Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium Duels announced PS3 and X360

#1 Edited by finalstar2007 (24967 posts) -

I dont know if there are any Yu Gi Oh fans around here but Konami announces and confirms Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium Duels coming this week on PSN and XBLA!

after the success of the first game its no surprise that Konami brings another game

The last Yu Gi Oh game that came out was seriously fun and i personally very excited for this new game!

Anyone else getting this game? lets duel online!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/27/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-4292014/#comment-975059

here's hoping for a next gen yu gi oh game later in the near future

#2 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26278 posts) -

Meh... Yu-Gi-Oh! got lame with GX and onward.

#3 Posted by freedomfreak (39214 posts) -

No, thanks. Not after GX.

#4 Posted by wolverine4262 (19056 posts) -

GX really killed it.

#5 Edited by Sword-Demon (6970 posts) -

Even for an anime, that hair is ridiculous.

Is that even hair?

#6 Edited by Desmonic (13449 posts) -

I remember playing a Yu-gi-oh game in highschool. It was "Something Chaos" or "Chaos Something". It was for PC. Along with CS and Worms Armageddon it was a goodly (and fun) game to play in a school lan setting hehe :P

This one looks similar enough. I might get it one day, but not at 10€.

#7 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16131 posts) -

I don't see the point now that hearthstone is out. If you wanna get that video game card fix, then hearthstone will be faster and more enjoyable.

#8 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

Yugi-oh is a god awfull show to watch but damn the game is two tons of fun.... Sort of.

#9 Posted by MBirdy88 (7733 posts) -

Why not PS4/X1 -_-

#10 Posted by MBirdy88 (7733 posts) -

I don't see the point now that hearthstone is out. If you wanna get that video game card fix, then hearthstone will be faster and more enjoyable.

You don't see the point in one card game, because a shallow throw-away 5 minute card game like hearthstone exists? well preferences I guess.... but Yu-Gi-Oh has damn well far more mechanic variety and is more complex.... in a good way.

Hearthstone is incredibly shallow... was fun for .... a few hours at most.

And the stupid need to play Arena mode.... where morons think "Completely random decks with very little control" is somehow skillful..... instead of deck building. awful AWFUL system.

#11 Posted by nethernova (4081 posts) -

Hearthstone is for casuals and grandmas. Are you a grandma? I'll take a card game with actual depth, thanks.

#12 Posted by superbuuman (2687 posts) -

GX was ok...but Zexal was the crapper...Buying this game :)
lol at comparing Hearthstone to Yu-gi-oh ...no comparison...Yu-gi-oh more complex...Hearthstone less complex.

#13 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16131 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

You don't see the point in one card game, because a shallow throw-away 5 minute card game like hearthstone exists? well preferences I guess.... but Yu-Gi-Oh has damn well far more mechanic variety and is more complex.... in a good way.

And the stupid need to play Arena mode.... where morons think "Completely random decks with very little control" is somehow skillful..... instead of deck building. awful AWFUL system.

Hearthstone just came out, so of course it isn't going to be as complex or as in depth as Yu-Gi-Oh, a game that has been out for a decade. Yu-Gi-Oh wasn't complicated at all when it first came out, the entire game was marketed to kids, and it found its audience with adults when it got more interesting.

Arena mode is fun, it's not supposed to MLG matches. No one is forcing you to play it either.

#14 Edited by finalstar2007 (24967 posts) -

heartstone? wtf is that? never heard of it and dont even want to, i tried many other card games including that Magic of the gathering game and it was terrible, just pure terrible even when given for free i dont play it while yu gi oh is one of those addictive as hell card games, i've watched the show long time ago and man i still love it with the games they release especially when the games got online gameplay as its even more addictive it play it that way.

#15 Posted by finalstar2007 (24967 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

I remember playing a Yu-gi-oh game in highschool. It was "Something Chaos" or "Chaos Something". It was for PC. Along with CS and Worms Armageddon it was a goodly (and fun) game to play in a school lan setting hehe :P

This one looks similar enough. I might get it one day, but not at 10€.

Im guessing around $10 to $15 as if i remember right the first game was $15 but i'd buy even for $30 lol

thats how fun the first game was ( even though its online was broken).

#16 Posted by MBirdy88 (7733 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

Hearthstone just came out, so of course it isn't going to be as complex or as in depth as Yu-Gi-Oh, a game that has been out for a decade. Yu-Gi-Oh wasn't complicated at all when it first came out, the entire game was marketed to kids, and it found its audience with adults when it got more interesting.

Arena mode is fun, it's not supposed to MLG matches. No one is forcing you to play it either.

