You're right, Sony didn't see the value in that

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#201 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

So they stopped making demos because as they put it they want to put 100% into the game.

and

You get 5 days early access to the FULL game under EA Access program.

2 totally different things. Your not paying for access to demo, early access to the full game is a benefit of the subscription.

Typical system wars.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#202  Edited By nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

There seems to be a lot of misinformation in this thread

There is no demo, you aren't paying for a demo. You pay a subscription and get the game 5 days earlier. End of story. It's the full game released earlier for EA access members much like day zero for Call of Duty.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@wiiboxstation said:

@Heirren: yes they still make demos! If you're lucky enough to own a microsoft console you need to pay 60 bucks a year to play demos. 90 bucks a year to play Ea demos.

EA is going to charge for demos? They must really be improving madden this year.

...This is the stuff I'm talking about. People buying all the nonsense last gen, and it leads to lunatics thinking people will buy into paid demos. I think even the most braindead COD fanboy will see where this is going. Makes me want to sell my ps4.

I've been saying over the last few months, could be more--wiiu and pc.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

Eh. EA is going to do what EA is going to do. If they really wanted to put the screws to Sony for not adopting EA Access they would withhold Titanfall 2 and the majority of their releases for PS4.

Yeah and their profits will sink to the floor and investors will demand the head of some one,like it or not EA can do sh** each and every single multiplatform they have sold better on PS4,so trying to hold games from the PS4 will only do EA harm,after all if BF5 is no on PS4 that mean more call of duty sold less BF5 sold so yeah is not going to happen.

@kuu2 said:

It will happen. Just look at online pay to play now.

You mean the one they introduce 11 years after MS.? Yeah i think we are safe for now,,lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 tormentos

@tdkmillsy said:

So they stopped making demos because as they put it they want to put 100% into the game.

and

2 totally different things. Your not paying for access to demo, early access to the full game is a benefit of the subscription.

Typical system wars.

So you are not paying for demos you are paying for 5 early access.? How is that any better.?

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@tormentos: Don't be dense you know what your paying for....The Vault(back catalog of EA games you can play) 10% off all digital purchases including DLC for members, and early access/trial/demo/rental (whatever word cows want to use to spin it negatively) to EA games 5 days before release all your saved progress and info will then transfer to the game if you choose to purchase it.

If anyone doesn't own or haven't played Battlefield 4, Madden 25, Fifa14 or Peggle 2. It's a no brainer to spend $5 for one month and play these games or just spend $30 and try out the year. If you own those or played these games it's a wait and see kinda deal.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

and

Typical system wars.

I tried to have them just read the FAQ, but they refused and charged on with ignorance.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@tdkmillsy said:

and

Typical system wars.

So you are not paying for demos you are paying for 5 early access.? How is that any better.?

1. 5 days of the full game
  2. 10% discount on all digital purchases
  3. The games in the Vault
  4. $30/year.

That's a pretty good deal. You reek of sour grapes because Sony f'ed PS3/4 owners and rejected it. Regardless of whether or not anyone else thinks it's a good deal, everyone except cows at least has the option.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#209  Edited By Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@MoneySha said:

@wiiboxstation: Yeah, Nintendo is so "gamer friendly" that they've lost 95% of all third party support, have no real online community, and continue to re-release rehashed games and characters from previous generations of their platforms; Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong...

the 3rd party support always disappears when the hardware sales are not great. This isn't Nintendo's choosing. This is the Developers/Publishers choosing not to make their games for Nintendo's console.

Rehash excellent new games of Mario, Zelda and donkey kong, maybe you should play them and see the changes. Go check out the the favorite franchise topic. Nintendo has the top 3 placed franchises. Not to mention don't blame Nintendo for being able to keep franchises relevant. I love Sega but they turned Sonic into a joke. Sony managed to ruin crash bandicoot in just 2 generations.The online community is growing with games like Mario Kart and SSB/Platoon on the horizon. COD has a respectable amount of players anytime I have played black ops 2 on my Wii U.

