You're right, Sony didn't see the value in that

#1 Posted by Shewgenja (11034 posts) -

Enjoy paying to access demos, morons.

..and so, it begins.

#2 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (9019 posts) -

So it is everything they said it would be.

#3 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6256 posts) -

Thanks Peter Moore.

Don't worry, that $4.99 UFC demo on XBL a weeks back? Yep. Outstanding value!

#4 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

..and so, it begins.

Meanwhile on PS+, No demos.

#5 Posted by Snugenz (12801 posts) -

Someones still extremely butthurt over people calling Sony out on their shitty pricing with PS Now...

#6 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

how long till 'ea access required to play multiplayer'? haha u fools are clowns thinking this isnt happening next bu-bu-bu the value!!!!

#7 Posted by Shewgenja (11034 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

Someones still extremely butthurt over people calling Sony out on their shitty pricing with PS Now...

Moooooooooooooooooooo

#8 Posted by Snugenz (12801 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@Snugenz said:

Moooooooooooooooooooo

Good to see you being honest for once. Continue.

#9 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6256 posts) -

Don't worry, cows, you don't need a demo to figure out what the next identikit Madden game will be like. Let the lems be milked like the true cows they are.

#11 Posted by RR360DD (13047 posts) -

So now you get no demo.

Thanks sony

#12 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@Snugenz said:

Moooooooooooooooooooo

I see no demos of any games in PS4 future... If Sony doesn't open it's door to these services.

If you don't think Activision and Ubisoft are working on their own services right now. Well..........

#13 Posted by xxyetixx (1384 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: I would have no issue with that if EA's horrible server/online issues would be fixed. X1 would be the place to play all EA games with no broken online!!!

But doubt that would happen.

#15 Posted by Promised_Trini (3637 posts) -

Wow EA just WOW!. Funny there are people who wouldn't mind this.

#16 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6256 posts) -

@Promised_Trini said:

Wow EA just WOW!. Funny there are people who wouldn't mind this.

Paid demos are great cos it's Eggsbux Juan exclusive.

#17 Posted by StormyJoe (6563 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

..and so, it begins.

I'll also enjoy the full, retail games that I can download and play forever for free, thank you very much.

#18 Posted by ShepardCommandr (3270 posts) -

So this is future of gaming huh?..........

paid demos(thanks ground zeroes)

subscription after subscription

"always connected"

drm

"early access"

dlc after dlc

#19 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@b4x said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Snugenz said:

Moooooooooooooooooooo

I see no demos of any games in PS4 future... If Sony doesn't open it's door to these services.

If you don't think Activision and Ubisoft are working on their own services right now. Well..........

Imagine Sony saying no to them all, haha, idiots

If Sony allows Microsoft to corner this..... This could effect DLC deals.. content and everything. Why would these publishers offer these incentives outside of their eco-system. When they could make Bank inside them?

They will 10000% push these services to get subscribers. There will be many incentives for gamers to drop the dime.

#20 Posted by lostrib (42848 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja said:

..and so, it begins.

I'll also enjoy the full, retail games that I can download and play forever for free, thank you very much.

What games?

#21 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja said:

..and so, it begins.

What games?

free? That's my question.

#22 Posted by tacoma1972 (197 posts) -

Funny thing is Sony is in a position to drive EA's business decisions. Sony has a larger install base and will continue to do so. Publishers will have to do what sony wants.

#23 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@tacoma1972 said:

Funny thing is Sony is in a position to drive EA's business decisions. Sony has a larger install base and will continue to do so. Publishers will have to do what sony wants.

Games dictate the rules.

#24 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7877 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr: It's only the future of gaming for the big publishers like EA, Activision, and Ubisoft. Fortunately, they don't make very many quality games and I can do just fine without them.

#25 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6256 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja said:

..and so, it begins.

What games?

Fifa World Cup 2010

Theme Park

Medal of Honor: Frontline

#26 Posted by Kjranu (1284 posts) -

Let me be the first one to say it ... LOLMadden, LOLEA.

#27 Edited by nini200 (10526 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Shewgenja said:

..and so, it begins.

Meanwhile on PS+, No demos.

Soon on PS+, Sony adopts a similar EA Access pay-for-demo method, Cows defend Sony and try to justify it.

#28 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@Kjranu said:

Let me be the first one to say it ... LOLMadden, LOLEA.

LOL at a game that sales 10-15 million copies every year. LOL indeed.

#29 Posted by Shewgenja (11034 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Snugenz said:

Moooooooooooooooooooo

Think about what you're saying a moment.. Imagine a world where Zenimax, Square-Enix, and every other big publisher also play ball.

Do you want to shell out the price of a whole game once a month just to be a part of the publisher whoring their content? Is this REALLY the direction gaming needs to go?

#30 Posted by freedomfreak (43600 posts) -

I don't download demos, so meh.

#32 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@b4x said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Snugenz said:

Moooooooooooooooooooo

Think about what you're saying a moment.. Imagine a world where Zenimax, Square-Enix, and every other big publisher also play ball.

