Yu Gi Oh coming to PS3 and Xbox360! Out tomorrow

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by finalstar2007 (25001 posts) -

top_banner-DDUELS-1.png

Any fans here? :P

Well Konami announced that Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels Plus will be releasing on both PS3 and Xbox360 soon with tons of features on both systems!

Features such as:

The game boasts new features and functionality including:

• Voice and Text chat compatibility
  • HD graphics
  • Trophies and achievements
  • Over 2,000 playable cards, including cards featured in Yu-Gi-Oh! Classic, GX and 5D's Decks
  • Hundreds of additional cards and packs for purchase through Xbox LIVE® Marketplace and the PlayStation® Store
  • Online Multiplayer with up to four-player Tag Duel for total Yu-Gi-Oh! supremacy
  • Game play customization with user-created rules
  • Multiple Game Modes including Quick Match, Rank Match and Custom Match
  • Online Leader Boards to track your stats against anyone Worldwide
  • $9.99

Its time to du-du-duel!

All that for just $10? oh im so in.. anyone interested?

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/26/yu-gi-oh-card-game-gets-update-for-xbla-makes-psn-debut/

#2 Posted by magiciandude (9677 posts) -

Only good thing about Yu-Gi-Oh was Season Zero (when cards [gasp] weren't the focus) and the Abridged Series.

#3 Posted by Yangire (8788 posts) -

It doesn't have Xyz cards so I might get it.

#4 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11650 posts) -

So it's just 5Ds cards and GX cards? What about my Blue Eyes:x

#5 Posted by finalstar2007 (25001 posts) -

PhazonBlazer

Read it again.. it says Classic, GX and 5D so blue eyes got to be there

#6 Posted by Yangire (8788 posts) -

PhazonBlazer

It might get OG cards, but Blue Eyes sucks so you aren't missing out on anything.

#7 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26343 posts) -
Stopped caring about Yu-Gi-Oh when GX came along.
#8 Posted by Zaibach (13444 posts) -

Sorry its not 2005 anymore

#9 Posted by Yangire (8788 posts) -

Stopped caring about Yu-Gi-Oh when GX came along.nintendoboy16

Too bad, that's when the game stopped being crap.

#10 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11650 posts) -

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

finalstar2007

Read it again.. it says Classic, GX and 5D so blue eyes got to be there

Didn't see the Classic part. Blue Eyes better be there :P

#11 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
Looks neat but it doesn't have 3D monsters just like the old Decade Duels and has less cards/Is missing a copycat duelist compared to World Championship 2006 so pass.
#12 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11650 posts) -

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

Yangire

It might get OG cards, but Blue Eyes sucks so you aren't missing out on anything.

Blue Eyes is like the mascot of Yugioh:|

#13 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26343 posts) -

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Stopped caring about Yu-Gi-Oh when GX came along.Yangire

No, it got even worse for me. Normally, I'm pretty positive on how certain series move on, but GX did not do me any favors. I hate to sound like a nostalgic fanboy, but I still prefer cIassic Yu-Gi-Oh.
#14 Posted by finalstar2007 (25001 posts) -

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

PhazonBlazer

I prefer those two over blue eyes :P

Dark_Magician_Girl_Movie_2.jpg

#15 Posted by Yangire (8788 posts) -

PhazonBlazer

Well for the first few years, now they barely use the card anymore. TCGs rarely have monster mascots because the companies are always trying to market the next big monster from the newest set. Besides, Blue Eyes is really weak these days.

No, it got even worse for me. Normally, I'm pretty positive on how certain series move on, but GX did not do me any favors. I hate to sound like a nostalgic fanboy, but I still prefer cIassic Yu-Gi-Oh.nintendoboy16

The game turned from something extremely basic into something that took some strategy. Rituals, fusions, etc, introduced in the classic sets were horrible, GX actually introduced something that advanced the game.

#16 Posted by madsnakehhh (14213 posts) -

That's great...and only what? 10 yearsl later?

#17 Posted by finalstar2007 (25001 posts) -

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Stopped caring about Yu-Gi-Oh when GX came along.nintendoboy16

No, it got even worse for me. Normally, I'm pretty positive on how certain series move on, but GX did not do me any favors. I hate to sound like a nostalgic fanboy, but I still prefer cIassic Yu-Gi-Oh.

Its gotten pretty bad now ( the show i mean ) its now bunch of little kids wih ghosts and stuff lol.. Classic and GX were the best i thought

#18 Posted by finalstar2007 (25001 posts) -

madsnakehhh

Exactly! this should have been the 5th or 6th Yu Gi Oh game! there are lots of fans of the series would would love to play online against other people but they better late than never right?

#19 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11650 posts) -

I haven't played Yu Gi Oh since GX. Some of the things they added to the new cards just don't seem good.

#20 Posted by Yangire (8788 posts) -

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="Yangire"]

finalstar2007

Its gotten pretty bad now ( the show i mean ) its now bunch of little kids wih ghosts and stuff lol.. Classic and GX were the best i thought

Zexal isn't bad when you start from episode 1 and go up. One of the positives of it is that the battles are much more interesting than the made up rules in OG Yugioh.

#21 Posted by DivineSword (15746 posts) -

Would of care seventeen years ago when the show was still popular, not so much now.

#22 Posted by finalstar2007 (25001 posts) -

Since this is about yu Gi Oh if anyone is intersted here is the full movie of the latest Yu Gi Oh movie with all 3 main chaarcters ( Classic, GX and 5D) fighting together in YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8Fso8TCOkA

#23 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11650 posts) -

I still have the Head of Exodia, wonder if I could sell it.

