Red Dead Redemption can be so ADDICTING.

bearnewman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 bearnewman
Member since 2007 • 2033 Posts

Okay, so I just go to Blackwater. Which means I am about 60% done with the game. I have been on a marathon RDR game. I have already completed RDR on the PS3, so the other day I went out and picked it up for the X360 because all my best gaming buds play on XBL, and I wanted to do some MP with friends. I plugged it in to get a feel for it again and make sure that there weren't an diffs between consoles and 30 hours of game play later, I am still blasting away as I gallop endlessly across the RDR world.

I clearly understand how this game won GOTY for 2010, and beileve me, I am a HUGE fan of the runner up Mass Effect 2. It is engrossing. If you are a fan then you can fully understand getting caught up in a wolf hot area and hanging out there just to see how many you can bag & skin.

Anyway. Looking for Red Dead fans, as in the very near future it will be time to revist this game and get some serious POSSE action going on...

Shoot2kill1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Shoot2kill1989
Member since 2009 • 4015 Posts
You can add me over xbox live if u want, ive been meaning to go back and play RDR multiplayer for some time now but always end up playing something else, so if you wanna play some over the weekend i'll be up for it
Gun_Chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gun_Chimp
Member since 2010 • 820 Posts

he he, typical!  Just when I lend my copy of RDR out, everyone starts to play it!  In August I´m off over to the UK to see the family, and pick up RDR:Undead Nightmares... mwa-ha-haaa.  Hopefully when I get back I can link up with you guys in the not-so-wild west!

Hastur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Hastur
Member since 2002 • 1339 Posts
I still got an unopened copy of RDR lying around. It's somewhere in my big pile of games I must own, but haven't got time to play yet. I will get to it eventually.
bearnewman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bearnewman

Shoot: XBL Friend Request has been sent.

You can add me over xbox live if u want, ive been meaning to go back and play RDR multiplayer for some time now but always end up playing something else, so if you wanna play some over the weekend i'll be up for itShoot2kill1989

bearnewman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bearnewman

I still got an unopened copy of RDR lying around. It's somewhere in my big pile of games I must own, but haven't got time to play yet. I will get to it eventually.Hastur

Yeah, don't dig it out of the pile until you have at least 50 hours + to dedicate to it. I will say that it is an easy one to play for a bit, then sit down for awhiile and revisit from time to time.

soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 soul_motor
Member since 2003 • 2348 Posts
It is addicting, I should come back to it for a little bit. Eventually I'll finish the zombie stuff...
Lonzac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lonzac
Member since 2005 • 335 Posts
Man, i got RDR pretty soon after release but for some reason its still in the 'to play' list of games sat on my shelf. must get round to it at somepoint :)
bearnewman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bearnewman

Man, i got RDR pretty soon after release but for some reason its still in the 'to play' list of games sat on my shelf. must get round to it at somepoint :)Lonzac

In that case, don't start it until you are ready to be engrossed in one. It is on the level with ME2 & the Fallout games. It is long but moves and is definitely addictive. But as you can tell, I highly recommend it. It is in my top five of all time and I never used to be into RPGs. While you don't have to make pop up window decisons like in the FO or ME games, your action decisions have a definite impact on your own character. Crank it up at the peril of time given to many other things.

Gun_Chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gun_Chimp

Gotta get round to playing this...  With all the MOH MP achievements unlocked, maybe I should just pick up a cheap copy..?

soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 soul_motor
Member since 2003 • 2348 Posts
Just want to mention that some new free DLC is coming soon!
Gun_Chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gun_Chimp

I heard that too... A big thank you from Rockstar for all the devotion to Red Dead.  Should be fun, and an excuse to fiiiiinally put the game in my Xer

bearnewman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bearnewman

Dean, did you get it back? Considering the family news you shared on one of the boards, she may just get totally immersed in it and you may never get it back if you didn't already. Been waiting for you to go shoot bears with me..... he he he.

Gun_Chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gun_Chimp

We got the box back, but it was empty.  Hopefully when we get into the house, it´ll still be there.  If not, it´s an excuse to buy the GOTY edition.  Idoia isn´t fussed though, she has Undead Nightmares and luckily you can play it as a stand alone game.  She loves it, but won´t let me watch because she doesn´t want to spoil it for me... Bless!