Do you want to shell out the price of a whole game once a month just to be a part of the publisher whoring their content? Is this REALLY the direction gaming needs to go?

Me thinking about anything is not going to stop the exodus? Do I want it..No. Does that matter, no.

Allowing Microsoft to corner this = Bad for gamers.

EDIT~

#33 Posted by Snugenz (12801 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@b4x said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Snugenz said:

Moooooooooooooooooooo

God no, SW bullshit aside i agree with ya there. EA Access needs to die a quick death.

#34 Posted by xxyetixx (1384 posts) -

@tacoma1972: The only thing Sony can do is back pedal and tell EA the want to provide the service on PS4??

You realize there has been over 170 million 360/PS3 sold and there has been maybe 15 million PS4/X1 sold there are a lot of potential customers for either new system right now.

#35 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@Shewgenja said:

@b4x said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Snugenz said:

Moooooooooooooooooooo

Yes, as long as the price is right... At the moment it's only EA, so they can do what they want. But when Activision, Ubisoft and others join, they'll try to be competitive by lowering prices or adding more games. Could be a good thing.

Not with ONE player in the game. I want Sony to adopt this also. It will keep these crooks honest.

Sony can bury their head in the sand. It's not going to stop these publishers from doing it.

#36 Edited by YD_11 (1867 posts) -

lol at cows if they think the main draw to ea access is week early demos. Nevermind the full games you have access to download (not stream mind you) and play

#37 Posted by xxyetixx (1384 posts) -

@Shewgenja: I know your only use to buying indie games on PS4 but the retail price of a full game isn't $4.99 nor is it the $30 price you can get for the entire year.

#39 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@b4x said:

@FastRobby said:

@Shewgenja said:

@b4x said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Snugenz said:

Moooooooooooooooooooo

Yes, as long as the price is right... At the moment it's only EA, so they can do what they want. But when Activision, Ubisoft and others join, they'll try to be competitive by lowering prices or adding more games. Could be a good thing.

Not with ONE player in the game. I want Sony to adopt this also. I will keep these crooks honest.

Sony can bury their head in the stand. It's not going to stop these publishers from doing it.

I don't care about the number of players in the game, as long as I have it

Options = good

#40 Posted by Shewgenja (11034 posts) -

@xxyetixx said:

@Shewgenja: I know your only use to buying indie games on PS4 but the retail price of a full game isn't $4.99 nor is it the $30 price you can get for the entire year.

How many publishers are there? Refresh my memory, you seem to be the mathematician.

#41 Edited by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

@tacoma1972 said:

If publishers and game developers only go for Microsoft then there is nothing Sony can do to drive EA's business. Point being large install base won't mean anything unless they can keep the games coming. Publishers won't have to do what Sony wants. They can decide to make games for another console and Sony would have to make a compromise for them to make games on their own system.

#42 Posted by chikenfriedrice (11042 posts) -

And if you think PSN Now has value then you have your head way to far up Sony's ass

#43 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@shadowchronicle said:

@tacoma1972 said:

If publishers and game developers only go for Microsoft then there is nothing Sony can do to drive EA's business. Point being large install base won't mean anything unless they can keep the games coming. Publishers won't have to do what Sony wants. They can decide to make games for another console and Sony would have to make a compromise for them to make games on their own system.

So true.

EA FORCED Microsoft to drop ALL of their 1st party sports games on the Xbox.

EA pulled all support from the Dreamcast.

EA pulled support from Steam.

EA pulled support from the WiiU

Games make the rules. Not console manufactures.

#44 Posted by clone01 (25317 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

I don't download demos, so meh.

Yup...not unless they're free.

#45 Posted by commonfate (12853 posts) -

Really can't wait for Activision, Square Enix, Capcom and Ubisoft early access as well.

#46 Posted by parkurtommo (27729 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

how long till 'ea access required to play multiplayer'? haha u fools are clowns thinking this isnt happening next bu-bu-bu the value!!!!

lmao yeah eventually ea access will be tied with origin and they'll start to implement it to multiplayer (and PC will be affected too D: )

#47 Edited by Shewgenja (11034 posts) -

@b4x said:

So true.

EA FORCED Microsoft to drop ALL of their 1st party sports games on the Xbox.

EA pulled all support from the Dreamcast.

EA pulled support from Steam.

EA pulled support from the WiiU

Games make the rules. Not console manufactures.

I would love to see EAs response in investor calls as to why they are skipping out on the console that sells bigger than the Wii and PS2. I pretty much spring a boner thinking about it.

#48 Posted by StormyJoe (6563 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja said:

..and so, it begins.

What games?

These games...

#49 Posted by StormyJoe (6563 posts) -

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja said:

..and so, it begins.

What games?

free? That's my question.

Did no one pay attention to what EA Access is?

#50 Posted by enzyme36 (1651 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

So this is future of gaming huh?..........

paid demos(thanks ground zeroes)

subscription after subscription

"always connected"

drm

"early access"

dlc after dlc

you forgot Season Passes... where you literally have no idea what you are paying for