Also don't fail to mention that Nintendo has never tried to put DRM onto the consoles. Microsoft wanted to and Sony was interested until they saw the Microsoft backlash. Nintendo doesn't charge you to rent games. It doesn't charge you to play online. It is backwards compatible. It gave away a free game with its highest selling game so far. You can use previous generations controllers on the Wii U. There is no subscriptions. Their games come with gifts from club Nintendo.

Nintendo saved gaming in the 80's now sony and microsoft are trying to suck the life out of it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#210  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher: Implying I have any interest in PS Now either.

Implying all x1 owners are getting EA access. Hypocrite much?

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@lostrib said:

@StormyJoe said:

@lostrib said:

@StormyJoe said:

@lostrib said:

Well I know it's something you have to pay for, which would not make it free. And it doesn't seem to be "forever" either

Did you read the article?

"Those who spend $5 per month (or $30 per year) on an EA Access subscription will be granted free, all-you-can-play access to the publisher's biggest Xbox One games, including Battlefield 4, Peggle 2, FIFA 14 and Madden NFL 25. EA plans to add to this selection of games over time, and according to a Game Informer tweet, the publisher has "no plans" to remove content in the future. In addition to the gratis games, EA Access members receive 10 percent discounts on all of EA's digital Xbox One content and are granted access to big EA releases up to five days prior to their official debut."

right, so if you pay then you get access. Hence it's not really free. Nor does it seem you keep the games.

For $5 a month, yes. I was quoting the article. And yes, you get to keep the downloaded games. And, you get 10% off all digital content, including new game downloads.

You should read the FAQ.

Perhaps you should read the FAQ: "The Vault is an evolving selection of EA's Xbox One games that EA Access members can download and play while an active member"

Seriously, what is the matter with you? Nitpick, much? Of course you have to still be a member, but they are not going to remove a game once you download it. I figured that was understood - other wise people could pay $5 for one month, and get 4 games for free, then cancel.

If you don't see a value in it, then don't get it - that's your prerogative.

Actually, there are no current plans to do so. That's legaleze for "we might do it later though".

Hate_me_now22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Hate_me_now22
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@tormentos: A demo and the full game are completely different. A demo is limited in what you can experience, whereas EA access is giving you the complete game early. As stated, the demo does not exist. You can experience the full game early without having to purchase it.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@MoneySha said:

@wiiboxstation: Yeah, Nintendo is so "gamer friendly" that they've lost 95% of all third party support, have no real online community, and continue to re-release rehashed games and characters from previous generations of their platforms; Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong...

Regardless of the reasons you stated, Wiiboxstation is correct. Nintendo is the most gamer friendly atm. No online fees (like it should be), a decent online community (regardless of what you make yourself believe - they seriously need to update the messaging system though), actual sequels to games (Instead of remakes), Free DLC (that also isn't locked on the game pre-release), have traditional AND newly innovative control methods and is actually improving all of it with updates.

I'm sure it won't be long before Sony adopts the same pay-for-demos method that EA is using and you will start to justify it in your mind just like you're ragging on the xbox one fanboys for doing. I remember the Playstation Undergroud and Jam Pack demo cd's that they made you pay for back in the early days of Playstation.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 StormyJoe

@MlauTheDaft said:

@StormyJoe said:

@lostrib said:

@StormyJoe said:

@lostrib said:

@StormyJoe said:

@lostrib said:

Well I know it's something you have to pay for, which would not make it free. And it doesn't seem to be "forever" either

"Those who spend $5 per month (or $30 per year) on an EA Access subscription will be granted free, all-you-can-play access to the publisher's biggest Xbox One games, including Battlefield 4, Peggle 2, FIFA 14 and Madden NFL 25. EA plans to add to this selection of games over time, and according to a Game Informer tweet, the publisher has "no plans" to remove content in the future. In addition to the gratis games, EA Access members receive 10 percent discounts on all of EA's digital Xbox One content and are granted access to big EA releases up to five days prior to their official debut."

right, so if you pay then you get access. Hence it's not really free. Nor does it seem you keep the games.

For $5 a month, yes. I was quoting the article. And yes, you get to keep the downloaded games. And, you get 10% off all digital content, including new game downloads.

You should read the FAQ.

