bearnewman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 bearnewman
Member since 2007 • 2033 Posts

Any of you out there into first person shooters, and if so, which ones do you prefer.

Me, in order of preference:

1. Battlefield, Bad Company 2
  2. Battlefield, Bad Company 2 Vietnam
  3. Medal of Honor, 2010
  4. Call of Duty, World at War
  5. Medal of Honor Airborne
  6. Battlefield, Bad Company
  7. Fallout, New Vegas

I am also a major Mass Effect & Red Dead Redemption fan.

Hastur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Hastur
Member since 2002 • 1339 Posts
The older I get, the more difficulty I have competing with the younger crowd. So, although fps used to be my staple diet, my interest is starting to drift towards other genres. The only fps that I still play regularly is Team Fortress 2 on the PC.
Gun_Chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Gun_Chimp
Member since 2010 • 820 Posts

Oh yeah...  Guess it´s cause they´re sooooo easy to just jump right into!

based on my current Raptr stats (finally visited the site), I´d guess I´m devoting waaay too much time to:

1. Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam
  2. Medal of Honor: 2010
  3. Battlefield Bad Company 2
  4. Halo ODST (with my girlfriend in split screen co-op)
  5. Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (if you´re willing to give it a chance, it´s fun!)
  6. COD: World at War (I know, I know, but I had a blast playing this with my Xer homies!) 

However, given that I have games in my collection I have either yet to play, or now can´t play online for lack of servers, I´m sure I´d also add the following to this list:

• Borderlands (yet to play)
  • Far Cry 2 (loved single player, no online matches)
  • Medal of honor: Airboure (no servers)
  • Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2 (no servers)
  • Red Dead & Mass Effect (ok, technically 3rd person, but what they hey, they look great and I have them waiting to be played!!) 

Hastur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Hastur
Member since 2002 • 1339 Posts
When I play fps, the large majority are either single player or coop. Games like: Bioshock, Borderlands & Portal. And as I'm old school, I still play most on the PC. Dues Ex 3 and Rage are the next two I'm looking forward to.
Gun_Chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Gun_Chimp
Member since 2010 • 820 Posts

When I play fps, the large majority are either single player or coop. Games like: Bioshock, Borderlands & Portal. And as I'm old school, I still play most on the PC. Dues Ex 3 and Rage are the next two I'm looking forward to.Hastur

Never been one for PC gaming, guess it's cause my folks could never afford a decent rig (they were usually ex-NHS computers from where my mum worked).  That's why I stick to consoles (well, XBOX really) as you can enjoy games on the same level as anyone else, without having to upgrade etc.

Also agree with you on Rage - I´m actually more curious about this than BF3... Crazy huh? 

soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 soul_motor
Member since 2003 • 2348 Posts
FPS used to make me sick, not sure what it is they did to make it better, but I don't get that motion sickness anymore. That said, it's hard not to play. I have to agree with Hastur, most is co-op or single player; I don't have the time to devote to being the best at the game. I want to just have a little bit of fun.
bearnewman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 bearnewman
Member since 2007 • 2033 Posts

Soul, I am lousy at MP, but do it for the fun factor as sharing a game is more fun that going it alone. I am especially fond of co-op play on the 360. If affords me and those I play with on a regular basis some quality gaming time. I just got my son an 360, and several games that you can co-op in so that we can share some together since we can't hook up in person as much as we like.

If ability was a factor in playing games in MP mode, I would never play, ha ha ha...