How many of you game with your kids or grandkids?

bearnewman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 bearnewman
Member since 2007 • 2033 Posts

I of course like many here played "Pong". I played on the Atari 2600 and NES systems. Then gaming kind of fell by the wayside as my carreer took off. Then wnen my son was about 7 years old, the N64 came out and even with a career that demanded 70 hour weeks I would try to find time to play with him. Unfortnunately his mom and I went our seperate ways and the N64 stayed with him. I bought one, but we didn't get to game much more together after that, and not many more years later, he found girls, soccer and movies and let the gaming become a thing of the past. I did buy an N64 for myself and played it for some time till the PC games became more prevelent and easier to play after the DOS era and Win98.

Some of my best old person memories will be of me and him taking turns making Mario run all over the place. While I miss it much, I will cherish those days till I remember no more.

How abou YOU?

soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 soul_motor
Member since 2003 • 2348 Posts
1. Damn you GameSpot editor! You suck! Now to see if I remember what I typed the last time...

2. I used to play the 2600 with my mom all the time as a kid. Those are some of my best memories growing up. When we finally got the SNES she didn't play as much, but gaming was still a family time thing. Even now my wife doesn't mind watching me play my games so long as it isn't a grind heavy RPG (she loathed Blue Dragon, I loved it).

3. I don't have any children, but the closest thing is my nephew, and to a lesser extent my niece. I love playing with them, but most of my collection is inappropiate for them. This is always fun when my nephew wants to play Dead Rising, RE5, etc. He just turned 13, but I think those are a bit much for him right now. If he could seperate reality from fiction better, I'd be cool with it. Even though his mother doesn't give a damn, I find myself trying to be the "responsible adult."

Hastur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Hastur
Member since 2002 • 1339 Posts
I game with my half brothers, who could easily have been my own kids (stepmother is my age). Last week I had a LAN party with my eldest half brother and his friends. They have adopted me in their midst. But I feel a bit like an oddball amongst those 16 and 17 year olds.
bearnewman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 bearnewman
Member since 2007 • 2033 Posts

After a nasty divorce, my son & I became estraged (not of choice of course), and recently we have reconnected. He is a new college grad and times are tuff (for everybody) so I promptly went out and bought him a refurbed X360 and a gold memebership so we could start gaming again.

So, with my thoughts lending an ear to "cats n the creadle (the song), we get very little chance to game as he works seven days a week on two jobs trying to make his mark in the world.....

Lifes cycles are real and as heart wrenching as the song indicates...