Perhaps you should read the FAQ: "The Vault is an evolving selection of EA's Xbox One games that EA Access members can download and play while an active member"

Seriously, what is the matter with you? Nitpick, much? Of course you have to still be a member, but they are not going to remove a game once you download it. I figured that was understood - other wise people could pay $5 for one month, and get 4 games for free, then cancel.

Actually, there are no current plans to do so. That's legaleze for "we might do it later though".

Jesus fricken Christ...

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I had to speak in f**king legalise on a gaming forum site. WTF - stop nitpicking. You got f'ed by Sony, get over it.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@StormyJoe said:

@lostrib said:

@StormyJoe said:

@lostrib said:

@StormyJoe said:

@lostrib said:

You should read the FAQ.

Jesus fricken Christ...

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I had to speak in f**king legalise on a gaming forum site. WTF - stop nitpicking. You got f'ed by Sony, get over it.

I'm just saiyan bro. Some of us just it weird that people like you are so eager to trust EA, a company which at best, has done nothing to earn that trust.

It seems that overyone who is'nt a lemming must be a cow huh? You're the fucking George Bush of gaming.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Paid gaming services in general are just a bad thing. XBLG, PS+, PS Now, and EA Access need to just go away.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

Paying for demos? No thanks. I'll just continue not playing the vast majority of EA games like I have for the last 10 years.

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#218  Edited By Phreek300
Member since 2007 • 672 Posts

Well I knew this would happen. Im staying far away from PS Now and EA Access. If all the publishers think a subscription access is good then prepare to pay varying prices from all publishers/developers. No thanks i'll keep my 300-400 a year thank you much. I don't care if some gamers think that it offers value. To me it will only usher in the era of DD much faster. I don't know about you but, i like having physical copies of games. If you buy into this you are starting a trend that will cause gaming to crash again. To all developers and publishers just make good games and I will buy them. I will not be buying your subscriptions. Sadly, it looks like I'm in the minority.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Considering I haven't seen a peep of criticism about it from any of them, no.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#220 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@cainetao11 said:

Considering I haven't seen a peep of criticism about it from any of them, no.

Boy you read selectively then. In the thread announcing it, myself and others have said we aren't convinced or sold on this, but at least we get to decide for ourselves.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#221  Edited By svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

At this point EA might as well release their own console that requires a subscription to function, another subscription to play online. Required pictures of your face to access your account. Required 24/7 connection. supports only one controller as multiplayer is online only. Etc etc etc

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#222 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

And if you pay for the EA thingy you get games to play for free (What cows call "free".)

Nothing lost.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#223  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

People have been paying for demos for years now and sometimes they didn't even have to give them fancy names like "Prologue"

You'd have to be a total idiot to think this is unprecedented.

dino7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 dino7c
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

I'm waiting to see if they are going to limit the 5 days early access

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@tdkmillsy said:

and

Typical system wars.

4. $30/year.

That's a pretty good deal. You reek of sour grapes because Sony f'ed PS3/4 owners and rejected it. Regardless of whether or not anyone else thinks it's a good deal, everyone except cows at least has the option.

Agreed completely.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@tdkmillsy said:

and

Typical system wars.

4. $30/year.

Agreed completely.

I don't think it's 5 full days of the game. "download upcoming EA games five days before the release date to play for a limited time."

I imagine you have only a set number of hours within those 5 days

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#227 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Demos are a thing of the past anyways. Paying for them is the only way for publishers to justify even releasing them.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Wiiboxstation

Ea can't even release a bug free game on the actual release date. So 5 days early access will have even more bugs.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 StormyJoe

@lostrib said:

@shawn30 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@tdkmillsy said:

and

Typical system wars.

4. $30/year.

Agreed completely.

I don't think it's 5 full days of the game. "download upcoming EA games five days before the release date to play for a limited time."

You are like a f*cking gnat! C'mon - do you have to fricken spend your day nitpicking? WTF????

You still get to try the full game 5 days before it is available to see if you like it. That' more than a demo, which is usually 1-2 levels of a game.

If you don't want it, don't pay for it.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#230  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@GrenadeLauncher said:

Thanks Peter Moore.

