Your Top 10 Games of the Generation

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by hardyz100 (4 posts) -

Im really curious as too see peoples opinions on what their top 10 games were of the generation.

My top 10

1) Uncharted 2

2) Uncharted 3

3) The Last Of Us

4) Gears Of War 2

5) Heavy Rain

6) Alan Wake

7) Batman Arkham Asylum/ City

8) Skyrim

9) L.A Noire

10) Red dead redemption

#2 Edited by Flubbbs (2471 posts) -

i think we get this thread atleast once a week but ill go again

1. Fallout 3

2. Dark Souls

3. The Last of Us

4. The Witcher 2

5. Deus Ex HR

6. Batman Arkham Asylum

7. Uncharted 2

8. Mass Effect 2

9. TESIV: Oblivion

10. DayZ

#3 Posted by lostrib (26486 posts) -

Well I just started playing the PS3 exclusives. But I would have to actually sit and think how to rank stuff. But COD4, L4D2, BF3 or BC2, TF2, portal games, Arkham asylum (though i need to finish it), mass effect 1/2 would probably be somewhere in there

#4 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (2596 posts) -

Halo Reach

Gears of War 3

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

GTA IV

Lollipop Chainsaw

No More Heroes 2

Modern Warfare 3

Fable II

Left 4 Dead 2

#5 Edited by lostrib (26486 posts) -

Halo Reach

Gears of War 3

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

GTA IV

Lollipop Chainsaw

No More Heroes 2

Modern Warfare 3

Fable II

Left 4 Dead 2

No COD?

#6 Edited by wiifan001 (18168 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Halo Reach

Gears of War 3

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

GTA IV

Lollipop Chainsaw

No More Heroes 2

Modern Warfare 3

Fable II

Left 4 Dead 2

No COD?

He said Modern Warfare 3

#7 Posted by MrXboxOne (682 posts) -

1. Halo 3

2. Fallout 3

3. Gears of War 3

4. GTA 4

5. Red Dead Redemption

6. Infamous

7. Assassins Creed

8. Forza 4

9. Fable 2

10. Call of Duty 2

#8 Edited by lostrib (26486 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Halo Reach

Gears of War 3

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

GTA IV

Lollipop Chainsaw

No More Heroes 2

Modern Warfare 3

Fable II

Left 4 Dead 2

No COD?

He said Modern Warfare 3

reading is hard :(

#9 Edited by mrintro (1354 posts) -

StarCraft 2, Demon's Souls, Skyrim, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civilization 5, DmC Devil May Cry, MLB The Show, Persona 4 Golden, Counter Strike GO

#10 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (2596 posts) -

@lostrib:

Me forgetting CoD? You so silly.

#11 Edited by MassiveKaos (3875 posts) -

From what i have played so far and not in any order and without repeating titles:

Halo 3

Gears of War/ Gears of War 3 (1st one had amazing single player and great MP, 3rd had amazing MP and co-op)

Bioshock

Borderlands 2

Red Dead Redemption

Grand Theft Auto IV/V (Cant decide which i like more yet)

Modern Warfare 2

DIablo III

Far Cry 3

Fallout 3

Currently playing SKyrim and its my first TES game and can safely say itll probably replace something on this list by the time I have completed it.

#12 Edited by wiifan001 (18168 posts) -

( No particular order)

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Xenoblade Chronicles

Portal 2

Batman Arkham Asylum

Batman Arkham City

Dead Space

Halo 4

Halo Reach

The following here I own but I haven't played yet: Grand Theft Auto IV, Fallout 3, L.A. Noire, Mass Effect, Dragon Age Origins, XCOM Enemy Unknown, Sleeping Dogs

#13 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

No order

1. Dead Space
  2. Dark/Demon's Souls (both)
  3. Dragon's Dogma
  4. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
  5. Borderlands 2
  6. BlazBlue Series
  7. Team Fortress 2
  8. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
  9. Fat Princess
  10. Persona 4 Arena (I guess)

Wow, didn't realize I hadn't favored very many games this ended gen. I mean, a lot of the games I had played were good, but nothing I'd call my favorite.

