Your top games you played most in December

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

My top games I played most

1. AC4: Black Flag (PC)

The adventure game of the year. Scored 90h because I went completionist with this one.

2. DMC (PC)

Got it day 1 through greenmangaming for 36$. Replayed it this month again. So why did people hate it in the first place ? Because of the protagonist's hair ? The hair does turn white by the end of the game.

The game is awesome. Although my fingers hurt by playing it XD

3. The Dark Eye:Chains of Satinav (PC)

A jewel I have discovered this Steam sale. One of the best point and click adventure games i played in years. Gorgeous art style. A lovely story. Very recommended. Got it like for 2$.

4. GRID 2 (PC)

A very enjoyable arcade controller-oriented racing game. Scored a few hours. Bought from greenmangaming for 10$. Take it for what it is, not a sim, but something to play with a 360 controller.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

Hitman: Absolution (This game really surprised me.)

Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Mod

All great games.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Battlefield 4 (PS4) Fantastic multiplayer.

Assassins Creed IV (PS4) this was the biggest surprise of the year for me. I've never been a fan of the series but I love this game.

NBA 2K14 (PS4) I am addicted to The Park.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

1. Garry's mod

2. Tomb Raider (pc)

3. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (pc)

4. Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie

5. Payday 2 (pc)

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

1. MWO

2. MWO

3. MWO

4. MWO

5. MWO

6. MWO

7. MWO

8. MWO

9. MWO

10. MWO

griphinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 griphinite
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

My uncle hooked me up with a new computer a week before my exams, so instead of studying I played Sleeping Dogs, Crysis 2 and Far Cry 3. Needless to say, the exams didn't go as well as I had hoped.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

1. Battlefield 4

2. Killzone SF

completed AC4 and Batman AO, already before december

griphinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By griphinite
@PonchoTaco said:

My boyfriend is constantly playing that with his mates. Must be lots of fun then?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

@griphinite said:
@PonchoTaco said:

My boyfriend is constantly playing that with his mates. Must be lots of fun then?

It's fun with friends. Nothing too special by yourself.

griphinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By griphinite

@PonchoTaco said:

@griphinite said:
@PonchoTaco said:

It's fun with friends. Nothing too special by yourself.

Yeah, I figured! I haven't gone near it yet.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

BF4 and Fifa 14 on ps4. Also Gran turismo 6 on ps3.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Bravely Default and Assassin's Creed 4.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#13 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

dead risning 3 easy, currently on my third playthrough.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

VLR + Splinter Cell Blacklist

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

1. Black Flag

2. FIFA 14

3. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

5. Game Dev Tycoon

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I played disgusting amounts of Link Between Worlds finding all the Maiamais.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

1) Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012

-I don't think I'll ever be done playing this game. There's always more to learn and master and there's a local tournament coming up in January

2) Pikmin 3

-I've been working on platinum medals for all of the challenge mode maps. The level design is truly god tier here

3) Super Metroid

-I don't need a reason to be playing this masterpiece again

4) Super Mario 3D World

-That champion road level still has the best of me, but I intend to beat it one day

5) A Link Between Worlds

-Currently working through hero mode where some enemies do a whopping 6 hearts of damage!

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Finals took up the first half of the month and I didn't get any game time. It sucked. Now that classes are done though, I played a lot of:

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag - PS4

This is an incredible entry in the series and such a fun game. I have a long ways to go in it still but I'm really enjoying it.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Wii VC

Finally beat this for the first time last night. Definitely the most difficult Zelda I've played but it was so worthwhile. I don't think it's my favorite Zelda title but it was incredible and there are a few things that left me wondering why Nintendo isn't still doing them in today's Zelda games.

Final Fantasy IX - Vita

Purchased on the Playstation Store recently just because I was in the mood to play it. The game is magical and charmingly epic.

Super Mario 3D World - Wii U

A game that has been equally fun alone and in a large group. I'm so glad I got my hands on this game because it is so polished and so enjoyable.

Killzone: Shadow Fall - PS4

Nearly forgot I beat this game this month, which maybe speaks to the game itself. When in an outside environment the game was so visually stunning that I'm eager to see what developers will be able to do with these new consoles in a couple years. But indoor environments were dull and the game started losing its luster around Chapter 4, becoming dull and forgettable. A good launch title, but I'll be selling it for The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds soon.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19  Edited By Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

Shenmue 2

just beat Shenmue for the first time in November. I was trying to find something to play and figured I might as well start the 2nd installment. I figured I'd only play a couple hours, but I'm probably 1/3rd the way through the game.

Final Fantasy IX

first time playing it. friend recommended it to be about 6 years ago, and constantly hyped it any time an RPG discussion was being had. I'm actually actively playing FF9 and just got to the 3rd disc last weekend.

