Your future predictions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Here are some of mine:

- PS4 will become the "gamer's console", getting all 3rd party support and "core" gamers on board

- Nextbox will become a "home entertainment centre", not focusing solely on games and capturing the "non-gamer" (or "casual") audience (+ some "core" gamers with exclusives like Halo, Forza & Gears)

- WiiU will eventually pick itself up and appeal to the Nintendo fan and get some "casual" and "core" attention, but the future Nintendo system will be a singular one (unified home + portable system)

- PC gaming will be ever as strong, getting even more attention than before, in spite of the "doom and gloom" prophecies (there will always be PC games, no matter what - altho we can expect more cross-platform projects in the future)

- AMD will dominate the console and budget PC areas with their APUs

- Nvidia and Intel will expand in other areas, not just desktop PCs (maybe a merger could happen?)

- tablet and mobile gaming will remain strong but "core" gamers will insist on "proper" gaming devices

- 3DS will continue to dominate the handheld area, in spite of the tablet/mobile competition

- Vita will eventually pick itself up, getting some decent success (has a similar problem to WiiU - *hint, hint*)

- Call of Duty series will drop in sales - a lot of gamers will become "fed-up" with it

- developers will put their games on most viable platforms

- "AAA" productions will continue to be strong, but an "alternate scene" of crowd-funded projects will become visible aswell

- innovation in "AAA" productions will take a backseat but it will thrieve in the low(er)-production projects

- bad publisher policies will have a negative ("karmic", if you will) effect on the publishers practicing them (looking at you, EA)

- some of the proposed upcomming platforms (i.e. "SteamBox", Nvidia Shield, Ouya, ect.) will merge with other platforms or get scrapped

- "VR" will become viable to consumers

As you can, see I have a rather "bright" view of the future of gaming.

So what are your predictions? :)

36594856.jpg

#2 Posted by clyde46 (43918 posts) -
Inb4 Cows.
#3 Posted by ImBatman- (1014 posts) -

PS4 wins the gen both games and sales wise. Pretty easy prediction.

#4 Posted by Blabadon (25599 posts) -
Too boring predictions on the TC's end. Also, why wouldn't third-party devs continue with MS' next console? Their multiplats nearly always sell best on the 360.
#5 Posted by MonsieurX (29132 posts) -

ImBatman-
As it did last gen? :roll:
#6 Posted by ImBatman- (1014 posts) -

[QUOTE="ImBatman-"]

MonsieurX

There wasn't a PS4 last gen.

#7 Posted by MonsieurX (29132 posts) -

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="ImBatman-"]

ImBatman-

Talking about the PS3
#8 Posted by MstaPrimeMnista (1073 posts) -
Most likely inflation. tumblr_mk17mnT9Ey1s14nvmo1_250.gif
#9 Posted by Basinboy (10970 posts) -

Bacon

#10 Posted by Joedgabe (5091 posts) -

I think isntead they should create an upgradeable system. Sort of like a PC except only plays games. Every certain number of years the hardware upgrades allowing the games to be played on high medium or low if it doens't meet the minimun requirement then the person would have to upgrade. In the long run it would be more economical for everyone. It's what I would think should happen.

#11 Posted by Minishdriveby (10114 posts) -

- All Next gen consoles (Wii-U, PS4, 720) have extremely slow install base rate.

#12 Posted by locopatho (20102 posts) -
WiiU: Sells round 20 - 30 million, has a couple dozen amazing exclusives, very little third party, lags behind in graphics/sound/online/AI/physics/etc. PS4: Back to PS1/PS2 level. 100 mill+ sales. Games first, everything built around getting the most amazing 3rd party and huge amounts of great 1st party as well. Hardware is kickass, PSN still free, no more 20 minute updates(!?). Only downside might be a high price. Nextbox: I don't know enough. Bad rumours, it could just be a Kinectbox, but I'll have to see.
#13 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -
  • The Last Guardian will be the best game ever made.
  • Next FF will still be horrible.
  • Western RPG's will take the reign from Shooters.
  • There will be a lot more Indie devs then ever before.
  • Kojima will become the Japanese president, then later on the King of Earth.
  • EA gonna EA, Capcom gonna Capcom, M$ gonna M$, Activision gonna Activision.
#14 Posted by egger7577 (574 posts) -

Pachter-Predictions.jpg

Michael Patcher's prediction but this guy is somewhat accurate at times. 