#14 Edited by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

10. Bayonetta

09. StarHawk

08. Little Big Planet 2

07. Skyrim

06. WarHawk

04. Mortal Kombat 9

03. Heavy Rain

02. The Last of Us

01. Uncharted 2

#15 Posted by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@wiifan001 said:

@lostrib said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Halo Reach

Gears of War 3

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

GTA IV

Lollipop Chainsaw

No More Heroes 2

Modern Warfare 3

Fable II

Left 4 Dead 2

No COD?

He said Modern Warfare 3

reading is hard :(

FAIL.

#16 Posted by Zassimick (6000 posts) -

Every time I make this list I feel like three or four of them continually change.

1. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  2. Red Dead Redemption
  3. The Last of Us
  4. Super Mario Galaxy 2
  5. Batman: Arkham City
  6. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  7. Halo 4
  8. Bioshock: Infinite
  9. Journey
  10. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#17 Edited by Some-Mist (5635 posts) -

my rankings are probably always different depending on the mood I'm in.... but

1. Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (Wii)
2. Mushihimesama Futari (360)
3. SpyParty (PC)
4. Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii)
5. Mother 3 (GBA)
6. The Sea Will Claim Everything (PC)
7. Bayonetta (360/PS3)
8. Demon's Souls (PS3)
9. Ketsui (360/PS3)
10. The Dream Machine (PC)

#18 Edited by k2theswiss (16221 posts) -

in no order~

1. dark souls
  2. halo 3
  3. oblivion
  4. red dead redemption
  5. bioshock series (loved all 3)
  6. fable 2
  7. the walking dead
  8. gta5
  9. me1
  10. cod 4

#19 Edited by Beefkebob (75 posts) -

M top 10 list would look different each time out depending on my mood lol. I would probably even include some games that I had forgotten about, only to remember then lol....but my top 3 is pretty much set in stone

#1 Last of Us

Gameplay: such amazing, deep, varied, intense, dynamic combat gameplay that is leagues above anything else out there.

The downtime of exploration which let you process everything and sink in the environments and atmosphere was awesome too. Loved the dynamic in-game dialouge that would occur during down time also. The pacing was superb. There was the fact item resource managment actually mattered to the gameplay etc.

The gameplay in Last of Us was simply on another level compared to everything else out there

Last of Us plays like a next gen version of Man Hunt, Resident Evil 4, and Metal Gear Solid 3 ALL WRAPPED up into one...

Story: Amazing characters, superb charcter development that even occured durring gameplay. No other game has done that.

The story was just expertly written and told.

The story in Last of Us was an amazing deep thought provoking story about the fateful, daunting, emotional yet beautiful journey of Joel and Ellie.

People from two walks of life were brought together and they grew closer through all the struggles, which again that was even reflected in gameplay. Incredible.

And dat ending, man it was such a risky ending, kudos to Naughty Dog for sticking to their vision.

That ending will make you think, cry, and it will leave an impact on you for as long as you remember.

The fact that the excellent gameplay and excellent story in Last of Us come together as one -where gameplay and story only served to compliment each other and make each other whole, puts Last of Us into a god tier catagory.

Last of Us is not just the best game of this generation, Last of Us is easily one of the GREATEST pure games of all time...and i've been gaming since on the NES...Naughty Gods indeed... Last of Us was revolutionary and moved gaming forward in gameplay and in story....and by being able to bridge both together as one....

Then way below.....

#2 Uncharted 2

Gameplay: Uncharted 2 remains the pinnacle of action adventure. Set pieces are second to none. Game is so fun to play.

The vertical factor adds a lot to the gunplay. Uncharted is a smooth, fast, responsive TPS with stellar level design where you can go vertical and shoot, pop in and out of cover at will, and run and gun or do it all. Makes Uncharted one of the best pure TPS games, compared to a bland barebones boring restricted TPS like Gears

Story: Light hearted in nature and charming. Its such a fun well told story with fun likeable characters. Playing Uncharted is like watching a fun charming summer movie that you really enjoy and leaves you with a good feeling.

Uncharted is the only cinematic game to get IT RIGHT and still include good gameplay (Yep those Naughty Gods)

#3. Uncharted 3 -

It was more of that awesome Uncharted flavor. Whats not to love. Unchated is the best new series of this gen.