Storm of Progear

still practicing on my arcade board. there's a chicago shmups meet coming up again next year, so I want to be able to clear a new game at the meet. been actually practicing this title on and off for about 4 months and probably put the 2nd most amount of time into this title in December. I'm stuck at the stage 5 intro, but I will definitely have the full game 1 credit cleared sometime in 2014.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

^Funny, you two just reminded me that I also started FF IX this month. For the first time.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

@Zassimick said:

Finals took up the first half of the month and I didn't get any game time. It sucked. Now that classes are done though, I played a lot of:

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag - PS4

This is an incredible entry in the series and such a fun game. I have a long ways to go in it still but I'm really enjoying it.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Wii VC

Finally beat this for the first time last night. Definitely the most difficult Zelda I've played but it was so worthwhile. I don't think it's my favorite Zelda title but it was incredible and there are a few things that left me wondering why Nintendo isn't still doing them in today's Zelda games.

Final Fantasy IX - Vita

Purchased on the Playstation Store recently just because I was in the mood to play it. The game is magical and charmingly epic.

Super Mario 3D World - Wii U

A game that has been equally fun alone and in a large group. I'm so glad I got my hands on this game because it is so polished and so enjoyable.

Killzone: Shadow Fall - PS4

Nearly forgot I beat this game this month, which maybe speaks to the game itself. When in an outside environment the game was so visually stunning that I'm eager to see what developers will be able to do with these new consoles in a couple years. But indoor environments were dull and the game started losing its luster around Chapter 4, becoming dull and forgettable. A good launch title, but I'll be selling it for The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds soon.

Had you never played FFIX before?

On topic:

Tearaway

Super Mario 3D World

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix

Uncharted 2

The Last of Us

Guacamelee

Sound Shapes

The Stanley Parable

Resogun

Bioshock Infinite

Waiting on P4G to arrive, I'll probably be stuck playing that until February when Thief releases and starts the next batch of blockbusters.

@Some-Mist said:

Shenmue 2

just beat Shenmue for the first time in November. I was trying to find something to play and figured I might as well start the 2nd installment. I figured I'd only play a couple hours, but I'm probably 1/3rd the way through the game.

Final Fantasy IX

first time playing it. friend recommended it to be about 6 years ago, and constantly hyped it any time an RPG discussion was being had. I'm actually actively playing FF9 and just got to the 3rd disc last weekend.

Storm of Progear

still practicing on my arcade board. there's a chicago shmups meet coming up again next year, so I want to be able to clear a new game at the meet. been actually practicing this title on and off for about 4 months and probably put the 2nd most amount of time into this title in December. I'm stuck at the stage 5 intro, but I will definitely have the full game 1 credit cleared sometime in 2014.

@Floppy_Jim said:

^Funny, you two just reminded me that I also started FF IX this month. For the first time.

Good god, I only wish I could play FFIX for the first time again. IMO, it's the most complete RPG experience from the PS1.

DirkXXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 DirkXXVI
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

In no particular order

- NBA 2K14 - PC - Great time waster game

- COD4 - PC - Another fun time waster game. Especially in private games where perks like martrdom result in autokicks.

- State of Decay - PC - Recently got addicted to this game though it's becoming frustrating not finding another character to take over so my current character can sleep.

- Max Payne 3 - PC - Finally getting close to the end. Have really enjoyed this game though I have drawn it out over a couple months.

- Batman Arkham Orgins - PC - Recently finished the hotel scene and am loving the game so far. The main criticism seems to be its to similar to Arkham City, however given how great Arkham City was why is that a bad thing? These days I would kill for a Resident Evil game was similar in gameplay to the original PSX games.

- Yakuza 3 - PS3 - So happy I gave this game a second chance. Anyone that enjoyed Shenmue should give this game a go. Either way so long as it doesn't go all ME3 with the ending this will likely end up among my all time favorites.

- Assassin's Creed 4 - PC - Got off to kind of a slow start to the point where I didn't feel compelled to get past the first town for around 3 weeks. However it's starting to pick up now. The game has also gotten me to start watching One Piece again.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Some-Mist

@Floppy_Jim said:

@Basinboy said:

Good god, I only wish I could play FFIX for the first time again. IMO, it's the most complete RPG experience from the PS1.

it truly is phenomenal and probably my favorite FF so far (even though I haven't beaten it). I've only really played FF3 (US), FF7, FF12, and FF13. It was between FF9 or FF10 in December, but one of my other buddies just told me to wait for the FF10 HD collection.

the music is fantastic and some of the areas are breathtaking. one of my favorite parts about the game is that it seems they pushed the art/sprites to the limit for PS1. I love sprite-work/art in games. everything in the game is beautiful - especially when compared to how atrocious FF7 look(s)(ed). But to be fair, I played FF7 for the first time probably 3-4 years ago too.

the only part of the game I was worried about in FF9 is when I received cards for a card game. I absolutely despise card games in videogames, which is one of the main reasons I quit FF8 so early on. It doesn't seem to be required though, so I've been skipping it altogether.

DirkXXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 DirkXXVI
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

@Basinboy
said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

Theres a running joke among some of my friends about weather or not I'll be able to finish FFIX before Half Life 3 comes out. Keeping in mind I got it for Christmas 13 years ago soon after it released. I'm back on Disc 3 for the first time in a while, and it's not like it's a difficulty problem as I've been using a maxed out save I got online so I don't have to worry about grinding.

