Ys: Memories of Celceta | Hype Thread | 8.0 @ GameSpot

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Slashkice (13003 posts) -

#2 Edited by Slashkice (13003 posts) -

#3 Posted by ihsanqueen (866 posts) -

Nice thread, I still can't decide whether to buy Tearaway or Ys tough, so I'll wait for the review. I'm actually leaning to Ys considering I need a JRPG for my Vita

#4 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

Oh look another Girly JRPG for handheld.

looks too uninspired.

#5 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -

looks too uninspired.

Like all of your pathetic replies.

#6 Posted by bbkkristian (14888 posts) -

These are the games the Vita needs. I'll be getting the limited edition

#7 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8694 posts) -

I was going to buy this day one, but I've learned to not buy Vita games anymore. If it doesn't show up on PS Plus, then I'll buy it.

#8 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26228 posts) -

Love them ys games.I have the silver edtion pre ordered on amazon. Though for some reason it says Dec for my order.

#9 Edited by bbkkristian (14888 posts) -

@Xaero_Gravity: that's the way to do it lol it has so few games that the new upcoming ones are bound to show up on PS+ very soon.

But I like the developers getting money for their games, and I am not confident PS+ gives money to them when people get them for "free"

#10 Edited by ihsanqueen (866 posts) -

Oh look another Girly JRPG for handheld.

looks too uninspired.

Shut up and go play another uninspired shooter

#11 Edited by Slashkice (13003 posts) -

On the subject of PS+, I don't think XSEED has ever participated, even through a sale. Of course that could change, but still, something to consider.

edit: wait nevermind, there was that Japan sale a while back.

#12 Posted by charizard1605 (55299 posts) -

I will almost certainly get this somewhere down the line, but since I am already picking up A Link Between Worlds and Tearaway this month, I don't think I can accommodate this right now. Plus I still haven't finished Persona 4 yet, so I'm set as far as my Vita RPG needs go for a while.

#13 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

Never played this series before, looks promising though.

#14 Edited by darkkillerr (361 posts) -

i would buy it if it wasnt on vita

#15 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

i would buy it if it wasnt on vita

You could wait for the PC release.

#16 Edited by SonicNextGen2 (3388 posts) -

Just bought a Vita, first thing I'm buying, right here. Falcom can't make anything bad, fact

#17 Posted by lundy86_4 (42805 posts) -

Sweet thread. I'll pick this up.

#18 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5252 posts) -

@Slashkice: Day 1!!! Had this preorderd in the spring. Can't get here soon enough!!! Was upset it missed 2 release dates, as it was supposed to be out before the PS4... uggh.... wallet will be hurting.

#19 Posted by Slashkice (13003 posts) -

@treedoor said:

If there is a PC release, it'll be a while. It took three years for Ys Seven, and that's only released in China. Four years and counting for everywhere else at this point.

#20 Posted by Bigboi500 (29061 posts) -

Sexy hype thread. Would read again.

#21 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149964 posts) -

I've never played the Ys series.....

#22 Posted by Slashkice (13003 posts) -

You can start with this one! :D

This is technically a remake of the fourth game in the series, but you don't need previous knowledge to enjoy it.

#23 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11194 posts) -

I want to inject this game into my veins. Its gonna have to wait though, the holiday is kicking my wallets ass.

#24 Edited by Slashkice (13003 posts) -

I want to inject this game into my veins. Its gonna have to wait though, the holiday is kicking my wallets ass.

I know that feel. :(

By the way, did you pick up Sen no Kiseki?

#25 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149964 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

You can start with this one! :D

This is technically a remake of the fourth game in the series, but you don't need previous knowledge to enjoy it.

Well I do need some Vita games....

#26 Posted by fueled-system (6246 posts) -

I'll wait for reviews but I will probably pick it up

#27 Edited by Slashkice (13003 posts) -

Just realized I forgot the poll >.> OH WELL

Anyways, added another trailer to the OP.

#28 Edited by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

So is the gameplay any good? Considering putting it on my list to look for on discounts in the future.

#29 Posted by ShadowDoubt (32 posts) -

Yes, I'm so ready! ;_;

#30 Posted by Ghost120x (3680 posts) -

Limited edition day one baby! I been waiting a long time for this game. I was also waiting for a tales game to come out but...