Unchated 3 was even better and bigger then its predecessor in many ways. A story with more potential, better meele, better set pieces. Shipyard level is the best smoothest TPS level ever.....the only thing that brings Uncharted 3 down a little is some pacing issues and the fact that since Uncharted 3 had a set dead line from the start, Naughty Dog didnt have the time to polish it the way they wanted

And you still have to place Uncharted 2 higher because of the way Uncharted 2 revolutionzed this generation

But alas Uncharted 3 was still amazing and remains my 3rd favorite game of the last gen...

Naughty Dog is simply the greatest developer of our time.

#20 Edited by PhazonBlazer (10985 posts) -

1. The Last of Us

2. Uncharted 2

3. Red Dead Redemption

4. GTA 5

5. Super Mario Galaxy 2

6. Skyrim

7. Assassins Creed 2

8. Bioshock Infinite

9. Batman Arkham City

10. The World Ends With You

Honorable Mention: Zelda: Skyward Sword.

#21 Posted by drekula2 (1667 posts) -

1. Portal 2
2. Team Fortress 2
3. Grand Theft Auto V
4. The Last of Us
5. Super Smash Bros Brawl

#22 Edited by picklesurprise (154 posts) -

1. Scott Pilgrim

2. who cares

3. who cares

4. who cares

5. who cares

6. who cares

7. who cares

8. who cares

9. who cares

10. who cares

#23 Edited by Beefkebob (75 posts) -

Aw what the hell, here are my current number 4 and number 5 picks too lol

4. Metal Gear Solid 4 - loved the story. All the fan service that was included for fans of the series. What gameplay that was there was awesome...was such an engrossing experience. Aside from Uncharted 1, Was one of the first grand experiences i can remember having this gen.

5. God of War 3 - the begining level completely blew my mind away. The Chronos level blew my mind too. To this day they still impress me. I also loved the combat. My favorite thing to do was knock an enemy into the air, combo them in the air then finish it with O to grapple. I also loved using the grappling hook on an airbone opponent and mixing it up!

#24 Posted by soulitane (13343 posts) -

Halo 3

TWEWY

Yakuza 3

Batman Arkham Asylum

Uncharted 2

Oblivion

To the moon

Mass Effect 2

The Walking Dead

#25 Edited by Seabas989 (9672 posts) -
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • StarCraft II
  • Company of Heroes
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
  • The Orange Box (Portal)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Uncharted 2
  • The World Ends With You
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns

In random order.

#26 Posted by DillonShwing (561 posts) -

1. Oblivion

2. Halo 3 (Oh the memories....)

3. GTA IV

4. Fallout New Vegas

5. Gears of War

6. SKATE

7. Skyrim

8. Fallout 3

9. The Walking Dead

10. Amnesia

#27 Edited by dbz987 (3716 posts) -

1. The Last of Us

2. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

3. Chrono Trigger

4. Batman Arkham City

5. Mass Effect 2

6. Metal Gear Solid 4

7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

8. Bioshock Infinite

9. Uncharted 2

10.Donkey Kong Country Returns

#28 Posted by DillonShwing (561 posts) -

@dbz987 said:

1. The Last of Us

2. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

3. Chrono Trigger

4. Batman Arkham City

5. Mass Effect 2

6. Metal Gear Solid 4

7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

8. Bioshock Infinite

9. Uncharted 2

10.Donkey Kong Country Returns

>Skyward Sword

Surely you jest

#29 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (4971 posts) -

-Bioshock

-Bioshock Infinite

-Mass Effect series

-Portal 2

-Last of Us

-Uncharted 2

-Tomb Raider

-Red Dead Redemption

-Civilization 5

-Assassin's Creed 4

#30 Edited by Beefkebob (75 posts) -

I want to take this moment to talk a little more in-depth about the gameplay in the Last of Us.

The story was so good in the Last of Us that the gameplay doesnt even get the full credit it deserves.

The gameplay in Last of Us was friggen amazing too, and deserves even more praise then its already been getting.

In fact, the gameplay in Last of Us WAS revolutionary, just due to the simple fact that I had never played combat that tense, brutal, dynamic, engaging, and well thought out before.

All the mechanics were so well done and came together so organicaly to create a gameplay style in Last of Us that was original and exhilarating.

(and the gameplay also suited the settings/themes/story perfectly to boot. That is a discussion for another post)

-There was a brilliant mix of solid stealth mechanics, the best gun play out there, brutal meele, and stellar level design.

Which in turn lead to:

-Multiple paths you could take to enemies.

