Your View of Microsoft

This topic is locked from further discussion.

timma25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 timma25
Member since 2005 • 1131 Posts

Between the xbox360  and Windows Vista and any other relative things microsoft have done, do you see Microsoft as favourable technology company, a monopoly monster or somewere in between?

OXIIIIXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 OXIIIIXO
Member since 2006 • 2337 Posts

Between the xbox360  and Windows Vista and any other relative things microsoft have done, do you see Microsoft as favourable technology company, a monopoly monster or somewere in between?

timma25

More of the later.

Avatar image for thefireflower99
thefireflower99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thefireflower99
Member since 2006 • 1513 Posts

I hate the Xbox

for reasons I only know

BigDizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 BigDizz
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts

When I think of MS

I think American

OXIIIIXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 OXIIIIXO

When I think of MS

I think American

BigDizz

Same here, I like my products from China or Mexico.

Rollingstones7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Rollingstones7
Member since 2005 • 592 Posts
MS is like the White Power Ranger: Tries to be kick-ass, but in the end, he's still a Power Ranger...
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
halo, some hate it, some love it. when people say halo is overated and make a big deal bout it. u know the game is good/popular. i sometimes get frustrated with MS atleast xbox/360 related. but overall i love the 360. im going to be pissed if they do actualy produce the zephyr. shocked no since sony has done it plenty of times (slimps2). does the 360 need a bigger HDD. some say yes but i still have 13.2 gigs left and i have had my 360 since dec. 2005. i stream my music from zune software even though i dont have a zune or ipod. i dont buy lots of arcade games. and i just refresh and delete old content that i dont use at all anymore. the new smaller chips are going to be in the 360 (65 mm) no matter what package it is so thats not really my problem. its just the idea of the 120 gig hdd, new chip, maybe hdmi or even hd dvd built in and the black version of the console idea itself that makes me angery.
thegame458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 thegame458
Member since 2006 • 1326 Posts
I like Microsoft Word
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

timma25
As a developer, I love the stuff they're doing (ASP.Net is hands down my favorite web platform, though I want to try Rails). As an end user, I'm less impressed with Vista, but I'll use it for a while. As a gamer, they're getting everything right with the 360, except for HDMI.
BigDizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BigDizz
[QUOTE="BigDizz"]

When I think of MS

I think American

OXIIIIXO

I didnt mean that as an insult at all...
StephenKing_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 StephenKing_1
Member since 2003 • 701 Posts
[QUOTE="BigDizz"]

When I think of MS

I think American

OXIIIIXO

Why?

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#12 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

No MS haters will claim that Sony is a monolopy monster of the video game industry, because that will back them look bad. MS is doing business, and everything else besides the 360 has no discussion here because  it is not in the console wars.

As for myself, I have no opinion on their status, I just enjoy their games.

grapefruit21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 grapefruit21
Member since 2007 • 3537 Posts
i think of computers and money
Kekira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kekira
Member since 2007 • 2128 Posts
A monopoly monster without a doubt. I do like Windows because ofi t's ease of use though, I'm even using one right now but if it weren't for Mac then M$ would own the pc market almost completely. In the gaming world, they are threatening to monopolize something that should be fought for forever. After all, it's no fun if you've got no competition.
ishxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ishxan
Member since 2006 • 369 Posts
A company that treats its customers and employees pretty good, but anyone who gets in their way is a dead **********!

Yeah, they are quite evil when it comes to competition, though they did a great job with the X360. I love the console not the company. Just remember, everything Microsoft does is meant to earn them more money, if it's good things they are doing then everyone benefits. So far, with the X360 they have done good things for the most part; they really wanna make the X360 the leader and it shows, so they persist in Japan, and they try to make their 1st party game very appealing and innovative and the best part is that they are trying honestly, not like Sony which give a load of BS and under delivers.

So far most of the developers that work with Microsoft have a lot of positive things to say about them, like how MS really wants their games to be good and strive for that, wheras Sony just cares about the money, because they know their brandname will sell on its own just fine. Microsoft on the other hand still has to gain the brand popularity like PS3, and the only way they can do that is by making sure the BEST games come on their system, so then the word will spread and their brand will establish itself alongside Sony.
OXIIIIXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OXIIIIXO

No MS haters will claim that Sony is a monolopy monster of the video game industry, because that will back them look bad. MS is doing business, and everything else besides the 360 has no discussion here because  it is not in the console wars.

immortality20

You must be from another planet. As long as something is related to a company, it can be used againest them, even if it's a long dead relative or a distant cousin or even their dog, it can be used here in SW.

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#17 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts
[QUOTE="immortality20"]

OXIIIIXO

You must be from another planet. As long as something is related to a company, it can be used againest them, even if it's a long dead relative or a distant cousin or even their dog, it can be used here in SW.

To me, thats like saying gamerankings can be used to back up bad scores, because its the same game. But whatever works for you guys.

BigDizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BigDizz
[QUOTE="OXIIIIXO"][QUOTE="BigDizz"]

When I think of MS

I think American

StephenKing_1

Why?

Because it's an american company... and (argueably) caters to americans tastes of video games the most

IE: Shooters, blood and gore

WeeWeeJumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 WeeWeeJumbo
Member since 2005 • 5380 Posts
Ruthless; relentless; insidiously clever; lawfully evil.  A peerless ally and a heartless enemy.
OXIIIIXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 OXIIIIXO
[QUOTE="OXIIIIXO"][QUOTE="immortality20"]

immortality20

To me, thats like saying gamerankings can be used to back up bad scores, because its the same game. But whatever works for you guys.

What do you mean by "you guys"?

Why shouldn't gamerankings used to back up scores, after all they take the scores from many sites and average it out, which I think is much better than just listening to what one guy has to say.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
MS is a large corporation that does what it can to make more money. Just like all big companies.
StephenKing_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 StephenKing_1
Member since 2003 • 701 Posts

MS is a large corporation that does what it can to make more money. Just like all big companies.Ibacai

Because small company's don't care about making money, right? haha

Jubedube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jubedube
Member since 2006 • 86 Posts
I HATE MACS!!!11!1! BAD GRafcX!1!
ChimTheGrim21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ChimTheGrim21
Member since 2004 • 3572 Posts
[QUOTE="BigDizz"]

When I think of MS

I think American

OXIIIIXO

haha.. well. 360 is made in China Im pretty sure. The zune might be aswell.
quocthai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 quocthai
Member since 2005 • 1995 Posts
why call microsoft an evil ruthless company, they didn't do anything to you guys and they're just like every single company out there, they want to make money
Trashface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 Trashface
Member since 2006 • 3534 Posts
Microsoft is a covert monopoly monster. This is a compliment. Gates and crew know what they're doing. They're corporate masterminds that really cannot fail (verdict is still out on Zune). I haven't tested Vista out. I want to wait and see if some of these nasty anti-piracy and hardware license rumors are true. I tend to think people who hate MS fall into one or more of the following 3 catergories: 1. They're elitist and have to hate what is popular and mainstream to feel better than everyone else. 2. They dislike Gates for legally buying the Windows design, which he did no wrong in doing. As I said, they are masterminds of business. 3. They are Sony fanboys who hate MS because the 360 is dominating the console world.
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#27 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts
I view microsoft as the government (this works for just about any country)

Everybody complains about how crappy their services are but most people's lives would completely fall apart with out them.

They regulate some things more than they should, and don't regulate other stuff enough.

The best & brightest work for them, but a fair share of idiots have way to much control/responsibility.

They make/spend more money than I can ever imagine

They are tied down by so much bureaucracy I'm surprised they get anything done on a large scale.

I think they're monitoring this post.
Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mass_Effect
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

[QUOTE="Ibacai"]MS is a large corporation that does what it can to make more money. Just like all big companies.StephenKing_1

Apparently most people on system wars think Sony and Nintendo aren't mainly after money, whilst Microsoft are some evil company after everyones money. Every company wants money, if they didn't they would just be a non-profit organisation 

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

[QUOTE="Ibacai"]MS is a large corporation that does what it can to make more money. Just like all big companies.StephenKing_1

No, of course not but they usually don't have the financial backing to crush all opposition (Buy outs, mergers, land grabs, etc.) And I count Sony and Nintendo as big companies as well. Seems people think I'm bashing MS here...When I'm not really bashing anyone.
SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts

I really like MS. They bought us the Xbox and 360, both of which I love and consider the best consoles I ever owned. XBL is pure genius and pioneered a whole new level for console gaming.

I hope to get a kick ass Vista laptop in July, so I'm MS all the way.

bluebrad1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 bluebrad1974
Member since 2005 • 5162 Posts
I like what MS is doing for gaming. Their direction seems to be a more mature approach. I don't think MS is trying to monopolize gaming, they just wan't to get a slice of the multi-billion dollar market that is gaming. And it's fitting considering their relation to the PC market.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

immortality20
Sony had at most a 60% share of the market. not a monopoly.
akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts
i like how they've shaken up the industry without M$ a lot of last gen's great console games might have just been PC exclusives .. like halo
timma25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 timma25
Member since 2005 • 1131 Posts
Isn't microsoft paying tons to keep xbox games exclusive now though?
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

timma25
all m$ care about it how many $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ it can get from the customer
Avatar image for machitocaliente
machitocaliente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 machitocaliente
Member since 2007 • 832 Posts
bad view. consoles in general ruin / dumb down / destroy gaming. the wii its going 2 change that. but first, ports, ugly games, really ugly ports and more ports, its going to be a painfull  jurney but sudenly BAM!  amazing wii shooter with really good grapxz ( black x 20)  and superb aiming...   is going 2 change gaming forever