Your greatest gaming moment ever experienced?

• 126 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by ActicEdge (24464 posts) -

Oooh, I can't just pick one:

• Finishing the Special world in Super Mario World
  • Kafei and Anju's touching reunion in Majora's Mask
  • SHODAN's terrifying reveal in System Shock 2
  • Finally obtaining a lightsaber in Jedi Outcast
  • Finishing the notoriously difficult Devil May Cry 3 on Dante Must Die. That was just torture.
  • The ending to Max Payne 2
  • The airport lobby shootout in Max Payne 3
  • Anything and everything in Resident Evil 4 and Yoshi's Island

drinkerofjuice

Holy **** part 2 of the bowser fight in Yoshi's Island. The first time I played that my jaw dropped.

#102 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Hard to name just one

• Beating Sephiroth both times, both Kingdom Hearts on proud mode with no damage taken
  • First Penta kill on League (was with Gangplank)
  • Fire Emblem Sacred Stones, dodging a 99% attack that would have killed Ephraim. No death playthrough
  • Jumping out of the pipe Super Mario 64. Blew my mind
#103 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

The first time I played Halo Reach.

#104 Posted by OB-47 (10908 posts) -

Helping a friend get a penta with Shen's ultimate (was pretty perfect timing)

Too many Left 4 Dead moments as well.

Playing Bioshock and think Levine really did it.

Defeating the last boss on Killing Floor with a knife (ran outta ammo and was last man alive, took freakin ages)

Ah there's many more just not really thinking about it

#105 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
Playing in cod scrims back in the day (original cod that is..) with my clans and being in tourneys and stuff... that and playing cs from 00-06, from wc3/diablo mods, to the hide n seek ones, surf maps ,etc... best time of my life (gaming wise)
#106 Posted by clyde46 (45965 posts) -

Too many to choose from but a few stand outs are.

Playing Z.O.E for the first time.

Finishing MGS2 on European Extreme

Playing Mass Effect with surround sound

Finishing MGS4.

#107 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16260 posts) -

Fighting Volvagia the magma Dragon in Ocarina of Time, winning an online match in AOE2 on messenger gaming zone, kiddies never knew about that one, fighting ocelot and Metal Gear Rex in MGS1, beating the last boss in Half Life, Mech Warrior 2 intro and first 3 levels, Killing the Archdemon in Dragon Age Origins left me in awe. I can remember so many great gaming moments.

Listening to the following line: The last metroid is in captivity, the galaxy may be at peace.

#108 Posted by AHUGECAT (8967 posts) -

Ocarina of Time.

Sad as it is, I never played a Zelda game before that. Weird, I know.... but Ocarina of Time is not just a chunk of my gaming life, but my life in general. It is one of my most nostalgic events.... that game will never be topped and I will blame nostalgia for that. In fact, I think The Wind Waker is better but OOT means more....

The moment that I remember the most? So many, but I say finally beating the Forest temple. For some reason that temple was the hardest for me (the Water wasn't that bad actually), and I beat it over camping so it was awesome...

#109 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16260 posts) -

Ocarina of Time.

Sad as it is, I never played a Zelda game before that. Weird, I know.... but Ocarina of Time is not just a chunk of my gaming life, but my life in general. It is one of my most nostalgic events.... that game will never be topped and I will blame nostalgia for that. In fact, I think The Wind Waker is better but OOT means more....

The moment that I remember the most? So many, but I say finally beating the Forest temple. For some reason that temple was the hardest for me (the Water wasn't that bad actually), and I beat it over camping so it was awesome...

AHUGECAT

Yeah man, i don't remember the Water temple being so unholy hard to beat, i remember that the Forest temple was actually harder for me the first time around. Dont ask me why though.

#110 Posted by ArisShadows (22620 posts) -
On the note of Oblvion, its ashame that the game otherwise is lackerlust. On the topic of hand, playing 10 hour straight days of custom games in Starcraft everyday.
#111 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16260 posts) -
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"]On the note of Oblvion, its ashame that the game otherwise is lackerlust. On the topic of hand, playing 10 hour straight days of custom games in Starcraft everyday.

You sure do have a lot of spare time.
#112 Posted by ArisShadows (22620 posts) -
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="ArisShadows"]On the note of Oblvion, its ashame that the game otherwise is lackerlust. On the topic of hand, playing 10 hour straight days of custom games in Starcraft everyday.

I did, that was a great summer.
#113 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16260 posts) -

[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="ArisShadows"]On the note of Oblvion, its ashame that the game otherwise is lackerlust. On the topic of hand, playing 10 hour straight days of custom games in Starcraft everyday.ArisShadows

I did, that was a great summer.

Something similar happened to me with Age of Empires II, i played until i lost myself in the game, i didnt eat, didnt sleep nothing else mattered to me. Just AOEII the Age of Kings.

#114 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26126 posts) -

INITIATING SATELLITE SCAN

600x.jpg

*whoom*

DUNDUNDUN, DUN-DUN DUN!

That was just the startup video, but it left a bigger mark than anything I've ever played.

#115 Posted by jbisco25 (973 posts) -
  1. The first time your let loose in GTA 3.
  2. SF2 on the SNES.
  3. FF7 on the PS1.
  4. Mario kart on the SNES beating my best Friend time on the first ghost track .
  5. Starting my first run though Legend of zedla the link to the past.
#116 Posted by pcgaminggods (54 posts) -
Quake on mplayer. Quake 3 on dreamcast online launch Unreal championship at xbox live's launch.
#117 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5967 posts) -
When I first played Half Life 2 on my first gaming PC back in high school. It just blew my mind... And still does. The Ravenholm level especially.
#118 Posted by getyeryayasout (7356 posts) -
Probably getting a NES as a kid. Turning it on the first time and realizing that SMB was arcade perfect was an amazing moment. Console graphics to that point were severly downgraded from coin-op arcade machines. It was the begining of the end for arcades.
#119 Posted by Mr_BillGates (3186 posts) -

Uninstalling DOTA 2.

#120 Posted by OB-47 (10908 posts) -

INITIATING SATELLITE SCAN

600x.jpg

*whoom*

DUNDUNDUN, DUN-DUN DUN!

That was just the startup video, but it left a bigger mark than anything I've ever played.

ChubbyGuy40

omfg Battlefield intros were awesome

#121 Posted by khoofia_pika (13513 posts) -
When i entered Kanto in Pokemon Gold. When I completed the suicide mission in Mass Effect 2.
#122 Posted by super600 (30511 posts) -

Getting the final star in SMG2.

#123 Posted by pcgaminggods (54 posts) -
Getting a decent computer for the first time in 99.
#124 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

The return of Dekar in Lufia 2

that made me lose my sh!t when I was a kid.

#125 Posted by pcgaminggods (54 posts) -
My new computer alot bigger lol.
#126 Posted by g0ddyX (3911 posts) -

So much nostalgia in this thread...

I don't wanna even make a list. Would probably shed a tear.
And I go along with the majority of the posts already.