Do you try to flank? Do you throw distractions and try to out-manuever in stealth. You could even set bomb traps in smart places and lure enemies around corners right into it lol.

-An always different approach you could take to the combat - stealth, play cat and mouse with enemies, shoot, brawl it out in brutal fashion, use items to hit with, throw item to brutal running meele combos. Brick throw to running pipe smash is one of the greatest things ever!

-You could always run away in the thick of things too, lose enemies naturally, and re-evaluate.

On a mechanics level, that put Last of Us as a stealth game far above most other stealth games...because in other stealth games as soon as an enemy would see you, everyone would become aware of where you were and would never lose sight of you.

Last of Us has organic adaptive stealth mechanics that require actual improvisation like stealth in real life would (but more importantly its done in a way that its fun to play too. Naughty Gods are also the best when it comes to gameplay design)

As mentioned, the Last of Us does have superb individual gameplay mechanics. The way it comes together to create such a unique style of play, holy shit though!

-You could also run and brawl or try to desperately get a shoot off as you were on the run. Exhilarating!

-Or you could do Mixtures of all the above etc etc etc

There was so much you could do. There was a lot of depth to the combat in Last of Us. The Last of Us is a game for the thinking man. Its not your typical AAA braindead shallow Gears of War/Halo shooter

(not to mention, there is a real time crafting system that added further depth to the combat, which I will get into in a little bit)

Combat was flexible, and beautifully designed by Naughty Dog- from the mecahnics to level design/level lay outs/enemy placements....and you had the tools at your disposal to tackle the encounters how ever which way you wanted to. Combat in Last of Us was very dynamic and sand box like.

A.I deserves credit too

-The enemy A.I was also incredible and very crafty. Always kept you on your toes.

Hell, encounters vs Humans played OUT much differently compared to encounters vs the infected. Each played like a different game almost. Was such awesome legit enemey variety in combat that was natural and not forced.

Now on to the real time crafting system.

(We are starting to wrap this up in detailing how all the mechanics just came together so organically and flawlessley)

You scavenged environments in search of items during down time exploration (like any real survivors would -again one of many more examples of how gameplay and story were as one and how everything just fit) and what ever items you found or crafted actually mattered - tied right into the superb combat

Depending on your choices you could craft offensive items for a more offensive approach to combat or craft for defensive purposes.

Also, do you craft a shiv for stealth kills or do you use the same ingredients to craft a lock pic instead to open up locked doors with the hopes of finding more supplies? There were so many tough choices in gampeplay that you had to make that mattered!

The crafting is even done in real time so that meant that you had to choose when to craft. There is all the more strategy involved with the combat

Here is one of many scenarios that can happen when playing Last of Us

You are low on resources (health) and now you are frantically running away to find a safe spot to craft a medkit while enemies give chase to you. Moments like these happen on the fly. So tense!

There are just so many dynamic, tense, on the fly moments that can occur when playing Last of Us depending on how you played, choices you made, and how enemies reacted.

The over all bottom line is,

Whether you were playing cat and mouse with the enemies - or picking em off one by one in exhilirating fashion as you manuvered around, even using bricks or bottles as distractions etc...

Or whether you had to improvise when your cover was blown in stealth and shit hit the fan, and you were able to come up with a different gameplan on the run - or on the go, and succeed - getting into a brutal brawl in a last bid to survive or popping off your gun with a defeaning boom etc....

Or whether you were able to frantically lose the enemies when caught durring stealth, "disappear," re-think your gameplan- give the stealth another go and finally have the success you wanted....

Or whether you just barely managed to get by an encounter through the skin of your teeth while on low health and low resources....

Etc etc etc no matter how the cards turned, no matter how you chose to play, no matter what strategies you used, playing the Last of Us was pure gaming bliss ....some of the BEST pure gaming ive ever played or experienced. Last of Us has THE BEST gameplay of any game I have ever played BAR FRIGGEN NONE.

There IS NO other third person combat game that even comes close to matching Last of Us in gameplay... (or even comes close to having as original of a gameplay style as orginal as the gameplay style in the Last of Us is)

To recap, Last of Us has dynamic, intense, brutal, well thought out, sandbox-like combat, that perfectly blends survival horror with action, that is still challenging, and is backed by item resource managment mechanics to boot. What else out there is like it? There is nothing else out there like the Last of Us.