Don't worry, that $4.99 UFC demo on XBL a weeks back? Yep. Outstanding value!

Hhhmm.. I never paid for any UFC demo. Mine was free on XBox One. lol!! I have no plans of getting EA Access. There are enough games for it yet to be worth it right now. Other gamers will probably jump on it though.

Cows having meltdown over EA Access. Pretty funny. You do know that all these new EA games will still be coming to the PS4 right? lol!! There will still be DD for them, but you'll have to pay the full price or get the physical copy at retailers.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 lostrib

@StormyJoe said:

@lostrib said:

@shawn30 said:

Agreed completely.

You are like a f*cking gnat! C'mon - do you have to fricken spend your day nitpicking? WTF????

You still get to try the full game 5 days before it is available to see if you like it. That' more than a demo, which is usually 1-2 levels of a game.

What's wrong with correcting or clarifying information for people?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 lostrib

@blackace said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Thanks Peter Moore.

Don't worry, that $4.99 UFC demo on XBL a weeks back? Yep. Outstanding value!

Hhhmm.. I never paid for any UFC demo. Mine was free on XBox One. lol!! I have no plans of getting EA Access. There are enough games for it yet to be worth it right now. Other gamers will probably jump on it though.

He's making fun of what was supposedly a glitch that showed the UFC demo costing 4.99

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

Ea Access is open to the public now

MoneySha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 MoneySha
Member since 2013 • 209 Posts

LMAO... Silly, silly, Xbox fanboys...

First EA was the Devil of the gaming industry... Now all of a sudden, they're the Savior because Sony turned their service down and it's only available for Xbox.

Cani't wait to see this blow up in SOOOOO many faces when EA Access turns into "EA >ONLY< Access", and their games ONLY become available through this service because, you morons (once again) "chased the rabbit, down the rabbit hole"; only to find Poop at the end of all this...

You people clearly don't understand the "Bait and Switch" here...

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Wiiboxstation

@svaubel: I'm sure Ea are working on this. Probably want to add more subscriptions and charges to those you listed.

dino7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 dino7c
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@lostrib said:

@shawn30 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@tdkmillsy said:

and

Typical system wars.

4. $30/year.

Agreed completely.

pretty sure you only get the access if you pre-order the game no?? as in no trying

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 lostrib

@dino7c said:

@StormyJoe said:

@lostrib said:

pretty sure you only get the access if you pre-order the game no?? as in no trying

No you get to try games early for a limited amount of time. Should you then decide to purchase the game, your progress will carry over

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Paying for demos? lol you can keep that trash lemmings.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 lostrib

@Pray_to_me said:

Paying for demos? lol you can keep that trash lemmings.

it's not really a demo. It's more like a timed trial, kind of like what you pay for with PS+

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#240  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@b4x said:

Meanwhile on PS+, No demos.

One day after this, the biggest demo of the year drops on PSN.

It's like karma has it out for you...

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Enjoy paying to access demos, morons.

..and so, it begins.

hope u are enjoying all the remasters.. i told u sony lovers to not buy all those HD collections last gen. but some how none of u guys played them the first time on ps3 :roll: right?

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Enjoy paying to access demos, morons.

..and so, it begins.

i went on psn the other night to play some new demos on my ps3. almost all of then needed psn+ whats up with that???

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 tormentos

@FastRobby said:

Cows being afraid in case the vault is going to be massive after 1 year, and the service will actually be amazing. Keep trying to downplay it.

Yeah fill with EA crappy games...

I can already see it sport sport sport...BF NFS.. Next year same sh**.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 tormentos

@FastRobby said:

Well the games from EA... A lot of them are Sports, BF, NFS and Dragon Age. If you don't like it, don't take it, it's that simple. If you don't like the games from EA, why would you consider taking the subscription? :s You have the choice, and Sony took that away from you, but sure that's a good thing ;)

Exactly which is the reason why i don't care for it..

EA games are basically quick cash grabs.

Sony can't stop me from choosing EA games,those games still are coming to PS4,and i don't want them.

Yeah just like you have the choice to pay for weapons which EA basically started as well,not all choices are good for gamers.