist because they are so afraid of his liberal and progressive cultural views(I'm not saying all McCain supporters are like that, many are very open-minded and even atheists, but the culture McCain is representatitve of is old and close-minded, and Obama's win is a sign it may be dying out). I think his win is a step forward for atheism, and gives me hope that one day religion will be a thing of the past.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5a79221380856

I think it is relevant to atheism. I think Obama is really an agnostic or atheist deep down. He didn't become baptised till 1988, and I think it was for political reasons(no way he could have even considered becoming president if he wasn't a Christian). Even if he is actually a Christian, he's a pretty damn open-minded one, watch what he says here:

He represents cultural progression, while McCain represents close-minded old traditions. Many McCain supporters are brainwashed close-minded Christians, some even think Obama is the antichrist because they are so afraid of his liberal and progressive cultural views(I'm not saying all McCain supporters are like that, many are very open-minded and even atheists, but the culture McCain is representatitve of is old and close-minded, and Obama's win is a sign it may be dying out). I think his win is a step forward for atheism, and gives me hope that one day religion will be a thing of the past.

xMOBSTER23x

I don't think Obama is an atheist. Just because he doesn't agree with the entirety of the Bible does not mean he's not a Christian. Also, what some people think about him being the Anti-Christ has little to do with his personal faith. You have to remember that these people think that he's either a Muslim or a Reverend Wright Christian, the latter being true, but both of them are exaggerated. It doesn't make a case that he's an atheist.

If he were an atheist, then that would make Obama a liar and that would be a backwards step for atheists in the eyes of the public. If an atheist were to run for president of the United, the best solution would be to not address his or her religious beliefs, but at the same time, show respect for religion.

xMOBSTER23x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xMOBSTER23x
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts
[QUOTE="xMOBSTER23x"]

Genetic_Code

I don't think Obama is an atheist. Just because he doesn't agree with the entirety of the Bible does not mean he's not a Christian. Also, what some people think about him being the Anti-Christ has little to do with his personal faith. You have to remember that these people think that he's either a Muslim or a Reverend Wright Christian, the latter being true, but both of them are exaggerated. It doesn't make a case that he's an atheist.

If he were an atheist, then that would make Obama a liar and that would be a backwards step for atheists in the eyes of the public. If an atheist were to run for president of the United, the best solution would be to not address his or her religious beliefs, but at the same time, show respect for religion.

The Anti-Christ mention has nothing to do with Obama being an atheist, it wasn't even mentioned in the same paragraph. Strange of you to put those together as an argument. And yeah, obviously what he said about the bible in the video doesn't mean he's an atheist. But that and many other observations of Obama have led me to the assumption that Obama is an atheist or an agnostic. Obviously the only one who knows for sure is Obama himself, but I think he is an atheist/agnostic(most likely agnostic). 

And he's never going to come out and say he's an atheist, even if he is, so it's not going to be a backwards for atheists. And an atheist or agnostic would never get elected president(in 2008_). But Obama's open mindedness when it comes to religion and atheism is a step forward for atheists, I think.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5a79221380856

The Anti-Christ mention has nothing to do with Obama being an atheist, it wasn't even mentioned in the same paragraph. Strange of you to put those together as an argument. And yeah, obviously what he said about the bible in the video doesn't mean he's an atheist. But that and many other observations of Obama have led me to the assumption that Obama is an atheist or an agnostic. Obviously the only one who knows for sure is Obama himself, but I think he is an atheist/agnostic(most likely agnostic). 

And he's never going to come out and say he's an atheist, even if he is, so it's not going to be a backwards for atheists. And an atheist or agnostic would never get elected president(in 2008_). But Obama's open mindedness when it comes to religion and atheism is a step forward for atheists, I think.

xMOBSTER23x

Sorry, I misread what you wrote. Yeah, some McCain supporters do think he's the Anti-Christ.

I'm going to say the same thing I say about black people. If Obama does a good job as president, it'll look good for black people. If he does a bad job as president, it'll look bad for black people, or at least in the eyes of the public. The same goes true if he's an agnostic in relation with the nontheistic community, although probably not as much, because race is a larger factor.

TenP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 TenP
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts

He's inspiring in my opinion, and I hope he lives up to his speeches. SimpJee

That is why I think he'll do a good job, personally. The two best "Modern Aged" presidents by many standards are JFK and Reagan, and while not the brightest people in the basket they were considered good because of their ability to speak and inspire.

I voted for Obama, and to be honest I was pretty nervous doing so but I really think he'll turn out well.