Oh and I almost forgot one thing! We still arent done! The Last of Us has such amazing gameplay, that I forgot to talk more about the industry standard Naughty Dog just set in GUNPLAY with the Last of Us too.

Just like your bullets had an impact on enemies, bullets would blow you away and stop you in your tracks. Thus you were forced to continue to play smart and approach with caution at all times etc....but in still a fun way....

Now comprae that to a character in Gears of War who eats bullets with no effect like a walking tank. God, Gears of War has the shittiest gunplay ever.

The more you breakdown the Last of Us the more you realise just how amazing and revolutionary the gameplay truly was in the Last of Us.

Anyway, trolls on neogaf, or on here, or on any other site, who try to tell you that the gameplay in Last of Us "wasnt any good or wasnt doing anything special," is full of shit.....plain and simple...they are full of cow shit stacked miles high.

Here is how you expose them.

Just ask them, "If its not doing anything special then what games play like Last of Us?" It always shuts 'em up with a quickness lol.

Or tell them to explain why the gameplay is bad. They can NEVER give any logical reasons that are based in any seamblence of reality why. And you know why, because the gameplay in Last of Us is objectively GREAT.

Anyone trying to tell you other wise is straight up full of shit, or doesnt know shit about video games

Last of Us plays like a unique blend of a next gen ManHunt, MGS3, and RE4 all wrapped up into one....and thats the closest you can ever get to naming a game that "plays like" Last of Us lol

Plus the way the gameplay and story merged together so perfectly in Last of Us etc

Last of Us is just a god tier game.

Easily one of the best games of all time, and my personal best game of all time. Naughty Gods indeed

To give you context. Ive been gaming since the NES. Ive played nearly every big or hyped game you can think of over the years, and still... the Last of Us stands TALL above the rest....

Last of Us is the greatest game i have ever played, experienced, what ever you want to call it...

There is NOTHING past or present that tops the Last of Us for me.

Last of Us IS the closest to perfection a game has ever come. Naughty Dog is seriously one of the greatest developers gaming has ever seen period, Naughty Dog is certainly the greatest developer of our time/of current times.

Thank you Naughty Dog, and thank you to Sony for always letting Naughty Dog do their thing and supporting them.

#31 Edited by foxhound_fox (85361 posts) -

Last gen?

1) Mirror's Edge

The others I can't order:

- Oblivion

- Dead Rising

- Shadow Complex

- Okami

- Skate 3

- Halo: Reach

- Forza Motorsport 4

- Batman: Arkham City

- Donkey Kong Country: Returns

- Just Cause 2

- Driver: San Francisco

- Star Wars: The Old Republic

- Dark Souls

- Dust: An Elysian Tail

- Bastion

#32 Posted by k2theswiss (16221 posts) -

Ive been gaming for a long time. Ive played every game you can think of over the years and only one game has stood out far above the rest to me.

The Last of Us!

No game has ever impacted me like The Last of Us has. Its not only my best game of this gen, its my best game of all time. I want to take this moment to talk more about Last of Us.

The story was so good in the Last of Us that the gameplay doesnt even get the full credit it deserves.

The gameplay in Last of Us was friggen amazing too, and deserves much more praise then its already getting.

Id even say the gameplay in Last of Us WAS revolutionary just due to the simple fact i had never played combat that tense, brutal, dynamic, engaging, and well thought out before

All the mechanics were so well done and just came together so organicaly to create a gameplay style in Last of Us that was fesh and exhilarating

-The brilliant mix of solid stealth mechanics, the best gun play out there, brutal meele, and stellar level design.

Which in turn lead to:

-The multiple paths you could take to enemies, different approaches and tactics always available, and all the different tools you always had at your disposal to tackle combat encounters how ever which way you wanted to. Combat in Last of Us was very dynamic and sand box like

-The enemy A.I was incredible and very crafty. Always kept you on your toes and thinking!

There was also the fact that the items you scavenged for durring down time exploration tied right into the superb combat and actually mattered to it.

Depending on your choices you could craft offensive items for a more offensive approach to combat or craft for defensive purposes. The crafting is even done in real time so that means you have to choose when to craft. There is strategy there.

Here is one of many scenarios that can happen when playing Last of Us

You are low on resources and now you are frantically running away to find a safe spot to craft while enemies give chase to you. Moments like these happen on the fly.