#15 Posted by Minishdriveby (10114 posts) -

Pachter-Predictions.jpg

Michael Patcher's prediction but this guy is somewhat accurate at times. 

egger7577
:lol: "We won't lose any more publishers to bankruptcy."
#16 Posted by Badosh (12727 posts) -
PS4 wins by 200 million units, defeats PC and bankrupts MS.
#17 Posted by Gue1 (9339 posts) -

PS4 wins, Wii U and X720 will be last place. 

#18 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -
Nintendo will release the best games of the gen... Again
#19 Posted by JamDev (970 posts) -
Giant venomous sloths that shoot lasers from their eyeballs.
#20 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

Giant venomous sloths that shoot lasers from their eyeballs. JamDev

you stole my prediction :evil:

#21 Posted by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1270 posts) -

$ony apologists detach themselves even further from reality.

#23 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5031 posts) -
Inb4 Cows.clyde46
1 post before a hermit flamebaiting. You guys move fast.
#24 Posted by super600 (30084 posts) -

- All Next gen consoles (Wii-U, PS4, 720) have extremely slow install base rate.

Minishdriveby

I agree with that prediction because their is a chance consumers won't want consoles that cost a certain amount of money.

Also my predictions

-All the big three's consoles will sell less than the current gen consoles(maybe)

-The 720 will be successful with the core and casual groups

-The PS4 will be more successful than the PS3, but it won;t get first place

-The WiiU will recover and make less money than the Wii for ninty, but their next console will be better.(Will most likely end up in second, maybe third in the console race).

#25 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16249 posts) -

Where is your King K. Rool avatar ? :o

the_many_faces_of_King_K-Rool.jpg

#26 Posted by dogfather76 (588 posts) -

I agree with most except the part about the next box. I think it will remain the most popular console in the US and will remain almost even with the PS4. Even though I love the PS brand, I do not expect it to make huge gains as far as market share goes (at least in the US).

#27 Posted by shawn30 (4361 posts) -

Both MS and Sony do very sales wise, with each taking turns as the number 1 console.

MS will continue to carry America and the UK. Sony will carry Japan and other countries. But Sony will be competitive in the US, and MS will be as well overseas everywhere except Japan.

Nintendo will be playing catchup all gen long, but new Mario Galaxy, Zelda, and Metrod, SSB will help the system not become a gigantic financial failure.

MS will price the 720 below the price of the PS4.

The PS4 will be the more powrful of the two, but the difference won't be great.

MS will use its extreemely deep pockets and its stranglehold on the United States to grab a couple of key third party exclusives, whether they are permanent or limited timed exclusives.

Sony will continyue to produce more first party exclusives.

Bungie will create 720 excluisve content for MS as well.

Move will be discontinued within 3 years and replaced with something new.

Kinect will not.

Gamers are the true winners as these two will go toe to toe to win our money. 

#28 Posted by StormyJoe (4724 posts) -

ImBatman-

I am hoping this is sarcasm...

#29 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

[QUOTE="ImBatman-"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] As it did last gen? :roll:MonsieurX

Talking about the PS3

PSone and PS2 were wins. PS4 will just make things go back to normal.

#30 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

[QUOTE="ImBatman-"]

StormyJoe

Why? It is the mostly likely outcome. Wii U is dead and the 360 couldn't outsell the PS3 with a full year head start and lower price point...

