Anyone else just feel kind of out of place?

• 64 results
THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

I feel out of place in this union O_O

But nah, in NZ you can beleive whatever you want, no one really cares if your a christian or an atheist, at least in Auckland :P

Did not know you were a sheep shagger!Jk:P
THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

Whenever I see the word "vegetarian" I imagine someone stalking and pouncing the crisper drawer, while an Australian voices over says "and here we see her go in for the kill, and it's total carnage. The littlest tomatoes are eaten whole, she shows no mercy, look at those grinding teeth. In a moment it's all over".

-

I'm not a vegetarian, athiest, or democrat - but I don't feel out of place in this thread :P

subrosian

Where does the Aussie voice over come from?
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts
[QUOTE="subrosian"]

Whenever I see the word "vegetarian" I imagine someone stalking and pouncing the crisper drawer, while an Australian voices over says "and here we see her go in for the kill, and it's total carnage. The littlest tomatoes are eaten whole, she shows no mercy, look at those grinding teeth. In a moment it's all over".

-

I'm not a vegetarian, athiest, or democrat - but I don't feel out of place in this thread :P

THUMPTABLE

Where does the Aussie voice over come from?

Steve Irwin?

Ratfuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 Ratfuzz
Member since 2008 • 399 Posts
For Steve Irwin, there is a heaven, just so he can come back down and to voice-overs.
RadBooley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 RadBooley
Member since 2008 • 1237 Posts

Maybe it's just where I live, but in all my adult life I've never ran into someone in real life who attempted to convert me or really even made any contentious statements about religion at all.

Then again, I actually can't recall that happening during my non-adult life, either, come to think of it.

GabuEx

I always thought of New Jersey as a pretty liberal state when it comes to religion (and politics, for that matter).

Although, I was taken by surprise when I was approached by some guy trying to convert me to Christianity on a busy day at the beach. He was armed with so many pocket-sized copies of the Gospels, it'd make your head spin. 

I'm glad he was happy with his religion (and I was pleased to find he didn't have anything negative to say about other religions), but I just wish he'd keep it to himself... People don't usually go to the beach to find salvation.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

I never feel like I fit in anywhere.  I am around a lot of people of my own beliefs however.  I'm a Southern Baptist Christian going to a Southern Baptist private university...  I prefer to be in a much more hostile to be honest. :P   I suppose that's part of why I want to start a church in a liberal state outside of the South. (and why I joined this union :P)

Thessassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 Thessassin
Member since 2007 • 1819 Posts
if anyone asks im an atheist, nobody really minds up here in Canada. Some people are surprised to find out im an atheist but i have a few friends who are theists themselves. *EDIT* also i never really feel out of place and im generally friends with alot of ppl from school, and no1s gonna talk **** about me
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#58 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

I never feel like I fit in anywhere.  I am around a lot of people of my own beliefs however.  I'm a Southern Baptist Christian going to a Southern Baptist private university...  I prefer to be in a much more hostile to be honest. :P   I suppose that's part of why I want to start a church in a liberal state outside of the South. (and why I joined this union :P)

mindstorm
What state are you thinking about and where do you live now?
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
Luckily I live in London, which is one of the more liberal places in Britain. And, even in the less liberal parts, God isn't a particularly important part of life. Active religion seems to take more of a back seat over here.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mindstorm
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]

helium_flash

What state are you thinking about and where do you live now?

I live in South Carolina and have not decided where to go just yet.  I still have about 4 years to decide, but I'd prefer it to be where there are not churches on every street corner like here...  I like small cities the most.

I've thought more about the subject and I think I feel the most comfortable when in leadership positions, basically where people are relying on me.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#61 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

I live in South Carolina and have not decided where to go just yet.  I still have about 4 years to decide, but I'd prefer it to be where there are not churches on every street corner like here...  I like small cities the most.

I've thought more about the subject and I think I feel the most comfortable when in leadership positions, basically where people are relying on me.

mindstorm

You could always come to Washington state; I believe, if I recall correctly, that we're the state with the highest percentage of people identifying as non-religious (I think it was even over 30%).

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mindstorm
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]

GabuEx

You could always come to Washington state; I believe, if I recall correctly, that we're the state with the highest percentage of people identifying as non-religious (I think it was even over 30%).

One of the pastors that inspires me the most is actually a pastor there in Seattle.  At least from what I've seen of him, I agree with him 95% of the time (which isn't all that common).  He is Mark Driscoll of Mars Hill Church.  His church website is listed in my sig.

Sitri_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Sitri_
Member since 2008 • 731 Posts

mindstorm

I have been to sevral parts of SC and it seems like you can't throw a rock without it hitting a church.  I didn't do the test there, but where my folks used to live in TN, I searched churches on my GPS and it topped out at its first 50 limit within 9 miles.  I wish I tried it in SC.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mindstorm
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]

Sitri_

I have been to sevral parts of SC and it seems like you can't throw a rock without it hitting a church.  I didn't do the test there, but where my folks used to live in TN, I searched churches on my GPS and it topped out at its first 50 limit within 9 miles.  I wish I tried it in SC.

You would not be far off in saying that.  I have no problem with so many churches, but I'm honestly sick of the "religious South."  Everybody thinks they are right with God because they go to church or their grandfather's a pastor.  Everyone "believes in God," but very few actually live out that lifestyle.  There is no difference between a "Christian" and a non-Christian here.  o.0   ...I'm done with my tangent.

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#65 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]

GabuEx

Waiit.... I thought you were Canadian.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#66 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

One of the pastors that inspires me the most is actually a pastor there in Seattle.  At least from what I've seen of him, I agree with him 95% of the time (which isn't all that common).  He is Mark Driscoll of Mars Hill Church.  His church website is listed in my sig.

mindstorm

Well, see, there you go; if someone you agree with 95% of the time is fine in Seattle, so could you be. ;)

Waiit.... I thought you were Canadian.helium_flash

I am, but I moved to Washington state last July to come work for Microsoft.