MW3, are you jumping in, and if so, WHY?

bearnewman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 bearnewman
Member since 2007 • 2033 Posts
Anyone out there gonna jump into MW3? If so, what is the draw that will entice you to buy it? Me, I am gonna bypass it for now, with BF3 out (which I prefer of the MW versions of CoD) and Skyrim coming up in a few days, I doubt I wowuld have much time for it even if it was decent. The Gamespot review didn't have much impressive to say about the MP as to being innovative, so if it is more of the same in the MP, the campaign would be the only draw for me. I miss the orignial, 2 & 3 and WaW, those were incredible games and they left the mark that makes the current releases so popular.
tonyhawksP8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 tonyhawksP8
Member since 2007 • 2479 Posts

Skyrim? Is Oblivion any good?

The only thing that entices me to play is Spec Ops and seeing how the story ends up, rent at best.

Gun_Chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Gun_Chimp
Member since 2010 • 820 Posts

Not rushing out to pick it up, that's for sure!  Special Ops in MW2 was fun split screen, so maybe it´ll make it into my collection one day when the price drops A LOT.  In the meantime, I have too much to occupy me with BF3, Rage to finish off, Borderlands with the missus, and Fabe 2 & 3, Mass Effect, Crysis 2 and Red Dead Redemption all screaming out "play me".  Time is becoming a rare commodity these days!

bearnewman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bearnewman

Not rushing out to pick it up, that's for sure! Special Ops in MW2 was fun split screen, so maybe it´ll make it into my collection one day when the price drops A LOT. In the meantime, I have too much to occupy me with BF3, Rage to finish off, Borderlands with the missus, and Fabe 2 & 3, Mass Effect, Crysis 2 and Red Dead Redemption all screaming out "play me". Time is becoming a rare commodity these days!

Gun_Chimp

My friend, you have some serious games screaming at you. Some of my favorites of all time, the Fable games are great, when you get into them, we can do some MP, on that one, what one gets the other also gets. I warn you NOW, it is an addictive game. ME1 is a good game, but ME2 is a GREAT game. Too bad it has no MP or Co-Op. ME3 is gonna have co-op, but beyond that I don't know the details, I can only hope that it will be like Borderlands, Cod WaW or Gears where you can co-op the campaign and not like the limited co-op missions of Rage and BF3. And Red Dead, another addiction release. As we have played many games together, make sure you SHORT TERM wants are out of the way, cause I would be willing to bet that when you start either of the Fable games, or Red Dead, you will stay with them until you complete the main storyline of the game. Knowing you, you will pursue EVERY acheivement too....

Make sure you warn me when you get into the ones that you need MP acheivements on, I'll be glad to garner the MP chevos with you.... Whoo Hooo, it'll be great fun, IF, you ever get around to them....

Now, it is time to go plug in Skyrim....for the first time and see if it is just as addictive.?

Gun_Chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gun_Chimp

Sounds good... Fable 2 IS addictive.  Idoia has already completed it in English, and by chance we now have another copy in Spanish and basically she´s discovering a whole new game (the Monty Python-esque humour in Fable 2 was a bit too much for her to grasp) and when she plays, it´s either that or Red Dead so I just KNOW I¨M GONNA BE HOOKED!

Mass Effect requires various playthoughs to unlock everything, plus the option to transfer your character to ME2 (eg you do two or three playthroughs in ME and then export a Space GOD to ME2) so I´ll probably stop after the first playthrough and try something short-term like Crysis 2 or Brink before embarking on Fable 2.

Also discovered recently that people are still playing GTA IV online, so might take advantage of that to unlock a few MP achievements before everyone switches to GTA V next year.

In short, soooooooooo many games, so little time! 

soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 soul_motor
Member since 2003 • 2348 Posts
I'll probably play the single player one day... I'll borrow it from my brother-in-law when he's done with it. Though right now I have Dead Island to finish and Skyrim and Rage are coming in a couple of days... :)
bearnewman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bearnewman

I'll probably play the single player one day... I'll borrow it from my brother-in-law when he's done with it. Though right now I have Dead Island to finish and Skyrim and Rage are coming in a couple of days... :)soul_motor

Dead Island is dropping in price for the holidays. I think Rage & Skyrim are worth the price for new issue, and alot of my friends from CAG have been playing Dead Island, so I think it will be a holiday purchase.