#31 Posted by StormyJoe (4724 posts) -
  1. The 360 and PS3 will be cometitive in the world, with one taking the lead for a while the the other.
  2. Nintendo will struggle with the WiiU, but make up for it with strong hand-held sales.
  3. Sony will make most online features of the PS4 "subscription based". Will only leave rudamentary on-line play free. Feature set will be limited to promote subscriptions.
  4. MS will follow Sony's lead on point #3, making XBL silver have on-line play, but with most "goodies" disabled.
  5. More PC only developers will make games available for consoles.
  6. True MMORPGs will come to consoles.
#32 Posted by StormyJoe (4724 posts) -

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

[QUOTE="ImBatman-"]

StrongBlackVine

Why? It is the mostly likely outcome. Wii U is dead and the 360 couldn't outsell the PS3 with a full year head start and lower price point...

It is not the mostlikey outcome. The PS3 caught the 360 in sales because of Japan, and Japan alone. Take that incredible advantatage (6-7 million) out of the equation, and the PS3 was beaten soundly by the 360 this gen.

#33 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

1. MS will follow Sony's lead on point #3, making XBL silver have on-line play, but with most "goodies" disabled.

StormyJoe

#34 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

StormyJoe

It is not the mostlikey outcome. The PS3 caught the 360 in sales because of Japan, and Japan alone. Take that incredible advantatage (6-7 million) out of the equation, and the PS3 was beaten soundly by the 360 this gen.

Yeah, but you can't take away sales. I could say Sony would have done even better if not for Tsunamis in Japan. Also inflated 360 sales due to Red Ring Of Death.

#35 Posted by StormyJoe (4724 posts) -

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

StrongBlackVine

Yeah, but you can't take away sales. I could say Sony would have done even better if not for Tsunamis in Japan. Also inflated 360 sales due to Red Ring Of Death.

I am not. I am saying that if the 360 is competitive in Japan, and everything else stays the same, MS "wins" over Sony next gen. Is that possible, I honestly do not know, but to say that Sony's next gen victory is a forgone conclusion is a little silly.

#36 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

StormyJoe

I am not. I am saying that if the 360 is competitive in Japan, and everything else stays the same, MS "wins" over Sony next gen. Is that possible, I honestly do not know, but to say that Sony's next gen victory is a forgone conclusion is a little silly.

I think is a lot more likely that Sony that will do better in US than Microsoft getting any traction in Japan...

#37 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -
industry crash
#38 Posted by lamprey263 (22607 posts) -
my prediction, Sony is so successful with the PS4 they go broke because they're selling them at a loss
#39 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

industry crashyellosnolvr

Why?

#40 Posted by Optical_Order (5100 posts) -

PS4 sells 600 million billion units because GDDR5.

#41 Posted by StormyJoe (4724 posts) -

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

StrongBlackVine

I think is a lot more likely that Sony that will do better in US than Microsoft getting any traction in Japan...

And that is the great thing about SW. People can have different opinions and discuss them. Still, even with your comment, it is not a "guarantee"; it's a possible outcome.

#42 Posted by GamingGod999 (2930 posts) -

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

StormyJoe

The difference in the 360's US install base to the PS3s is far greater than that, making your point irrelevant.

#43 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1668 posts) -

Easy to predict...

-PS4 wins next gen

-PS4 is sony's last console (maybe in the future... like the year 2020 or beyond they make something but not a console... something you put on your head or TV's that play games better than PS4 lol)

-Gaming on desktop PC's will go downhill

-Wii U gets discontinued

-Nextbox will sell better than Wii U but still be a failure like Xbox 1

Maybe i get 1 wrong... maybe not xD

#44 Posted by EPaul (9906 posts) -

Wii U wont be the best selling console this gen

#45 Posted by Newhopes (4468 posts) -

PS4 won't do as well as the cows think.

#46 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Newhopes

I'm guessing mental disablity for you.

#47 Posted by Newhopes (4468 posts) -

[QUOTE="Newhopes"]

StrongBlackVine

With that avatar I think it's more than likely you've taken more than a few knocks to the head.

#48 Posted by Minishdriveby (10114 posts) -

[QUOTE="Newhopes"]

StrongBlackVine

With no price, no release dates (games/consoles), and no info on how online will work. You cannot predict if it will be a success or failure at launch. My opinion is if it launches for over $400 and publishers start to restrict game access it will be in trouble.