Yu-Gi-Oh 10 years ago was more complicated than it is now, and then it was more complicated than heartstone. hearthstone never intends to be aything else, I don't now why you think time = more complicated... most card games do the opposite.

Hearthstone is limited by its overall ruleset and how it plays... not its cards.

#17 Edited by JangoWuzHere (16131 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

Yu-Gi-Oh 10 years ago was more complicated than it is now, and then it was more complicated than heartstone. hearthstone never intends to be aything else, I don't now why you think time = more complicated... most card games do the opposite.

Hearthstone is limited by its overall ruleset and how it plays... not its cards.

All there was to Yu-Gi-Oh when it came out was Monsters, Magic, traps, and monster reborn. Simply summoning a blue eyes was considered high end play at it's beginning. More time does add to the complication of a card game. New cards, changing rules, and new strategies develop.

I imagine that Hearthstone will never reach Yu-GI-Oh's level of complexity, but that's fine. Hearthstone is much faster paced overall. It takes a lot of crap fluff away from most card games and grinds it down to the fun essentials. To say that it's shallow just seems ignorant to me. There are different ways to win with different decks and unique heroes all in the game.

Also Hearthstone is only played digitally, so the rules and monsters aren't set in stone. Unlike other card games where they have to use the same rule set forever.

#18 Edited by JangoWuzHere (16131 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

heartstone? wtf is that? never heard of it and dont even want to, i tried many other card games including that Magic of the gathering game and it was terrible, just pure terrible even when given for free i dont play it while yu gi oh is one of those addictive as hell card games, i've watched the show long time ago and man i still love it with the games they release especially when the games got online gameplay as its even more addictive it play it that way.

Yeah, I don't know what "heartstone" is either, sure sounds like a dumb game.

Hearthstone however, is a free to play digital card game created by blizzard and superb in its game design and aesthetic.

#19 Posted by speedfog (3045 posts) -

Cassic cards, brings back memories, would buy it.

#20 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26359 posts) -

I bought the first psn game and ill wait for this one to go on sale and ill pick it up then.

#21 Posted by mexicangordo (8632 posts) -

Why must every card game now be compared to Heartstone? I am glad there is a mainstream card game for casuals now but it does not need to be the comparison to everything. Yugioh is completely different than Heart.

And this game has been out for over a month now on XBL, PSN is just getting it.

#22 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

@ mexicangordo

Stop Trying to reason with us.... You're tearing System Wars apart :( !

#23 Posted by xh117 (53 posts) -

I liked GX...the Tag Force games were good.

#24 Edited by RoccoHout (980 posts) -

Didn't care for Yugioh after season 2, absolutely hated GX. The card game was pretty fun and played it a lot in high school and on concoles.

#25 Posted by Heil68 (43490 posts) -

I have never played a game from this series, probably wont either.

#26 Edited by FireEmblem_Man (8632 posts) -

Yu-Gi-Oh used to be big when it came out, now its lame and only for hardcore fans only. I'm staying out of this one and will soon try Hearthstone

#27 Posted by ArisShadows (22615 posts) -

Not a fan of the new Yu-Gi-oh.. They kinda killed it.

#28 Posted by johnd13 (7994 posts) -

Since there are Yu-Gi-Oh fans here, does anybody know of any good Yu-Gi-Oh games for the PC, online or not? This looks interesting but I don't have a 360/PS3...

#29 Edited by ArisShadows (22615 posts) -

#

@JangoWuzHere said:

First, it's Magic The Gathering, no 'of'.

Terrible. Come on, it probably is one of the best TCGs out there still. It has so much more variety in it deck building. It has more complexity than that of the Yugioh TCG. I played Yugioh from the getgo, and basically GX killed it. It was decent TCG before now. If you are speaking video games wise, they are pretty good, nowhere near the card format, but what TCG video game crossover is.

Sometimes, finalstar, I just don't understand you.

#30 Posted by Underdog123x (266 posts) -

Yugioh is for people who ride the short bus to school.

#31 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8632 posts) -

#

@finalstar2007 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

First, it's Magic The Gathering, no 'of'.

Terrible. Come on, it probably is one of the best TCGs out there still. It has so much more variety in it deck building. It has more complexity than that of the Yugioh TCG. I played Yugioh from the getgo, and basically GX killed it. It was decent TCG before now. If you are speaking video games wise, they are pretty good, nowhere near the card format, but what TCG video game crossover is.

Sometimes, finalstar, I just don't understand you.

Come on, this is Finastar! The guy who only likes stuff from Japan, and watches all his shows from Japan, and only plays Japan only games with JRPG's and Weeaboo type of stuff. The only Western game he enjoys is Call of Duty, but that's it.