:(

#31 Posted by Slashkice (13003 posts) -

@lx_theo: Very good. If you're willing to hop regions, there's actually a demo on the Japanese PSN if you want to try it. Alternatively, you could just look to Ys Seven. Celceta is closest to that one since it's building off of the same party system it used. The gameplay works like you'd expect a realtime action RPG to work, but the pace is a lot faster than the usual fare. It feels really good to play. You can also switch between party members on the fly, which you'll need to do since they're each suited for certain enemy types.

#32 Posted by darkkillerr (361 posts) -

@treedoor said:

If there is a PC release, it'll be a while. It took three years for Ys Seven, and that's only released in China. Four years and counting for everywhere else at this point.

then i will play it in japanesse when it will be out on pc and after buy it on steam when it will be out here :)

#33 Posted by DilfersDimes (59 posts) -

AAE

#34 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11194 posts) -

@Shirokishi_ said:

I know that feel. :(

By the way, did you pick up Sen no Kiseki?

Nope. Dont have the funds to import like a madman anymore, nor do I have the time or honestly the interest. Im looking forward to the game but not nearly as much as I am looking forward to the localization of Ao no Kiseki and Zero no Kiseki (Legend of Heroes VII), whenever that may be (hurry up XSEED).
Looking forward to Sen? Have you played previous titles?

#35 Posted by cainetao11 (16446 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

looks too uninspired.

Like all of your pathetic replies.

Thank you. He is such a cliché its funny though. Now onto the topic. I always try to broaden my horizons with games I never thought I would like. JRPGs are the toughest for me. And I did play them way back when on old systems. So I look at cheap, downloadable titles for my Vita, I see these Ys games. Should I try one off the PS Store or try this one?

#36 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Cheers for the thread, Slash.
I'll keep my eye on this.

#37 Edited by Slashkice (13003 posts) -

Nope. Dont have the funds to import like a madman anymore, nor do I have the time or honestly the interest. Im looking forward to the game but not nearly as much as I am looking forward to the localization of Ao no Kiseki and Zero no Kiseki (Legend of Heroes VII), whenever that may be (hurry up XSEED).

Looking forward to Sen? Have you played previous titles?

I'm still square at the beginning of the series. I was waiting for XSEED to confirm they're moving forward with the games since I know how story-heavy they are and I didn't want to get left with just the first part of the plot. So I'm glad they finally announced SC is coming. :p

Sen looks cool from what I've seen, though I know it'll be years before I actually get to play it in English.

#38 Edited by Slashkice (13003 posts) -

RISE, THREAD! Game comes out tomorrow and before release day, XSEED has been releasing videos for the game's playable characters:

#39 Posted by bbkkristian (14888 posts) -

holy crap, this game is coming out tomorrow? Looks like I wont be getting the limited edition ><.

Well, its either this or SM3DW. Gotta go with SM3DW for now.

#40 Posted by Bigboi500 (29061 posts) -

Just found out my copy shipped out already. Yehaa!

#41 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -

I don't have a Vita dn won't be getting one anytime soon seeing I an buying a 3DS XL this week. If Sony makes that PS4/Vita bundle happen for $500, then I will get it then. If not, not sure when or even if I will get a Vita. Lucky me I have a few Ys games on PC, one of which I already own.

#42 Posted by Slashkice (13003 posts) -

The game's out now! It's forty bucks on PSN and looks like it clocks in at 784MB. All three Ys PSP games are on sale too for $7.50 each. Anyways, here's a launch trailer for Celceta:

#43 Edited by Slashkice (13003 posts) -
#44 Posted by charizard1605 (55299 posts) -
#45 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38201 posts) -

That's a DAMN fine OP. Good job dude!

#46 Edited by GreySeal9 (23974 posts) -

If the Vita had more games like this on it, I'd actually be interested.

Those graphics are pretty rough by Vita standards, but it still looks very fun.

#47 Edited by -Unreal- (24533 posts) -

I played that gameplay video and skipped to the middle. Immediately noticed the typical generic JRPG rock music and annoying yells as characters attack.

#48 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26228 posts) -

I didint know they reviewed it in the first place. Anywho so far im having a good time with it. Got myself the silver edition.

#49 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8694 posts) -

That's a DAMN fine OP. Good job dude!

The best Hype threads found in SW. Well organized, to the point, pretty to look at, and not needlessly cluttered.

#50 Posted by Ghost120x (3680 posts) -

I love this game!