I picked up AC Revelations today at Walmart for $36.99 because it was mismarked, played a bit of the MP, and it was really cool, gonna have to get into it a bit more....

As for MW3, I will eventually grab it, but not until the price drops at LEAST 20 bucks, I lost all faith in the MW versions of CoD with Black Ops, lost some with MW2, but Black Ops put it to bed for me, I thought is was a sad release for a franchise that in the beginning was tops.

Gun_Chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gun_Chimp

To be fair, I´m quickly getting bored with FPS...  I tried and loved Mass Effect and that´s got me hooked again on RPG's.  I have a few playthoughs left on Mass Effect before shipping my character over to ME2, and I've also finally put Fable 2 into the Xer.  Skyrim is grabbing my attention too, so much so that I´ve already ordered Oblivion (the game before Skyrim) just because, to be fair, I´m tiring of games that take under 10 hours to beat.  Multiplayer is fine, but only for weekends as my gaming mates are in the US.  During the week, for a few hours, I like to unwind from work with the Xer, and games like Mass Effect, Fable 2 etc are great as you can loose yourself in them - exploring planets, forging swords, etc, without the tedium of playing short campaigns which you blast through easily even on hard or veteran.

I think I´m gonna give FPS a miss for a while, something I never thought I'd type... !

bearnewman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bearnewman

Like Gun Chimp, I am finding that it is hard to jump into the FPS games right now. I thought that the release of BF3, (which I think is an excellent FPS) my desire to shoot people would get back into high gear, but it hasn't for some reason.

I have always prefessed that Action RPGs are my favorite genre' of games, with Mass Effect 2 being my all time fav, and I think I too am gonna be spending more time in the RPG worlds. I am looking very forward to ME3, as it will have a Co-Op facet that will take it over the top to be able to share it with my buds.

I have recently been spending quite a bit of time with a lady friend, so I haven't been gaming as much, but I look forward to signing on to XBL and jumping into a shared game of Fable or the like. What is so cool about that one, is that both share any acheivements that the host pickes up, and there are Acheivements that can only be gotten in co-op mode.

Don't forget Red Dead, there is an acheivement on there for creating a full posse of 8 that I need to pick up....

And Dean, DON'T start Red Dead till you are done with ME, as you will then be conflicted as to what to play, ha ha ha .

Hastur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Hastur
Member since 2002 • 1339 Posts
@Gun_Chimp

If I were you, I would skip Oblivion and head straight into Skyrim. As it pales in comparison. Skyrim is so much better. But expect to sink some serious time into it. You can easily spend 200 hours with that game. And an achievement whore like yourself, can probably double that amount.
Gun_Chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gun_Chimp

@Gun_Chimp

If I were you, I would skip Oblivion and head straight into Skyrim. As it pales in comparison. Skyrim is so much better. But expect to sink some serious time into it. You can easily spend 200 hours with that game. And an achievement whore like yourself, can probably double that amount.Hastur

He,he... I AM an achievement whore, for that reason I ploughed 40+ hours into Mass Effect and reached Level 50 on the first playthrough.  I´m also getting worried too - Between Fable 2 (abandoned at the half way point); Mass Effect (still need to play it 2-3 more times before switching to ME2) AND Oblivion (biiiig game, but the combat SUCKS - just can´t get the hang of it... Any tips anyone???) I really don´t have enough time in the day to play everything as they should be played, to the death!!

Plus Red Dead is calling out to me, and GTA IV..... aaaargh, need to ask Santa for a time machine, or a clone so I can send him to work and I can stay home with the Xer...! 

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 Falcon084
Member since 2009 • 8778 Posts
I brought it solely to see the ending.
JCSBEARMEAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 JCSBEARMEAT
Member since 2007 • 1027 Posts
I brought it solely to see the ending.Falcon084
Campaign wasn't nearly as exciting as MW2's. The only really sweet thing about MW3 is Survival mode. It's quite fun.