However as much as I like it, I've just never been able to focus on it long enough to beat it which ironically I kind of view as a good problem as theres few things worse then being able to beat a game in the same amount of time a single rental would allow. Though the saddest thing for a lot of hardcore FF fans is I'm actually getting close to my 4th or 5th complete play through of Final Fantasy VII now that I've been able to mod it for the PC.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Gran Turismo 6: This game is massive. I'm only like 43% done and put it dozens of hours. Plus I used the money glitch like a 5-6 times and I STILL have tons of races to finish. This is what GT5 SHOULD have been.

Mass Effect 1(PS3): First time playing it. Tried it on 360 years ago and hated it. Giving it a second chance and loving it. Already beat ME2 and ME3 so it's not as bad as I remembered it years ago.

GTA5: Just Messing around.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Some-Mist

do you actually need to grind? I've "accidentally" grinded a couple of times when I was trying to find out where to go - or when I was trying to clear out entire sections of treasure like the gargant/fountain cave to get to the outer world
so far, I haven't struggled with any battles that I am technically supposed to win.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Borderlands 2 on pc is the only i even play and still am.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds: Awesome and I'm playing through the final dungeon which is incredible.

Uncharted: mediocre

Uncharted 2: Awesome

Uncharted 3: good but disappointing

The Last of Us: still playing through it

StarCraft: still playing through it

Christmas NiGHTs: Into Dreams: it's fun especially speed running

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown: another solid VF game

Daytona USA HD: fun for an HD port from 1994

God of War III: only played the opening sequence so far

Journey: great but way too short

GTAV: still playing through it

Half of my time has been playing through Naughty Dog games. The other half was mainly Zelda.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

My youngest daughter wanted GTA5 for Christmas, so I got her that. She wasn't allowed to play it until yesterday, but I played it the day I got it. Awesome game. Beat it once and playing it again and have yet to touch the multiplayer.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

BF4, Beat TLOU and COD Ghosts, and finished of Saints Row IV. Now working on Red dead redemption

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lostrib

BF4, Beat TLOU and COD Ghosts, and finished of Saints Row IV. Now working on Red dead redemption

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

XCOM: Enemy Within

Skyrim

FIFA 14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

@lostrib said:

Red Dead Redemption. Good game.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lostrib

@PonchoTaco said:

@lostrib said:

Red Dead Redemption. Good game.

It's definitely picking up

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

AC4 for PS4 for me, then followed by DR3 for Xbone

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

1: Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds
2: Super Mario 3D World

Only 2 games I played this month. Just started Rogue Legacy and Guacamelee. Will probably also go back to Wonderful 101 or Pikmin 3.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

All I played this month was Star Wars: The Old Republic.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Assetto Corsa probably takes the win for December in my games list. This is shaping up to be a damn good racer, the FFB and handling is pretty awesome!

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts
  1. Sonic Rush Adventure
  2. Sonic Classic Collection
  3. Streets of Rage Vintage Collection
  4. Shoot Many Robots
  5. Guardian Heroes
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Played about 50 hours of Xenoblade Chronicles, but that's almost all of the gaming I've done this December.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#41  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
  1. Persona 4 Golden (PSV)
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
  3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
  4. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U)
  5. Game Dev Tycoon (PC)
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Tomb raider

Far Cry 3

Pokémon Y

Gta V

YS

Dragons crown

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 zassimick  Moderator

@Basinboy said:

Had you never played FFIX before?

I had played about 5 hours of it before but never got further. I've always wanted to play through it all though so now I am. :)

It's amazing so far. We'll see what I think the deeper I get.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Man now I feel like replaying through FFIX. Stupid large backlog lol.

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45  Edited By MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts
  • Batman: Arkham Origins
  • XMen Origins: Wolverine
  • The Amazing Spiderman
  • Fable III
  • Soul Calibur V

Though I'm probably gonna spend the last few days of this month playing CoD: Ghosts.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 zassimick  Moderator

@Seabas989 said:

Man now I feel like replaying through FFIX. Stupid large backlog lol.

Yes... good... let me influence everyone's gaming!!! Muwahahahahahaha!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Actually I've been playing an insane amoutn of Final Fantasy IX on my Vita. It's practically all I've been playing except for a few games on PC for videos sake

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By zassimick  Moderator

@seanmcloughlin said:

Actually I've been playing an insane amoutn of Final Fantasy IX on my Vita. It's practically all I've been playing except for a few games on PC for videos sake

BOOM! See? Final Fantasy IX is hot right now folks! Play it while it's hot!

I'm playing it on Vita as well. It looks great on the system and is so much fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@Zassimick said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

BOOM! See? Final Fantasy IX is hot right now folks! Play it while it's hot!

I'm playing it on Vita as well. It looks great on the system and is so much fun.

haha I didn't even read the posts above mine. Damn that's weird how others are playing it too

But yeah it's great to be able to play it anywhere in my house instead of having to sit at my system. Handhelds are fantastic for RPGs I think

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Some-Mist

playing mine on PS3 (PS1 discs). Was actually playing it on my PS2 on my NEC XM29 CRT TV, but for some reason my memory card wasn't being read.

I hope to complete it before the end of the year. depends on how long disc 3 and 4 are.