There are just so many dynamic, tense, on the fly moments that can occur when playing Last of Us depending on how you played and choices you made

So bottom line,

Whether you were playing cat and mouse with the enemies, or you had to improvise when shit hit the fan and you were able to come up with another gameplan on the go and succedd, or you were able to frantically lose the enemies when caught durring stealth, "disappear," re-think your gameplan- give the stealth another go and finally have success, or you just barely managed to get by an encounter through the skin of your teeth while on low resources, playing the Last of Us is pure gaming bliss ....some of the BEST pure gaming ive ever played or experienced.

There IS NO other third person combat game that even comes close to matching the deep and sublime over all gameplay package of or gameplay style/gameplay quality of the Last of Us

Any troll , whether on neogaf or here, who tries to tell you that the gameplay in Last of Us wasnt any good or wasnt doing anything special is full of shit.....plain and simple...

Here is how you expose them. Just ask them, "ok what games play like Last of Us?" It always shuts the troll haters up instantly.

Last of Us plays like a unique blend of a next gen ManHunt, MGS3, and RE4 all wrapped up into one

Plus the way the gameplay and story merged together so perfectly etc

Last of Us is just a god tier game.

Easily one of the best games of all time, and my personal best game of all time. Naughty Gods indeed

working too fucking hard...

#33 Posted by Beefkebob (75 posts) -

What the hell, here are my #5-10 picks too lol (list is always subject to change depending on how I feel lol)

5. Both Infamous games

6. Ratchet and Clank : A Crack In Time

7. Heavy Rain / Beyond Two Souls

8. Killzone Shadowfall

9. Bioshock 1

10. Ni No Kuni (PS3)

#34 Posted by Netret0120 (1545 posts) -

GTA5

Uncharted 1-3

TLOU

Red Dead Redemption

God of War 3

Call of Duty 4

#35 Edited by Heil68 (40593 posts) -

1. The Last of Us

2. Uncharted 2

3.Mass Effect 2

4. GTA 5

5. Halo 3

6. Skyrim

7. Bioshock

8. Batman Arkham City

9. MGS4

10. Infamous

#36 Edited by chessmaster1989 (28631 posts) -

In no real order (and am consolidating series when necessary):

Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last of Us

Bioshock series

Mass Effect series

Skyrim

The Last Remnant

Dead Space

Fallout 3/New Vegas

Demon's Souls/Dark Souls

Dishonored

#37 Edited by Renegade_Fury (16735 posts) -
  1. Sonic Generations/Colors/Rush
  2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
  3. Metroid Prime Trilogy
  4. Vanquish
  5. Skyward Sword
  6. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
  7. Mass Effect 2
  8. Batman: Arkham Asylum
  9. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
  10. Gears of War
#38 Posted by Telekill (3948 posts) -

Keeping all in a series to only one slot unless noted...

Uncharted Series

Assassins Creed series

The Last of Us

Tomb Raider (2013)

Resident Evil 5

Red Dead Redemption

Mass Effect series

Infamous Series

#39 Posted by charizard1605 (52802 posts) -
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Uncarted 2: Among Thieves
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Assassin's Creed II
  • Halo Reach
  • Dragon Age Origins
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  • Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

They're not necessarily in any sort of order, but those are the ten best games of the generation that I remember off the top of my head

#40 Posted by mems_1224 (44806 posts) -

In no order other than the first one

• Skyrim
  • The Last of Us
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Battlefield 3
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Halo 3/Halo Reach
  • XCom
  • Left 4 Dead 2
  • Civ 5
  • Dragon Age Orgins

Im probably forgetting something. It was just a f***ing INCREDIBLE generation. So many amazing games.

