Youtube Now Available on 3DS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by charizard1605 (58985 posts) -

The Youtube app is now available as a free download on the Nintendo eShop for all 3DS systems around the world. It's actually a fairly well done app, and it uses the 3DS's two screen structure really well to perform multiple functions at once. It works fast with no lag, as well.

Oh, and to make this more System Wars worthy: lol, Google will put its apps on 3DS (and Vita even), but it won't put them on Windows Phone. Lol Microsoft. Just, lol.

#2 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8911 posts) -

How's the quality?

#3 Edited by charizard1605 (58985 posts) -

@Xaero_Gravity said:

How's the quality?

240p. No 3D support.

#4 Posted by Blabadon (27229 posts) -

Terriblw

#5 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Wow this is great. It's as if Nintendo is rolling out the red carpet for me. Just got my 3DS XL last night and already getting new free apps. *runs to install the app*

#6 Posted by charizard1605 (58985 posts) -

It's also got device pairing. Trying to hook this up with my Xbox lol

#7 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22499 posts) -

The quality is shit, not even worth the space on my sd card

#8 Posted by charizard1605 (58985 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Wow this is great. It's as if Nintendo is rolling out the red carpet for me. Just got my 3DS XL last night and already getting new free apps. *runs to install the app*

Cool, what do you think of the system?

#9 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Okay just went and typed in "youtube" in the eshop and got nothing. 0 matches. What do I type in to find it?

#10 Edited by Zassimick (6787 posts) -

This was one of the promised things in that Nintendo Direct, the other being the unified accounts. Any word on when we can expect that to happen aside from "before the end of the year"?

#11 Edited by charizard1605 (58985 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Okay just went and typed in "youtube" in the eshop and got nothing. 0 matches. What do I type in to find it?

Scroll like three squares to the right when it boots up. It's the fourth option in the top row

#12 Posted by _Matt_ (8939 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Xaero_Gravity said:

How's the quality?

240p. No 3D support.

EW. Wtf is even the point then?

#13 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17006 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Xaero_Gravity said:

How's the quality?

240p. No 3D support.

Seemed really low to me but then I realized the screen res is only 400x240

#14 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22499 posts) -

Seriously your better off just using your phone while playing with the 3ds. That way you can multitask

#15 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Scroll like three squares to the right when it boots up. It's the fourth option in the top row

Thanks, I am downloading it now. I am loving the system so far. I didn't think I would care too much for the 3D, but I was wrong. I am loving playing The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds in 3D. Got my girl Pokemon x (getting me Y in a week or two) and that looks great too. I have Super Mario 3D Land, Animal Crossing, and Fire Emblem coming from Amazon for it as well. I watched an episode of Futurama off Netflix on it last night. Not the best video quality, but good enough. I love how I can get stuck in a game and minimize it when I look up on the net how to get past the part I am stuck on. Overall I am very happy with my purchase.

#16 Posted by Slashkice (13339 posts) -

Tried it, will delete it later. I guess it's better than nothing, but the video quality just isn't good enough for me. The app seemed to run kinda slow too.

I also don't ever see myself really using it when I have a Vita and smartphone readily available.

#17 Posted by silversix_ (15025 posts) -

Running on a potato i see, what's new when it comes to Nintendo? lol 240p.

#18 Posted by Audacitron (915 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Xaero_Gravity said:

How's the quality?

240p. No 3D support.

Those knuckleheads, what a waste!

... there's actually a lot of 3d content on youtube.

#19 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2914 posts) -

240p lol

it's almost 2014 come one now...

#20 Posted by bbkkristian (14963 posts) -

@Shinobishyguy: you can still use it to look up ost :D

#21 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11960 posts) -

Vita-1

3DS-0

GG Nintendo

#22 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8911 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Xaero_Gravity said:

How's the quality?

240p. No 3D support.

#23 Posted by Dark_man123 (3835 posts) -

come back to me when they get skype and i will be please

#24 Posted by babycakin (1603 posts) -

Glad we have it but still pretty embarrassing.

#25 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

Thanks for finally joining the party, Vita...

#26 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3135 posts) -

No offense, I love my 3DS and all, but never will I watch a Youtube vid on it. Not when I have a Retina MacBook Pro or iPhone 5S next to me that will do it in HD and much faster. This isn't a feature I want or care about personally, but more power to those that do.

#27 Posted by Big_Pecks (5431 posts) -

@Dark_man123 said:

come back to me when they get skype and i will be please

Excuse me, that's what the Xbone is made for!

#28 Edited by Ghost120x (3987 posts) -

It crashes every minute and the quality is awful. This should have never been released. Nintendo and Google have brought shame to themselves.

#29 Posted by navyguy21 (13027 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Google will put its apps on 3DS (and Vita even), but it won't put them on Windows Phone. Lol Microsoft. Just, lol.

Do you have any idea how silly that statement is?