#24 Posted by Yangire (8788 posts) -

I haven't played Yu Gi Oh since GX. Some of the things they added to the new cards just don't seem good.

PhazonBlazer

Personally I think Konami messed up with Xyz cards. It's really easy to get them out and they are way too strong.

This one would actually be hard to get out, but this is just an example of what effects some of them have.

59ty4P9.png

#25 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -
Who are those two characters in that picture? Where's Yugi, or Jaden?
#26 Posted by Yangire (8788 posts) -

Who are those two characters in that picture? Where's Yugi, or Jaden?LittleMac19

Two main characters from 5Ds, since this game focuses on that line of cards and below.

#27 Posted by Badosh (12729 posts) -
du.du.du.du.du.du.du duelll
#28 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11650 posts) -

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

Yangire

Personally I think Konami messed up with Xyz cards. It's really easy to get them out and they are way too strong.

This one would actually be hard to get out, but this is just an example of what effects some of them have.

59ty4P9.png

Are those banned from tournaments? That seems really overpowered.

I like the border of the card though.

#29 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

I'm more of a Magic The Gathering guy.

Always liked Dark Magician and DM Girl though.

#30 Posted by Yangire (8788 posts) -

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

PhazonBlazer

Are those banned from tournaments? That seems really overpowered.

I like the border of the card though.

The card isn't banned, but you need to have 3 level 9 monsters to get it out on the field. If you had 3 level 9 monsters on the field you would probably be winning in the first place, and once you got this card out that would just set it in stone unless they banished it.

#31 Posted by madsnakehhh (14213 posts) -

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

finalstar2007

Exactly! this should have been the 5th or 6th Yu Gi Oh game! there are lots of fans of the series would would love to play online against other people but they better late than never right?

To be fair, it's only $10 and it seems to have a lot of classic stuf that might appeal to younger fans...i still think is way too late, but oh well who knows.

#32 Posted by fueled-system (6259 posts) -
Stopped caring about Yu-Gi-Oh when GX came along.nintendoboy16
Glad I am not the only one. I LOVED Yugioh about 5, 6 years ago but I got sick and tired of it when these nonsense cards came in.
#33 Posted by Yangire (8788 posts) -

Sagem28

MtG is the better game, card effects for MtG aren't paragraphs long and only truly do well with premade strategies.

#34 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Yangire

MtG is the better game, card effects for MtG aren't paragraphs long and only truly do well with premade strategies.

I agree.

Though I prefer keeping it Standard. Playing Legacy can get a little crazy :P

#35 Posted by GrayF0X786 (3850 posts) -

this coming to the UK store aswell?

#36 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
People still play Yugioh? I thought they went to Magic: The Gathering.
#38 Posted by Yangire (8788 posts) -

People still play Yugioh? I thought they went to Magic: The Gathering. Miroku32

Yugioh sells more than any other TCG worldwide. However MtG sells more in the US, and Duel Masters and I think CFV sell more in Japan.

#39 Posted by ugoo18 (1005 posts) -

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

PhazonBlazer

Dark Magician would like a word with you

#40 Posted by dommeus (9242 posts) -

This looks hilarious

#41 Posted by ugoo18 (1005 posts) -

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

Yangire

59ty4P9.png

That's easy to get out?

3 level 9 monsters are no joke to have alive on the field in the current game with the plethora of ways to kill monsters, unless that deck is built to get that out quickly i can't see your average deck being able to get that out at all.

Synchro monsters on the other hand can and usually are brutal once setup, also usually easier to setup as well (Stardust Dragon will remain an eternal thorn in my side, regardless of the fact i always have a Solemn Judgement waiting for it).

#42 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11650 posts) -

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

ugoo18

Dark Magician would like a word with you

Kuriboh would like a word with you...

#43 Posted by Yangire (8788 posts) -

That's easy to get out?

3 level 9 monsters are no joke to have alive on the field in the current game with the plethora of ways to kill monsters, unless that deck is built to get that out quickly i can't see your average deck being able to get that out at all.

Synchro monsters on the other hand can and usually are brutal once setup, also usually easier to setup as well (Stardust Dragon will remain an eternal thorn in my side, regardless of the fact i always have a Solemn Judgement waiting for it).

ugoo18

This one would actually be hard to get out,

Yangire

#44 Posted by mems_1224 (46721 posts) -
:lol: yu gi oh :lol:
#45 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26380 posts) -

Only good thing about Yu-Gi-Oh was Season Zero (when cards [gasp] weren't the focus) and the Abridged Series.

magiciandude

i read the manga that took place before the anime that hit over in the states. HOLY CRAP! was that thing dark. Also it had pervy moments.in other words very entertaining. On topic I will be getting this game. Im a fan of the card game.

#46 Posted by nethernova (4081 posts) -
Hundreds of additional cards and packs for purchase through Xbox LIVE® Marketplace and the PlayStation® Storefinalstar2007
Yeah, all my interest killed right there.
#47 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26380 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Yangire

from what iv seen and played and seen mtg seems like a deeper game. I tried to get into it but couldint follow it. I just like keeping it simple with yugioh:P

#48 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7118 posts) -

I'm sure all 8 or 9 Yu Gi Oh fans in the world right now are excited to hear this.

#49 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2133 posts) -

I used to play, loved the old games. GBA ones, Falsebound Kingdom, Capsule Monsters, Duelist of Roses. Fun times.

#50 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26380 posts) -

I'm sure all 8 or 9 Yu Gi Oh fans in the world right now are excited to hear this.

speedfreak48t5p

dam right:D