Honorable Mentions:

• FTL
  • Uncharted 2
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Batman Arkham City
  • Fallout 3
  • Papers, Please!
  • Saints Row The Third
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Far Cry 3
  • AssCreed Brotherhood
  • CoD: MW
  • Deus Ex: HR
#41 Edited by W1NGMAN- (9922 posts) -
  1. MGS4
  2. Uncharted 2
  3. The Last of Us
  4. Forza 2
  5. COD4
  6. Socom Confrontation
  7. Mass Effect 2
  8. SMG2
  9. Batman Arkham City
  10. God of War 3
#42 Edited by Link3301 (1679 posts) -

1. World of Warcraft

2. Super Mario Galaxy

3. Team Fortress 2

4. Gears of War

5. Halo Reach

6. Battlefield 2

7. Saint's Row The Third

8. Mass Effect 2

9. Spec Ops The Line

10. Batman Arkham City

#43 Posted by uninspiredcup (4800 posts) -

1. Scott Pilgrim

2. who cares

3. who cares

4. who cares

5. who cares

6. who cares

7. who cares

8. who cares

9. who cares

10. who cares

But who cares wasn't hyped.

#44 Posted by battalionwars13 (1263 posts) -
  1. Gears of War
  2. Alan Wake
  3. Halo 3
  4. GTAIV
  5. Batman Arkham Asylum
  6. Bioshock
  7. Lost Odyssey
  8. Gears of War 3
  9. Civilization 5
  10. The Walking Dead
#45 Edited by Justw8_N_C (85 posts) -

1. Uncharted 2 > all of course. DuH!

2. MGS4 > How's that xbox 360 10/10 coming, lems?

3. Heavy Rain (Remember this "movie")? Quantum Break says Hi.

4. Killzone 2: Burn in Hell, Rico.

5. Little Big Planet 2

6. The Last of Us

7. WarHawk

8. StarHawk

9. Dragon Age II

10. Rim of Sky.

#46 Edited by Ballroompirate (20641 posts) -

I'd have to go with

1. The Last of Us
  2. Skyrim
  3. State of Decay
  4. Mass Effect
  5. Mass Effect 2
  6. Dark Souls
  7. Batman Arkham Asylum
  8. GTA V
  9. The Wolf Among Us
  10. Fallout NV (I know I give it a lot of shyt, but now I've been replaying it after buying all the DLC during the steam sale)

Honorable mentions

• Xcom Enemy Unknown
  • Hotline Miami
  • The Walking Dead (TTG version)
  • The Witcher
  • The Witcher 2
  • Zelda Skyward Sword
  • Metro Last Light
  • Far Cry 3
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Starcraft 2 WoL + HotS
  • Max Payne 3
  • RDR
  • Uncharted 3
  • Uncharted 2
#47 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (23669 posts) -
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Most immersive game of the generation)
  • Wii Sports (Impacted the industry with Motion Control Gaming and Challenged that Games can actually be healthy for you.)
  • Uncharted 2 (this game defined the generation)
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (the Peak of Modern FPS Games)
  • Batman Arkham Asylum/City (the Metroid Prime of this Generation)
  • Halo 3 (Legendary Multiplayer FPS that will not be matched for a long time)
  • Dark Souls (this game set up the next generation)
  • Megaman 9 (for some reason I felt that Megaman 9 was the start of a bunch of re-releases and remakes of lots of old classics. Had MM9 not been made we may not have gotten Xmen Arcade or TMNT Reshelled or Sonic 4.)
  • Heavy Rain (hyper realistic game with a compelling story)
  • Minecraft (should tell us that graphics don't make the game.)

#48 Edited by Beefkebob (75 posts) -

@mrintro said:

StarCraft 2, Demon's Souls, Skyrim, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civilization 5, DmC Devil May Cry, MLB The Show, Persona 4 Golden, Counter Strike GO

Cant believe I forgot about the Show!

MLB the Show is the best sports franchise in gaming.

Playstation exclusive developers/playstation exclusives are so damn good, that even when its a sports game, its the best sports game out there

If only San Diego Studios had the NFL license *sigh*

Fuck you EA

#49 Posted by ratchet_usa (350 posts) -

Top 10 best games:

1. Uncharted 2

2. Metal Gear Solid 4

3. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

4. God of War 3.

5. Grand Theft Auto 5

6. The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection

7. Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition

8. Journey

9. Killzone 3

10. Catherine

#50 Posted by bbkkristian (14351 posts) -

1. Xenoblade Chronicles

2. Dissidia 012 Duodecim: Final Fantasy

3. Zelda: Twilight Princess

4.Super Smash Bros. Brawl

5. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

6. The World Ends With You

7. Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

8. Persona 4 Arena

9. Zelda: Skyward Sword

10. Tomb Raider

I didn't play the original so I won't include it, but Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions PSP would be on my list.